Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,708 members, 7,972,620 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 02:18 PM

Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers - NYSC (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers (56454 Views)

Ogun State Corp Members Decamped For Sexual Activities. / Decamped From Nysc Batch C 2014 Camp: My Story / Female Corper Decamped For Slapping A Male Corper in Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by simongonner: 7:58am On Mar 13, 2013
If u gv her type post 4 political office,na dem go steal pass...
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by CaptRewa(m): 7:59am On Mar 13, 2013
This NYSC people should learn to respect people's religious beliefs and choices.
@poster, No!!! the NYSC will not respect ur religious beliefs when it comes to dress code, morealso, ur choices cease to exist when u're a corper
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by almajiri101: 8:00am On Mar 13, 2013
hassey: asking d question of d musleem sis dat put on hijab in camp. Am sure for dos of u wo av attended camp b4 will agree wit me dat d hijab is white and not dat long! D long one is wear wen ever dey ar goin for prayers. Again remember d hijab colour is white which is d same colour wit d white vest dey wear.questioning dat is like questioning verious corpers wo wear short outside d one given to dem by nysc. In camp u c guys and d ladies wearing d shorts dey bought which dey beliv will giv dem beter look.so if u question d hijab dem u should as well question dat. Also in d case of d lady wo prefer skirt to trouser d truth is wen dat is allowed am sure our women will abuse it by wearing mini skirts dat will show up dere precious body. Even wit d short if u c d kind of short sum girls put on, my god it look like underwear
nothing like hijabs in camp except on sundays.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Mekky2010: 8:03am On Mar 13, 2013
I only disapprove of the time they sent such a "holy"person out, at an "unholy" time of the night.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Mariojane(f): 8:03am On Mar 13, 2013
There is nothing wrong wit trousers even d bible say we shud obey d law of our country.a similar tin happen in my local govt here when d lady turn her khaki trouser to skirt she was told to change it or else she won't b allow to do clearance.she lata borrow trouser nd change d skirt.God allow d country to give laws so obey it.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by searay(m): 8:03am On Mar 13, 2013
tintingz: dsame way a man garment is diff from that of woman own. . . .and you should know that trousers are meant for men not for women...except she put on trouser and cover her bum bum(now thats religious/modesty) grin

Btw i didnt say the female coper must wear skirt in camp...
Modesty should have been a major issue here, but no.
Baggy trousers do not expose the women's asset unlike the tight fitting ones whing clings to the female's body, the same way a tight fitting skirts will do.
I believe a baggy trouser can cover the female's body more than a skirt except long ones.
You can go through 1Tim 2:9-10; 1Ptr 3:3
http://www.godrules.net/articles/modest-apparel.htm
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 13, 2013
deols: I am ashamed for all d christians against this lady. You all are d real hypocrites. Smh

You are against decency? Unbelievable
You are right dear, it's a shame, really. smiley

The fact that she was asked to leave the camp at 11pm was so uncalled for.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by almajiri101: 8:07am On Mar 13, 2013
deols: I am ashamed for all d christians against this lady. You all are d real hypocrites. Smh

decency or hypocrisy?

Sorry babe what does a clarion call expression mean?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by anukulapo: 8:07am On Mar 13, 2013
As far as I am concerned (though I am not talking about this trouser issue) if NYSC won't respect people's religious belief,they should scrap all religious activities. These beliefs existed before NYSC.

If the camp adds pork as meat to the food served to corp members, would our muslim brethren eat it? Does that mean they are forming "holier than thou"
If 50% of the corp members are pork eating members,would the 50% muslims go to hell if they eat the pork?

Let's be objective and respect individual beliefs.

Even in the armed forces and the civil police,there are women who still wear skirt(for whatever reason,I don't know) so...
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by ratchy: 8:07am On Mar 13, 2013
emmatok: But Muslims women wears Hijab in Camp
does it look lyk skirt?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by AmeLonRo(m): 8:17am On Mar 13, 2013
Am aware that corp ,members are allowed to wear skirt in lieu of trousers. What happenened now?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by tintingz(m): 8:20am On Mar 13, 2013

unbelievable...really ashamed
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by deols(f): 8:20am On Mar 13, 2013
rhymz: where intellect fails, you resort to meaningless side talk and distraction. Abeg go bathe begin go school you dis small JSS 3 girl.

It doesnt change ur status as dumb.Last I check, I wasnt debating with you.

And btw, intelligence must be really not worth it if the gibberish you have been typing is what defines it.

