Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,576 members, 7,941,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 07:24 PM

JAMB Sells Over 1.6 Million Forms Ahead Of UTME - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Sells Over 1.6 Million Forms Ahead Of UTME (530 Views)

JAMB Sells Over 1million UTME Forms Today January 29 / Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years / Could This Be Why ASIANS Are Ahead Of Others Technologically? (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Sells Over 1.6 Million Forms Ahead Of UTME by queennnaji: 11:36am On Mar 15, 2013
The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB), on Thursday said over 1.6 million forms had been purchased for this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) scheduled for April.

The Public Relations Officer of the Board, Mr Fabian Benjamin, said this in a telephone interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

Benjamin told NAN that of the figure, 90.000 candidates would be tested with the newly introduced Computer Based Test (CBT) and Dual Based Test (DBT).

He said that already, the board had put in place strategies that would ensure a hitch free examination across the 3,000 centres nationwide.

According to him, the sale of forms is expected to end on Friday March 15, while the website used for the sale will be closed on March 24.

“We have concluded arrangements for the takeoff of the 2013 UTME examination which will commence on April 27, for candidates for the Pencil Paper Test (PPT).

“We are currently trying to adjust the examination date for the Computer Based Test (CBT) and Dual Based Test (DBT) candidates because the date coincides with the 2013 May/June WAEC and NECO examination dates.

“I cannot say precisely when it will take place for now until we are through with the adjustment so that it does not cause any clash for the candidates but as soon as this is achieved, we shall communicate to all those concerned,” he said.

He said that the number of candidates that had so far applied for this year’s examination was higher than that of 2012 which, according to him, was put at 1.4 million nationwide.

Benjamin told NAN that the board was looking forward to a hitch-free examination with an almost zero level of examination malpractice in view of the logistics that would be deployed.

“We have written to the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, applying for a deployment of their men for the examination.

`We are looking forward to having at least two of these security officers in each of the centres nationwide, to ensure a peaceful and hitch-free examination,” Benjamin said.

Read More:http:///news/jamb-sells-over-1.html

Re: JAMB Sells Over 1.6 Million Forms Ahead Of UTME by Prowizy2(m): 12:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
Nice one.. But i will still enter with my phone no shaking
Re: JAMB Sells Over 1.6 Million Forms Ahead Of UTME by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
Prowizy2: Nice one.. But i will still enter with my phone no shaking

Hahahah you make me laugh.
Pls don't do that oooo. Make sure you read abeg.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Post-graduate Studies In Nigeria With Degrees From Foreign Institutions. / Rivers State Polytechnic Exams Postponed Midway!!! / Advice On Pgd/bsc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.