Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,914 members, 7,879,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:19 AM

The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. (38038 Views)

Result Of Deworming / Deworming / The Essence Of Autopsy On Dana Crash Victims. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by scopusng(m): 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
there would be no need for deworming if you eat good healthy CLEAN food, and maintain a clean home and environment, and brush regularly and wash your hands with soap before eating.

Don't mislead people. Every person need deworming. Every 3 months.
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by amber222(f): 5:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
Rolahun: Starting From 1Year above
6mths & above.u knw dt is whn sm kids started crawling.due 2 dt they will be picking things 4rm d floor.
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by andyanders: 5:56pm On Apr 02, 2013
agoha_vivi: I recently went to see a friend who narrated to me, how her neighbour lost her 7year old child to worms.

According to her, the girl had not been feeling well for some time. She was vomitting frequently and had lost a lot of weight. On visiting the hospital, the doctors kept treating her for malaria and thyphoid to no avail. Eventually, the child died.

Her uncle who visited from the UK a few days before insisted on an autopsy which the parents declined because they felt it wasn't necessary but the uncle persisted and even took up the expense involved. To everyone's surprise worms were the culprit. I was told that the family doctor felt so bad for not having the slightest suspicion that worms were responsible for the childs ailment. The mum almost resumed her mourning because she was so filled with regret that with only a dose of zentel that costs just N150 she could have saved her child.

Immediately I left my friends place I rushed to a pharmacy to buy zentel for every member of my family.

Deworming is somthing we rarely takes seriously yet it's been proven to be a life saver.
It's a pity that they lost the child. But note na death kill am.

I know you are here to advertise your product- Zentel.

1 Like

Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by plendil: 5:57pm On Apr 02, 2013
agoha_vivi: I recently went to see a friend who narrated to me, how her neighbour lost her 7year old child to worms.

According to her, the girl had not been feeling well for some time. She was vomitting frequently and had lost a lot of weight. On visiting the hospital, the doctors kept treating her for malaria and thyphoid to no avail. Eventually, the child died.

Her uncle who visited from the UK a few days before insisted on an autopsy which the parents declined because they felt it wasn't necessary but the uncle persisted and even took up the expense involved. To everyone's surprise worms were the culprit. I was told that the family doctor felt so bad for not having the slightest suspicion that worms were responsible for the childs ailment. The mum almost resumed her mourning because she was so filled with regret that with only a dose of zentel that costs just N150 she could have saved her child.

Immediately I left my friends place I rushed to a pharmacy to buy zentel for every member of my family.

Deworming is somthing we rarely takes seriously yet it's been proven to be a life saver.

There are many ways of engaging in reasonable promotion of ethical products, but this. . . lipsrsealed

For a start, I'm struggling to see how worm infestation could take the life of 7 years old child living in a presumably well-to-do family, without any history of illness or co-morbidities. What type of worm exactly? Tapeworm? roundworm, pinworm?

Even if we give OP's hard sell 'tory' the benefit of doubt, I truly doubt if a single dose of 'only N150' albendazole (Zentel(R)), usually 400mg, would suffice to offset the obviously heavy worm burden the poor child was harboring. It would have to be taken for at least 3 days and then repeated after a week.

1 Like

Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by megareal: 5:58pm On Apr 02, 2013
Thanks op. Ive been having this sharp pains in my body and a Dr friend advised to deworm. Havent done that in about 10 years. Im scared the worm may come out for me to see them due to a bad childhood experience with worms. Hope zentel can just send them out without me noticing? Someone please convince me.

2 Likes

Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by plendil: 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
ojubi: @ oops it is called "differential diagnosis"if only medical personnel can be humble enough to seek the opinion of other colleagues. A female friend of mine was so sick with severe abdominal pains that left her sleepless for more than one week and unable to attend lecture. She went for treatment at university of calabar teaching hospital were she did a scan and all manner of test the doctors told her she has" pelvic inflammatory disease" and gave her high doses of antibiotics and pain relievers but to no avail. This girl suffered and almost died of abdominal pains so I asked her to go to a private lab. And do a simple text known as "H pillory" used in detecting peptic ulcer, when the result came out it was positive, but the doctors in unical could not noticed this differential diagnosis. I prescribe antacids for her and gave her medical advice on the dos and Dons of peptic ulcer, and since that day that problem ended. Most times you just need to try another medical personnel.

What you've described above, as well as OP's anecdote is not differential diagnosis, please. Simply put, DD is using the absence of an ailment to confirm the presence of another. Is that what you described above?

Part of the reason I avoid this section. the amount of crap here is enough to give me ulcers. angry
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by Elai147: 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
This is very true. It is necessary to deworm ourselves and our family regularly. I think we all need to whether u think you have worms or not as there are several ways we can get these worms. For instance, failure to wash your hands thoroughly before eating, untreated drinking water, under cooked meat, etc. Your kids can easily get it from their school.

