Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,036 members, 7,970,199 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:13 PM

The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? (2407 Views)

Hilarious Photo All The Way From The City Of Warri / FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha / Tell Us About The City Where You Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by Busta(f): 8:25pm On May 05, 2006
Toronto - Multi cultured and one of the most diversed city in the world, not to mention the CARIBANA FESTIVALS!!!!

what makes your city stand out?

Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by Eastcoast(f): 8:34pm On May 05, 2006
@busta, most cities are multi cultural.
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by Hotstepper(f): 11:38pm On May 05, 2006
es most cities are multi-cultrual but canada is the most diversed country in the world making toronto the most diversed city in the world, it is written, i live in toronto AKA TDOT so i know, i love canada, ma home and native land cry
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by nuru(m): 6:57pm On May 06, 2006
What of vancouver, any info on why d cty is reputable
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by Idekeson(m): 2:19pm On May 07, 2006
Hotstepper:

most cities are multi-cultural but Canada is the most diversed country in the world making toronto the most diversed city in the world, it is written, i live in toronto AKA TDOT so i know, i love canada, ma home and native land cry

Are you serious? Toronto is a mini-New York city, in terms of diversity and anything else.
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by Hotstepper(f): 5:46pm On May 07, 2006
toronto is not a mini new york city, toronto is more diversed than anyother city in the world but in anyother thing, toronto is a mixture of new york and london england
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by eveseh(f): 5:06pm On May 08, 2006
they are nice
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by toshmann(m): 9:39am On May 18, 2006
Hotstepper:

es most cities are multi-cultrual but canada is the most diversed country in the world making toronto the most diversed city in the world, it is written, i live in toronto AKA TDOT so i know, i love canada, ma home and native land cry

i disagree, to be objective, the US is the most diverse nation in the world being indeed a nation of immigrants and also being the most powerful nation on earth for decades. however, the most diverse city in the world if london. London remains the melting pot of the world. there is hardly any family on earth that is not represented in london. when you are in london, just speak ur language(whatever it may be) for 10mins, someone somewhere will reply u

in any case, i live in cardiff. it is the capital of wales. quickly becoming multicultural(white/black=80/20).but it is a quiet friendly coastal city. an educational city with 2 major universities including the great cardiff uni(where i am). traffic is free, crime is low, the welsh are friendly. i wouldn't have wanted any other british city.(calabar in nigeria is towing the line of cardiff)
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by OldGlory1(m): 12:45pm On May 18, 2006
Toshmann

You are ABSOLUTELY wrong. Toronto is the most diverse CITY, in the world. Nation is different from city. I am sure you have not been to toronto, that is why you would call London diverse. London doesn't have people from South America that much, you need to go to Toronto. I have been to both of them and she is right, Toronto is more diverse than London and New York Combined. Please do not argue, it is a fact.
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by Hotstepper(f): 2:31pm On May 18, 2006
OLD GLORY, thank u so much, dawg, lemme tell u, CANADA herself is the most diversed nation in da world and Toronto da most diversed city, ask around and google it, it is not debateable
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by Hotstepper(f): 2:36pm On May 18, 2006
visit
http://www.afghan-network.net/Toronto/

Canada gat amazing things dat ppl don't know they r blinded by america and uk, ask and study things well b4 saying cry
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by OldGlory1(m): 2:47pm On May 18, 2006
Hotstepper

My cousin goes to U of T, and i go see him up there. But what does TDOT under ur name Mean?
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by Hotstepper(f): 3:02pm On May 18, 2006
TDOT meand TORONTO, watz ur cuzzin's name?
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by OldGlory1(m): 5:58pm On May 18, 2006
Wow it is a small world u know! can i email you his name?
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by toshmann(m): 7:38pm On May 18, 2006
@hotstepper and old glory,

well, i must conceed to the facts from the website hotstepper gave. i have my reservations though but i don't have the facts to argue against the documented evidence from ur website.
BTW, from the pictures in the website, toronto is extremely beautiful. i wish i may have to visit the city someday,before i die, if they let me.
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by OldGlory1(m): 7:45pm On May 18, 2006
Toshmann

