Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,839 members, 7,882,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 07:31 PM

Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show (9897 Views)

Educate Me Please.am About To Host A Radio Talk Show,never Done It Before! / Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show / Radio Talk Show Producer Needed. Have you got d swag! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by nokingasgod: 6:56pm On Mar 06, 2013
edreesabiodun: LOL. Not holding brief for him or anything but the callers don't feed him.
Sir, let's educate ourselves a bit here. Of course the callers feed him. The callers are essential part of the listenership without which the particular station can ever thrive. Without the listeners, there will be no advertisers and without adverts, there will be no salaries and the station is dead. THe station is not a charitable organisation, it is a business venture set up to earn profit. In a civilised environment, the listener is treated with respect.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Bawss1(m): 7:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
Is the radio show which this notorious Freeze is the host sponsored by any corporate body; they should pull their sponsorship in protest of this unprofessional conduct.
That's probably one of the best ways to get the message into the thick skulls of unruly radio presenters that people don't tolerate their ish.

Cool FM and their very uncool presenters. angry
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by NoQualms1(f): 7:24pm On Mar 06, 2013
Babzilla:

GOD BLESS U AND THE ANNOYING THING IS THEY DONT KNOW WHEN 2 STOP. I MEAN I WANT TO LISTEN TO MUSIC, HELL THATS Y ANYONE LISTENS TO THE RADIO ANYWAY (THAT AND THE NEWS BITS) THEY WANT TO TALK AND THE FCKING PARROTS GO ON AND ON AND FCKING ON TILL THEY GIVE U A FCKING MIGRAINE. IF U WANT TO PRACTICE UR 1/2 BAKED ACCENTS GO GET A ROOM AND A MIRROR & DO YO THANG WE DONT CARE.

Hahahahaha, this got me laughing.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by odgaso: 7:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
cr7lomo.:
Yes, I heard it al on the 4th abi 5th march in d evEenin say 5 or 6. D presenta ws freeze. Its seems like dat guy has tempa issues cos av noticed it in d past dat d guy is soooooo rude. I 1da if dey dnt hv a regulatory departmnt on cool fm 2 caution dia activities.
i tink mashe or wot ever they call her on nigeria info FM is the worst.tanks guys for bringing dis out
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
I tink freeze has a high amount of inferiority complex!! U neva see anytin!! He is verry rude!even had a diss wit don-jazzy! He tinks he is. Everytin.. Nd dat ugly gal calld kaylah licks his butt.. Mke una tel am -PRIDE GOETH B4 A FALL..
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by misterh(m): 8:11pm On Mar 06, 2013
That's why i love dt morning show on Star FM with Mofe and Moyo. D way they recognise callers is amazing.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by jinduokoroma: 8:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
lakesdie: ON cool FM i don't know the name of the presenter but the guy was so rude on air, they were having this children talk show,with two children on the show,(a boy and a girl) and the idea was for people to call in and give them words to spell. The boy was overconfident cause he was getting all the spellings right. This particular guy called and asked the boy to spell MNEMONIC,he spelt PNEUMONIC and the caller said he was wrong.At this point, the presenter not knowing such a word existed challenged the guy and asked him the meaning of the word. The guy tried to explain to him, he didn't give him a chance to explain, only for him to start laughing at the guy, the caller then told him to check the meaning of the word in the dictionary and hung up. The presenter took it personal and started making such remarks as "he probably graduated with a third class", "he has a mere OND" and several other derogatory statements.

A lady had to call in again to caution him but he refused to accept he was wrong and cut her off too.
Whatever happened to the days when presenters were cultured and respectful? Now all we get are presenters that are so full of themselves, they feel every other person is a walkover.

if it is good morning Nigeria show, it should be Mannie. He is even far better than freeze and Nsix. They are rude on air
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Jerryjat(m): 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
D guy should b freezed... As in... Tied and floged...
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Memphis357(m): 8:53pm On Mar 06, 2013
garri4all: I stopped listening to cool fm because of their presenters.
all of them are so stupid with fake accents and are extremely rude and always yabbing callers.
I don't know the presenter you are talking about because like I said I no longer listen to them because Cool fm is trash but I know for sure that Freeze is sooooo rude and full of himself. Honestly I don't just understand why.