In most cases, deworming once every six months is sufficient- that's what my doctor told me but please consult with your physician to know the medicine that should be taken and the interval that should be adopted to keep the parasites at bay. Don't just go and buy Zentel. There are some of us that live in remote areas who needs a prescribed medicine- not just zentel. Some of us may even need a second dose after few weeks of taking the first dose. Again, please seek the advice of ya Dokitor!
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by jidewin(m): 6:07pm On Apr 02, 2013
ojubi: @ oops it is called "differential diagnosis"if only medical personnel can be humble enough to seek the opinion of other colleagues. A female friend of mine was so sick with severe abdominal pains that left her sleepless for more than one week and unable to attend lecture. She went for treatment at university of calabar teaching hospital were she did a scan and all manner of test the doctors told her she has" pelvic inflammatory disease" and gave her high doses of antibiotics and pain relievers but to no avail. This girl suffered and almost died of abdominal pains so I asked her to go to a private lab. And do a simple text known as "H pillory" used in detecting peptic ulcer, when the result came out it was positive, but the doctors in unical could not noticed this differential diagnosis. I prescribe antacids for her and gave her medical advice on the dos and Dons of peptic ulcer, and since that day that problem ended. Most times you just need to try another medical personnel.
Buddy I've done the H pylori test twice but still have this mid left side pain while in lagos.What is the test outcome suppose to be like?cos only blood samples were taken and I've not fully read H pylori test and if it requires bio specimen.Thanks for expantiating
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by agohavivi(f): 6:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
DICKtator:

ZEntel? why zentel? Isn't it worm? Just to de-worm? just drink salty water. that should do the trick? shouldn't it?
grin grin grin grin
Remember cheap article dey run belle.
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by IncomeTutor: 6:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
Is ZenTEL a new GSM network in Nigeria?
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by Kaynee: 6:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
The practice of deworming is very important. My mum who is a nurse deworms the whole family at 6months interval. This she does because the life span of the worms such as hook, tapeworms e.t.c is usually 6months. Now as a grown adult, I still deworm my husband and I every June 30th and Dec 31st every year. You may maintain good hygeine practice in your house, but what happens when you travel out of your home and you drink that which may appear clean but its not or the restaurant food, all these can introduce worms into d system. As a matter of fact ALL ADULTS/ CHILDREN have worms as parasites.

2 Likes

Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by EiE1(f): 6:27pm On Apr 02, 2013
@Ojubi, i suspect you are a "colleague"- a co-scientist!
What you proferred for your friend was just the life-saver- differential diagnosis! But, as you and i knw, our "seemingly oga @the top" won't let due process as rgds restorin health fully †☺ ailing individuals take it's course, vizaviz, diagnosis b4 treatment. Their hatred for MLS as a whole from them i don't knw why. But we are here †☺ stay Ojubi- we are!
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by agohavivi(f): 6:31pm On Apr 02, 2013
plendil:

There are many ways of engaging in reasonable promotion of ethical products, but this. . . lipsrsealed

For a start, I'm struggling to see how worm infestation could take the life of 7 years old child living in a presumably well-to-do family, without any history of illness or co-morbidities. What type of worm exactly? Tapeworm? roundworm, pinworm?

Even if we give OP's hard sell 'tory' the benefit of doubt, I truly doubt if a single dose of 'only N150' albendazole (Zentel(R)), usually 400mg, would suffice to offset the obviously heavy worm burden the poor child was harboring. It would have to be taken for at least 3 days and then repeated after a week.

I'm no doctor. I only narrated the ordeal of the family because it touched me so much. Before then, I never knew worms could do so much damage to the human system to the extent of causing death.
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by plendil: 6:35pm On Apr 02, 2013
Just for the records, I'm not discouraging the practice of regularly deworming oneself, at least 3-4 months for children and 6 months for adults.

Indeed, routine administration of anthelmintics to pregnant women after the first trimester is recommended by WHO, especially for those living in areas of high prevalence of worms or those with poor sanitory conditions. This is against some earlier studies which had claimed the drugs could cause congenital malformations.

1 Like

Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by kennz(f): 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
I alwz deworm masef nd ma son evry 3mnths. Dewormin is vry gud cos it heps free d system nd mek one luk heldy.
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by agohavivi(f): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2013
andyanders:
It's a pity that they lost the child. But note na death kill am.

I know you are here to advertise your product- Zentel.
The truth remains that I can't even remember the pharmacitical that produces zentel. You can use any deworming medication you desire to use. I only wished to share the ordeal of a bereaved family because It touched me greatly.
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by dadamuyiwa: 7:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
A Corper deworming pupils in Niger State.
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by lepasharon(f): 7:58pm On Apr 02, 2013
Seriously,this deworming thing really terrifies me undecided cos i have a phobia of worms.I have heard horror stories of how ppl deworm and go toilet and just worms will come out shocked and then you gotta use tissue to pull the thing out and it must not break in your asss lipsrsealed Oh Gooodd
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by Abrantie: 8:47pm On Apr 02, 2013
megareal: Thanks op. Ive been having this sharp pains in my body and a Dr friend advised to deworm. Havent done that in about 10 years. Im scared the worm may come out for me to see them due to a bad childhood experience with worms. Hope zentel can just send them out without me noticing? Someone please convince me.
Modern day dewormers "crush" the worms into a pulp. They blend with your shyt.
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by Abrantie: 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2013
It's not about good personal hygiene. It's about the hygiene of your environment and society in general.

