Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,352 members, 7,940,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:42 AM

A convert to Christianity, Hallelujah - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A convert to Christianity, Hallelujah (964 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / 136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A convert to Christianity, Hallelujah by Ndipe(m): 5:02am On Mar 23, 2008
Re: A convert to Christianity, Hallelujah by olabowale(m): 12:57pm On Mar 23, 2008
@Ndipe: I read the Egyptian born psudo-mus"lim Allam, world pupularised convertion to "Christianity!" There is nothing wrong in his convertion. Afterall, it is free will. He can reconvert or convert to Judaism. I am struck by one thing though, which you as a person who lives in the Bay area did not consier in all of this.

Allam was never a devouted Musl"im. And based on his own account, he had been living in Italy for 35 years. If he is 55, he must been out of Egypt at the young age of 20! I remember my own story in the late 70's to early 80's America. I do not care how devouted you are, every Mus:lim was like a lone lamb surrounded by a large pack of hungry wolves.

It actually shows and a warning to all Mus:lims that if you are complacent about your devotion to Allahu ta'ala, the religion will fly away from you. Whats interesting is that Allam, may still have a future in Is"lam. maybe now that he is a journalist in his midlife, there may truly be a midlife crisis going on in his life.

I can see the verse of the Qur'an coming to live in his case above: The Qur'an says that a person who belief and then goes to disbelief,

Then many ahadith come to mind: A person may be a believer in the morning and by the night a disbeliver. It is vice versa, also.

Another is that a person who is destined for hellfire will change and do the work of hellfire, even when the distance between him and paradise is just a measure of forearm. The case is also vice versa.

Ndipe, for a person who is just a stone throw from Berkley, you should be more progressive in your thought than this. I can expect 'stone aged (Osisi; lol and good morning)' to take the position that you took.

This man, Allam has been a Christian for many years and it is not a news worthy thing, except that Christendom is making some ill thoughtout statement.

Allam, who has been living in Italy for 35 years, has said he was never a very devout Muslim. Still, his conversion to Christianity came as a surprise.

"What amazes me is the high profile the Vatican has given this conversion," Yaha Sergio Yahe Pallavicini, vice-president of the Italian Islamic Religious Community, told Reuters.
Re: A convert to Christianity, Hallelujah by SunGod1: 1:49am On Mar 25, 2008
Your both delusional to say the very least grin

islam and christianity are all trumped up superstitions and fairy tales passed on over the centuries that have no shroud of evidence to convince a rational being whatsoever!
Re: A convert to Christianity, Hallelujah by syrup(f): 6:05pm On May 24, 2008
olabowale:

Allam was never a devouted Musl"im.

Just curious: WHO is a "devouted Mus'lim?" smiley
Re: A convert to Christianity, Hallelujah by Ndipe(m): 11:34pm On May 26, 2008
May God give me the Grace to never ever compromise His Religion in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen
Re: A convert to Christianity, Hallelujah by olabowale(m): 11:46pm On May 26, 2008
@Syrup:

Just curious: WHO is a "devouted Mus'lim?"
Abu Kassim (AS) stated that the best of generation was his, then the next generation and followed by the third. At least to begin to to understand Isla, m is not to apostate it.

The prophet also stated that belief goes up and goes down. When one is experience a down ward spiral in belief, the devoted should not apostate the deen (way) at that time. rather he or she should understand that the protection of God should be seeked in a more intensed manner. This is part of the sign of being a devoted person in the deen of God!
Re: A convert to Christianity, Hallelujah by iku: 11:54pm On May 26, 2008
Outside ISLAM and being a MUSLIM- no alternative and its simply the best option.
Re: A convert to Christianity, Hallelujah by syrup(f): 1:07am On May 27, 2008
@Olabowale,

olabowale:

@Syrup:Abu Kassim (AS) stated that the best of generation was his, then the next generation and followed by the third. At least to begin to to understand Isla, m is not to apostate it.

The prophet also stated that belief goes up and goes down. When one is experience a down ward spiral in belief, the devoted should not apostate the deen (way) at that time. rather he or she should understand that the protection of God should be seeked in a more intensed manner. This is part of the sign of being a devoted person in the deen of God!

From what you stated, it is rather quizzical that Abu Kassim fits the essential descriptors of a devoted mu.slim before his conversion. He serious religious life before his conversion attests to that. To have shlepped him off as one who was not devoted on the basis of his conversion will mean that your indicators would require revision.
Re: A convert to Christianity, Hallelujah by syrup(f): 1:09am On May 27, 2008
Religious zeal is a serious defect when it is borne out of superfluity. @iku, why does Islam have to be an "option" - is it something to be selected among several other "options"?

iku:

Outside ISLAM and being a MUSLIM- no alternative and its simply the best option.
Re: A convert to Christianity, Hallelujah by olabowale(m): 2:50am On May 27, 2008
@Syrup:

From what you stated, it is rather quizzical that Abu Kassim fits the essential descriptors of a devoted mu.slim before his conversion. He serious religious life before his conversion attests to that. To have shlepped him off as one who was not devoted on the basis of his conversion will mean that your indicators would require revision.

You know who Abu kassim (as) is? That is the nick name (Kunya) of the noble Prophet.

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Do,advice Me Plz / All Daystar Members In The House / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.