I only started listening to the stupid station when I left naija to keep me in touch with home but honestly I will rather listen to stations here and check NL for updates than listen to insults from some silly presenter.
Abeg who knows of any better naija radio station that streams live online?
Classic FM 97.3 and The Beat FM 99.9
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by denitro(m): 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by nyabingi(m): 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
The truth is that most of these guys posing as presenters did not acquire basic broadcasting trainings,institutions such as FRCN Training school, Tv collage in Jos and School of Journalism ikeja churns out qualified broadcasters on regular basis but the owners of these new stations prefer to engage close relations and friends through some man know man arrangements. the cool FM group is a big culprit here, they employ presenters who come on air to brag, show-off and talk about just themselves and their class of friends. WAZOBIA fm is another station that sucks, im not against their choice of using pidgin English to broadcast at least they serve a segment of the larger Nigerian listeners but it must be done professionally, presenters like OPJ and hie crew should go get more training on how to present on radio even with pidgin English. Nigeria Info is is one of the best thing that has happened to radio broadcasting in Nigeria as they offer Nigerians opportunity to air their view in diverse topics of national interest but some of their presenters also need to soften a little bit in the way they imitate foreign accent.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by GboyegaD(m): 9:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
SamConquer: In As Much As The Presenter Need To Be Profesional.The caller Need To Have A ''Tongue Control System''...I have Listened To Many Radio Conversation Where The Callers Are Just Unnecesary Naughty And Rude..And That Push The Presenters To The Extreme,They have to React.You Know Why.......THEY ARE HUMANS

Part of their ethics is that they should be well cultured no matter what. The presenter should learn to act better even when under pressure of whatsoever kind.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Duchaello(f): 9:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
lakesdie: ON cool FM i don't know the name of the presenter but the guy was so rude on air, they were having this children talk show,with two children on the show,(a boy and a girl) and the idea was for people to call in and give them words to spell. The boy was overconfident cause he was getting all the spellings right. This particular guy called and asked the boy to spell MNEMONIC,he spelt PNEUMONIC and the caller said he was wrong.At this point, the presenter not knowing such a word existed challenged the guy and asked him the meaning of the word. The guy tried to explain to him, he didn't give him a chance to explain, only for him to start laughing at the guy, the caller then told him to check the meaning of the word in the dictionary and hung up. The presenter took it personal and started making such remarks as "he probably graduated with a third class", "he has a mere OND" and several other derogatory statements.

A lady had to call in again to caution him but he refused to accept he was wrong and cut her off too.
Whatever happened to the days when presenters were cultured and respectful? Now all we get are presenters that are so full of themselves, they feel every other person is a walkover.

HaHa.....human being!!u got it all wrong,i actually listen to the prog.. On monday it's called meet d family with freeze,kaylah & some kids.A guy called in and asked one of the kids to spell MNEUMONIC bt d kid tot it was supposed to be PNEUMONIC,Bt d caller was jst too hypersensitive to correct the little kid,Nigerians shld exercise patience in everyfin we do.I listened noone tonguelash anybody....haha be careful when u add salt and pepper to everyfin u say dear,,GOD's watching u in 3D.As for the guy dat u said was insulting d caller(The voice)..its nt everyfin in life u get serious about and always cul down,there're sum fins u jst laugh over ok! life is nt difficult dear
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by GboyegaD(m): 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2013
garri4all: I stopped listening to cool fm because of their presenters.
all of them are so stupid with fake accents and are extremely rude and always yabbing callers.
I don't know the presenter you are talking about because like I said I no longer listen to them because Cool fm is trash but I know for sure that Freeze is sooooo rude and full of himself. Honestly I don't just understand why.