If you live in a third world country and eat meat, you have worms. May be this is a good time to turn vegetarian.

Any Nigerian who frequently patronizes roadside khebab or suya has worms.

1 Like

Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by daveemuobo(m): 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2013

funny how everybody wants to diagnose en? cool..
antacids for H Pylori infection indeed.....google 3T
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by kennyfao(m): 10:31pm On Apr 02, 2013
[quote author=IncomeTutor]Is ZenTEL a new GSM network in Nigeria?[/quote ur father]
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by vicope: 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
[b][size=13pt]OMG shocked shocked shocked shocked
Few days ago, my cousin lost her only child after over 10 years of marriage.

The child was just about a year old. I saw her about five hours before she died. She was so weak and thin that you could see the shape of her skull! The baby had been to two general hospitals in Abuja where she was 'falsely' diagonised with malaria plus in one of the hospitals. After they treated her for malaria and there was no sign of improvement, they discharged her and told my cousin to seek spiritual help.
After that, she was taken to a private hospital where she was treated for malaria and thypoid without even conducting a single test. It was during the treatment, they tested her for HIV, PCV and other tests, and the test results showed she was okay.

The baby eventually died after receiving her last drip at the hospital.

I may not be correct, but now I strongly feel that the death of that child may not be unconnected to worms, beacuse she was so pale, thin and weak ( the doctor could hardly find a vein in her body to pass drip through). I could remember the night the baby died, my cousin complained that the food in the baby's stomach may not be digesting as according to her, the baby didn't pass out feaces and her stomach kept bulging the whole day before she passed on!

This is really an eye opener for me! @ OP, God bless you!

Deworming should be taken as seriously as preventing malaria and thypoid![/b][/size]
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by 3kay945(m): 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2013
megareal: Thanks op. Ive been having this sharp pains in my body and a Dr friend advised to deworm. Havent done that in about 10 years. Im scared the worm may come out for me to see them due to a bad childhood experience with worms. Hope zentel can just send them out without me noticing? Someone please convince me.

I used to have this feelings when I was a kid but don't worry just do the toileting with a bottle of Alomo, you won't feel a thing grin
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by masterpiecer(m): 11:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
R
mikeoh: little forces that can destroy vine....

it's foxes not forces
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by cooltony09: 12:20am On Apr 03, 2013
ZENTEL people are here.time to cook up my own interesting story to sell my multipurpose drug...watch out!!!!!!!!
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by Novice1(m): 1:10am On Apr 03, 2013
Nice try, Zentel marketers!!!
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
there would be no need for deworming if you eat good healthy CLEAN food, and maintain a clean home and environment, and brush regularly and wash your hands with soap before eating.

After grubbing uncooked chicken from their useless eateries ( poor kids) and infest salmonella in their bodies they now cry foul bout deworming.

Thank you sir PAGAN! Ehhhnn na wa oh! NL now post any topic for traffic? Whoa!!

I've Never ever been dewormed for over 25years ( over oh) now and I'm fine and dandy , so are my kids too, they eat thoroughly cooked meals and hand washing is very important too...... people ( esp kids without adult supervision) use the washrooms and touch infested surfaces and 'forgot' to wash their hands with soap/ sanitizer!!!

OP Stop scaring people oh.

Wash your hands!! with soap !
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by damiso(f): 8:19am On Apr 03, 2013
jidegirl12:

After grubbing uncooked chicken from their useless eateries ( poor kids) and infest salmonella in their bodies they now cry foul bout deworming.

Thank you sir PAGAN! Ehhhnn na wa oh! NL now post any topic for traffic? Whoa!!

I've Never ever been dewormed for over 25years ( over oh) now and I'm fine and dandy , so are my kids too, they eat thoroughly cooked meals and hand washing is very important too...... people ( esp kids without adult supervision) use the washrooms and touch infested surfaces and 'forgot' to wash their hands with soap/ sanitizer!!!

OP Stop scaring people oh.

Wash your hands!! with soap !

Sis me sef wonder o.If you go into a pharmacy here and ask for worm expellant ie combantrin etc,they look at you like what is this on about? .

My mum used to deworm us as kids and told me to deworm mine as well.She even wanted to buy me the drugs from Nigeria when i told her there is nothing like that here.I personally dont see the need if there is proper hygiene but hey ho i dont think we should completely knock it back home.
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by BestmanNnamdi(m): 8:26am On Apr 03, 2013
Caracta: Let me go and buy zentel too. Everybody pls buy zentel. It's just 150naira. Buy zentel today!
Zentel Advertisement!!!
Re: The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. by ndavids5(m): 8:26am On Apr 03, 2013
Yeah, u are absolutely right. Mine has been disturbing my body syst. Until i suspected it & call my doctor for proper confirmation, i told him abt d symptom i've been xperiencin. I just took my own zentel dis mrng.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Monkeys Snatch Coronavirus Blood Samples Of Patients In India / EXTERNAL HORDELEUM (chalazion Solution) / 14-Year-Old Pregnant Girl Commits Suicide In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.