Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,106 members, 7,987,894 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 07:20 PM

Mother And Daughter Apprehended While Transporting 43.2 Kg Of Marijuana - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother And Daughter Apprehended While Transporting 43.2 Kg Of Marijuana (603 Views)

'One Chance' Robbers Apprehended In Jos (Photos) / Alleged Fast Food Ritualist Apprehended In Imo State / Photo: Man Arrested With 104 Bags Of Marijuana In Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother And Daughter Apprehended While Transporting 43.2 Kg Of Marijuana by Naijabliss(m): 7:40pm On Mar 10, 2013
THE National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) said it has arrested a woman, Regina Esume and her daughter, Edith Animan, with 43.2 kg of Indian hemp in Kogi State.

The state NDLEA Commander, Alhaji Idris Bello, said this when he presented the suspects to newsmen in Lokoja on Friday.

Bello said the suspects, who hail from Isoko, Delta State, were nabbed at about 1.00 p.m. on Thursday during a stop-and-search operation on an Abuja-bound commercial bus.

Some of the people in the bus included Uche Animan, a six-year old grandson of Regina and son to Edith

The commander said the prohibited substance was concealed in 31 parcels neatly packaged in travelling boxes, which the suspects claimed they were taking to one Malam Adamu in Kaduna.

He said the suspects would be taken to court on completion of investigations, adding that their relations would be asked to come and take the child.

“‘We want to verify their claims, know their sources and the dealers, but it is unfortunate that they don’t want to tell us the truth. They are shielding the dealers,” he said.

Regina, however, told journalists that she did not know that the business was unlawful, saying: “I just sey make I try this business, I no know sey na offence.”

Edith also said the parcels were given to them by a man from Owo, Ondo State, for onward delivery to another man in Kaduna.
more at: http:///news/mother-and-daughter-apprehended-while-t.html

Re: Mother And Daughter Apprehended While Transporting 43.2 Kg Of Marijuana by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
Obviously, it is a family business. They have to make ends meet n the street is not smiling
Re: Mother And Daughter Apprehended While Transporting 43.2 Kg Of Marijuana by bedford101(m): 9:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
IGBO-kpom-weed-dop
Re: Mother And Daughter Apprehended While Transporting 43.2 Kg Of Marijuana by Revolva(m): 11:00am On Mar 11, 2013
I throw way salute for my isoko folks dem like igbo there too much even ukwu ane sef get weed plantation
Re: Mother And Daughter Apprehended While Transporting 43.2 Kg Of Marijuana by sylve11: 4:22pm On Mar 11, 2013
Revolva: I throw way salute for my isoko folks dem like igbo there too much even ukwu ane sef get weed plantation

Ukua ne get igbo die. cool

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Arrests Grandma With Cocaine In Hair / How Mistress Allegedlydrugged, Robbed 80-yr-oldpastor / 48 Illegal Schools Closed Down In Enugu By Gistdesk | Published: Ma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.