I only started listening to the stupid station when I left naija to keep me in touch with home but honestly I will rather listen to stations here and check NL for updates than listen to insults from some silly presenter.

Try to listen to Splash 105.5fm in Ibadan. I never knew the station existed until whenever I travelled and realised I needed something Nigerian to listen to. They have good programs however, some are in yoruba. If you don't undrstand yoruba, you could try some of the stations in the region you are from.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by madeinnigeria: 9:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
Na so tony ubani of vanguard newspaper go dey quarrel for post match interview for afcon dey ask silly silly questions from coaches..it has been happenin a longtime ago ppl like mitchel obi go dey abuse callers for AM sports dat time etc..dem plenty lik dat wey dey abuse their viewers and listeners..wHo is freeze when OGE for brilla fm dey reign dat time u go like her voice and evrything she sayz...enuf cool presenters dat hv left d radio who go wan dey listen to presenter wey no get manners..dan foster was d main man in cool before if u are his fan just move to inspiration jo
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by PastorOla1: 9:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
Yes in Nigeria
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Duchaello(f): 9:21pm On Mar 06, 2013

Freeze is a free-minded person.....CoOLfm ROcK!
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by emmatok(m): 9:23pm On Mar 06, 2013

That must be freez.That guy is dumb.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by debbydominic(f): 9:55pm On Mar 06, 2013
misterh: That's why i love dt morning show on Star FM with Mofe and Moyo. D way they recognise callers is amazing.

You have said it all.those ladies are true presenters in every sense of the word.when callers call,they make you feel so good with yourself.am hoping they get to win best presenter(s) of the year cos I wuld vote for them one million times.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by clemmonce(m): 10:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
i have stopped listening to cool fm as well freeze is rude, not only cool fm.... there is this program beat fm does every morning i hate that program all they know how to do is criticise people... bull sh.it... i only listen to douglas at night and at times city...
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Limaoscar: 10:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
Naija na wa o, there is this guy in 88.9 Brila FM (sports radio) i can't stand.....soooooo rude and can't even make one complete sentence without a flaw. i think His Radio name is "over-dose" or something like that.The rest of the guys are o.k.i no dey kuku miss
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by cr7lomo: 11:28pm On Mar 06, 2013
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Mr.Sinister:

I think you are a staff of cool FM. You might even be freeze sef! Change your ways

Lwkm, lmfao, looooooooool, hahahhahahahahahaha
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Emmasees: 12:48am On Mar 07, 2013
But people sha. We just love to pull people that are doing well in their field down. We Nigerians are our own enemies and that's why we may never grow or develop as a country. Nobody is perfect and we have our own shortcomings, does that mean we are a bad person? I didn't listen on the supposed date but one thing I can say about freeze is that he is one of the best broadcaster we have in this country and Coolfm will be glad they have him. That's the style he has chosen and it works for him because we are here discussing him and Coolfm. We love him on the roadshow and we will keep on supporting him no matter what. Up freeze, up Coolfm, up Nigeria.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by darmiee1(m): 1:18am On Mar 07, 2013
I did broadcasting in school and I can tell u that it is totally unethical for a presenter to be rude to audience or a caller. Well, don't blame them, majority of the presenters on our radio stations today didn't study the profession. They only employed them cos 'they sound foreign' or sound good

1 Like

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by SUCCEED3: 5:57am On Mar 07, 2013
The presenters radio name/nick name is Freeze, I don't know his real name, but I must say that the said Freeze is too arrogant on radio, always too full of himself. I listened to that particular episode of the programme 2 days ago and I was totally dissapointed, even his co-presenter and subordinate Kaylah always trys to correct him.

The lady that called to correct him sounded very intelligent and was so persistent but Freeze kept interrupting her and not allowing her to express herself and eventually he cut her off without accepting that he was wrong to the disspointment of Kaylah because Kaylay was somewhat apologetic.

