Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,131 members, 7,943,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 03:29 AM

Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life (28846 Views)

Larry Williams: I Am Currently Homeless / Linda Ikeji Prefers To Make Love In Day Time / Larry Koldsweat's Daughter,onyeka Set To Wed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by aljharem(m): 1:29am On Mar 16, 2013
I Will Like To Change My Tribe From Igbo To Yoruba - Nollywood Larry Koldsweat

He has made so much impact in Nollywood to the extent that some of the stars the industry is proud of today have his touch in their lives.

The Igbo born actor who has turned a pastor has revealed in an interview that he’s if he had the opportunity of coming back to this world again, he would still be an actor and a pastor but he would love to be a Yoruba man by birth and inclination.

Hear him, “If I have to come back to this world, I will be an actor again, I will be pastor and I will be a Nigerian again but I’ll like to change my tribe, I will like to be a Yoruba man (laughs). Reasons are, Yoruba people are very receptive; they are the only people that can give you a land irrespective of your tribe.

They have a large heart. This is my 40th year in Yoruba land and God made me what I am today in Yoruba land. I am a Lagosian take it or leave it. This is where my children can call their home, this is where we met God; this is where I made my dream and it is where I met my wife.”

[img]http://1.bp..com/-guq4gdE1_ME/UUCR_AtY7PI/AAAAAAABWAg/U0UzLxWqJi4/s400/20.jpg[/img]

http://www.informationng.com/2013/03/ill-like-to-change-my-tribe-from-igbo-to-yoruba-nollywood-actor-larry-koldsweat.html

30 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by babapupa: 1:35am On Mar 16, 2013
Honesty is the best policy....

26 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by iykak47: 2:21am On Mar 16, 2013
Did he say I Will Like, why is he wasting time? Agu dowakwa gi agba.

22 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by IGBOSON1: 2:57am On Mar 16, 2013
Let him 'try'......what am i even saying sef undecided!; let him 'dream' of seeking to become Governor, that's when he will know how daft he is!

He thinks he's in the US or UK!

1 Like

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by pazienza(m): 3:08am On Mar 16, 2013
Original igboman, stroking the egos of his benefactors,while he continues to progress. I am sure that in his room,he would be saying a different thing. This is the way igbos of the old behaved,thats how people like ojukwu father and co were able to make it large in lagos and everyother place. We(ndiigbo) need to tone down the superiority talk,keep it confined to our rooms,and gatherings,while we project a humble and docile image.

Notice how happy the yorubas in this thread are with larry,it will work for his advantage,make yorubas to be less suspicious of him,and give him a better chance to succeed in their land. Tell them what they want to hear,but don't ever act against your ethnic group. That should be the way forward for us.

I believe that Zik didn't become popular in lagos by preaching igbo superiority,i believe that it was tactics like this that won him the yoruba support he had,while he remained igbo to the core.

"Ire oma,ka ejuna ji aga na ogwu".

54 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by EkoIle1: 3:12am On Mar 16, 2013
pazienza: Original igboman, stroking the egos of his benefactors,while he continues to progress. I am sure that in his room,he would be saying a different thing. This is the way igbos of the old behaved,thats how people like ojukwu father and co were able to make it large in lagos and everyother place. We(ndiigbo) need to tone down the superiority talk,keep it confined to our rooms,and gatherings,while we project a humble and docile image.

Notice how happy the yorubas in this thread are with larry,it will work for his advantage,make yorubas to be less suspicious of him,and give him a better chance to succeed in their land. Tell them what they want to hear,but don't ever act against your ethnic group. That should be the way forward for us.

I believe that Zik didn't become popular in lagos by preaching igbo superiority,i believe that it was tactics like this that won him the yoruba support he had,while he remained igbo to the core.

Must you paranoid people always paint yourselves deceptive, scheming, dubious and untrustworthy which I do believe you are?.... Be yourselves, life is not a do or die proposition...

100 Likes 1 Share

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by cfours: 3:15am On Mar 16, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Let him 'try'......what am i even saying sef undecided!; [b]let him 'dream' of seeking to become Governor, [/b]that's when he will know how daft he is!

He thinks he's in the US or UK!

Actually a lot of yoruba people will vote him in if he were a politician+ qualified. He displays a love for Lagos. He is a true Lagosian.
unlike the biafra trolls here who will be first to disparage ad condemn lagos. yet they want to govern it. Why are you so obsessed with governing a state you hate so much?and why do you think people will open their eyes and let you rule when they know you have nothing but evil feelings towards them?

Larry Koldsweat is an exception.

