Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,744 members, 7,875,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:49 PM

Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife (25862 Views)

Permanent-Secretaries Present Birthday Gifts To Bolanle Ambode / Tuface And Rep Member Herman Hembe Back In The Days / Fayose Presents Car Gifts To Teachers In Appreciation For Their Hard Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 15, 2013
Singing

i want to go home.....
Am from akwa ibom.....
Incase u dunno......
Akwa ibom ayanya...
U should enter moto.....
Or fly for aero....
And land for uyo.....
(Bla bla bla)....
Am missin the love at home....

*****u know the rest******

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 15, 2013
I am guvnor akpabio, i af don what i know how to do best 'waste money' if all of u like u complain from yerusalem to yeriko, i ron care. I af already spokin to my oga at the top, n e af promised to gif me plesidential pardon. So if al of u like u can go and yump from third mainland bwidge. I af tucked my own....daz all
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by oyinglory(f): 12:54pm On Mar 15, 2013
Dt speech isn't even gud enuf fo a defense.lik a yoruba adge dt says " airi oro so iyawo,to ni baale mi ase kola"
Rubbish
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by convenantudoh(m): 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
Im very sure that this Akpabio knew not what he was doing,the money that is suposed to b used for something reasonable and more profiting investment is now used for what he calls''gestures".What a fucking gestures
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by convenantudoh(m): 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2013
Im very sure that this Akpabio never knew what he was doing,the money that is suposed to b used for something reasonable and more profiting investment is now used for what he calls''gestures".What a fucking gestures
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Godyke(m): 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2013
Dear Nairalanders,

Did I read here that the amount involved for the trip is Three million naira only (N3,000,000)?

Is this amount per person or for all the contingents.
If no Could anybody pls and kindly divide Three million naira by 20 persons and lets see how much will be allocated per person for the trip.

Because I am not very good at Mathematics
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by LADEMINUS: 6:01pm On Mar 15, 2013
jakedes: But let me ask a question...don't they govenor earn salary and allowance..u never can tell sha ..it might be his personal..judging by amount in quote..3million..I just feel that is nothing for d govenor to spare out..he is just a fan to the celebs and moreover 4 those complaining...is he not working and developing akwa-ibom?

Its such quotes that gets me sad, even if u r working nd have such, as a public servant sworn to uplift the masses, what is wrong in donating such money in the name of tuface to devts in his wifes villa? Does 2face need his prado jeep? That is where d waste comes in! I can even understand tarring the road to annies place!
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Chregor(m): 6:07pm On Mar 15, 2013
Well folks, I've decided to hold my breath & watched keenly at the stereotypic responses and dust thru which akpabio's gesture has raised in the wake of Anie's marriage. I wouldn't want to call him names, or roundly condemn his gesture either. As an indegene, we av our own nicking internal crisis ranging from joblessness, youth restiveness, poverty, and so on. A marriage dat enjoys the attendance of a no.1 citizen of any state is bound to be bless, but differently. A jeep, for me, is a possible gift, while an expend-paid trip for some family members to dubai , is clearly the reason of the invitation and also the assistance she's had to enjoy frm her state government. Securing visas to send a group of people farther afield in the 9ja cud be very cumbersome and appalling, hence, a need to solicits. I hereby call for an evenly deliberation of issues in nairaland. Inasmuch as we criticize, we must also proffer a better way to go about situations.
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by solace8(m): 6:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
This is 1 of d best reasons I ve heard dat wud make me work my service 2 Akwaibom.I like Generous Governors. Who knws I mite also get a car gift as well 4rm Oga @ d Topcos as I go there shapaly na to nack wan akwa ibom dauter belle.. grin grin
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by karlnyeno: 6:44pm On Mar 15, 2013
Be u a political class or not u 'll have one or two thing to celebrate ur life with for coming from Governors LG. Even one commissioner Emmanuel Enoidem has done alot 2 his people but this so called info commissioner is nothing 2 write home about, his people family people are suffering and he is here defending de government.
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by snochk: 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2013
Seun.A.Plonker:
The question should be, where the money he used came from... From his account or state funds?

