Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,245 members, 7,880,914 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:03 AM

Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church (42906 Views)

I Dont Like When The Pastors Tell The Church To Shake Pples Hand / Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? / Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by SODmosthigh: 2:15am On Mar 07, 2013
All silly and concocted story will be given account of on the last day. Be warned PASTOR[color=#990000][/color] angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by delors(m): 2:25am On Mar 07, 2013
OMG! I just cant stop laughing! So many LEARNERS in the house!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Prince0500(m): 3:30am On Mar 07, 2013
Yea,I have had similar stories like dis.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Carlmax(m): 4:43am On Mar 07, 2013
clemmonce: being ignorant does not give you the right to act stupid and be disrespectful. can you talk to your dad like this? i bet you do.

I don't see any disrespect in his comment.. But U rilly need 2 grow up and be civil 'cos u are just being a fanatic

1 Like

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by akunjohn(m): 4:59am On Mar 07, 2013
J-Mystique:
I've noticed nairaland 'atheists' who make it point of duty to troll christian threads jst to remind us about their enlightenment with overused lines like,'am an atheist','God is a fake idea',religion is the opium of the'...i no even sabi sef.I mean being d enlightened ones who have seen the light,why don't u jst allow us wallow in our foolishness.We choose to be mumus 4 our religions y e dey pain u?U hate pastors,hate churches,hate God,and never miss an oportunity to remind us.E don do,ur an atheist clap 4 urself,u try,we don hear,tnx.@ topic please if u don't want to pay tithes jst shut up and kip ur money and stay home,haba.Nobody is pointing gun @ anybody to pay stop taking panadol 4 our headache.Tithes is an xtian obligation,the fact that nigerian fake pastors everywhere have turned it to smtn else won't stop dt fact.

well said, Thanx.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by dammytosh: 4:59am On Mar 07, 2013
[size=14pt]

THERE WE GO !!!

NO MODERATOR WILL WRITE

"TO AVOID BEING BANNED, DO NOT POST ANY OFFENSIVE POST AGAINST ISLAM CHRISTIANITY.[/size]

Can Seun do something about that nonsense on Islamic threads and allow people express themselves freely. If not, that notification should apply to all religions. NO RELIGION HAS EXCLUSIVE MONOPOLY OF VIOLENCE.

@Ops plenty stories that touch. One made me treck from Ojoo in Ibadan to Mokola after emptying my pocket in church. Nobody can try that with me again. angry

2 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Larrylarex(m): 5:07am On Mar 07, 2013
ItsModella: LMFAOO!!! anybody who swallows that pastor's story hook, line and sinker is a complete möron. I mean, how can a pastor even portray armed robbers in some sort of positive light all in the name of tithes? mschew!!

Do they think we are all learners? undecided undecided
No mind dem, they have turned churches to business centre and those stories are marketing stategies to get money from those who believed their BS!
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by ini4brandon(m): 5:21am On Mar 07, 2013
oohrhii..fx:
I'll only say one thing only. "what did Jesus say about tithing" google it. for the sake of those that wish to knw...tithe is mean for the Pharisees and its becos those priest then don't have a job.so u give a percentage of ur farm produce and all. When Jesus came...it was stopped. Why do u think he was hated and killed.? Cos he came to refute all the lies told ant God n church. jESUS encourages giving..not force. Freely u r giving bro..give freely. Just google it n read ur self. You shall knw d truth and the truth shall set u free
TRUE talk, thnx for putting the issue in the right perspective.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by ini4brandon(m): 5:44am On Mar 07, 2013
juman: It was IBB bad governance that pushed the nigerian people into the hands of religious people.
actions reveal the TRUE motives of these MOGs. what do they do with tithe money? my ever generous governor impulsively donated millions in cash at the spot to a neigbourhood church that worshipped in a shanty house . guess the overseer's first phone call? a car dealer for the cost of toyota camry (spider). hmmm
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by JMystique(m): 5:57am On Mar 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
no

sorry we cannot let you wallow in your foolishness. There are Pagans and atheists in Nigeria too and we cannot let your foolishness hold the progress of our Nation back.

