Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,685 members, 7,972,551 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 12:46 PM

Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (45349 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari / Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Fhemmmy: 7:54pm On Mar 13, 2013
IBnatty: The new pope is one of these cardinals below.
Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan. 63. He is the Archbishop of New York.
2. Cardinal Peter Erdo. 60. Archbishop of Estergom- Budapest.
3. Cardinal Sean P. O'Malley. 68. Archbishop of Boston
4. Cardinal Marc Ouellet. 68 (from Canada). Head of the Vatican's office for bishops.
5. Cardinal Leonardo Sandri. 69. (from Argentina) Head of the Vatican department for Eastern Churches.
6. Cardinal Odilo Pedro Scherer. 63. Archbishop of Sao Paulo
7. Cardinal Angelo Scola. 71. Archbishop of Milan.(I've this hunch that he will be the next Pope though not my favourite candidate).
8. Cardinal Luis Anthonio G. Tagle. 55. Archbishop of Manilla. Philippines.(He is the 2nd youngest cardinal participated in this enclave, My personal favourite)
DATS JUST MY HUNCH THOUGH

I thought the Ghanaian gentleman was listed as a possible Pope as well . . .
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
jaymdee:
Hi 10,s cool
grin
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by sunnshyn(f): 7:56pm On Mar 13, 2013
4. Cardinal Marc Ouellet. 68 (from Canada). Head of the Vatican's office for bishops.
5. Cardinal Leonardo Sandri. 69. (from Argentina) Head of the Vatican department for Eastern Churches.
7. Cardinal Angelo Scola. 71. Archbishop of Milan.(I've this hunch that he will be the next Pope though not my favourite candidate).
8. Cardinal Luis Anthonio G. Tagle. 55. Archbishop of Manilla. Philippines.(He is the 2nd youngest cardinal participated in this enclave, My personal favourite)

How come you left out Cardinal Peter Turkson from Ghana? he is also 'pope-able'

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Fhemmmy: 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2013
sunnshyn:

How come you left out Cardinal Peter Turkson from Ghana?

My question as well . . . .
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by IgweOO(m): 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2013

Yea, no 8 on your list has been my guess. #We wait and see.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by teeceexx: 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
“Habemus Papam!”
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by IgweOO(m): 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
Igwe OO: Habemus Papam..Habemus Papam..Habemus Papam..

But come to think of it, Catholic church can be very secretive. Who could believe that "like 30 mins after we saw the white, no one knows who the elected Pope is".
Any how, God bless the Pope and lead him as well to guide your Church.

Not even the all big CNN knows who until now...
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
what kind of nigerian time are they doing ?? open the doorrrssss
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by kokoA(m): 8:02pm On Mar 13, 2013
byrron: Let them keep deluding themselves by heralding paganism and some occultic and unscriptural rituals.
No wonder the bible says that the judgement is actually gona start from the so called house of God which signifies that more attrocities are been commited right in there.
Not supprised at all, the book of revelation done talk am tey tey say na like dis e go b

why won't you just mind your business. 1.2billion people can't be wrong. Who gave you right to Judge? Besides, this thread is for catholics and friends of cotholics to celebrate the new father of the church, if you ain't one of these, why don't you keep quiet please?

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Sijo01(f): 8:03pm On Mar 13, 2013
Here comes the new..........
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by naptu2: 8:03pm On Mar 13, 2013
Last week it was "the College of Cardinals, Alfred Martins our bishop", who shall it be next week? May God guide him.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by honeric01(m): 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
so what exactly should we do? Is this going to stop people from going to hell or heaven or what?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by sunnshyn(f): 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
i thought the announcement would come 1hr after the white smoke has been seen...if they arent announcing tonight, beg make i go sleep ooo...Viva il papa...
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
I heard that dis pope would be the last n i hope he is nt a beast. I am nt a catholic member anyways
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
the lights are on
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by ccollins(m): 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
he is no 666 right?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Morgan1092(m): 8:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
Arysexy: Breaking NEWS now on AIT! NEW POPE EMERGES! watch live on AIT now! VIVA POPE!
Are u watchn 4rm Antenna? #jst asking# no offense
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
waiting anxiously 4 d announcemt..
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by desthan(m): 8:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
if the last, then He must be the black dude. . .
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Fhemmmy: 8:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
Most popular balcony of the hour . . . .

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by daywatcher: 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
did the white smoke miraculously appear or did someone have to physically generate it?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by IBnatty(m): 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
adaobi123: what kind of nigerian time are they doing ?? open the doorrrssss
The Holy Roman catholic Church is very organised. The new Pope wil have to pray with fellow enclave participants and then he will be robed in papal regalia. You cant just push him to face rather hurrriedly. There are procedures & what they're following.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by dridowu: 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
Vatican City on ma mind , let pop champgne 4 d new pope. Congrat bros
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
No black pope . . . No more offertory and harvest from me!
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by peckhamboi: 8:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
[size=15pt]Congratulations Pope Angelo Scola (Petrus Romanus)[/size]

(My insider just told me from the vatican.)
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Arysexy(m): 8:12pm On Mar 13, 2013
HugeMac: listen to yourself , does your statement sound like that of a christain.
Christains dont take offense if they re insulted , Jesus never took offense when the pharises said he got his power from the devil. Jesus never took offense at any insult hauled at him , for peace to reing , everybody has a freedom of speech , y should u bann someone for speaking his mind, How would you feel if God punishes u for every sin u commit. Tolerate other people cuz God tolerates ur ignorance and disobedience too. Thats the fullness of the Gospel , not this politics we re discussing in the name of church.

Don't know if u know wot is sarcasm! Wot i wrote is in reference to maclatunji's threat in islam for muslims thread. Dont be too strict young man. High BP is real!
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
doors are open
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Maxymilliano(m): 8:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
Crowds cheer after white smoke billowed from the chimney on the Sistine Chapel indicating that a new pope has been elected in St. Peter's Square at the Vatican.

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by ccollins(m): 8:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
adaobi123: the lights are on
how are u,it is long i saw you...
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Paschal007: 8:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
The door have been opened!

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by desthan(m): 8:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
why now? where is Kofi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' / Chris Oyakhilome Meets Benny Hinn For The First Time At #MHIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.