Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,469 members, 7,968,303 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:53 AM

Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times (16790 Views)

Pdp Presidential Rally In Kano ...live On Ait / Tan Rally In Kano Live On Ait / Mass Wedding And Economic Empowerment In Kano , Live On AIT And NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by Abbeyme: 6:05pm On Mar 15, 2013
You must be pre-loaded with solar-powered charger or when u reach a major train-station, you enter a joint to charge your battery. Please continue with this reportage. Safe journey to you ad your co-travellers.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by ypzilanti: 6:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
They should just concession the railways to a private company. In a few months, it is all going to grind to another halt. We will spend naija money on it, and they will never make a profit, But bring in private guys and they will make it comfortable and profitable. Wanna bet?

5 Likes

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by manny4life(m): 6:55pm On Mar 15, 2013
ItsModella: wait, that is the first class coach? wow!!!

Baby steps...

@OP, thanks for taking your time to embark on the trip, at least you're a witness to the fact.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by lahnder(m): 7:04pm On Mar 15, 2013
do trin move to kano on Wednesday?
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Where have you been all thru today? I endlessly waited for your supportive comment on another thread.

I'm enjoying this train ride. The commentary makes it appear like one travelling in his room.
whats the link of the thread?
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by Edoboy1(m): 7:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
cryAbeg nor post dis kind tin again......the interior of the train reminds me of the bad situation of the country.... cry cry cry cry, nw am cryin....
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by aieromon(m): 7:16pm On Mar 15, 2013
Where's the concluding part of the report? I need to know how long it took for the locomotive to move from Lagos to Kano.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 15, 2013
aieromon: Where's the concluding part of the report? I need to know how long it took for the locomotive to move from Lagos to Kano.

Estimated time of journey is 33 Hours !

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

In 2013 for heaven sake,those tracks were constructed in 1900 by the colonialists. grin grin Naija I hail o

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by thelastPope(m): 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
~Bluetooth:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :

In 2013 for heaven sake,those tracks were constructed in 1900 by the colonialists. grin grin Naija I hail o

Tracks have been rehabilitated. Do you have a problem with that? They have ordered new coaches and those will be arriving anytime soon. Now they have just approved construction of 5 new electric tracks. What exactly do you have a problem with? Tell us!

5 Likes

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by jaymichael(m): 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2013
ngoziliz: e jamisi!!! what is this oga at the top about? please, i am a learner! undecided
Google it.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by thelastPope(m): 7:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
According to the Amtrak website, they have a train from Los Angeles to Austin, Texas (Train 422, Texas Eagle). The train leaves at 2:30pm local time from Los Angeles, and Arrives in Austin, at 9:31am CT in Ausitn, Texas, 2 days later. ChaCha!

http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-would-it-take-to-travel-in-train-from-california-to-texas
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 15, 2013
I love this phrase "everything is working, and everybody is happy"

Is there anyone out there who is not happy? I doubt

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by aieromon(m): 7:43pm On Mar 15, 2013
~Bluetooth:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

With the stops and all,the journey should likely take 45 hours. I hope the reporter has back-up batteries.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by aieromon(m): 7:44pm On Mar 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I love this phrase "everything is working, and everybody is happy"

Please,continue with the copy and paste commentary.

Thanks.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by thelastPope(m): 7:45pm On Mar 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I love this phrase "everything is working, and everybody is happy"

Great stuff bro!
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2013
can i get some tin clear here, do u mean frm lag i can travel by train to abj na? if yes, pls where are d parks (lagos n abja) n hw do i go about it? its agent pls. will b starting my annual leave soonest n would love to travel to Abj if d ans is positive.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2013
Some of the ugly things that happened in the past:

"Alhaji Tanko, standing at the door, tells me the last time he boarded a train – in 1973 – to Jos. From Lagos. “We spent one week before we reach Jos. At Kafanchan, we spent more that three days.” My beer is suddenly bitter"

Well, thank God that's now in the past. Our current dear president is speedily fixing all the rot.