36 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by pazienza(m): 3:19am On Mar 16, 2013
Eko Ile:

Must you paranoid people always paint yourselves deceptive, scheming, dubious and untrustworthy which I do believe you are?.... Be yourselves, life is not a do or die proposition...

Bia, park one side! *angry*
Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by musiwa19: 3:24am On Mar 16, 2013
i know why he said so because yoruba prefer to have the most honest person in power when compare with igbo people this is why igboland is not develop. the yoruba people hate people steal

you see the man who built this stadium, as been taken to court for increasing the price.. but igbo governors who did not build anything are walking free in igboland with that money.. because yorubas hates people who steal.

6 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Ngwakwe: 5:25am On Mar 16, 2013
Let him wait until Fashola ad Nairaland South Westerners remind him of his supposed "erosion stricken land of his birth", then his story will completely change.

By then his Children will want to write a rebuttal to their father's song.

Until it sinks into Alj harem skull that Igbos born and bred in Lagos State are Lagosians, this story will only be a propaganda tool in the hands of deluded minds

When Alj harem is intoxicated with Tribalism, he cites article with mix messages while highlighting only his side of obsession and clamor for attention contrary to his general belief.

alj harem:
”I (Larry Koldsweat, am Igbo man by birth and heritage) am a Lagosian take it or leave it. This is where my children can call their home, this is where we met God; this is where I made my dream and it is where I met my wife.

Hear him, “If I have to come back to this world, I will be an actor again, I will be pastor and I will be a Nigerian again but I’ll like to change my tribe, I will like to be a Yoruba man (laughs). Reasons are, Yoruba people are very receptive; they are the only people that can give you a land irrespective of your tribe.

5 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by kunlekunle: 6:32am On Mar 16, 2013
pazienza: Original igboman, stroking the egos of his benefactors,while he continues to progress. I am sure that in his room,he would be saying a different thing. This is the way igbos of the old behaved,thats how people like ojukwu father and co were able to make it large in lagos and everyother place. We(ndiigbo) need to tone down the superiority talk,keep it confined to our rooms,and gatherings,while we project a humble and docile image.

"Ire oma,ka ejuna ji aga na ogwu".

You cant be more tolerant than an average yoruba man.
Ask lord lugard, 'they dont accept you, but they wont complain'.

7 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Igwe9(m): 7:04am On Mar 16, 2013
I do not see anything wrong in what this man said, it is a common practice in our everyday life and obtainable in every tribe.
To me,it's a win-win situation, do whatever thing you can to live in peace with your neighbors. cool

7 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 16, 2013
Unfortunately, if he dies, he isn't coming back again to achieve his dreams being a Yoruba man. sorry o! oga larry
Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Tolexander: 7:19am On Mar 16, 2013
This guy is a coward!

Larry left sin and become a pastor,
larry doesn't want Igbo tribe and wants to be yoruba.

These two words resembling simultaneous equation has meaning.

2 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by odogwux(m): 7:41am On Mar 16, 2013
A few visits to nairaland politics section will make him see clearly and realise he is most definitely despised and secretly hated by the people he thinks he has become part of. I'm surprised there havent been death threats on him for claiming lagos as his home
Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 16, 2013
Unfortunately for Larry, he can't be us and never will he be. We aren't falling for the igbos again.

1 Like

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by goldfish80(m): 8:09am On Mar 16, 2013
berem: Unfortunately, if he dies, he isn't coming back again to achieve his dreams as a Yoruba man.If also die, i wouldnt want to be a black man!
What race will you rather choose? just wisper it to My ears, I can make Ў☺ΰr dream come true
Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Ivynwa(f): 8:18am On Mar 16, 2013
There's just something about Lagos that turns you into such a lagosian that you don't want to live in any other part of Nigeria but Lagos. We all love our country homes for sure and gets to live there sometimes but Lagos gives you this "citizen of Lagos" feeling grin that you can't help choosing it as your "work-based city" to live in after your country home/hometown of course. I had an Akwa Ibom roommate that was born and bred in Lagos, she's so so Yoruba (can't even speak her language but Yoruba)that I wasn't surprised when she married a yoruba. I mean Lagos sometimes strips some people of their locality and even language, many families from other states that live in Lagos are still struggling to teach their children their local language and these kids blow yoruba without much ado, lol. I must be the only Lagosian that can't speak Yoruba.

I lived in Lagos for only 8 years before I left it, I was in Abuja some months ago and enjoying the beautiful sceneries and the all-improved Abuja, even with all the grandeur of some parts of Abuja I felt so "I-don't-belong-here" and only felt better when I entered Lagos again. It's all mad mad chaotic in some parts of Lagos yet one can't help but just like Lagos and its orishirishi. All the same, I love being Igbo too baaaad. I just love the Igbo language and the Igbo culture.