I don't see any big deal in buying a car for someone as a gift. This is even common amongst Nigerians, so WTF?

all these poor haters wey no fit give thier own gift to d couple why complain? shey una dey blind say d man is busy transforming his state. abeg oga on top carry go i de your back.
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by kolamilan(m): 9:20am On Mar 16, 2013
SMH
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by loswhite(m): 10:41am On Mar 16, 2013
skykenny: oga Akpabio has done nothin wrong. If i were in his shoes, I wil do more dan dat
with ur own money abi
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by cigie(m): 4:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]Like some have said,, if the money came from his pocket, then I see no reason for all these talk..

However, it seems the money came from his states account because it required 'APPROVAL', and that on itself makes all this explanation rubbish. State funds should not be wasted like that. But then again, Cross Rivers wastes millions of states money to fund 4 weeks of unwanton debauchery every Christmas. The Nigerian Police that is highly under equipped and under trained with decapitating facilities spent 2 Billion on 1 week of Police Games. Northern Governors spend millions on State weddings for divorcees every year. Southern Governors spend billions to ferry people to Jerusalem for pilgrimage yearly. Northern Governors spend billions to send people to Mecca yearly. Nigeria spent billions to host African First ladies in Nigeria. Rochas okorocha spent over 150 million Naira to send 60 Imo State students to America for exchange program. Rochas spent Millions to braodcast his daughters wedding live on T.V to the whole Nation. APC gave 500 million Naira to Boko victims in Borno and nobody asked where the money came from, yet they set the military on students of their state who protested the non availability of water in their hostels. So in a way, giving Tuface a lousy 6.5 million Naira vehicle and spend another 20 million to send some Akwa Ibomites to Dubai isn't really over the Top.

Fortunately, I have been to Uyo and can testify that the Governor has really put in work. If anything, he has moved that state at least 10 years forward from where they used to be. If giving Tuface a car gift is his worst offence, I will pardon him.

I don't support unwanton wastage of Public funds, but if we must condemn, let's bring in all the wastage we see around us as well into focus.

On the flip side, he spent it on a citizen of his state. I would rather have 20 Akwa Ibomites travel to Dubai on states funds than have it end up in one mans pocket.[/b]
i'm so happy anytime someone says exactly my thought...may God find time to bless you my brother...e ga dindu!!
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 17, 2013
Booqee: This man is a complete fool.. All i can read from his defense statement is bulls.hit. Like seriously??
Whats the big difference or what does it matter if its 29 guest or 20guest?? One prado or two?? A prado will still cost over a million..so wtf?!
This is just a case of misplaced priority and st.u.pidity.
Not that i'm against his giving them gift..but why to so much extent if there isn't more to the story?? Three million coulda changed the lives of some homeless kids..i'm certain.
Well i'm wondering why he quickly came out to defend himself....oh my bad!..he just remembered dat his oga at the top may not like it..daz all abi?? Mtchewww
angry angry angry
Danhumprey: This man is a complete fool.. All i can read from his defense statement is bulls.hit. Like seriously??
Whats the big difference or what does it matter if its 29 guest or 20guest?? One prado or two?? A prado will still cost over a million..so wtf?!
This is just a case of misplaced priority and st.u.pidity.
Not that i'm against his giving them gift..but why to so much extent if there isn't more to the story?? Three million coulda changed the lives of some homeless kids..i'm certain.
Well i'm wondering why he quickly came out to defend himself....oh my bad!..he just remembered dat his oga at the top may not like it..daz all abi?? Mtchewww
angry angry angry
wtf?? Are u trying to be funny or something??
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by akpanbaba: 3:29pm On Mar 18, 2013
Other Nigerians are just getting to know the kind of uncommon transformation that is taking place in Akwa Ibom.I hope they will be bold enough to withdraw all the praises the heaped on Akpabio.My prayer is that the blood of innocent people killed by Akpabio in Akwa Ibom will continue to cry for vengeance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ortom Presents Documents To Indict Presidency, Defence Minister, IGP / Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month / NLC/TUC Continue Talks With FG Today At 6pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.