Dumb,r pastors now ur political leaders?Or is someones tithes affecting ur pocket?For me this is the no.1 proof that xtianity is the true true religion:the fact that ppl will go out of their way to disprove it,insult pastors,discourage people constantLy whereas there are religions out there preaching violence and killings and stranger things bt ur not concerned.Well am sorry,xtianity grew stronger even @ a time when when being 1 meant death and public disgrace/executions,it definitely won't b affected because someone spends all their time looking 4 ways to insult xtianity onLine.So by aLl means bro,keep up d gud work and diss on

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Burger01(m): 6:01am On Mar 07, 2013
Lol.. The pastor na JJC. He needs to mingle with Pst Xris Oyak and co for coercion training..
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by ziccoit: 6:10am On Mar 07, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
[b]I was visiting a redeem church here in Texas on a thanksgiving day.....it was time to pay tithe. in an effort to get people to pay their tithe, the pastor decided to tell a story of testimony about a group of armed robbery victims....He said a large group was traveling from Lagos to a certain location. While in transit, they encountered a road block and stopped. Then a large group of armed robbers jumped out from the bushes and ran towards the bus shouting and shooting in the air. They then entered the bus and told everybody to get out of the bus and line up beside the bus. According to him, the armed robbers then asked the bus passengers"if you pay your tithe move to the left, if you dont pay tithe stay where you are." He said most people moved to the left but a handful stayed. Then the armed robbers looked at the people that did not moved to the left and told them"you that dont pay your tithe you are robbing God so we are going to rob you, but you that pay your tithe you are free to go." The armed robbers then robbed the none tithe paying group and ran back into the woods without taking anything from the tithe payers....

When i heard the story i was a little perplexed....how can armed robbers who took months in planing and gathering weapons and man power....ambush a bus only to ask them if they pay tithe?
What if everybody would have moved to the left what would have happened? they would just thank them and tell them sorry for the delay and leave?

anyways...has anyone heard the story or similar one before?[/b]

No different between the pastors and politicians. The politicians tell lies to rub the masses while pastors tell lies too to swindle their congregation. That is why they are always comfortable with eachother. God help us from all these liars.

3 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by eghosarita: 6:25am On Mar 07, 2013
lecturerdabo: Yes I ve heard that story and also believe it is possible cos God works in mysterious ways that is why His ways are not our ways.
the story is strange and very unlikely that armed robbers ll loose an opprtunity to rob a person cos d person pays tithes but u see that's one of the mysterious ways God works, he changes the rules for those who do His will. The Bible says the hearts of kings are in His hands He turneth it wherever He wills even of that of the thieves, He turned it to favour His children as He promised He removed the devourer from Himself, we have heard this but there are a million of stories even greater than this He has done which is far stranger than this, so learn if u don't pay ur tithe pls start to pay today and see God at work.

1 Like

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by whiteeyes: 6:31am On Mar 07, 2013
lecturerdabo: Yes I ve heard that story and also believe it is possible cos God works in mysterious ways that is why His ways are not our
ways.

God bless you .
The things of the Faith(as directed in the Bible) might look silly in the eyes of man. Hence, they become a testimony, unfathomable and miraculous.

1 Like

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by eghosarita: 6:43am On Mar 07, 2013
oohrhii..fx:
I'll only say one thing only. "what did Jesus say about tithing" google it. for the sake of those that wish to knw...tithe is mean for the Pharisees and its becos those priest then don't have a job.so u give a percentage of ur farm produce and all. When Jesus came...it was stopped. Why do u think he was hated and killed.? Cos he came to refute all the lies told ant God n church. jESUS encourages giving..not force. Freely u r giving bro..give freely. Just google it n read ur self. You shall knw d truth and the truth shall set u free
pardon me but I've got to tell u to shut up cos u are spitting nonsense, did Jesus come to erase the old law NO, He came to fulfil the old testament, Take note that in malachi 3 vs 8-12 was God speaking and not man, whatever is in google is what someone wrote there, pls refer to ur bible,pls read mat23:23, where Jesus accused the pharasees for paying tithe and neglecting justice,mercy and faith fullness, He mentioned that those are the first things they should have done without also neglect paying tithe. You know why? Let me tell u, that's because that is how those tithe paid will be acceptable cos if u pay tithe and show injustice unfaithfullness and no mercy, God ll reject ur tithe even though its very important u pay it and same also applies to offering, pls u guys should stop misleading and discouraging ppl.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by salt1: 6:47am On Mar 07, 2013
ini4brandon: actions reveal the TRUE motives of these MOGs. what do they do with tithe money? my ever generous governor impulsively donated millions in cash at the spot to a neigbourhood church that worshipped in a shanty house . guess the overseer's first phone call? a car dealer for the cost of toyota camry (spider). hmmm

