Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,987 members, 7,919,149 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 10:34 PM

Why Do Believers Go Through Much Pain? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Believers Go Through Much Pain? (925 Views)

What Do Believers Get From God? In This Lifetime? / Why Do Believers Suffer? / Why Do Believers Suffer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Believers Go Through Much Pain? by graded: 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
Pls all,can somebody tell me why those that really want 2 serve God go through so much trials and pain?
Re: Why Do Believers Go Through Much Pain? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
Good evenning grade,

I really do not know what you mean by "trials" and "pains" because these terms can be relative. What might constitute trials and pains for you might just be another man's motivation and Joy.

What is clear is that Christ never promised his disciples a hitch-free journey. Life in itself is a struggle, irrespective of whether one is a Christian or not. What matters really is how one sees and face these "trials" and "pains".

A Christian should not see "trials" and "pains" as stumbling blocks on the path to happiness but rather these should be seen as opportunities to show God how much we love him and how faithful we can be to his cause.

Graded...these are challenges that tests our creativity and ability to achieve our goals. There is really no problem we cannot solve if we set our minds to it and work hard to achieve our goals. We just need to have a "can do" mentality. Work and pray!!!
Re: Why Do Believers Go Through Much Pain? by anonymoux: 6:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
Because, they don't know the truth about God....
Re: Why Do Believers Go Through Much Pain? by ooman(m): 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
anonymoux: Because, they don't know the truth about God....

what is the truth about God?
Re: Why Do Believers Go Through Much Pain? by anonymoux: 6:48pm On Mar 11, 2013
God is very simple.... It is impossible for God to give you a commandment.
Because he himself, cannot allow you to command him....

If God don't you to live on land, he simply would make you have gills instead nostril....
He won't give you nose and then tell not to live on land - that is evil....

God cannot give you a dic.k and then tell not to have sex - that is evil...
If he don't want you to have sex, he will simply not give you a dic.k... Simple!!!!! grin grin grin grin

That is the truth...
God don't want anyone to live on the any other planet, it simple remove oxygen from other planet, and make it unlivable... Plant and animal cannot survive there... nevertheless, if you can survive there, then you go there...

He don't man to go the sun, he simply make it very hot, so that one man want to go there - simple....
My creator is very simple.... He don't give commandmenst, at most, God will advice you. And he will never force you anything..... I no dey lie - but i know you will not believe....

there are 667 commandments in the bible.... No man can keep even half of them and not go insane
Re: Why Do Believers Go Through Much Pain? by ooman(m): 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
anonymoux: God is very simple.... It is impossible for God to give you a commandment.
Because he himself, cannot allow you to command him....

If God don't you to live on land, he simply would make have gills instead nose....
He won't give you nose and then tell not to on land - that is evil....

God cannot give you a dic.k and then tell not to have sex - that is evil...
If he don't want you to have sex, he will simply not give you a dic.k... Simple!!!!! grin grin grin grin

That is the truth...
God don't anyone to live on the any other planet, it simple remove oxygen from other planet, and make it unlivable... Plant and animal cannot survive there... neverless, if you survive, then you go there...

He don't man to go the sun, he simply make it very hot, so that one man want to go there - simple....
My creator is very simple.... He don't give commandment, at most, God give advice..... I no dey lie - but i know you will not believe....

there are 667 commandments in the bible.... No man can keep even half of them and not go insane

TOTAL AND COMPLETE NONSENSE.

SMH FOR WHOEVER INSANE HUMAN WROTE THE ABOVE
Re: Why Do Believers Go Through Much Pain? by anonymoux: 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
like i said, earlier, whats the point? you will not believe me
Re: Why Do Believers Go Through Much Pain? by ooman(m): 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
anonymoux: like i said, earlier, whats the point? you will not believe me

LMAO

you really want me to believe the sh.it you wrote above?? NOT EVEN THE XTIANS WILL BELIEVE YOU.
Re: Why Do Believers Go Through Much Pain? by tobechi20(m): 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2013
every one goes through pain ; both belivers, muslim, non theist ets
Re: Why Do Believers Go Through Much Pain? by Snowwy: 8:23pm On Mar 11, 2013
graded: Pls all,can somebody tell me why those that really want 2 serve God go through so much trials and pain?

@OP, it is because they get chastened often. QED

6-For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7-If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8-But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Hebrews 12:6-8

Christians go through more pain and delays in some cases as many times their absolute faith in Christ is put to the test. Much has been done for them because of the death of Christ for their sins and thus much more is expected of them when they need to trust God completely knowing God's ways and timing is not the same as man's ways/timing. When unbelievers take short cuts and crooked means to get their desires faster, the righteous have to endure hardness, pain, shame so as to get more renewed and enjoy a heavier weight of glory when God does it eventually. It gets to a point where they so much trust God, they lack or want nothing.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
2 Timothy 2:3-4
James 1:4

Besides, believers are always targeted by the enemy I.e. the devil as such they get to have more battles to fight.
In all this God's grace is always sufficient for us. And through it all the believer tends to experience God's love and faithfulness in all facets and areas of life.

The journey of the Israelites from Egypt to Canaan is a perfect example where God wanted to show the Israelites His love and faithfulness and groom them as His people but they could not really comprehend it, miracle after miracle yet all the saw ws the pain and suffering. I see the Christian life as an Israelite journey only that we have Christ and the Holy Spirit to guide us more.

(1) (Reply)

Why Haven't Our So-called "Men Of God" Called Mr. President To Order? / End Time Call / If You Were God, Would You Demand To Be Worshipped?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.