Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,281 members, 7,884,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:23 AM

Offensive Smell From Ac Duct - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Offensive Smell From Ac Duct (1059 Views)

Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician / Rotten Egg Smell From Toyota Camry 07 / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Offensive Smell From Ac Duct by tpn: 9:19am On Mar 10, 2013
Please I need your help with my Toyota 4 runner.there is this offensive smell from my srs Toyota 4 runner.it happens each time I accelerate suddenly.it comes and go.pls what can I do to solve this cos it was not like this before
Re: Offensive Smell From Ac Duct by kenmaro: 11:38am On Mar 10, 2013
Check your cabin air filter, it might be dirty and due for a change. It's located somewhere under your glove box on the dash board.
Re: Offensive Smell From Ac Duct by symbianDON(m): 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
is your check engine light on?
Re: Offensive Smell From Ac Duct by plendil: 11:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
symbianDON: is your check engine light on?

if its on, what does it mean?
Re: Offensive Smell From Ac Duct by gulfer: 6:21am On Mar 11, 2013
plendil:

Waoh,what a question? The check-engine light may be unrelated to your current issue but asking what it means shows you just want to drive and care less about the operation of your car. FYI, that light tells you about your car what diagnostic of health symptoms does for the human being.
Re: Offensive Smell From Ac Duct by cretin: 10:42am On Mar 11, 2013
toyota released a technical service bulletine - TSB on the issue.
google it. its a sulphur smell a very common problem on certain models of 4runners
...n also u need to change ur attitude...ur asking some1 who wants to help u questions aint helping mattaers at all
Re: Offensive Smell From Ac Duct by symbianDON(m): 5:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
plendil:

an exhaust odour that smells like rotten eggs is the result of a rich air/fuel mixture. The
catalytic converter is responsible for reducing the carbon monoxide and hydrocarbon
levels in the exhaust. When the air/fuel mixture is too rich, the catalyst cannot convert all
of the additional fuel in the exhaust. The result is a foul odour that is often associated with
rotten eggs. If the vehicle only emits this odour under a heavy load or acceleration, the
symptom is normal.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Do Need To Add Anadditional Fan For My Tokunbo Pathfinder / Labourdette Rolls-royce Phantom III Vutotal Cabriolet / Hybrid Batteries For Highlander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.