Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,202 members, 7,913,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 06:26 AM

Was Nani's Red Card Justified? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Was Nani's Red Card Justified? (30723 Views)

Diego Lopez Punch On Vidic's Face Worse Than Nani's Collussion With Arbeloa / Sir Alex Ferguson Blames Nani For MANU Defeat To Chelsea / Messi Red Card: Should Messi Have Gotten A Red Card In The Barca V Chelsea Game? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by lordcastro: 3:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
because the victor is now the victim ,we no go hear word again,when torres was issued a red instead of awarding a penalty,the press let it be,now whatever that goes around comes around,i dont feel pity for man u,the lost shamefully.....................................mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ferguson like petitions , walahi even if no red card Manu go come with anoda excuses, always putting blames on someone else.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by BashMe1(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
IYA NGBALI: God bless you my brother

DAFT
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by TableLeg(m): 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
IYA NGBALI: God bless you my brother
You are just bitter .... Still in mourning hey?
Get over it!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by timbros(m): 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
Those against ref's judgement (especially Man Utd fans) check this scenario:

Watch that video again, this time in your mind's eye, replace Nani with Balotelli and replace Arbeloa with Raphael...

Now, is ref wrong in red-carding 'Balotelli'?

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by AVWENAGHA: 3:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
AS E CON TK CONCERN ME NAH
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by harlos: 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
Jerrygotswagg: Let's be truthful here , I am I die hard Man U fan, yes I know that the Red card was worth it, if you to be the Ref and u see some1 jump like jet li and he tries to hit u, so he hit him with a jet li move, JEsus , referee don't you have black card and ban him for life or are you a learner
good one jare but make me laughgrin

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by 36toni: 3:31pm On Mar 06, 2013
I think the referee has actually made the right call. Everyone's upset about it and it's slightly unlucky, but it's dangerous play. Whether he meant it or not is irrelevant.

'It's dangerous play - it's a red card.

'You have to be aware of other players on the pitch. Does he think he's going to have 20 yards to himself?

'Whether it's (a brave decision) or not, it's the right decision. Whether he meant it or not doesn't matter.

'Nani's a quick boy to go down anyway. He's not the bravest player on the planet.'

Keane insisted the referee had carefully considered his decision.

'It doesn't matter if he knows there's somebody there or not, it's irrelevant. I don't think the referee actually made the decision because he waited a couple of minutes while the player was getting treatment.

I think it might have been the assistant that made the decision, and I actually think he's made the right call.

'We always say referees are very quick to make decisions - he waited a couple of minutes.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by harlos: 3:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
So now united are complaining cos it turns against them abi, av they forgotten chelsea vs man u when torres was given a red card for an unjustified foul, or against man city when a thier player made a hard tackle against a united player and was given a straight red without any contact.

U better accept ur faith or u think u can win baba ijebu everyday.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Samelfisha(m): 3:36pm On Mar 06, 2013
Table Leg :
You cant go kicking about ... He kicked Arbeloa in the sternum and that is out of order ... So, yes, deserved what he got!
mumu
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by fredie107(m): 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
pro01: Na (red) devil go punish Nani and Man U in general. Dem think say ojoro na their birthright. Was Torres' red card in Chelsea vs Man U (at Stamford Bridge) justified? Not every referee belongs to the 'PDP'. Serves them right.

Right! talking about justification, He deserves another based on Torres' red card against man u. bros u de see well well
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by jude33084(m): 3:45pm On Mar 06, 2013
Beaf!:
Damn!
- Nani DOESN'T know that the guy was coming because ALL his attention was on the BALL. If the Ref had just issued the red card immediately I would have said it was a reflex (which ofcourse he will regret later). That guy waited for atleast 70secs before issuing the red. Nobody in that match expected a red card at that moment beside the refree. You could even see the surprise on the faces of RealMad players. May be yellow but definitely NOT a red. That Ref is a biatch!

I hope you slept well wink
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by uzo4real(m): 3:45pm On Mar 06, 2013
Seems its urself u r cursing. You can curse a football club let alone Nani who is capable to see you through your full life time.
pro01: Na (red) devil go punish Nani and Man U in general. Dem think say ojoro na their birthright. Was Torres' red card in Chelsea vs Man U (at Stamford Bridge) justified? Not every referee belongs to the 'PDP'. Serves them right.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by ktravel(m): 3:45pm On Mar 06, 2013
sentiments
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Austindark(m): 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2013
card or no card dey shud ve defended dier goal. u cant blame d referee for wat he tinks is right. poor coaching i tink.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by jude33084(m): 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2013
Samelfisha: mumu

I hope you nor set blow sleep last night tongue
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by TableLeg(m): 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
Samelfisha: mumu
Your father, mother and your entire generation .... are fu...cking retar..ds
Bastard!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by 1025: 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
elampiro: The topic should have been titled 'anti Man United fan celebrating Nani's controversial red card'.

With 11 vs 11 United should have gone through. A lot of people, including the referee were surprised about the good performance United put up. The only way was to frustrate them and prevent then from going all the way. Any one able to beat Madrid with the form they in now is capable of winning the cup. Kudos to EUFA, why didn't they get a referee from Germany or Italy?

only this season, you have won, chelsea when they were 9 men with an offside goal. liverpool with offside goal. arsenal with one man down, man city with one man down. tell me how many teams u have won without controversy and why is this one an issue.
are u aware that ur fa has selected your ref(howard webb) for sunday game vs chelsea?
abeg, learn to keep calm in times like this. u could not score a single goal in ur own ground and u wanted to win on an own goal.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Dankarara(m): 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ebue of arsenal did similar tin in 2008 against man u and was red carded. So make una no complain o. Na chelsea i pity pass because na webb go blow dere F.A cup quater final match against man u on sunday @ old trafford
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by lafuria1(m): 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2013
when toress got sent off, fergi said toress dived and should have stood up, man u fans defended the decision. kompany got a red card against man u in an FA cup match last season, he won the ball completely, no injury to nani, nani was still standing trying to win the ball back, suddenlt the ref gave kompany a red card. kompany went for d ball, won the ball but accused of dangerous play, and off he went.was nani play dangerous or not?
even after d red card, madrid derseved a penalty for rafeal handball. the truth is if man u had won, we wont be here talking about nani's red card. inter milan dont talk motta's red card because they still won.