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Inik(m): 8:21am On Mar 13, 2013
sureteeboy: some of you don't know what you are writing. It's a great pity billions of people are going to hell. Who told you wearing a trouser is allowed in christianity. Deut 22:5 says " A WOMAN SHALL NOT WEAR THAT WHICH PERTAINETH UNTO A MAN...... .
It's a great pity this country is in what it is by just copying a nation controlled by devil (USA) .do you obey God or the government?
You people just twist the scriptures to suit your doctrines. What is the yardstick for determining "what pertains to a man"? Do you know that female trousers exist? have you seen female military/para-military personnel wearing skirts? have you seen female corporate executives wearing trouser suits? In western countries where the weather is terribbly cold women do not wear trousers to protect themselves from the cold? I guess all of them are sinners to you
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by fpeter(f): 8:23am On Mar 13, 2013
fubbyy: Didn't she knew trouser is what she would wear in camp?Why should she refuse to wear trouser? What's wrong with trouser? the remaining thousands that wore it will go to hell abi?
.......'KNEW' grin shocked
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by yomex8(m): 8:23am On Mar 13, 2013
Well i dont see anytin bad in that, cos she ought to have known that she would be putting on trouser during her N.y.s.c orientation exercise.. Let us put religious belief aside and say the fact.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by almajiri101: 8:25am On Mar 13, 2013
Oahray: lol. Stif-necked ignorance. Many peeps have posted on this thread about ladies wearing hijabs IN CAMP the north and even about a catholic sister wearing her blue catholic dress IN CAMP, but since you are all-knowing, you can rightly claim that NOBODY in any camp dresses differently. Nice!
Those pictures are from CDS. It would never happened in any camp where all activities are running by military men.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by LeOstrich: 8:25am On Mar 13, 2013
which is easier to remove skirt or trouser?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by deols(f): 8:27am On Mar 13, 2013
almajiri101: decency or hypocrisy?

Sorry babe what does a clarion call expression mean?

Who cares?

Cant the rule or law be changed?

Some people never grow or develop in real life because of always accepting status quo. No. I challenge status quo all the time and get away with it.

I await anyone who wouldnt allow me serve my motherland because of one silly trousers.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by meerah25(f): 8:31am On Mar 13, 2013
Lol. . .but its only for 3weeks,now she ll waste a year at home!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Eneze1(f): 8:32am On Mar 13, 2013
she knew what she was getting into before accepting her call up letter, it is clearly stated in the bible to obey constituted authorities, my mum is a staunch Deeperlife member (a coordinator) and she works with the para military, there was a time she had to go for a one year training and throughout they had to put on trousers there, she did put it on, even snap pictures with it, which doesn't make her less believer, the lady in question took the whole thing too far and if its true she was sent out at that time of the night its really uncalled for.

3 Likes

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by TechyGuy: 8:33am On Mar 13, 2013
almajiri101: you have a comprehension problem, those pictures are CDS not camp, once you are out of camp, ur damn free to wear anything but in camp nobody dresses diferently,if not white then it must be khaki no hijabs, coloured knickers except on sundays. Stop arguing brother.

Sorry, that is MOST LIKELY how they dressed in camp! I served in the North and had many in my camp! Don't say what you don't know!

And by the way, you cannot go for CDS or any NYSC office dressing the way you liked! Ever heard of 5/5 or 4/5 in NYSC term. Sorry but you sound like a kid in school yet to go for service, no disrespect intended.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by almajiri101: 8:34am On Mar 13, 2013
deols:

Who cares?

Cant the rule or law be changed?

Some people never grow or develop in real life because of always accepting status quo. No. I challenge status quo all the time and get away with it.

I await anyone who wouldnt allow me serve my motherland because of one silly trousers.
Don't just try those stewpid stuff of yours with military men in camp, you try it ur left leg is out. You can only deceive or ride your God with your hypocrisy, dare not mess with military men.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Sissie(f): 8:36am On Mar 13, 2013
almajiri101: Those pictures are from CDS. It would never happened in any camp where all activities are running by military men.
I don't know where u got your information from, but muslims wear and are allowed to wear hijab in camps. the only rules are: it must be white and not too long.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by TechyGuy: 8:37am On Mar 13, 2013
hassey: asking d question of d musleem sis dat put on hijab in camp. Am sure for dos of u wo av attended camp b4 will agree wit me dat d hijab is white and not dat long! D long one is wear wen ever dey ar goin for prayers. Again remember d hijab colour is white which is d same colour wit d white vest dey wear.questioning dat is like questioning verious corpers wo wear short outside d one given to dem by nysc. In camp u c guys and d ladies wearing d shorts dey bought which dey beliv will giv dem beter look.so if u question d hijab dem u should as well question dat. Also in d case of d lady wo prefer skirt to trouser d truth is wen dat is allowed am sure our women will abuse it by wearing mini skirts dat will show up dere precious body. Even wit d short if u c d kind of short sum girls put on, my god it look like underwear