19 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Napoleondegreat: 9:28am On Mar 16, 2013
For me I like every thing the man says about lagos. Infact i will say the same when asked except that I will still be Igbo while Lagos will still be my place of Living in my next life. After all you don't have to be a yoruba before u can be a Lagosian. GOD does not make a mistake in putting one into a particular tribe

4 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Desola(f): 9:35am On Mar 16, 2013
c.fours:

[b]Actually a lot of yoruba people will vote him [/b]in if he were a politician+ qualified. He displays a love for Lagos. He is a true Lagosian.
unlike the biafra trolls here who will be first to disparage ad condemn lagos. yet they want to govern it. Why are you so obsessed with governing a state you hate so much?and why do you think people will open their eyes and let you rule when they know you have nothing but evil feelings towards them?

Larry Koldsweat is an exception.

abeg speak for yourself jo!

Only an omo ale would do such. Appointed maybe but vote? When e no be say I dey high on paraga.
Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Desola(f): 9:42am On Mar 16, 2013
Napoleondegreat: For me I like every thing the man says about lagos. Infact i will say the same when asked except that I will still be Igbo while Lagos will still be my place of Living in my next life. After all you don't have to be a yoruba before u can be a Lagosian. GOD does not make a mistake in putting one into a particular tribe

shiatsu!

With talks like this, it seems my homeland would continue seeing an influx of your people except something is done to check that imbalance.

Why can't you people just stay in your villages? Why must you encroach us? We have the smallest state in Nigeria yet you lot want to suffocate us.

This Nigerian arrangement has to be reconsidered. I am just not happy with the daily influx. it worries me on end.

2 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 16, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 16, 2013
Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by obilojayyahoo: 10:25am On Mar 16, 2013
ewu ofia, what u still wetin for grin

1 Like

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Alfamann: 10:57am On Mar 16, 2013
This man is NOT igbo. Look at his name. How many igbo people answer Koldsweat? This man is most likely an ijaw man with such a stupid westernised name like that.

2 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Onlytruth(m): 11:21am On Mar 16, 2013
Alfamann: This man is NOT igbo. Look at his name. How many igbo people answer Koldsweat? This man is most likely an ijaw man with such a stupid westernised name like that.

Nwanne you beat me to this observation/conclusion.
I have taken time to listen to his Igbo dialect. He speaks "Enu Onicha" (Onitsha dialect). There are many Ijaw who used to live on boats along the River Niger banks, fishing and supplying fish to "Ose Nku" market along Niger road in Onitsha. He may also be "a returnee" (more likely scenario). Onitsha has MANY settlers among them, including Sierra Leonians, Ghanaians, and Liberians from the abolition era. They are not too many, but they are very much there. I attended secondary school with some of them. They usually go by English surnames. The man is free to switch to any tribe of his choice in Nigeria, but he should start by properly stating his own origins, rather than dragging Igbo into his life choices.

7 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Gbawe2: 11:33am On Mar 16, 2013
Ivynwa: There's just something about Lagos that turns you into such a lagosian that you don't want to live in any other part of Nigeria but Lagos. We all love our country homes for sure and gets to live there sometimes but Lagos gives you this "citizen of Lagos" feeling grin that you can't help choosing it as your "work-based city" to live in after your country home/hometown of course. I had an Akwa Ibom roommate that was born and bred in Lagos, she's so so Yoruba (can't even speak her language but Yoruba)that I wasn't surprised when she married a yoruba. I mean Lagos sometimes strips some people of their locality and even language, many families from other states that live in Lagos are still struggling to teach their children their local language and these kids blow yoruba without much ado, lol. I must be the only Lagosian that can't speak Yoruba.

I lived in Lagos for only 8 years before I left it, I was in Abuja some months ago and enjoying the beautiful sceneries and the all-improved Abuja, even with all the grandeur of some parts of Abuja I felt so "I-don't-belong-here" and only felt better when I entered Lagos again. It's all mad mad chaotic in some parts of Lagos yet one can't help but just like Lagos and its orishirishi. All the same, I love being Igbo too baaaad. I just love the Igbo language and the Igbo culture.

Lovely post. My wife is not even Nigerian yet she prefers Lagos by far to Abuja. Born and bred entirely in the UK, you would think she would automatically prefer the 'order' and relative resplendence of Abuja. Yet she calls it "sterile" and "soulless" in comparison to Lagos. She likes the "energy" of Lagos and feel the people there are more cosmopolitan, varied, engaging and interesting. I have to agree. Lagos is simply on another level and I will not be able to live in Abuja.

@post.