4 Likes

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2013

Why didn't you follow the train and report live from the trip? That would have been better than copy and paste. you need to go out and see things for yourself!
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by adeleyeA10(m): 8:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
egbe4real: can i get some tin clear here, do u mean frm lag i can travel by train to abj na? if yes, pls where are d parks (lagos n abja) n hw do i go about it? its agent pls. will b starting my annual leave soonest n would love to travel to Abj if d ans is positive.
ABUJA STATION IS located in Area 11 / (CBD) and according to MY OGA ON THE TOP, thay said Abuja station will be connected by late 2014.pics not ready ..

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by james1(m): 8:13pm On Mar 15, 2013
The trains should be replaced with more modern ones,whatever happened to the latest trains?
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by ohzee(f): 8:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
ypzilanti: They should just concession the railways to a private company. In a few months, it is all going to grind to another halt. We will spend naija money on it, and they will never make a profit, But bring in private guys and they will make it comfortable and profitable. Wanna bet?

I totally agree. The likes of Richard Branson and his pendolini Virgin trains will put a smile on our faces.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by thelastPope(m): 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2013
egbe4real: can i get some tin clear here, do u mean frm lag i can travel by train to abj na? if yes, pls where are d parks (lagos n abja) n hw do i go about it? its agent pls. will b starting my annual leave soonest n would love to travel to Abj if d ans is positive.

The Lagos Abuja track is among the 5 speed tracks for which feasibility study has started and should be ready in six months then work will begin. Also included is Lagos-Benin, Benin-Aba speed tracks among others
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by OmoTier1(m): 8:41pm On Mar 15, 2013
God help me never to find reasons to board this kind of train in my life.. shocked Geez.. I wish people really know what modern trains are like they probably would have used 2x2 wood to plank the head of the Minister for Transport!
I remember traveling from Downtown Toronto, Spinda all the way towards New york and as I sat in the train, all in my life I kept asking.. why can't Nigeria have such a train! I kept asking, what is so special in the technology that Nigeria cannot copy and master?

Imagine the cost of First class coating almost N5000 shocked and you will still spend 33Hrs on the journey cry compare to traveling road, shouldn't such a long train service be cheaper
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by thelastPope(m): 8:51pm On Mar 15, 2013
james1: The trains should be replaced with more modern ones,whatever happened to the latest trains?

You don't just replace trains. Trains are not buses.

1. Speed trains run on speed tracks. They can't run on the current tracks
2. New speed tracks are about to be built. Money has just been approved for the feasibility studies. But it takes time to build these tracks
3. New trains have be ordered but it takes several months to order trains. Trains are not stocked in warehouses. They are manufactured on order and sometimes, you have to wait because the manufacturer has other orders to produce.

So a little patience and I believe the service will improve. GE is building a workshop in Yaba so that will help move things forward.

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 15, 2013
LORD have mercy for the cooling system inside the train! What is wrong with our country? We have gone past this kind of development we are experiencing in that country.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by thelastPope(m): 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2013
james1: The trains should be replaced with more modern ones,whatever happened to the latest trains?
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by OmoTier1(m): 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2013
thelastPope:

2. New speed tracks are about to be built. Money has just been approved for the feasibility studies. But it takes time to build these tracks
3. New trains have be ordered but it takes several months to order trains. Trains are not stocked in warehouses. They are manufactured on order and sometimes, you have to wait because the manufacturer has other orders to produce.

So a little patience and I believe the service will improve. GE is building a workshop in Yaba so that will help move things forward.
Seriously, what is a speed track Isn't the 'narrow gauge' track that Nigeria currently has that most Central and Southern African States also have? Do these countries not run 'decent' train services? Majority of South Africa railway lines are built to narrow gauge and they run decent services with decent trains, so why cant Nigeria do the same

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by alajor(m): 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
I'm enjoying this ur trip. Pls continue
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by kavey10(m): 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2013
thelastPope:

Why you guys are always on the defensive still baffles me! You sound like that Okupe/Abati dude. Datz all for now.

3 Likes

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by davades(m): 9:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
So Oga at d top has stopped the OP from continuing his story . SMH
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times by majekleo(m): 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2013
@ OP: why the sudden silence? hope your phone hasn't been stolen as warned earlier by the security officials , we are waiting for updates. -Ije Oma nwanne smiley.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Presents His Books To Jonathan (Photos) / Shiroro, Niger State Paid Spiritualists, Vigilantes N14 Million To Fight Bandits / EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.