Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,056 members, 7,970,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 03:50 AM

I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! (4199 Views)

I Lost My Man Because I Slept With So Many Men - The Real Reason He Left!!! / My Man’s Dad Smacked My Bum / 5 Weird Things Some Naija Girls Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by sweetcheecks(f): 5:37am On Mar 12, 2013
Help y'all, I just came back from a weekend visiit from my man and while cooking I saw a number of groceies from Naija which some relatives brought him when they were visiting.

He has never cooked this food for me and i have never seen him eat it in all the time i have been with him. Probably he does eat it sometime but not when I am there. I think maybe he thinks i will not like it or will not be used to it.

I asked him about the food and why he never cooks it for me, he said he has not done that in ages and that he stopped becouse yam makes him gain weight. He was pleasantly supprised that i even knew some of the food especially yam and garri.

I am planning my next visit on the week of his birthday. And want to learn how to do some dishes for him as a supprise. I want to cook and make sure it is all ready when he comes home for lunch. So, I need your help people.

I have already done my research and think I can do the eba(fufu) with the Poundo yam. Please help me with the right language as well for the dishes couse he is Yoruba.

I was also thinking of making egusi soup and pepper soup.

A garri drink would also be nice as a wash down.

Now I need the recieps and ingridients and cooking time so I can plan the lunch well.

Please also let me know how one serves the food, the whole process. smiley I am soo smilling while writting this couse it's going to blow him away. I will really make his day. kiss

I cook for him all the time, he knows I am a great cook but i do not think he would have ever imagined (even in his wildest dreams) me wipping some Naija dishes.

Please no jokers or insults please, just wanna make someone I love very much, smile.

Oh! And no chancers, if you not very good at the cooking part you can help on the language and serving etc.

Thank y'all in advance for being sport.
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by ThePredator: 6:08am On Mar 12, 2013
Ok! I'll teach you how to cook Nigerian Meals... What's next?
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by sweetcheecks(f): 6:16am On Mar 12, 2013
The Predator: Ok! I'll teach you how to cook Nigerian Meals... What's next?
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by ThePredator: 6:28am On Mar 12, 2013
sweetcheecks:

LOL! How do u want us to help you?
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by Caracta(f): 6:32am On Mar 12, 2013
Awwww. This is nice. I don't get the "garri drink" part...you mean like a juice or dessert?

Do you know the names of the items he has for the cooking, so we can help you put them together? We need to know what we are working with.
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by sweetcheecks(f): 6:33am On Mar 12, 2013
The Predator:
LOL! How do u want us to help you?

I want to learn to cook the poundo yam, soups and garri drink.
Y can load some recieps if you have them. Please! sad
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by sweetcheecks(f): 6:36am On Mar 12, 2013
Caracta: Awwww. This is nice. I don't get the "garri drink" part...you mean like a juice or dessert?

Do you know the names of the items he has for the cooking, so we can help you put them together? We need to know what we are working with.

Lol, I am not sure really, I sually hear people say they also drink garri? I might be wrong. Please help me. If not garri what the best traditional drink or appropriate drink?

What i could recognise was the Poundo yam ( flour ), Garri, palm Oil, the banana like veg, not sure about others but not to worry will check if not there I will go buy at the market that sell them. So just keep them coming i will find them.
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by Caracta(f): 6:45am On Mar 12, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Lol, I am not sure really, I sually hear people say they also drink garri? I might be wrong. Please help me. If not garri what the best traditional drink or appropriate drink?
Well, i don't know what he likes. He would find it funny and appreciate it though...coming from a non-nigerian. The other local drinks i can recommend for you would probably be far within your reach e.g. zobo, kunu, soya milk, etc.

Garri for lunch, after a meal, is not really a romantic idea (i think). You can make the drink for him any other day. Surprise him. Soak a little in very chilled water and bring to him. I bet you it would always be remembered by him. Garri shouldn't be kept in water for too long.
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by sweetcheecks(f): 6:51am On Mar 12, 2013
Caracta:
Well, i don't know what he likes. He would find it funny and appreciate it though...coming from a non-nigerian. The other local drinks i can recommend for you would probably be far within your reach e.g. zobo, kunu, soya milk, etc.i

Garri for lunch, after a meal, is not really a romantic idea (i think). You can make the drink for him any otheir day. Surprise him. Soak a little in very chilled water and bring to him. I bet you it would always be remembered by him. Garri shouldn't be kept in water for too long.

What is zobo made out of? And kunu? Soya milk i know and i can get at Woolworths.

When can you serve garri? How long should you soak it for. Do you serve it in a cereal dish or cup/ glass. What are the right measurement for the soak? You can use cups and table spoonsas measurements directions.

Sorry, I am really clueless.
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by xynerise: 6:55am On Mar 12, 2013
Which one is garri drink? undecided
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by sweetcheecks(f): 6:58am On Mar 12, 2013
xynerise: Which one is garri drink? undecided

No, I think there is no garri drink. It was my mistake. smiley
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by Caracta(f): 6:58am On Mar 12, 2013
Zobo has a leaf that looks "reddish" in colour. Kunu's seed is mostly found in the Northern part of Nigeria. Soya milk would be perfect (i hope you can make it well grin)

Is the colour of your garri white or yellow? Put three or four tablespoons of garri in a cup. Add chilled water, sugar, groundnut, milk (optional). Stir and serve immediately. grin
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by Caracta(f): 7:00am On Mar 12, 2013
xynerise: Which one is garri drink? undecided
There is garri drink. Do you chew raw garri?
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by xynerise: 7:01am On Mar 12, 2013
The fastest way is to wash your 'Abunna' inside the food and he will love you more. grin
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by sweetcheecks(f): 7:02am On Mar 12, 2013
Caracta: Zobo has a leaf that looks "reddish" in colour. Kunu's seed is mostly found in the Northern part of Nigeria. Soya milk would be perfect (i hope you can make it well grin)

Is the colour of your garri white or yellow? Put three or four tablespoons of garri in a cup. Add chilled water, sugar, groundnut, milk (optional). Stir and serve immediately. grin

Soya milk, make it well? Its sold as soy milk. What should i make with it?