If they let u? Canada has extremely Liberal Laws when it comes to Immigration. Apply for a Visa to Visit Niagara falls and they will give you. It is easy and the city is pretty and Huge. You have to see a Hockey game at the Rogers Center and Visit the world's tallest structure in Downtown Toronto. But it is a beautiful and very diverse city. They are welcoming to visitors, but i must warn you that their taxes are high. Oh what i am saying, you will be coming from the UK where prices are out of this world. Good Luck!
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by toshmann(m): 7:53pm On May 18, 2006
@old glory,
i was about to remind u of UK taxes, haha. i have a flat mate who did his undergraduate studies in ottawa. he talks a lot about canada. but he also tells me about racism. how do u assess racism in canada(may be hotstepper will answer this better) i guess i may visit the place when i'm thru with my studies here(U.K)
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by Hotstepper(f): 12:41am On May 19, 2006
there is lil of racism in Canada but can hardly see and wat really happened 2 ur friend dat makes him think here is racist.compare 2 other countries, canada is good. well, here is worth visiting with diff. things 2 do. Canada is very liberal as Old Glory said and their immigration policy is very good. even now, international students can work outside campus now, am loving this country.

Old Glory, did u go 2 ACC( AIR CANADA CENTER), have u been 2 CARIBANA? ofcourse our Niagara Falls, CN TOWER etc, Canada is extremely clean and cities look alike,

Yea, u can e-mail me ur cuzzin's name
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by lauryn(f): 12:44am On May 19, 2006
well, i live in toronto, and it sure is diverse wink
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by vickybabe(f): 2:15am On May 19, 2006
this is what makes my state stand out from other states

Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by toshmann(m): 12:15pm On May 19, 2006
vickybabe which city is this.
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by vickybabe(f): 4:04pm On May 19, 2006
@ toshman
phoenix, az
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by toshmann(m): 6:14pm On May 19, 2006
thanx vicky.

@hotstepper,

why do u always cry in most of ur postings? wtz hurting u babygirl? or is there something fashionable about tears that i don't know?
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by OldGlory1(m): 6:19pm On May 19, 2006
VickyBabe

How do u survive the Heat in Phoenix?
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by toshmann(m): 6:21pm On May 19, 2006
can pheonix heat be hotter than naija heat(plus hardship).
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by OldGlory1(m): 7:45pm On May 19, 2006
@Toshmann

Heat maybe. Hardship Hell no. I hear Everybody in Phoenix has a pool. But there is also rattle snakes and scorpions. But i have never been there, but I Love their basketball team badly. The play the fun and gun style Basketball. Anyway the Phoenix Metro area is one of the fastest growing in the country, i guess people like the feel of a Sauna.
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by Hotstepper(f): 9:09pm On May 19, 2006
@toshmann, i don't cry oooo, da trust is dat i don't pay attention 2 diz emotions so i put wuteva tongue
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by debosky(m): 10:41pm On May 19, 2006
Toronto is multi-cultural and all, but no Canadian city is as beautiful as Vancouver, you have it all - city bright lights, warm climate ( temperature rarely falls below 0), and of course the views- mountains, skyscrapers and the sea around you. Its been consistently voted one of the best cities to live in worldwide. Its very multicultural too, with very large asian and latino communities.

Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by OldGlory1(m): 10:50pm On May 19, 2006
@Debosky

I second that, Vancouver is beautiful. You all lost your basketball team to Memphis. Is it a Hockey only city?
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by Hotstepper(f): 11:53pm On May 19, 2006
i just love my Canadian cities, they r soo beautiful and neat, loving Canada u'all

http://www.pirateplanet.com/Toronto_Niagra.html
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by vickybabe(f): 3:44am On May 21, 2006
@ toshman,
heck yeah everyone has a pool in there backyard, or do you want to dieĀ  smiley jus kiddin every year some elderly people actually do die because their body can't sustain the heat. but i keep tellin the peps hear that naija is not as hot as phoenix, but their ignorant Ass won't believe it. what most people do is is you live in AZ all year round, they try to get away 4 vacation, but people from east coast come down here 4 summer.

people actually walk around the street naked during summer or sometimes in their bathing suits

yeah

picture that

toatally HOTT
Re: The City U Are Based, And What Makes It Stand Out? by camara(f): 4:12pm On May 23, 2006
benin city the art work there makes it stand out

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Austrian Passport. / Pictures Of Largest Cruise Ship Ever / Urgent U.k Student Visa Advice,justwise,vjustic And Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.