Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,883 members, 7,889,931 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:33 AM

The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony (5484 Views)

Photo: Document Showing How They Shared Our Common Patrimony @ NDDC / PDP Senatorial Candidate Decries Stealing Of Tribunal Evidences By APC Lawyers / Video: Delta Re-run: The Stealing Of Ballots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by dayokanu(m): 4:41am On Mar 13, 2013
Ikengawo:
LMFAO name one Yoruba producer that has signed a non Yoruba artist. Get real.

Kenny Ogungbe and Dayo Adeneye signed Kelechi Ogbonna Orji aka Kelly Handsome
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Tolexander: 5:06am On Mar 13, 2013
chyz:

Your example holds no water at ll, especially since the schools are overwhelmed with SE and SS natives. In fact, with this being the case along with the addition of the non-SW schools, there should be no reason whatsoever that the oil companies should be overflowing with Yorubas.
i think you need providing the fact to back up ur assertion of the south west schools overwhelmed by igbos.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Nobody: 5:24am On Mar 13, 2013
My girlfriend jst dumped me but thank god for Nl, y'all are keeping me entertained wink
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by tomakint: 7:21am On Mar 13, 2013
eggheaders:

fuccktard,if anyone from your enclave is as intelligent as the man you hurling insult at.alaigbo will not be in it present state of disrepair. peeps like you nitwit need to be hanged upside down till you kick the bucket.
...and this is a human-demon who claimed he did his NYSC in Igbo land? Perhaps he was taken care of by the Igbos, shown love by the Igbos and even had an Igbo girlfriend while 'serving' and now never saw anything good in them undecided AIRHEAD cool
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by IB5(f): 8:25am On Mar 13, 2013
seunny4lif: For the guy dat said igbos made up 40% on school in sw?Are u for real?Becos in my deprtmt in FUTA will only hav 12 non swner and 2 are igbos while the others are frm ND,Mid belt region and we are 120 in a class.....On every admission year names of student admitted are released on notice board and hardly hav I set my eyes on an igbo names....Last year convocation produced just 25 igbo names or it nt even up to 25 self becos futa no dey like many students for the school....If u hav anybody in FUTA,pls kind ask him or her.....And the same in OAU,IB,UNAD,AAUA,LAUTECH,UNILORIN,UNILAG and Uni of agric,Ogun state... these schls na die to get admission ooo

I don't know where these people are getting their statistics from.
Where I school in Lagos, in a department of 30+ we had only 2 igbo, one from Abia and the other from Imo. The Northerners we had were even more than the Igbos, two from Kaduna and the other from Nasarawa. The zone with the highest number of students behind the southwesterners is the Southsouth zone, with one from Cross-river, one from Akwa-Ibom, one from Bayelsa, two from Edo and two from Delta(1 Itsekiri & 1 Urobo may be). Then left with the Yorubas, in a place like Lagos they claimed they dominated.

They have forgotten that schools located in SouthWest have a quota which they must admit from the state hosting them. UI, OAU, Unilorin, Unilag, Lauthec and the rest admits 30% if I am correct of the indigenous students. Other 70% are left for outsiders with other SouthWest States included. How come Igbos admitted can now be more than 20%? I doubt if igbos admitted in any Southwest federal and state universities can be up to 10%. Southwest private instituions may be a bit higher though, which even the Yorubas admitted can't be less than 65%.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 13, 2013
tomakint:
...and this is a human-demon who claimed he did his NYSC in Igbo land? Perhaps he was taken care of by the Igbos, shown love by the Igbos and even had an Igbo girlfriend while 'serving' and now never saw anything good in them undecided AIRHEAD cool

. . .and aren't you the sub-human demon, from the land of greedy bastards claiming to be from southwest? What a low on inferiority complex metrix, trying to be what you are not.
Go around here and see the only people claiming others are from thesame side of the country.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by tomakint: 8:55am On Mar 13, 2013
koruji: You have lost your mind - ignoramous buffoon. At least you should learn to read and assimilate instead of regurgitating the hate they have being stuffing in that square head of yours since birth.
Thats d problem I always have with u folks always typically bent on sensitive issues, who rocks the joint in Mobil? Go to Eket, Akwa Ibom u'l c things urself, NNPC, Chevron and many other major oil industries you'l c that d op was right to a large extent, stop being myopic
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by tomakint: 9:01am On Mar 13, 2013
*556#:

