Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,251 members, 7,943,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 05:23 PM

Is This For Real ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This For Real ? (972 Views)

Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! / Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real / Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This For Real ? by Freewilly(f): 1:16am On Mar 22, 2008
I'm just praying this is not real and not another 419 from Nigeria. I just found it on Obama's website. Help me folks if this is just another scam, I need to let the admin know so some of these Nigerians don't keep dragging our name through the mod.

http://www.obamanigeria.org/donate.php?PHPSESSID=524768e4c0731528226de0cc3c2f8abf
Re: Is This For Real ? by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 22, 2008
OMG. . .na wa for this ppl o. . .omo, that one na scam. . . see naija trying to stain a good man's name. . oma se o. embarassed embarassed
Re: Is This For Real ? by 4Him(m): 1:24am On Mar 22, 2008
I don tire for yahoo yahoo boys. Why is Obama mobilising Nigerians? Are we the 51st state of the USA?
Re: Is This For Real ? by McKren(m): 3:23am On Mar 22, 2008
I am not too sure what to believe

Its actually on the punch http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200803211163428

Nairalanders should further investigate this and make sure either Nigerians or the Obama Campaign don't get duped over this.

The curious thing is why they are so quick to include a link on how members of the public can donate but yet also claim they have not reached out to the Obama campaign on the grounds that they are merely celebrating the success of an African Son.

The question is why the funds? They are not even trying to build a youth coalition in Nigeria to replicate what Obama has done, so why the funds? and why does an organisation formed by close to 32 Nigerian lawmakers need funds of ordinary people?

So many unanswered questions

I hope this is genuine.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200803211163428
Re: Is This For Real ? by DisGuy: 3:30am On Mar 22, 2008
the idle reps
http://www.obamanigeria.org/bdein.php?PHPSESSID=524768e4c0731528226de0cc3c2f8abf

where is that fellow looking for yardys email, he should contact his local reps first, now you know what they look like grin

here first
Re: Is This For Real ? by McKren(m): 3:37am On Mar 22, 2008
DONATION
Obama Nigeria Initiatives Donation Page

To achieve the target of mobilizing 5 million Nigerians for the Obama Presidency all hands must be on deck. It requires commitment to organize seminars, awareness talks, and distribute FREE Obama promotional materials and souvenirs to volunteer members.

In view of this, Obama Nigeria Initiaives, Lagos will receive donations from members, friends, like minds, and well wishers through inter personal contact.

If you wish to pay directly into our bank account, find below our bank details.

Name: Obama Nigeria Initiatives, Lagos
Bank: Skye Bank Plc, Skye House, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos

Account No: 1641770011129

To enable us keep records of donors towards this great cause, you will need to provide us the following details once you have made payment to our bank:

Your Full Name, Address, Phone Number, Amount, and Deposit Slip Number,

Kindly send your details to donate@obamanigeria.org

[size=24pt]kindly send cheques to Obama Nigeria Initiatives, Lagos Secretariat Address given below !!!!!!!![/size].

OBAMA NIGERIA INITIATIVES, LAGOS

2nd Avenue, 211 Road, Plot 194
(FHA) Ipaja New Town
Lagos, Nigeria

You must thereafter send us an email to donate@obamanigeria.org providing your details which includes;

Your Full Name, Address, Phone Number, and Amount

Thank you for supporting Obama Nigeria Initiatives, Lagos.

EFCC should investigate to ensure this is even Reps doing it. Guys contact the EFCC and ICPC quickly
Re: Is This For Real ? by McKren(m): 3:40am On Mar 22, 2008
OBAMA NIGERIA INITIATIVES STORE

Obama Nigeria Initiatives at the request of registered members gives out FREE Obama souvenirs.

The souvenirs are produced using the funds donated by the volunteer members and donations from other registered members who show concern about the need to effectively propagate the Obama awareness.

Presently ONLY car stickers are available.

To request for your car sticker kindly call:

Hon. Adewunmi Onibiyo Adelabu
+234 802 306 3495

Hon. Lateef Oludare Raji

+234 802 384 0619

Hon. Akin Bashiru

+234 805 434 6424

You can make donation now to assist us in printing more car stickers and other types of souvenirs like Shirts, Hats, Lapel Pins, and others

I hope this not a ploy to sell car stickers at a dubious prize??

