Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,839 members, 7,882,954 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 07:26 PM

2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France (78981 Views)

2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarship Scheme For Msc, Phd And Undergraduate Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Lekubumber: 8:48am On Dec 01, 2013
PTDF aptitude test is no joke....pls reverse as MANY past questions as u can. Is there anyone dat applied for PhD?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by dammycrane000: 10:33am On Dec 01, 2013
Hi Nairalanders, is this the first time PTDF will be conducting CBT ?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by infoscope(m): 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2013
For, those who have been clamouring for the format of the test, this is it;

The test consists of three parts.

Part one is the general paper which consists of 50 questions with multiple choice answers. You are advised not to make any guesses at the answers as you will lose mark for any incorrect answer.

Part two seeks to determine your ability to express yourself very well in English language. There are ten questions in this part but you are required to answer only one which is related to your area of specialization.

Part three is to test your technical competence. There are eight sections here, you are to chose the section that relates to your course of study.

Below are some of the general paper questions asked in the previous exams

THE FIRST COMMERCIAL DEEPWATER DISCOVERY IN NIGERIA IS
A.AGBAMI
B.AKPO
C.ABO
D.BONGA
E.IKEJA

WHEN WAS THE OLDEST UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA ESTABLISHED?
A.1948
B.1960
C.1962
D.1936
E.1952

A BOY IN A BARBER SHOP SITS BETWEEN 2 PARALLEL MIRRORS. HOW MANY
IMAGES OF HIMSELF WILL HE OBSERVE
A. 2
B. 1
C. 8
D. 200
E. 4

GET THE PAST QUESTIONS AT http://nigeriannewsportal.com/ptdf-oversea-scholarship-past-questions-and-answers/
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Frankolino(m): 9:15pm On Dec 01, 2013
Prospective PTDF Scholars, don't be deceived! This year's exam is Computer-Based (CBT). You're definitely going to make use of keyboards. My advice, Start learning how to speed-type especially for the essay section (unless you plan to write a very short essay). As for the Skills Test or section 3 according to past aptitude tests, it's possible it will be MCQ as well, but, relevant calculations are unavoidable! Good Luck!
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by statesman37(m): 12:36am On Dec 02, 2013
Dfavouredone: since u apply with NYSC ID and was shortlisted, go with same but ensure u must have finished service b4 sept 2014 which is the date of commencement of the MSC prog.

please oh. the text message i received did not ask me to come with any documents, please what were u asked to come along with. thanks. 08032873189 or kingsleyevt@yahoo.com
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by stevetom: 8:27am On Dec 02, 2013
hello everyone, please who has relevant information about what i should expect in section 3 i applied for refinery designs and operations please.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by RichieJP: 10:57am On Dec 02, 2013
Hey Guys,stop posting questions here. The more you post PTDF questions here the more you make the test harder for you. Give all the advice you can give but don't post questions here. It's definitely against the rules also. These guys monitor these forums and they assume they are that daft to make it easier for you, after claiming to have known it all. Be careful brothers!
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by kennedyugo: 10:57am On Dec 02, 2013
statesman37:

please oh. the text message i received did not ask me to come with any documents, please what were u asked to come along with. thanks. 08032873189 or kingsleyevt@yahoo.com

check your email
or

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Carsonv(m): 1:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
If you want to scale through this test, read up all your core o'level subjects (the ones u likely wrote in your jamb). Forget all those past question crap and section 3 stuff. That was ptdf exam format more than 9years ago. Also prepare yourself in simple IT questions.

Thank me later.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by ignis: 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
statesman37:

Check your email, Read and print out the letter sent to you by ptdf and take it along to the exam. It's among the requirements.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by ignis: 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
Still in dire need of past question on Basin Evolution and Dynamics.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
Lets pause 4 a moment and reason...why would ptdf request 4 evidence of computer literacy skill? Is it that we would be required to do the calculations on a spread sheet, or what if the need to draw a diagram arises? Again, the essay writing, would it be written using MSword, knowing full well its a test of english ability and MSword has a feature that helps correct misspelt words and ungrammatical sentences. I doubt we'd use a computer for the essay (I stand to be corrected)
IMO i think we'd only use a computer for the objective or maybe subjective questions... The other sections would be on paper.
But i'm still tryna wrap my head around why an evidence of computer literacy is required.
I applied for Thermal Power and it seems the past questions flying around doesn't cover this discipline.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by whalleh: 10:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
For the PTDF Past Questions, you might want to check http://www.oilandgasforum.com.ng/trainings/petroleum-development-trust-fund-(ptdf)-scholarship-past-questions/

You may also ask any questions bothering you on this same matter on the forum.

There are people who can enlighten you more on this PTDF issue.

Its Nigeria Oil & Gas Forum.

Hope it helps. All the best.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Frankolino(m): 12:08am On Dec 03, 2013
swiftrobin: Lets pause 4 a moment and reason...why would ptdf request 4 evidence of computer literacy skill? Is it that we would be required to do the calculations on a spread sheet, or what if the need to draw a diagram arises? Again, the essay writing, would it be written using MSword, knowing full well its a test of english ability and MSword has a feature that helps correct misspelt words and ungrammatical sentences. I doubt we'd use a computer for the essay (I stand to be corrected)
IMO i think we'd only use a computer for the objective or maybe subjective questions... The other sections would be on paper.
But i'm still tryna wrap my head around why an evidence of computer literacy is required.
I applied for Thermal Power and it seems the past questions flying around doesn't cover this discipline.

