Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,884 members, 7,969,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 12:24 PM

Police And Thief : Identifying The Real Criminals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police And Thief : Identifying The Real Criminals (693 Views)

Ikpeazu Gives Cars To Police And Doctors (Photos) / Tension In Kaduna As Police And Shii'tes Clash / We’re Identifying Banks, Countries Where Stolen Funds Were Lodged — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police And Thief : Identifying The Real Criminals by GUNZnROSES(m): 11:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
Perhabs, Thomas Hobbe's dismal shock about an insecured state was borne out of his palliatives for a new state built on the operational basis of a responsible government. He was however ignoble about the challenges we face today and unceremoniously guillotined his theory when he unframed responsive security institutions from his litmus test on Origin of state.

My outburst is triggered by my experience on a bright sunny morning in the month of feburary. While i was carrying out my daily business guarded under my routine devotional mantra of Dignity in labour, i heard a terrific bang on my door. I vowed to loosen the chains of hell on that erring staff that had the effontery to act unculturedly. I swaggered bossfully towards the door, taken with me a well prepared oral querry. I jerked the door bolt in vexation and started pouring out arrogant words from my lips without even noticing the AK 47 starring directly at my face. My nerves immediately communicated it to my brain that these were men of the underworld. I responded 4 times with details to each of their questions as i face the ground dishonorably. The uglyest one amongst the dare devil men ordered me to quickly remit the proceeds of the day to him. I took him with my almost soiled trousers to my office toilet and showed him the ceiling. I quickly obliged with a chair to enable the "gentleman" open the ceiling to take the 300,000 naira i hid there a day before. i laid down and peeped intermetently at where he was directing his gun at. I never knew my corporation with the Robbers could be that overwhelming

After the robbers heyday, i was still facing the ground even after about 20mins of their departure. My staffs came to me where i was lyin down on the floor of my toilet and contemptiously told me to stand up to my feet and that they had gone." Woe betide them". I refused. After much persuasion, i regained consciousness. JESUS!! my 120k laptop, my double sim techno phone were all gone. I launced a march with about six other victims to the office of the D.P.O.....

ME: Oga this is absolutely prepostrous. Despite the fact that some of your men stationed a roadblock close to my company, They didnt get the alert that robbers were operating. This is mesmerizinly ridiculous!
DPO: my friend, you are very mistaken. we were the first to get the alert. Infact when we saw how intimidating the guns of those robbers were, we had to send a signal to Warri division requesting for a joint team operation in other to subdue the robbers. But it was rather unfortunate that before we could mobilize, the robbers had left.
I shook my head with disdain. On noticing my irritation at his nonsense, he looked at me persuasively
DPO: what you Nigerians dont know is that police are your friends. Dont blame us o.We couldnt get fuel for our hilux so we had a delay. Anyway, go to the counter and write down your statment.

I went straight to the policeman seated at the counter. He was looking very shabby and unhealthy. He looked like the armed robber i obliged with a chair. i answered every question he asked me and i wrote down all i knew about the incident on the sheet of paper he gave me. i gave him a "thank you" gesture as i turned towards the exit door. He quickly jumped off his chair and accosted me.

POLICEMAN: Oga, sorry about the robbery o.
i nodded pitifully with a blunt and dejected smile
POLICEMAN: Oga na wa for you o. You just dey go like that?
ME: wetin happen?.... i asked dumbfoundedly
POLICEMAN: shey you no know say you go pay me 200naira for the paper and biro wey u take write statement?

Now, i became very furious and started quoting some sections of the police act which i stumbled across during one of my leisure readings in other to refute the 200naira claim. After about 20mins of intensive arguement and my anger finally pacified by people around, i was able to beat down the price to 100naira.

The DPO later called me to his office and gave me few words of consolation. He told me how brave i was to have faced the robbers. He showered me with lot of accolades when deep down my mind, i knew my friends musnt hear what transpired between the robbers and i because i remembered i had one time boasted to them how impregnable i was to the skims and intimidations of armed robbers due to my Marxist background. I took his praises with a pinch of salt and was about leaving his office when he called me back.

DPO: Mr man! do you expect me to use my money to forward your statement to Asaba. Dont you know that i have to send an alert to the commisioner of Police so that we can receive his orders to commence investigation?
My bottled up rage was about to explode. I maintained composure and decorum. I asked, with a gentle fury
ME: How much are we talking about here sir!
DPO: You shouldnt be asking me such. Use your discretion mr man!. How much fuel go carry me go and come from here to Asaba. I go still buy food for road chop because you dey send me message. Everything go enter 2000 naira but because na case of robbery, i go collect only 1500naira from you

With a shrink face, i told him to drop the statement at asaba anytime he went there and that i wasnt ready to part with any of my money again. He ordered me to get out of his office, hitting his table with anger....

Exactly that same time the upper week of the robbery incidents, we were told by a passerby that robbers were raiding a company close to ours. Before anybody could say "jack Robbinson", i was lyin down on the comfort of my bed drinking cold five alive and thanking God for my Life.
Re: Police And Thief : Identifying The Real Criminals by redsun(m): 3:57am On Mar 05, 2013
Delta state police command is a den of robbers and kidnappers,headed by the police commissioner himself,ikechukwu aduba. That the dpo needsmoney to get him going is an obvious truth.

All is does is collect monies from criminals and bend justice.

1 Like

Re: Police And Thief : Identifying The Real Criminals by GUNZnROSES(m): 8:43am On Mar 05, 2013
redsun: Delta state police command is a den of robbers and kidnappers,headed by the police commissioner himself,ikechukwu aduba. That the dpo needsmoney to get him going is an obvious truth.

All is does is collect monies from criminals and bend justice.

It was a very harrowing experience and it further begs the question of how serious we are to create an enabling environment for investors in the country especially the Niger delta region. Kidnappers are on the loose, Robbers are having their hay day. Police and thieves are suppose to be like traffic and weather but in Nigeria, they are bed fellows. The only difference between them is the uniform. They have the same face, the same motive. God help us in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Robbers Attack Murtala Mohammed Airport, Shoot Policemen And Cart / Stop Meddling In Internal Affairs, Minister To U.S Spokesperson / Oshiomhole @ 60 Birthday Symposium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.