. . .and aren't you the sub-human demon, from the land of greedy bastards claiming to be from southwest? What a low on inferiority complex metrix, trying to be what you are not.
Go around here and see the only people claiming others are from thesame side of the country.
ok dayokanu's almajiri, how business? undecided
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by eggheaders(m): 11:30am On Mar 13, 2013
tomakint:

hey andriod,it will make sense for you God forsaken animal to get off my back.not everyone is a leech he goat like you.going about looking for cheap mgbeke to bleep.and your constant beg beg attitude. all my stay there I independent and did'nt need anybody. grow up empty skull goon.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by tomakint: 1:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
eggheaders:

hey andriod,it will make sense for you God forsaken animal to get off my back.not everyone is a leech he goat like you.going about looking for cheap mgbeke to bleep.and your constant beg beg attitude. all my stay there I independent and did'nt need anybody. grow up empty skull goon.
ok airkead cool cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by eggheaders(m): 1:31pm On Mar 13, 2013
tomakint:
ok airkead cool cheesy cheesy cheesy

ok fucck your lineage.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by tomakint: 1:37pm On Mar 13, 2013
eggheaders:

ok fucck your lineage.
ok airhead cool cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by dayokanu(m): 3:35pm On Mar 13, 2013
I-B.:

I don't know where these people are getting their statistics from.
Where I school in Lagos, in a department of 30+ we had only 2 igbo, one from Abia and the other from Imo. The Northerners we had were even more than the Igbos, two from Kaduna and the other from Nasarawa. The zone with the highest number of students behind the southwesterners is the Southsouth zone, with one from Cross-river, one from Akwa-Ibom, one from Bayelsa, two from Edo and two from Delta(1 Itsekiri & 1 Urobo may be). Then left with the Yorubas, in a place like Lagos they claimed they dominated.

They have forgotten that schools located in SouthWest have a quota which they must admit from the state hosting them. UI, OAU, Unilorin, Unilag, Lauthec and the rest admits 30% if I am correct of the indigenous students. Other 70% are left for outsiders with other SouthWest States included. How come Igbos admitted can now be more than 20%? I doubt if igbos admitted in any Southwest federal and state universities can be up to 10%. Southwest private instituions may be a bit higher though, which even the Yorubas admitted can't be less than 65%.

Leave them make dem dey delude themselves.

Ibo 40% in the same Ife I went to or UI?

Some people need to be lobotomized
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by PaulJohn1: 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:

grin
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by seunny4lif(m): 9:14pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Sometimes I wonder where dem get there info from?Becos I dey travel within SW schls no be small and I hardly meet dem...Abi na UI OR IFE??Those two admission na heaven the thing dey oooo or lautech dat u most be 4rm osun or oyo state,same with unad and aaua....
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by seunny4lif(m): 9:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by ijawcitizen(m): 10:31pm On Mar 13, 2013
*556#:

Mr. little Shakespeare, no need for this poem. My loyalty lies with southwest and southwest alone. Even though, my mother is from riverine Ijaw and i grew up in Kaima, present Beyelsa State, but a man should stand in one position.
I just hope you're speaking for yourself and for yourself alone?

As for the others oil thieves from south west, south east and northern states, I'd be watching from the sidelines as you justify your crimes against the Niger Delta.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
ijaw citizen:

As for the others oil thieves from south west, south east and northern states, I'd be watching from the sidelines as you justify your crimes against the Niger Delta.

alj-harem, a chameleon will remain a chameleon
btw i need my own oil block

SE is under-represented in the league of oil thieves killing niger delta
i want to join the feast fully
aboki dash me one block na
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by free13: 11:31pm On Mar 13, 2013
Ngwakwe: Thank goodness, the debate is now in public domain.

Sooner or later, Nigerians will know the partial or whole truth.

Let the game continue.

Next

Why are yorubas always afraid of a national conference? last year when northern leaders said they wanted to leave nigeria, yoruba elders started begging them to stay. undecided undecided
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by dayokanu(m): 2:14am On Mar 14, 2013
free13:

Why are yorubas always afraid of a national conference? last year when northern leaders said they wanted to leave nigeria, yoruba elders started begging them to stay. undecided undecided

You should know who the cowards are the leeches who dont want a national conference. let me give you a clue, Check the news below and find out whcih region is missing
[size=14pt]
Leaders of the South West and South South geo-political zones had approached the President with a demand for a national dialogue, stating that the current spate of unrests in the country was a symptom of a “unitary Constitution foisted on Nigerian”.[/size]

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/%E2%80%98no-need-sovereign-national-conference%E2%80%99-%E2%80%93-jonathan
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by aljharem(m): 2:18am On Mar 14, 2013
re@lchange:

alj-harem, a chameleon will remain a chameleon
btw i need my own oil block

SE is under-represented in the league of oil thieves killing niger delta
i want to join the feast fully
aboki dash me one block na

Hmmmmm I am not ijaw citizen. Stop accusing everyone as Alj harem
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by chyz(m): 3:08am On Mar 14, 2013
C O N F I D E N T I A L ABUJA 002423

SIPDIS

SIPDIS

E.O. 12958: DECL: 09/10/2016
TAGS: PGOV ECON NI
SUBJECT: A YORUBA PLOT TO CONTROL NIGERIA'S ECONOMY?