I dont know how this will enhance Obama Candidacy
Re: Is This For Real ? by joshjosh(m): 3:42am On Mar 22, 2008
i wonder what is wrong with nigerian and their insatiable quest for money. so this is another money making exercise for some people? these guys are a disgrace
good lord have mercy

shameless people it is more likely to harm the guys chances. imagine when the us press people kno that yahoo boys have started raising money for him
Re: Is This For Real ? by almondjoy(f): 9:13am On Mar 22, 2008
joshjosh:

i wonder what is wrong with nigerian and their insatiable quest for money. so this is another money making exercise for some people? these guys are a disgrace
good lord have mercy

shameless people it is more likely to harm the guys chances. imagine when the us press people kno that yahoo boys have started raising money for him

Where is Oprah Winfrey Please? cheesy This should be a good topic for here to broadcast on Easter Monday. kiss Infact, I am forwarding this link to her website so she can have a field day with this one. Make una no beg me ooooooooooooooh! cheesy
Re: Is This For Real ? by doyin13(m): 9:38am On Mar 22, 2008
I bet twenty pounds, SabiSabi is behind this idea
Re: Is This For Real ? by dblock(m): 9:57am On Mar 22, 2008
Freewilly my lesbian frend.

How far?
Re: Is This For Real ? by Kobojunkie: 12:21pm On Mar 22, 2008

Thirty-two members of the Lagos State House of Assembly have joined the campaign train of the leading American Democrat presidential candidate, Senator Barack Obama.

File
Senator Barack Obama

The President of Obama Nigeria Initiative, Lagos, Mr. Adewumi Adelabu, said on Thursday in Lagos that the lawmakers formed the group to celebrate the beauty of American democracy and give support to the Kenyan-born democrat.
He said, “The Obama presidency is a beacon of hope, peace, unity and emancipation from the shackles of socio-economic and political impoverishment among the people of the world.

“When we launched the Obama Nigeria Initiatives, Lagos, we planned to register five million Nigerians that will rise and support the aspiration of this phenomenon. For us, the Obama presidency will redefine the way we look at the issues of international importance and the way it affects people’s lives across the globe.

“Thirty-two of 40 representatives in the Lagos State parliament, representing 80 per cent of the 18 million Lagosians have signed up in the first two days.”

I will not just shove this one under the carpet at all. Considering the article does say 32 Lagos Reps are involved in this may mean it is actually a legal set up. My Question though would be why?? With all that is to be done there in Nigeria, these people take it upon themselves to try to make things happen in America instead?? What for?? They have not even been able to get fair elections right there in Nigeria.
Re: Is This For Real ? by Scopium: 5:03pm On Mar 22, 2008
[size=13pt]This shouldn't be taken lightly whether 419 or fools in power. Is Obama the priority of Nigeria?[/size]
Re: Is This For Real ? by darren20(m): 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2008
I hate to say that Nigeria as a nation is under a curse,Imagine a nation where there is no electricity,and other basic infrastructures and the Representatives having to start raising money for obama's campaign,it's unthinkable,have they tried to raise money for the failing education sector?or other sector of the economy in their domain that are not working,the more I think about Nigeria,the more I realize how hopeless the situation of a common man is.This cannot happen in a civilised society,Imagine some local MP in Britain raising money for Hilary Clinton or John McCain!
Re: Is This For Real ? by mazaje(m): 9:57pm On Mar 22, 2008
Misplaced priorities , what's wrong with these imbeciles?  their various constituencies should immediately begin a process of recalling these  shameless law makers for dereliction of duty.  Where they elected to mobilize funds for obama? is that the most pressing needs of the people in their various constituencies? these maniacs should all be sent to jail. The only way the can really support obama is by applying some of his visions into their political agendas and not by stealing from the public in the name of donating to the obama course, under the US constitution only the citizens of the United states are eligible to contribute to the presidentail campaign of any US presidentail candidate so i don't know what they are going to do with the contributed funds since they can't send it to the obama campaign directly.
Re: Is This For Real ? by folem: 1:47am On Mar 23, 2008
mazaje:

Misplaced priorities , what's wrong with these imbeciles? their various constituencies should immediately beging a process of recalling these shameless law makers for dereliction of duty. Where they elected to mobilize funds for obama? is that the most pressing needs of the people in their various constituencies? these maniacs should all be sent to jail. The only way the can really support obama is by applying some of his visions into their political agendas and not stealing from the public in the name of donating to the obama course, under the US constitution only the citizens of the United states are eligible to contribute to the presidentail campaign of any US presidentail candidate so i don't know what they are going to do with the contributed funds since they can't send it to the obama campaign directly.

The lawmakers need to be recalled ASAP.

(1) (Reply)

Us Appoints Nigerian Scientist To Head Research Centre / Africans In UK Urge Support For Niger-delta / If The Usa Come To Liberate Southern Nigeria will you Support Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.