Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:46 PM

In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. (1591 Views)

Newsflash!! Forget Bigbang, Forget Creationism, The Universe Had No Begining. / Is It Scriptural To Celebrate End Of The Year And The Begining Of A New Year / If You Were In Satans Place In The Begining,what Would You Have Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by Nobody: 1:56am On Mar 06, 2013
This happens to be the beginning of the Bible, and the most important paragraph in the Bible, it seems to explain the evolution of existence, so brilliantly but I think most certainly we have lost the definition of the word. What is this word ? "In the being was the word, and the word was with God, and the Word was God. So was it in the beginning with God, all things were made by him (it), and without him (it) was nothing made, that was made.

Simple Analogy: Word was with God, Word is God, Everything is made from Word, Nothing exist that doesnt come from Word. Let's define energy, Energy can never be created, nor destroyed, can be converted from one form to another, Energy is all in existence and is embodiment of all that there is. If Word was God, it does mean Energy is .........all that there is. Then logical thinkers will say, energy isnt conscious, but living things are.....but I will say, find the missing link, the moment we discover that, we will create new planets. Let's I forget, a new planet was formed by dark energy last week. I also conducted an experiment in my bathroom 2 days ago that prove that what we call black holes are actually the precursor of the revolutionary force that revolves the planet aside the gravitational magnetism. The entire Galaxy is in a pipelike tunnel and what we call space isnt vacuum, space is particulate. The more I know, the more I discover how little we know as humans.
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by ghostofsparta(m): 2:46am On Mar 06, 2013
Billyonaire: This happens to be the beginning of the Bible, and the most important paragraph in the Bible, it seems to explain the evolution of existence, so brilliantly but I think most certainly we have lost the definition of the word. What is this word ? "In the being was the word, and the word was with God, and the Word was God. So was it in the beginning with God, all things were made by him (it), and without him (it) was nothing made, that was made.

The bolded is enough to confuse God himself if he reads such from whoever drunk author wrote it. I tell you there's is no God but the Irunmoles as manifested by energies still provable today.

billyonaire:
Simple Analogy: Word was with God, Word is God, Everything is made from Word, Nothing exist that doesnt come from Word. Let's define energy, Energy can never be created, nor destroyed, can be converted from one form to another, Energy is all in existence and is embodiment of all that there is. If Word was God, it does mean Energy is .........all that there is. Then logical thinkers will say, energy isnt conscious, but living things are.....but I will say, find the missing link, the moment we discover that, we will create new planets. Let's I forget, a new planet was formed by dark energy last week. I also conducted an experiment in my bathroom 2 days ago that prove that what we call black holes are actually the precursor of the revolutionary force that revolves the planet aside the gravitational magnetism. The entire Galaxy is in a pipelike tunnel and what we call space isnt vacuum, space is particulate. The more I know, the more I discover how little we know as humans.

Even theologians knee the Bible was complex, but in order for their job to be relevant they somehow had to make sense of it which today becomes more complex. Just drop it and stop trying to make it more complicated by compatibilizing it with science.
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 06, 2013
Stop sounding so perfected in knowledge of existentialism. Try metaphysics for a change. There is almost room for more exposition.
ghostofsparta:

The bolded is enough to confuse God himself after reading such from whoever drunk author wrote it. I tell you there's is no God but Irunmoles as manifested by energies still provable today.

Even theologians knee the Bible was complex, but in order for their job to be relevant they somehow had to make sense of it which today becomes more complex. Just drop it and stop trying to make it more complicated by compatibilizing with science.
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by ghostofsparta(m): 8:29am On Mar 06, 2013
Billyonaire: Stop sounding so perfected in knowledge of existentialism. Try metaphysics for a change. There is almost room for more exposition.

I'm not sounding perfect. Merely just pointing out that there are a lot of worthless stuff one shouldn't bother musing over. What do you understand as metaphysics? Perhaps, pick an interest in your own native African deities.
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by megachuks(m): 10:14am On Mar 06, 2013
Well if I may come in, the word is Jesus Christ, an interpreter or spokesman to God Almighty. Colosians 1:15-20 ephisians 3:9
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by SELFWORTH: 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
Humans are just part of the things God created.

The problem is we know very little as humans ( by the way everything we know comes from God) but we think we know it all more than God.