REF: ABUJA 2335

Classified By: Ambassador John Campbell for Reasons 1.4 (b and d)

¶1. (C) Chief David Serena-Dokubo Spiff, an attorney for the
Halliburton subsidiary contracted for the Bonny Island LNG
project (ref A), requested a meeting with Ambassador to
discuss Bonny issues and the Delta situation in general.
After discussing the legal and community issues that had
forced a Halliburton subsidiary to suspend work on a Bonny
Island project, Spiff turned to the general situation in the
Niger Delta. He expressed little optimism that things would
improve soon.

¶2. (C) Spiff said that much of the problem is the result of
a "Yoruba plot." He echoed the longstanding complaints that
the Yorubas (from the southwest of Nigeria) control most of
the oil industry and much of Nigeria's economy. Spiff
blamed the Yoruba for scuttling an attempt to require more
local content in oil services, a plan that should have put
more business into the Niger delta and its indigenes. He
also noted that while indigenes "know that the Yorubas are
behind this," the international companies are much more
visible and provide the rallying point for the wide range of
complaints from the region.

¶3. (C) Spiff said the USG is seen as ignoring the problems
instead of being a "reliable proponent of democracy." Spiff
said that Rivers State Governor Peter Odili "could perhaps
resolve some of the issues" in the delta. However, he
continued, solving the problems would "impact negatively" on
Odili's presidential ambitions.

¶4. (C) COMMENT: Spiff's analysis of the situation tracks
with the general comments floating around the area for many
years, particularly the accusations against the Yoruba tribe.
The difference appears to be that the complaints are
becoming much more public.
CAMPBELL
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 14, 2013
ijaw citizen:

Who cares what you hope? And don't you see where I unequivocally said I'm from south west? Or don't you know there are Ijaws in south west? I said I grew up in Beyalsa and my mother is Ijaw from south west, how is that hard for you to understand? Seun Osawe, the owner of this site is an Ijaw man from Ogun State. The owner of Sahara Reporters, Sowore is an Ijaw man from south western Ondo State. My mother is Ijaw front south west, but relocated to Bayelsa State. Now, STFU.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Trailii: 6:53am On Mar 14, 2013
Who is dis idiot called ikengawo? So which tribe control the music industry? D likes of femi kuti, d'banj, asa, dare alade, davido, sam klef, olamide, wizkid, banky w, tiwa salvage, 9ice, olu maitain, shasha,brymo, kswith, da'grin, vector, rugged man,lynxx, wande cole mocheda, and d rest controls nigeria music industry. Tell me, are dos listed above ibo. Please reason before U̶̲̥̅̊

comment
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by free13: 10:24am On Mar 14, 2013
dayokanu:

You should know who the cowards are the leeches who dont want a national conference. let me give you a clue, Check the news below and find out whcih region is missing

Do not avoid the question. Did yoruba leaders beg their hausa masters to stay or not?
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by ijawcitizen(m): 5:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
*556#:

Who cares what you hope? And don't you see where I unequivocally said I'm from south west? Or don't you know there are Ijaws in south west? I said I grew up in Beyalsa and my mother is Ijaw from south west, how is that hard for you to understand? Seun Osawe, the owner of this site is an Ijaw man from Ogun State. The owner of Sahara Reporters, Sowore is an Ijaw man from south western Ondo State. My mother is Ijaw front south west, but relocated to Bayelsa State. Now, STFU.
IJAWS IN OGUN STATE?
I really doubt that!
In as much as YOU would like that to be true, you should know that we Ijaws are not covetous people, we don't claim what is not ours.

Now I understand how low ur level of intelligence is, it is obvious you're not so bright after all. I AM AN IJAW MAN AND I'M TELLING YOU THAT THERE ARE NO INDIGENOUS IJAWS IN OGUN STATE. Having said that, Seun Osewa of Nairaland is NOT AN IJAW MAN BUT YORUBA.

I know Mr. Sowore of Sahara Reporters is an Ijaw from Apoi Ijaw in Ondo State, something he himself still don't understand till this moment. He still thinks he is Yoruba. That is the Identity crisis most Apoi-Ijaw indigenes still face till today.