You are not correct. I had many muslims wearing hijab totally covered in black! See the pix by Oahray.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by almajiri101: 8:38am On Mar 13, 2013
TechyGuy:

Sorry, that is MOST LIKELY how they dressed in camp! I served in the North and had many in my camp! Don't say what you don't know!

And by the way, you cannot go for CDS or any NYSC office dressing the way you liked! Ever heard of 5/5 or 4/5 in NYSC term. Sorry but you sound like a kid in school yet to go for service, no disrespect intended.
where in the north ? Did you mean they dress like that to parade ground or on sundays. No one is allowed to dress like that from mon to sat. Bros that's a big lie.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by silayo2008: 8:38am On Mar 13, 2013
Her faith and believe should be respected.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Reference(m): 8:39am On Mar 13, 2013
I hate to see these sorts of blatant antagonism against institutions. If you want to fight, fight policies not rules. Once you've accepted the policy then obey the rules period. She knows what the NYSC is all about. A year of SACRIFICE and SERVICE to your country. If you can't do it simply stay away and forsake the benefits.

She doesn't want to obey the rules so she wants those who are in charge of that camp to break them and perhaps lose their jobs abi. How is that fair.

Finally there is absolutely nothing in scripture that supports that action. Jesus came to set us free from the law and its consequences. We are saved by grace through faith and not by obedience to man made or heavenly made laws. If you tell Jesus that you are mandated to wear trousers at camp, He will NEVER tell you to disobey statutory authorities. This is truth but many Christians think they can impress God by intransigence. You miss it girl. Big time.

2 Likes

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by punche(m): 8:41am On Mar 13, 2013
rodeo0070: 11:00PM? Gosh!!!

I don't believe that 11pm story... Its a frame up. These guys r human and they won't do such.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by kenzspunpy(m): 8:43am On Mar 13, 2013
I lay the blame squarely at the foot of the NYSC authorities! What was the main objective of the scheme? Is it not to instil para-military training into young graduates and also foster national integration? Where on earth do u see para-military outfits wear hijabs or skirts? For the authorities to have allowed hijabs, based on religious grounds, they should allow skirts based on same grounds. Period! In fact, if my faith says I should go naked, so be it!!
But I think the authorities got it wrong by not setting standards required of the scheme. Rules should be rules. If u can't abide by the rules, then don't go for youth service. To bend for one is to bend for all. NYSC should sort this mess by coming out with standard rules and guidelines required of the scheme. It's as simple as that....
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by almajiri101: 8:44am On Mar 13, 2013
silayo2008: Her faith and believe should be respected.
clarion call must also be obeyed.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by TechyGuy: 8:45am On Mar 13, 2013
Oahray: yeah yeah, you are free to call me vile names when you have no real reply to my questions. How does this post show that she was not resilient like I said earlier? You misuse the word 'hypocrisy'. Na english dey confuse you.

On to more important matters... How about others who did not take exemption letters, but did not wear trousers instead?
Like...
[img]http://4.bp..com/-VlTevsM2b_0/T__nrrqQrGI/AAAAAAAAALo/jfSnGgeHK6w/s400/Nysc%2Bskirt.jpg[/img]
or...
[img]http://i.pixs.ru/storage/9/2/4/11jpg_9772722_6681924.jpg[/img]

Bruv, don't mind those who don't have facts and just talking! I do not support the doctrine the lady held but that she could sacrifice NYSC for her faith, mehn! she deserves commendation for her faith! I am challenged!

This is what she was holding to:
Deuteronomy 22:5
5 “A woman must not put on men’s clothing,
and a man must not wear women’s clothing.
Anyone who does this is detestable in the
sight of the Lord your God.

The doctrine has wrongly ascribed trouser to man's "type" of cloth and also forgotten that was part of the law to Isreal in the wilderness. It actually was instructing WIVES not to use their HUSBANDS clothes with the intention to be seen as a man and vise versa for men.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Medlin Chisom, Corper Faces Sexual Assault, Threatenes To Report Her Director / Ogun Female Corper Dies Of Ulcer (Photos) / Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.