Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,412 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:39 AM

Actress Foluke Daramola Advises Ladies To Marry For Money - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Actress Foluke Daramola Advises Ladies To Marry For Money (1855 Views)

Valentine’s Day: Charlyboy Advises Ladies / Foluke Daramola And Hubby Kissing Each Other outside (photos) / Linda Ikeji Acquires 24Million Naira 2014 Range Rover Sport + Advises Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actress Foluke Daramola Advises Ladies To Marry For Money by Orpelin: 2:55pm On Mar 11, 2013
"If you marry any man who cannot take care of your financial burden, then what is the essence of marrying that person?"
The above statement was said recently by the highly endowed Nollywood actress, Foluke Daramola who recently got married to another man's husband, Kayode Salako.
People in the know, having heard such utterances coming from the mother of two, they criticised her and said she is not qualified to be a role model to the emerging generation.
She gave this as a warning, according to her, to the ladies out
there who are yet to pick their spouse. "Don't marry a man that can not take care of your financial needs," Foluke concluded.
http://www.naij.com/news/26894.html

Re: Actress Foluke Daramola Advises Ladies To Marry For Money by FRR1: 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
Orpelin:
Don't marry a man that can not take care of your financial needs,"
This statement, to me, is relative. Financial needs has levels. For a low-income woman, financial needs does not include buying the latest camry or travelling to dubai for shopping.
Re: Actress Foluke Daramola Advises Ladies To Marry For Money by Orpelin: 4:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
^so where does the complementary role of a woman comes in now as regards finances in Nigeria of today?
Re: Actress Foluke Daramola Advises Ladies To Marry For Money by bellaberry: 4:30pm On Mar 11, 2013
@Op, you made a type there saying "who recently got married to another man's husband". Abi her husband na gay? grin

@topic, different strokes for different folks. That's her own unique view of the essence of marriage, and she is entitled to her thoughts!

Leave matter for Mathias abegi!
Re: Actress Foluke Daramola Advises Ladies To Marry For Money by anonymous6(f): 7:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
I'm in between with this argument, I believe women should marry men who are financially stable(not necessarily rich but it doesn't hurt), God fearing man and are educated. so they can take care of the wife and children but that doesn't mean the woman shouldn't bring anything to the table as well. However I don't agree with women marrying for superficial things and are just vain about it.

As a woman though I see nothing wrong in women requesting men's financial status because lets be real many men have some requirements and superficial qualities from women too. I have seen men that put pressure on women when it comes to their body from their breast, butt, weight, skin shade and etc. It goes both ways.

Lastly I must add that some of the most powerful & richest men in the world started from humble beginnings and came from poor and middle class backgrounds, who were educated(ex. Steve Jobs(creator and owner of APPLE), and etc). So some women should caution also because if you see a man with potential, progressive, middle class and has all the qualities you want in a man and he loves you, embrace it because many women fight for that and you never know what these men will become a decade or two from now.

2 Likes

Re: Actress Foluke Daramola Advises Ladies To Marry For Money by Orpelin: 8:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
anonymous6 IMO, ur submission was balanced.

1 Like

Re: Actress Foluke Daramola Advises Ladies To Marry For Money by anonymous6(f): 12:37am On Mar 15, 2013
Orpelin: anonymous6 IMO, ur submission was balanced.

thanks

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Says Mosquitoes Are Biting Her In London (photo) / Limpopo Master K-cee! Aquires Himself Two Brand New Cars (PHOTOS) / Movie Star, Bimbo Thomas’ Marks Birthday With A Private Birthday Dinner (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.