If not for the fact that Yorubas in Ondo state don't claim them as Yorubas but identify them as Ijaw even though their language and names has been Yorubanized. Unlike the Igbos who claim everything in the former Eastern Region as Igbo, they have already claimed Ndoki but they are still attempting to claim Ibani (bonny) and Opobo (Opubo-Ama) even when it is obvious that nothing in their cultural practices, language, way of life, names, history, festivals, attitude and customs suggest they are Igbos but suggest they are Ijaws.

I hope you've all learnt something new?
Shalom!
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
ijaw citizen:
IJAWS IN OGUN STATE?
I really doubt that!
In as much as YOU would like that to be true, you should know that we Ijaws are not covetous people, we don't claim what is not ours.

Now I understand how low ur level of intelligence is, it is obvious you're not so bright after all. I AM AN IJAW MAN AND I'M TELLING YOU THAT THERE ARE NO INDIGENOUS IJAWS IN OGUN STATE. Having said that, Seun Osewa of Nairaland is NOT AN IJAW MAN BUT YORUBA.

I know Mr. Sowore of Sahara Reporters is an Ijaw from Apoi Ijaw in Ondo State, something he himself still don't understand till this moment. He still thinks he is Yoruba. That is the Identity crisis most Apoi-Ijaw indigenes still face till today.

If not for the fact that Yorubas in Ondo state don't claim them as Yorubas but identify them as Ijaw even though their language and names has been Yorubanized. Unlike the Igbos who claim everything in the former Eastern Region as Igbo, they have already claimed Ndoki but they are still attempting to claim Ibani (bonny) and Opobo (Opubo-Ama) even when it is obvious that nothing in their cultural practices, language, way of life, names, history, festivals, attitude and customs suggest they are Igbos but suggest they are Ijaws.

I hope you've all learnt something new?
Shalom!

^
I'll have to advice you to stop wasting your megabytes on nairaland and start reading about your origin before making yourself look daft (sic).

Read below and expunge the ruminant of ignorance from your brain.

The Ijaws are indisputably one of the four largest ethnic groups
in the Nigerian state, with an estimated population of some 15
million people (the 1991 Federal Provisional Census put the
population of the Ijaws at 14 million, making the population of the
Ijaws far more than the population of 40 of the 53 independent
countries in the African continent and more than 134 out of the 191
independent countries in the world), occupying contiguously the
entire length and breadth of the Niger Delta region, and are
mischievously balkanized into the eight states of Akwa-Ibom,
Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Ondo, Ogun, and Lagos, thus making the
Ijaws a strikingly insignificant minority in many of these states.

http://www.ijawfoundation.org/beniebestate.htm

I HOPE YOU LEARNT SOMETHING NEW? Thank me later.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by saintohia: 7:06pm On Mar 16, 2013

Have imagined the reason, the North and SW don't support resource control?

The North and some group from SW don't want PIB passed?

SS should be completely awake, SE woke long time ago.

Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by ijawcitizen(m): 7:02pm On May 12, 2013
*556#:

^
I'll have to advice you to stop wasting your megabytes on nairaland and start reading about your origin before making yourself look daft (sic).

Read below and expunge the ruminant of ignorance from your brain.

http://www.ijawfoundation.org/beniebestate.htm

I HOPE YOU LEARNT SOMETHING NEW? Thank me later.
Thats really an eye opener, at least we learn everyday.

But I still won't believe you until you show me the names of the towns, villages & communities owned by Ijaws in Ogun & Lagos state.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by pazienza(m): 9:44pm On May 12, 2013
Trail ii: Who is dis idiot called ikengawo? So which tribe control the music industry? D likes of femi kuti, d'banj, asa, dare alade, davido, sam klef, olamide, wizkid, banky w, tiwa salvage, 9ice, olu maitain, shasha,brymo, kswith, da'grin, vector, rugged man,lynxx, wande cole mocheda, and d rest controls nigeria music industry. Tell me, are dos listed above ibo. Please reason before U̶̲̥̅̊

comment

P-square is a bigger and more popular african brand than all those names you listed. Not forgeting flavour.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by pazienza(m): 9:48pm On May 12, 2013
I have always wondered why yorubas defend Nigeria's unity. Now i know better.
If i were in their shoe,i would do the same.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Tigerhead: 1:26am On May 13, 2013
Really amusing to see these yorubas defend why they have captured and held hostage the oil industry. The ND and SS as a whole is awake now, so the end is near.

They employ only their fellow yorubas and pretend to be fair. Well we have their number now so no qualms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Honorable Patrick Obahiagbon Mourns Ex ASUU President With Big Grammar / What Is The Official Duty Of Yusuf Buhari / Eastern Minorities: Biafra Map To Be Redrawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.