Therein lies our problem in the world and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by Kslib(m): 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
following
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by Alfamann: 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
Billyonaire: I also conducted an experiment in my bathroom 2 days ago that prove that what we call black holes are actually the precursor of the revolutionary force that revolves the planet aside the gravitational magnetism.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by mkmyers45(m): 10:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
Billyonaire: This happens to be the beginning of the Bible, and the most important paragraph in the Bible, it seems to explain the evolution of existence, so brilliantly but I think most certainly we have lost the definition of the word. What is this word ? "In the being was the word, and the word was with God, and the Word was God. So was it in the beginning with God, all things were made by him (it), and without him (it) was nothing made, that was made.

Hmm..Energy of course is all there is but man drop the bathroom joke and no planet was formed last week
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 07, 2013
mkmyers45:

Hmm..Energy of course is all there is but man drop the bathroom joke and no planet was formed last week
You dont follow the scientific journals then, no day passes without me communicating with leading scientists in Astrology and Advance physics, so yes, a new planet is undergoing formation as I type this, it began about a week ago.
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 07, 2013
ghostofsparta:

I'm not sounding perfect. Merely just pointing out that there are a lot of worthless stuff one shouldn't bother musing over. What do you understand as metaphysics? Perhaps, pick an interest in your own native African deities.
Couldnt I just ignored you ?
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by benodic: 11:49am On Mar 07, 2013
The word is the Holy Spirit, which we know as the ECK, the logos. it is the Creative essence of God and manifests as The Light and Sound.
the combination of the Light and Sound gave birth to the all creations and existence. souls are simply individualized units of this light and sound. within the Holy Spirit lies the essence of God.
man is gradually being spiritually evolved to become totally in tune with the Holy Spirit as only this atunement and oneness with the Holy Spirit can lead soul to all truth and nothing else.
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 07, 2013
benodic:
The word is the Holy Spirit, which we know as the ECK, the logos. it is the Creative essence of God and manifests as The Light and Sound.
the combination of the Light and Sound gave birth to the all creations and existence. souls are simply individualized units of this light and sound. within the Holy Spirit lies the essence of God.
man is gradually being spiritually evolved to become totally in tune with the Holy Spirit as only this atunement and oneness with the Holy Spirit can lead soul to all truth and nothing else.
I have been a friend of Eckankar for years, and I have personal encounter with the Mahanta, the Living Eck Master, I have also had physical and psychic encounters with Yaubl Saccabi, Rebazar Tarzs and other Eck Masters from the Order of the Vairigi,and I have gone a little further. Light and Sound are forms of Energy, cos when I said energy, I actually meant more than just light and sound, energy has many more forms. God is Energy, whatever form it takes. Thanks for understanding.
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by Goshen360(m): 1:28am On Mar 08, 2013
I dey watch una from sideline o. shocked I'm still jogging and warming up o. When referee and lineman agree, I will enter to start playing match....but still jogging\warming up. grin
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 08, 2013
Op, do you adhere to any religion or group?
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by ghazzal: 9:53am On Mar 08, 2013
lol....... "IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD..." please WHAT WAS THE WORD THAT WAS WITH GOD IN THE BEGINNING
tell us the exact word that was with God as written in Genesis
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by benodic: 9:20am On Mar 09, 2013
@ ghazzal

lol....... "IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD..." please WHAT WAS THE WORD THAT WAS WITH GOD IN THE BEGINNING
tell us the exact word that was with God as written in Genesis

the word that was with God in the beginning is the Holy Spirit. The Creative Essence of God. with the Word, the Holy Spirit which we know as the ECK, God created all life. in that Holy Spirit, the ECK, we live, move and have our being.
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by PastorKun(m): 10:26am On Mar 09, 2013
benodic:
@ ghazzal

the word that was with God in the beginning is the Holy Spirit. The Creative Essence of God. with the Word, the Holy Spirit which we know as the ECK, God created all life. in that Holy Spirit, the ECK, we live, move and have our being.

My bible tells me that Jesus is the word of God and not the holy spirit. Two separate distinct beings.
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by benodic: 11:23am On Mar 09, 2013
@ pastor Kun

Jesus was the word made flesh at that point in time. not the word itself. this is where the problem lies with christian doctrines. there is too much fixation on the carrier or channel of the word and no understanding at all about what the word, the Holy Spirit really is.

The disciples of Jesus made the same mistake as they were too fixated on the personality of Jesus and could not understand the force in Him which he was always pointing them to. that was why he told them that the comforter will come which is the Holy Spirit and that the Holy spirit will lead them to all truth.

just as he predicted the Holy Spirit did come as the Disciples experienced it during the pentecost as tongues of fire and a sound of rushing wind which is the 2 aspects of the Holy Spirit, the light and the sound. it was this experience that transformed them from fearful people to people who became confident to preach the gospel.

