Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,131 members, 7,880,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:36 PM

FG Wants Boko Haram Insurgency To Continue – El Rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Wants Boko Haram Insurgency To Continue – El Rufai (833 Views)

FG Wants Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project – Buhari / Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. / FG Wants 10 Billion Naira For Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Wants Boko Haram Insurgency To Continue – El Rufai by Sibrah: 6:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nasir El-Rufai has accused the Federal Government of wanting the Boko Haram insurgency to continue for selfish reasons.

Speaking on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily, Mr El-Rufai faulted President Goodluck Jonathan’s statement suggesting that members of the Boko Haram group are ghosts.

He said, “over a thousand Boko Haram operatives are in the custody of the SSS here in Abuja,” hence the Government cannot claim to not know who the terrorists are. He added that he knows the government has a lot of information about the Islamist group.

“What is lacking is the will to address this issue. I think the government just wants this to continue because it is profitable for the security agencies to have huge budgets, most of which is stolen.” He said.

The former minister also said that the government which has over time requested the help of people such as himself, the Sultan of Sokoto and the Borno Elder’s Council, in talking to the extremist group has also accused them of being ‘Boko Haram Sympathisers.’

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/03/12/fg-wants-boko-harams-insurgency-to-continue-el-rufai/
Follow the link for full video of interview.
Re: FG Wants Boko Haram Insurgency To Continue – El Rufai by Sibrah: 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
Now i see why you made list of public figures who need to shut up in 2013!!!
Re: FG Wants Boko Haram Insurgency To Continue – El Rufai by saintohia: 7:02pm On Mar 12, 2013

El Rufai, what have you an other Northern leaders done to stop Boko Haram?

There would be no amnesty for Boko Haram, you and others in the North should put that in your skulls.

What is BH fighting / killing for?

1 Like

Re: FG Wants Boko Haram Insurgency To Continue – El Rufai by Omexonomy: 7:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
Little by little they will destroy the north

2 Likes

Re: FG Wants Boko Haram Insurgency To Continue – El Rufai by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
I think those calling for amnesty left right and centre should advise how the Government can fund these programmes while also meeting its responsibilities to the loyal citizens

At this rate I think we need a special budget for emerging terror gangs . . . because am pretty sure if Boko Harram or whoever their representatives are paid to keep quiet another terror group will emerge and also try to get paid!
Re: FG Wants Boko Haram Insurgency To Continue – El Rufai by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 12, 2013
I watched the interview this morning on Channels and i can say El rufai made valid comments about Boko haram. How can boko haram members be termed as Ghosts when you have their members are being arrested and detained? What stops the FG and the SSS to get information about the sponsors of Boko haram and get them arrested. Jonathan indeed knows who the sponsors of Boko haram are but has decided to become a coward by not facing reality. Who are then the casualties of Boko haram insurgences ? The innocent Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: FG Wants Boko Haram Insurgency To Continue – El Rufai by akaOpene(m): 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2013
In as much one finds it inappropriate that amnesty should be extended to Bokoharam terrorists owing to their atricities,i feel those suggesting amnesty for them are doing so because there seems to be no end in sight to their insurgency.
Innocent people are being killed everyday and the use of force seems not to be yielding the desired results.I think we should rather dwell on proffering other solutions if the grater majority of Nigerians are against amnesty for them.I am all for a solution that will prevent further loss of innocent lives of Nigerians.
Re: FG Wants Boko Haram Insurgency To Continue – El Rufai by Sibrah: 11:58am On Sep 02, 2021
Times have changed. El rufai is now the government.
Re: FG Wants Boko Haram Insurgency To Continue – El Rufai by googlepikins: 8:35am On Oct 10, 2021
We all know that

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka And Desmond Tutu Of South Africa(photo) / Gov Chime Presents 2013 Range Rovers To Her Daughter In Law As Wedding Gift / It's The Northern Elders That Declared War On The North - Chxta's Blog. Agree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.