My brother, it seems there are no past questions on Thermal power ooo, SMH! Anyways, which option are you applying for, Gas Turbine or Rotating Machinery? God help us.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 03, 2013
Frankolino:

My brother, it seems there are no past questions on Thermal power ooo, SMH! Anyways, which option are you applying for, Gas Turbine or Rotating Machinery? God help us.
Gas turbine..
you got any texts on thermal engineering?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by spawne: 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2013
I just wish I'd find someone with a control systems option. Will the technical part be EE based or Process control? There is a difference I guess.
p.s Abeg who get control systems past question? Or who don write b4 make I know how e dey be?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Frankolino(m): 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
swiftrobin:
Gas turbine..
you got any texts on thermal engineering?
No I don't, but I suggest you read Applied Thermodynamics and browse through topics like Noise, Vibration and Machine Diagnostics, Rotordynamics, Stress Analysis of Machine components, bearing Design et al. You'll find materials on the net. I'm applying for Design of Rotating Machines but my chosen course is Rotating Machinery, Engineering and Management. Goodluck!
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by infoscope(m): 1:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark. Get the PAST QUESTIONS now

infoscope: For, those who have been clamouring for the format of the test, this is it;

The test consists of three parts.

Part one is the general paper which consists of 50 questions with multiple choice answers. You are advised not to make any guesses at the answers as you will lose mark for any incorrect answer.

Part two seeks to determine your ability to express yourself very well in English language. There are ten questions in this part but you are required to answer only one which is related to your area of specialization.

Part three is to test your technical competence. There are eight sections here, you are to chose the section that relates to your course of study.

Below are some of the general paper questions asked in the previous exams

THE FIRST COMMERCIAL DEEPWATER DISCOVERY IN NIGERIA IS
A.AGBAMI
B.AKPO
C.ABO
D.BONGA
E.IKEJA

WHEN WAS THE OLDEST UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA ESTABLISHED?
A.1948
B.1960
C.1962
D.1936
E.1952

A BOY IN A BARBER SHOP SITS BETWEEN 2 PARALLEL MIRRORS. HOW MANY
IMAGES OF HIMSELF WILL HE OBSERVE
A. 2
B. 1
C. 8
D. 200
E. 4

GET THE PAST QUESTIONS AT http://nigeriannewsportal.com/ptdf-oversea-scholarship-past-questions-and-answers/
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by ihuomaugonna: 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
[quote author=obaxlove]

bolarinwaobasanjo@hotmail.com. Thanks[/quote

pls if uv got the pasr questions and anwers,send to me via ihuomauonuoha@hotmail.com.thnks
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by ihuomaugonna: 4:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
eddyland:
pls send it, here is my mail eddybones@gmail.com
pls send to me ihuomauonuoha@hotmail.com
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by ihuomaugonna: 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
Amdan:

pls help send to my email danab.f2001@gmail.com
thanx a lot

pls help n send the past questions to me .ihuomauonuoha@hotmail.com
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by frudokafor(m): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
Can I change my test location to Port harcourt?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by modash(m): 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
good question,
can i change or postpone
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Carsonv(m): 11:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
Has anyone realized that Saturday 7 is sanitation in ph? What happens to those of us that have been scheduled before 10am?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Kudanis(m): 8:31am On Dec 04, 2013
Please there is nothing like section 3 in the PTDF aptitude test. It's only part 1 and part 2. Part 1 is the general paper while part 2 deals with the technical aspect in line with what you applied for.

Take note, there is NO essay in the PTDF aptitude test. The past questions that contain essay is about 9-10 years ago. I wrote last year PTDF aptitude so I know what I'm talking about. I have friends who wrote the test 2-3 years ago and they said there was NO essay. The questions (part 1 and part 2) have options from which you can choose correct answers.

Majority of the questions they asked last year in part 1 (general paper) is not in any of the past questions you can lay your hands on. Those questions were the first of its kind.

GOODLUCK to everyone and myself inclusive!!!

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Kudanis(m): 8:41am On Dec 04, 2013
Yes, Saturday from my understanding is "Sanitation" in PH and my exam is 8AM. Let's wait if they will cancel the Sanitation.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Carsonv(m): 9:19am On Dec 04, 2013
What kind of questions do they ask for Instrumentation and Control section? Too many calculations or just basic theory!
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by doziej84: 1:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
pls where is the lagos venue?
i was scheduled to write in PHC but i wont be able to make it to PHC, i intend to write mine in lagos.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by spawne: 5:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
Carsonv: What kind of questions do they ask for Instrumentation and Control section? Too many calculations or just basic theory!
Control systems obviously fall under this group right? Please i'd love to know what it entails if you find out. Also will the control questions be EE based or will they be process systems based(chemical engrng)?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Kudanis(m): 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
For those asking about "Control" question. Is there anything "Laplace" something or theorem in Control? Am not an Electrical and Electronic's student but I wrote Control in last year PTDF test. It's was like a movie to me.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Carsonv(m): 6:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
Kudanis: For those asking about "Control" question. Is there anything "Laplace" something or theorem in Control? Am not an Electrical and Electronic's student but I wrote Control in last year PTDF test. It's was like a movie to me.
Yes there is. What did they ask about laplace? What other concepts did they ask about?

I did Computer Engrg n didn't study Control in school so I'm just reading random. If you can remember any other concepts asked, it'd be great. Thanks
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Carsonv(m): 6:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
Kudanis: For those asking about "Control" question. Is there anything "Laplace" something or theorem in Control? Am not an Electrical and Electronic's student but I wrote Control in last year PTDF test. It's was like a movie to me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

List Of Professional Bodies (exams) In Nigeria / Top 10 Candidates In 2023 UTME As Announced By JAMB / Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.