I guess it's pastors' bashing day but I found your comment genuinely sensible and would like to answer you on what they do with the money. Where I worship(not a pastor but fully involved in the ministry), there is a tithe and offering box where people go to drop what they have at their own convenience. No collection or donation during service. The money is used for
1.Running the church: building churches, buying buses, generating sets, pa equipment, printing gospel literature etc. The mission of the church is to pray, preach and publish
2. Sustaining the volunteers that work for the church. Many pastors are not on full time service, but there are drivers, printers etc who work full time for the church
3. Works of charity: members visit blind centres(I go with a team to blind centres and you don't go empty handed), hospitals, schools and prisons. The needy and widows are catered for as the church hosts a charity day of free and cheerful sharing
4. Missionaries are trained and supported both locally and internationally. Rural evangelism is sponsored.etc
Many Christians have discovered that what you give is what you get. You give love, you get love. You invest in the less-privileged, others will remember you. Tho personally, I don't give to receive. It's my PLEASURE to do so!

4 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by ddeola: 6:49am On Mar 07, 2013
Even Jesus told parables,so it is ok if it's not all lies
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by skyfall: 7:08am On Mar 07, 2013
SCAM!
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by dnawah(m): 7:13am On Mar 07, 2013
Bros if u don give ur thith u'll pay it.that story is true i hard it.wat of this one,arm robbers were robbing 4rm house 2 house,on reaching one of d house d owner was praying &they say"mak we no disturb am him d pray".
(na joke o!)grin
Then this funny one,d fine boys came into a yard when robbing one man was praying"Oh Lord arrest & bind them"they gave him d beatin of his life,telling him dat "God d only bind evil spirits & demons not humans"

1 Like

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 07, 2013
Yes. I have heard the story countless times and is been long that thing happened. I guess when men still have the fear of God in them.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by LeSulk(m): 7:18am On Mar 07, 2013
I've heard this tho 'show ur faith,put all ur money into tithe basket even your transport fare GOD will take you home'
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by gabinogem(m): 7:23am On Mar 07, 2013
Can any christian pls explain deuteronomy 14:22-26. I really need a clean explanation on this one.Can any christian pls explain deuteronomy 14:22-26. I really need a clean explanation on this one.Can any christian pls explain deuteronomy 14:22-26. I really need a clean explanation on this one.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by pmc01(m): 7:25am On Mar 07, 2013
The aggressiveness of some dogmatic church-goers in defending their pastors on this thread clearly shows that it is these deceitful pastors that have made it easy for greedy and selfish politicians to deceive the greater Nigerian populace year in, year out with such ridiculous promises of 'fresh air', 'goodluck', e.t.c.
#PATHETIC
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 07, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
[b]I was visiting a redeem church here in Texas on a thanksgiving day.....it was time to pay tithe. in an effort to get people to pay their tithe, the pastor decided to tell a story of testimony about a group of armed robbery victims....He said a large group was traveling from Lagos to a certain location. While in transit, they encountered a road block and stopped. Then a large group of armed robbers jumped out from the bushes and ran towards the bus shouting and shooting in the air. They then entered the bus and told everybody to get out of the bus and line up beside the bus. According to him, the armed robbers then asked the bus passengers"if you pay your tithe move to the left, if you dont pay tithe stay where you are." He said most people moved to the left but a handful stayed. Then the armed robbers looked at the people that did not moved to the left and told them"you that dont pay your tithe you are robbing God so we are going to rob you, but you that pay your tithe you are free to go." The armed robbers then robbed the none tithe paying group and ran back into the woods without taking anything from the tithe payers....

