Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,785 members, 7,969,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:29 AM

A Serious Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Serious Man (1277 Views)

5 Reasons You Are Yet To Find A Serious Man / Tired Of Being Alone I Need A Serious Man That Will Be A Friend,a Brother,& Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Serious Man by kemisuga(f): 9:02am On Mar 26, 2008
Hi Landers,

Pls how can I know when a man is really serious about settling down? It is very difficult 4me to believe men now; cause I've been cheated and deceived many times and I dont want disappointment again. This is really affecting my emotions to be harsh on men am meeting now. Pls mature response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: A Serious Man by danity: 9:16am On Mar 26, 2008
Girl - you will never know when a man really wants to settle down unless he starts mentioning his future with you.
If a man doesn't see himself having children with you, he's not ready to settle down with you.
If you mention marriage and he avoids it, he's not ready to settle down.

Then again - Guys will tell you whatever you want to hear just to get in your pants. You just have to trust that the right man is somewhere waiting to settle down with you. I'll never think a man is serious about settling down until he proposes, meets my parents, and opens up to me completely without any form of inhibition.
Re: A Serious Man by efuah(f): 9:52am On Mar 26, 2008
danity:

Girl - you will never know when a man really wants to settle down unless he starts mentioning his future with you.
If a man doesn't see himself having children with you, he's not ready to settle down with you.
If you mention marriage and he avoids it, he's not ready to settle down.

Then again - Guys will tell you whatever you want to hear just to get in your pants. You just have to trust that the right man is somewhere waiting to settle down with you. I'll never think a man is serious about settling down until he proposes, meets my parents, and opens up to me completely without any form of inhibition.

You're very right.
Re: A Serious Man by onyekang1(f): 10:02am On Mar 26, 2008
@ danity
very true
Re: A Serious Man by iice(f): 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2008
Then there are those who mention having babies with you but just not yet grin
Danity summed it up wink
Re: A Serious Man by chinda3: 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2008

supported
Re: A Serious Man by kemisuga(f): 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2008
Thank you danity, efuah, onyeka.

But why are the men not responding?
Re: A Serious Man by DrFerlie(m): 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2008
kemisuga:

Please how can I know when a man is really serious about settling down?

1 when he is 27 yrs and above.
2 when he has a job, good one preferably.
3 when his close friends are getting married or married.
4 when he talks about marriage with her most of the time
5 when he can cater for her needs financially and emotionally.

the list is inexhaustible
Re: A Serious Man by earthrealm(m): 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2008
gurl, ur profile age says 19yrs, n me thinks thats a lil too early 2 be looking 4 a serious man??

or landers, what do u think/
Re: A Serious Man by TOYOSI20(f): 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2008
@ Poster

Patience is a virtue,

U need to be patient and I think when the right time comes u just know.

Best Wishes.
Re: A Serious Man by kemisuga(f): 4:30pm On Mar 26, 2008
Thank you toyosi.

Earthrealm the age you saw on my profile isnt mine. I am very ripe to have a serious man.
Re: A Serious Man by DrFerlie(m): 4:36pm On Mar 26, 2008
kemisuga:

I am very ripe to have a serious man.

Do you have a serious man NOW in your life? If not, may I apply? I am very very ripe and serious minded cool cool
Re: A Serious Man by hammers(m): 4:39pm On Mar 26, 2008
@POSTER

Have you checked youself?

Your previous relationships; what are the causes of the break ups?

You could be your problem.

God help u!!! kiss
Re: A Serious Man by efuah(f): 4:47pm On Mar 26, 2008
Dr Ferlie:

Do you have a serious man NOW in your life? If not, may I apply? I am very very ripe and serious minded cool cool
ehem ehem lipsrsealed
Re: A Serious Man by kemisuga(f): 4:51pm On Mar 26, 2008
@ hammers, I dont have any problem with myself. Only that I dont know when a man is serious or to deceive.
Re: A Serious Man by micklplus(m): 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2008
A serious man is easy to spot at the same time difficult to spot if care is not taken ! u have to calm down and simmer so that, u can get ur own man. for the fact that, u have been cheated so many times doesnt mean u shud be mean to guys ! Just take things cool, reciprocate good gestures, be careful and calculative, free ur mind by being ur real self and i believe things will fall in place for u. U'll also need to guide and guard against ur heart but ofcourse, its not about being mean or in - accessible to guys.

I wish u the very best of luck.
Cheers
Re: A Serious Man by faketan(m): 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2008
Postpone the time when you normally open your legs. Then the real man will reveal.

A man may be serious but your personalities may not match. You will be able to find that out after about 5 to 6 months if sex does not take center stage and blur your vision.
Re: A Serious Man by micklplus(m): 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2008
faketan:

Postpone the time when you normally open your legs. Then the real man will reveal.

A man may be serious but your personalities may not match. You will be able to find that out after about 5 to 6 months if sex does not take center stage and blur your vision.

Brilliant !
U couldnt have said it better
Re: A Serious Man by hammers(m): 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2008
@poster

Dont look too desperate
Be attracted to only the serious looking ones
Dont put toomuch into a fresh relationship
Your emotions must never overcome your reasoning
pray hard
hope for the best
expect the worst and you will never be disapointed.
life itself is not perfect.

Gool luck
Re: A Serious Man by kemisuga(f): 11:54am On Mar 28, 2008
Thank you Micklplus and hammers

(1) (Reply)

Can Some One Help Me ,i Masturbate Myself Everyday / Whether Na One Naira!: Yeah Right! / I Need Advices Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.