Just as Jesus was able to grow into full maturity in time to become a vehicle for the Holy Spirit so can we too. so in essence you and i too are the potential word waiting to be made manifest for the expression of God's love and truth into the world as clear channels for the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by PastorKun(m): 12:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
@Benodic
Thanx for the clarification but I think we have fundermental differences as per the personality of Jesus a debate if started here could derail this thread. Thanx all the same.
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by benodic: 7:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
@ Pastor Kun

@Benodic
Thanx for the clarification but I think we have fundermental differences as per the personality of Jesus a debate if started here could derail this thread. Thanx all the same.

funny enough i am not one for debates so if you started one you will find me absent. i am more of an inner researcher which is the same time i encourage others to become because truth is never gotten through intellectual gymnastics or erudite expositions talk less of debates.
why don't you just try this little exercise. pray the way that is comfortable for you and before you sleep make a silent request to Jesus Christ who is your Master that you will like to have more insight concerning his personality and his relationship with Holy Spirit. then watch your dreams. truth has a quiet way of slipping into our consciousness when you least expect it.
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by benodic: 7:37pm On Mar 09, 2013
@ Pastor Kun

@Benodic

funny enough i am not one for debates so if you started one you will find me absent. i am more of an inner researcher which is the same thing i encourage in others to become because truth is never gotten through intellectual gymnastics or erudite expositions talk less of debates.
why don't you just try this little exercise. pray the way that is comfortable for you and before you sleep make a silent request to Jesus Christ who is your Master that you will like to have more insight concerning his personality and his relationship with the Holy Spirit. then watch your dreams. truth has a quiet way of slipping into our consciousness when you least expect it.
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by ooman(m): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2013
Billyonaire: Then logical thinkers will say, energy isnt conscious, but living things are

only specific network of cells brings consciousness. Any disruption of this network result into a lack of consciousness.

Besides not everything in nature are conscious. consciousness is biological and its not eternal.
There are no conscious 'spirits' anywhere. Its just materials, just us and everything we see.
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by Jsmyth(m): 3:59pm On Mar 11, 2013
Dear nairalanders, the word of God is Jesus Christ and it is him that created the heavens and the earth and everything thereof, these he did under the direction of God.
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by greatgenius: 8:16pm On Mar 11, 2013

the verse basically says what it says. its just unfortunate that religionist have bastardized the meaning to refer to the word as only Jesus..

The verse is really talking about the process of creation..The universe is mental and everything that God the father created was done through the word or the son...nothing is/was ever created without the begotten son, the word..God the father is thought and God the son, the word.. They are both equal..everything that has ever been created first exists as a thought or an idea. then it is expressed. the word is thought expressed..the manifestation of the word is what you call action.. actions are words moving.. the father, the son and the holy spirit.. thought, word,action/manifestation. this is the holy trinity..

before you create anything it first originates as an idea/thought and then gets expressed...nothing just appears or comes into being without this creation process..thoughts/words are very creative.." as a man thinketh so it shall be"

In the beginning it is said that God spoke everything into existence.."let there be this, let there be that"..and it was so and manifested..nothing is ever created without thinking it or speaking it into existence.. everything is an expression of God.. we are all words or expressions of God..not just Jesus.. have i not said that ye are all gods..

As expressions of God anything that we have ever created follows this process of creation..your thoughts or God the father thinks it,the son is expressed and then manifested into existence as a creation.
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
SELFWORTH: Humans are just part of the things God created.

The problem is we know very little as humans ( by the way everything we know comes from God) but we think we know it all more than God.

Therein lies our problem in the world and Nigeria.
you are dead wrong, and the person who like your post must be a learner. But I have to say this: human being created society into what it is now. God disnt create industries and mechanical agriculture etc. He gave us ourselves to rule ourselves, washing his hands away from human affairs, knowing that one day, we are all gona die and answer to him how we did things here on earth. E.g, the person or people who created religion will be asked how he or they confused people a lot. And those who believed in religion will ask how they didn't use their sense to decipher that religion was pure scam and man made? The problem is we know many as humans and yet the more we know, the less we see. From your bible, in Genesis God said "Men has become like Us" meaning, human being is all knowing and all merciful. God call us Gods. Which is evident in human earthly exploits and technological breakthroughs
Re: In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. by Image123(m): 12:33am On Mar 12, 2013
hehehe, the beginning of the Bible ko.

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Myles Munroe And Wife Die In Plane Crash / A Friend Give Me Koran As Valentine Gift Today. / Can A Christian Take Holy Communion While Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.