The garri is white. Okay, i think i saw a you tube video on that. Its like cereal to have in the morning?
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by xynerise: 7:02am On Mar 12, 2013
Caracta:
There is garri drink. Do you chew raw garri?
Yes na. Does garri drink has a pack like 5alive drink? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by Caracta(f): 7:04am On Mar 12, 2013
xynerise: The fastest way is to wash your 'Abunna' inside the food and he will love you more. grin
Eeeeew. Don't teach her bad things. She go dey think say na wetin we dey do for naija be that. I love women that go extra miles to make their men happy. It gives me great joy grin
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by sweetcheecks(f): 7:06am On Mar 12, 2013
xynerise: The fastest way is to wash your 'Abunna' inside the food and he will love you more. grin

What is " Abunna" ? That does not sound clean And I do not want him to love me more for this, am very happy the way he loves me just wanna make his day exceptionally wonderful. What part of this do you NOT understand undecided
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by Caracta(f): 7:06am On Mar 12, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Soya milk, make it well? Its sold as soy milk. What should i make with it?

The garri is white. Okay, i think i saw a you tube video on that. Its like cereal to have in the morning?
Ok...i understand. I make my own soy milk from the seed. You can get the processed one...less stress.

Garri is carbohydrate. Make sure you don't make large quantity
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 12, 2013
lmao.... babe make sure you know what you wanna prepare fa, that garri drink made me laff in Chinese, cross it out o. its faaarr from what you have in mind trust me. kunu could be a little too difficult, but you can search it on google, and also search zobo, if not possible, you can make a simple fruit juice or soya milk if he likes it, (like cara said!) instead of the garri juice myluv grin
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by sweetcheecks(f): 7:10am On Mar 12, 2013
xynerise:
Yes na. Does garri drink has a pack like 5alive drink? undecided
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by sweetcheecks(f): 7:12am On Mar 12, 2013
Caracta:
Ok...i understand. I make my own soy milk from the seed. You can get the processed one...less stress.

Garri is carbohydrate. Make sure you don't make large quantity

Got it.

Wow make soy milk from the seed. Will investigate and see. But plan B is processed.
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by Caracta(f): 7:13am On Mar 12, 2013
Funny enough, the garri idea is thrilling. It would make him laugh and appreciate the fact that she tried something out of the ordinary. I like it o. I can imagine the look on the guy's face. Classic!

1 Like

Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by sweetcheecks(f): 7:16am On Mar 12, 2013
baibijay: lmao.... babe make sure you know what you wanna prepare fa, that garri drink made me laff in Chinese, cross it out o. its faaarr from what you have in mind trust me. kunu could be a little too difficult, but you can search it on google, and also search zobo, if not possible, you can make a simple fruit juice or soya milk if he likes it, (like cara said!) instead of the garri juice myluv grin
grin grin wink

Okay garri drink, dropped. Not making garri drink. shocked
I am more confused with the garri drink dont know idf it exists or not. Lol. Guess its complicated! wink
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by Caracta(f): 7:16am On Mar 12, 2013
sweetcheecks:
Got it.
Wow make soy milk from the seed. Will investigate and see. But plan B is processed.
My dear, that's what happens when you have someone that doesn't like processed drinks. Even my juice is home-made.
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by sweetcheecks(f): 7:18am On Mar 12, 2013
Caracta: Funny enough, the garri idea is thrilling. It would make him laugh and appreciate the fact that she tried something out of the ordinary. I like it o. I can imagine the look on the guy's face. Classic!

grin grin grin,
LWKLM, he was going to say only me could master a garri drink. I will tell him about the garri drink after the meal. Just for loughs cheesy
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by Caracta(f): 7:18am On Mar 12, 2013
sweetcheecks:
grin grin wink

Okay garri drink, dropped. Not making garri drink. shocked
I am more confused with the garri drink dont know idf it exists or not. Lol. Guess its complicated! wink
Oh no...it is not. You can make it any other day. Not necessarily on his birthday. If he didn't like it or laugh, come to naija and give me a hard knock on my cute head. I'm serious.

1 Like

Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by NobiGod: 7:24am On Mar 12, 2013
OP go to Youtube and check practical guide to Nigerian dishes. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by xynerise: 7:29am On Mar 12, 2013
sweetcheecks:

What is " Abunna" ? That does not sound clean And I do not want him to love me more for this, am very happy the way he loves me just wanna make his day exceptionally wonderful. What part of this do you NOT understand undecided

No cause me o grin
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by mecussey(m): 7:30am On Mar 12, 2013
Op dont tell me he was also born on the 13th
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by sweetcheecks(f): 7:50am On Mar 12, 2013
Caracta:
Oh no...it is not. You can make it any other day. Not necessarily on his birthday. If he didn't like it or laugh, come to naija and give me a hard knock on my cute head. I'm serious.

Thanks sweetie, you got me loughing early in the morning. grin

Imagine the mass, coz I was probably going to soak the garri and put in the fridge for a while before serving. Lol. Imagine his face after tasting. grin cheesy cheesy
Re: I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! by temi4fash(m): 7:53am On Mar 12, 2013
av u considered d soup u will make wit..

cos meals lik pounded yam n equal has to go wit a soup to b perfectly enjoyed....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let’s Discuss: Can A Relationship Survive Without Sex? / How Often Should You Tell A Girl You Love That You Love Her? / Thread closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.