a bitter lesson to fergie. always admit a ref decision favoured your team rather than defend it. at least dont say anything.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by BashMe1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
Dankarara: Ebue of arsenal did similar tin in 2008 against man u and was red carded. So make una no complain o. Na chelsea i pity pass because na webb go blow dere F.A cup quater final match against man u on sunday @ old trafford

God Bless u. Me i tayad here o. d kind ojoro wey i go face ehn onto Webb matter against ManUTD na die. Cos d Ref go nearly go naked blow dat Sat sef
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by hotwax: 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2013
What A̶̲̥̅​ sweet revenge. God of justice is still alive.
Clattenburg will be angry now.
Lol. Dancing alingo...
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH5t58FCs3k

same situation and fergie said it was justified
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by BodyKiss(m): 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
informatix: as a manu fan for decades i can attest to you. Nani saw abeloah and Nani deserves Yellow card NOT red Card.

You sound very stvpid saying nani saw Abeloah.

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by BodyKiss(m): 4:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
Table Leg :

Your father, mother and your entire generation .... are fu...cking retar..ds
Bastard!

hahahaha, this really got you. hahaha, no be small Mumu you be self.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 4:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
1025:

only this season, you have won, chelsea when they were 9 men with an offside goal. liverpool with offside goal. arsenal with one man down, man city with one man down. tell me how many teams u have won without controversy and why is this one an issue.
are u aware that ur fa has selected your ref(howard webb) for sunday game vs chelsea?
abeg, learn to keep calm in times like this. u could not score a single goal in ur own ground and u wanted to win on an own goal.

Manchester City 2 Manchester United 3. There was no red card. Go and cross check your records.

Manchester United is the most hated club because they are a definition of success. So much rivalry from Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and now City. You guys should keep hating while United soar.

United get victimised by referees more than any other team, but because of their strong performance on the field of play, they always come out triumph. People only wait to see if there could be errors in favour of United to use it as an excuse for their lazy teams. When referees victimized United no body talks about it because United must bounce back.

United please go and finish up the 20th EPL title.

2 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by dopeJemi: 4:15pm On Mar 06, 2013
timbros: Those against ref's judgement (especially Man Utd fans) check this scenario:

Watch that video again, this time in your mind's eye, replace Nani with Balotelli and replace Arbeloa with Raphael...

Now, is ref wrong in red-carding 'Balotelli'?

Kay! Watch d cheLsea vs man utd game again.. Replace luiz with nani and replace arbeloa with cleverLy, which was a more deadLy tackLe and wud u av supported d ref if he had given luiz a red card, let's be sincere
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 06, 2013
Lowkeys: Yes it is justified! Nani himself knows his intention.
we cannot blame referee.God is only perfect judge.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Ogegod87: 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2013
blesszzy: IT SHOULD NOT HAVE RED CARD...NANI WAS JUST LOOKING AT THE BALL IN THE AIR NOT KNOWING SOMEONE WAS COMING FORM THE BACK....IT WAS NOT INTENTIONAL, HE WAS TRYING TO CONTROL THE BALL ...THAT REF GOT IT WRONG...YELLOW CARD ATLEAST

And a red card at most?
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by perragy(m): 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
Piponomics: People talk rubbish all in the name of sentiment. So we are now judging dangerous play by intent?
Which player will agree to not going for the ball after a red card? Some of you swallow the English media hook line and sinker. If the whole thing was the other way round i'm sure Fergie and the rest of you would be applauding the referee. If Hazard, had done that and got sent off, headlines will be 'Shameless Hazard attempts to kill Arbeloa, Cost team Quarterfinal slot'. Nonsense.
The red was well and truly deserved!
Let's say it wasn't even deserved, that cheating lot had it coming. This season alone, I can remember Wilshere,Shelvey,Torres,Ivanovic being sent off questionably. Also, in 08/09 Evans kicked Drogba in the chest and instead of getting booked? Drogba got booked!!
Bottom line, all of you should get on with it. Mourinho outclassed the red nose whinger.. Get over it!!
1-0 up and just one man down and you blew it. Chelsea with 1 man down, 2 goals down, Bosingwa and Ivanovic as Centrebacks,Ramires as a rightback still came back to draw 2-2. Yet they said it was luck.
*Still dancing Azonto*

My guy you deserve a cold bottle of beer! you are on point... Any crying Man Utd fan should go hug egbin power station grin
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Tonae: 4:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
Man U always suck when they lose. The rules of the game are there for application and the ref did just that. No blames for him.

They laugh and rejoice when they are favored unjustly by refs against other teams but suck and become hostile when same pill is forced down their throat. Reason I hate Man U. They are always bitter losers.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by perragy(m): 4:34pm On Mar 06, 2013
lord castro: because the victor is now the victim ,we no go hear word again,when torres was issued a red instead of awarding a penalty,the press let it be,now whatever that goes around comes around,i dont feel pity for man u,the lost shamefully.....................................mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

God bless you.. let them come after chelsea this wkend... The have sheduled howard webb to officiate man utd vs chelsea match already to avenge madrid's defeat..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Bournemouth Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 20th August 2022 / Fulham Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 20th January 2021 / Euro 2012: England Vs Ukraine (1 - 0) - Group D Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.