When i heard the story i was a little perplexed....how can armed robbers who took months in planing and gathering weapons and man power....ambush a bus only to ask them if they pay tithe?
What if everybody would have moved to the left what would have happened? they would just thank them and tell them sorry for the delay and leave?

anyways...has anyone heard the story or similar one before?[/b]

Lmaooooo this line sounds familiar bro are you referring to one of em redeem church in Houston "Isaac generation" I've been there before as I was invited by some chick. That was on Easter Sunday they did offering more than 15 times like WTF.

Lies they tell just to scam the congregation
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Zenanted(m): 7:40am On Mar 07, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

is everything ok with you? dont get mad at me...im just asking a question
u re a very big disappointment to christians ,why sign up for a church knowing that you dont confide in ur pastor.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 07, 2013
mumumugu: It isnt funny.its a big lie
Man of God.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Jeejile: 8:02am On Mar 07, 2013
Logicboy03: Wasnt it Adeboye who calimed that he drove for miles on an empty tank?

#Fake pastor stories

Lies shall never end.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by salt1: 8:06am On Mar 07, 2013
skyfall: SCAM!

Still don't get what makes some of you so angry. Some men spend their money on wine, weed and women. Some spend it on lotteries,betting etc.
Why break your head if some choose to give money for their pet charity (their church) where they believe of both immediate and eternal returns?
Those who're quick to say "don't judge" have already judged, condemned and sentenced tithe payers and receivers.
I ask again, how is it any of your business what I spend my money on?

1 Like

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 07, 2013
iv4fb: In as much as some pastors may say series of stories to make u pay ur tithe aint sufficient for us to judge them. Let God b the judge
why do people always use this line only when a pastor is involved?
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by dederocs(m): 8:21am On Mar 07, 2013
lecturerdabo: Yes I ve heard that story and also believe it is possible cos God works in mysterious ways that is why His ways are not our ways.
What do you mean?
are you saying God needs you to pay tithes before he protects you?
God does what he wishes,he blesses who he wants and overlooks when he likes...are you saying because you pay your tithes,God will overlook your sins?
chei you guys are gullible,no wonder all these pastors keep buying jets and G6's while all y'all live in penury...shame on you for this reasoning level.your bible is there read it with a clear mind and ask the holy spirit to let you undertand.
For love is the principal thing,not paying tithe,if you like pay 100% tithe without love you are doomed.

1 Like

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by dederocs(m): 8:23am On Mar 07, 2013
salt 1:

I guess it's pastors' bashing day but I found your comment genuinely sensible and would like to answer you on what they do with the money. Where I worship(not a pastor but fully involved in the ministry), there is a tithe and offering box where people go to drop what they have at their own convenience. No collection or donation during service. The money is used for
1.Running the church: building churches, buying buses, generating sets, pa equipment, printing gospel literature etc. The mission of the church is to pray, preach and publish
2. Sustaining the volunteers that work for the church. Many pastors are not on full time service, but there are drivers, printers etc who work full time for the church
3. Works of charity: members visit blind centres(I go with a team to blind centres and you don't go empty handed), hospitals, schools and prisons. The needy and widows are catered for as the church hosts a charity day of free and cheerful sharing
4. Missionaries are trained and supported both locally and internationally. Rural evangelism is sponsored.etc
Many Christians have discovered that what you give is what you get. You give love, you get love. You invest in the less-privileged, others will remember you. Tho personally, I don't give to receive. It's my PLEASURE to do so!
who owns the properties,apart from a very few churches,the pastor is the C.E.O-so any property he buys is in his name.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bible Emergency Numbers That Will Shock You / "Dead Pastor, Anderson Chinenye, Back To Life At The Mortuary" - Facebook User / Ten Lies The Church Tells Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.