Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,288 members, 7,934,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 08:06 PM

Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? (2639 Views)

He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy / As A Man Can You Carry Your Wife Pregnancy In Your Stomach? / What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? by gandkiss: 8:52am On Mar 06, 2013
my wife's scan expected delivery date says march 2nd and it has come and gone yet she has not put to bed,family members has been calling saying the baby is been long overdue for delivery,my wife is scared about this whole drama.
please i need help on hw to handle this,advice is highly needed here.
Re: Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? by agiboma(f): 8:58am On Mar 06, 2013
well according to her scan she is overdue but its ok to be up to 2 weeks over due. So she can go to the DR and see what the course of action is too get baby out.
Re: Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? by afrobaby(f): 9:05am On Mar 06, 2013
She is due for delivery, but not overdue, she still has 2 more weeks, the baby is "packing" his/her stuff and taking his/her time, lolz, but there is no harm in seeing a doctor
Re: Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? by ifeegee(f): 9:10am On Mar 06, 2013
My brother this is not peculiar to your family alone,it happens all the time. Moreover,her EDD is on the 2nd and today is just the sixth..Instead of worries why not go see the doctor again,rmber this agitation is not healthy for ur pregnant wife....If it will make you feel any better,my babies always come a wk or 2 after my EDD.
Re: Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? by gandkiss: 9:11am On Mar 06, 2013
thanks guys,the doctor said if by the 10th of this mnth the baby those not come of its own he will have to induce the baby.
Re: Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 06, 2013
gandkiss: my wife's scan expected delivery date says march 2nd and it has come and gone yet she has not put to bed,family members has been calling saying the baby is been long overdue for delivery,my wife is scared about this whole drama.
please i need help on hw to handle this,advice is highly needed here.
Anxious daddy grin cool down
In my own case, EDD was 15th of Jan, 22nd no show, 29th nothing.
The doctor was even confused, i was asked 2 come in on 2nd of Feb 4 so as to be induced.
As God wuld have it, i fell into labour on d 31st and put to bed on the 1st.
So imagine d anxiety.
Dnt worry ur baby is trying to collect everythg from baba God be4 she comes to this world cheesy
Re: Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? by donbuchi1(m): 1:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
+ OR - 2 WEEKS. Fear Not!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? by moyin1(f): 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2013
It is well Daddy.My Baby came 10days after EDD. Scan date is different from Doctor's Date and its GOD date that matters most.My baby has a unique birthday 10-11-12.its the extra/bonus i got for the 'Delay" wink
Just commit Mother & Baby (Babies) into GOD'S hands. smiley
Re: Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? by aadetoyin(f): 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
Pls try to calm ur wife down. Doctors can tell u an EDD but its not usually 100% correct. Its normally close but not exact. Some women are usually 2 wks earlier or 2 wks late.
Pls ensure that Madam is not too anxious. All will be fine. Ur baby is just add finishin touches before coming. grin
Good luck
Re: Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? by DukeNija(m): 3:34pm On Mar 06, 2013
WoW! Nice comments from awa Women cheesy
Re: Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
Haven't you followed your wife to antenatal?
They would have explained to you that EDD is an estimate from the dates your wife tells them she saw her last period, they can't specifically say this is the day she got pregnant so they give an estimate of EDD from her last period.
2 weeks before or after.
Men should get more involved, try to go to at least 3 ante natal visits, know what is recommended for her don't wait till there is an issue before you know her Doctor or on delivery day
Also be careful with family members, most of them will link it to something spiritual and direct her to taaake olive oil which ar this stage is not healthy.

I wish Madam Safe delivery, congrats in advance Daddy

1 Like

Re: Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? by biolabee(m): 6:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
dear OP,

It is well , she will deliver safely

I can only speak From my own experience and of those i know

Firstly this is a first pregnancy so it tends to delay slightly
Baby loves its environment too much. Introduce a little stress by letting madam take some walks around the area or compund.
30 mins to an hour shd be about right

Keep the doctor on call.
The water can break anytime but that does not mean she has entered active labor rightaway
Most importantly, be prayerful and cheer madam up

Babies can sense despair

(1) (Reply)

If Your Wife Is A Perpetual(chronic)liar,what Is The Solution Pls? / Household Items For Sale Due To Relocation- / Cussons Baby Moments 7: Your Baby Stands A Chance To Win 2 Million Naira!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.