And to think that this same Freeze anchors a christian religious programme Praise Jam on Cool FM on Sundays and advises people makes it even worse. Since Dam Foster left that Radio station Freeze has been trying to fill his gap but he has been such a dissapointment. I hardly listen to Freeze unless it's a very important programme, anytime I tune to Cool FM and he's the presenter I tend to tune to another station.

I wish there was a way to caution and stop this sort of unprofessional conduct by some radio presenters to serve as a deterrent. This is common with Cool FM and her sister stations. Remember they have closed down theirs sister station Wazobia FM's Kano branch because of the carelessness of their presenters because they were accused of inciting the violence that led to the killing of 9 health workers some weeks ago.

There management should should really do something about this.

2 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Nobody: 6:00am On Mar 07, 2013
Chei! freeze don enter am today

unless cool fm are looking for a shock jock

this negative feedback will be the knife an annoyed oga needs
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Fussbot: 7:40am On Mar 07, 2013
Lol...na u lagos people get dat prob o...den no born any presenter wel mae in try that 4 here "ilu oke"...shey na 4 unique fm, okesha ilesha den go try am ni abi living spring fm oke baale oshogbo abi ajilete fm gambari ogbomoso...i trust ma people,den go stop them anytime dey see them and ask"shey eyin len ma buwa lori radio abi??(shey n u dey abuse us 4 radio abi??).....lol...dem presenters are kul here sha....freeze!freeze!...i dey see d guy 4 tv na..and av heard a couple of stuffs bout him..+he is a man fa,not a guy o....shey we go con sae mae a 40+ man should grow up ni abi watin??
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:43am On Mar 07, 2013
misterh: That's why i love dt morning show on Star FM with Mofe and Moyo. D way they recognise callers is amazing.

You got that right! They treat their callers like kings and queens; ever jovial, courteous, witty and respectful. My dad listens to their program every morning; he doesn't miss it.

Infact, my dad's radio is permanently tuned to STAR FM 101.5.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:47am On Mar 07, 2013
debby dominic:

You have said it all.those ladies are true presenters in every sense of the word.when callers call,they make you feel so good with yourself.am hoping they get to win best presenter(s) of the year cos I wuld vote for them one million times.

True that!
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:04am On Mar 07, 2013
garri4all:

1. www.radiolagosekofm.net/
2. www.radiopalmwine.com
4. www.duduradio.com
5. www.radionigeriaonline.com
6. www.wazobiafm.com
7. http://tunein.com/radio/Nigeria-r101281/ (collection of Nigerian station streaming live)
8. www.praiseworldradio.com (full gospel radio)
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by chic2007: 10:15am On Mar 07, 2013
edreesabiodun: LOL. Not holding brief for him or anything but the callers don't feed him.

You are so wrong here. If people don't listen to radio stations, companies/individuals do not advertise with them. Who is the target audience for advertisers? Everyone who listens. If the OAP's piss off the listeners and we stop listening and calling in, no Company worth its two kobo will pay millions to advertise on such stations. Bottom line, their salaries are based on income/revenue, a large chunk of which come from adverts. So the listener and caller is very important and should be treated with respect.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by chic2007: 10:25am On Mar 07, 2013
Duchaello: Freeze is a free-minded person.....CoOLfm ROcK!

Please if you know Freeze personally, tell him to be more polite. He is too rude. And if you are Freeze, I hope you try and change. Your rudeness is legendary. Even on the programme, "Under Pressure", you like dishing it but don't like receiving. You have a very caustic tongue and the minute a caller starts getting rude as well, you cut them off. You can dish it but can't take it!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD!: Mr Benson Ft. Qdot - Ogogoro (prod. By 2tboyz) / Gospel Music: Prophet Chukwuemeka Odumeje – Ebube Ya Kuzirim / Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.