Pointless, either way, condemning the man. I would be comfortable returning to this world (if such is even possible) a Briton, Igbo or even Ghanaian because you can choose to side with and be defined by the good in every nation/race/ethnic group. Nationalism and ethnic pride is overrated. You simply accept what you are and run with it. Other times you can live in a place so long you feel a sense of belonging and oneness with the place and people. Personally I love the UK and feel I belong there so I perfectly understand what this guy is saying. I even feel comfortable , to a good extent, in Ghana and some West African Nations. It does not mean I don't love Nigeria. Rather, I think being free-spirited is liberating. It helps you get the best out of people and places.

The statement Larry Koldsweat made about the Yoruba being receptive is akin to what I say about the UK. I.e the UK is the least racist Nation in Europe by far whether folks want to accept it or not. That is why I keep saying it here that ethnic division and tribalism does not make us Nigerians to realise that it is ok to love the place you live in and feel comfortable/accepted in. It is very good to be patriotic but you don't have to carry the myopic aspect of ethnicity and nationalism, like a heavy load, through the long journey of life. Love, respect and integrate with those you share productive landmass with.

20 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 16, 2013
Gbawe.:

Lovely post. My wife is not even Nigerian yet she prefers Lagos by far to Abuja. Born and bred entirely in the UK, you would think she would automatically prefer the 'order' and relative resplendence of Abuja. Yet she calls it "sterile" and "soulless" in comparison to Lagos. She likes the "energy" of Lagos and feel the people there are more cosmopolitan, varied, engaging and interesting. I have to agree. Lagos is simply on another level and I will not be able to live in Abuja.

@post.

Pointless, either way, condemning the man. I would be comfortable returning to this world (if such is even possible) a Briton, Igbo or even Ghanaian because you can choose to side with and be defined by the good in every nation/race/ethnic group. Nationalism and ethnic pride is overrated. You simply accept what you are and run with it. Other times you can live in a place so long you feel a sense of belonging and oneness with the place and people. Personally I love the UK and feel I belong there so I perfectly understand what this guy is saying. I even feel comfortable , to a good extent, in Ghana and some West African Nations. It does not mean I don't love Nigeria. Rather, I think being free-spirited is liberating. It helps you get the best out of people and places.

The statement Larry Koldsweat made about the Yoruba being receptive is akin to what I say about the UK. I.e the UK is the least racist Nation in Europe by far whether folks want to accept it or not. That is why I keep saying it here that ethnic division and tribalism does not make us Nigerians to realise that it is ok to love the place you live in and feel comfortable/accepted in. It is very good to be patriotic but you don't have to carry the myopic aspect of ethnicity and nationalism, like a heavy load, through the long journey of life. Love, respect and integrate with those you share productive landmass with.
Desola and her other likes need to learn a lot from you sir.With this comment of yours,my respect for you has increased the more.Thumbs up to you sir! cool

6 Likes

Re: Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life by Gbawe2: 11:45am On Mar 16, 2013
Onlytruth:

Nwanne you beat me to this observation/conclusion.
I have taken time to listen to his Igbo dialect. He speaks "Enu Onicha" (Onitsha dialect). There are many Ijaw who used to live on boats along the River Niger banks, fishing and supplying fish to "Ose Nku" market along Niger road in Onitsha. He may also be "a returnee" (more likely scenario). Onitsha has MANY settlers among them, including Sierra Leonians, Ghanaians, and Liberians from the abolition era. They are not too many, but they are very much there. I attended secondary school with some of them. They usually go by English surnames. The man is free to switch to any tribe of his choice in Nigeria, but he should start by properly stating his own origins, rather than dragging Igbo into his life choices.

Must you be such a disgusting creature always happy to parade delusion so nauseatingly? So this man cannot now be "purist" Ibgo because he is not willing to demonise Yorubas as a hateful creature like you is devoted to doing? You live in the USA yet show you have learnt absolutely nothing from living in the "home of democracy" and diversity. What a waste of space. Everything you post here is always laced with your hatred of others, an ethnically divisive take on issues and a deluded "purist" Igbo supremacy you allude to non-stop.

All these, and considering you live in the USA,, just confirms you are a loser failing woefully and unable to move on. Deceiving yourself with tribalism makes it easier for you to deal with your failed existence which is entirely of your own doing. I am not surprised. WHy will you not be a failure when you make it an obsession to know, stereotype and judge every man by the hamlet he comes on from instead of just 'cracking' on and winning.

34 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Annie Idibia Covers Motherhood In-style Magazine With Her Daughters. / Annie Idibia Celebrates Daughter's 7th Birthday (Photos) / Susan Chanel Gifts Ruth Kadiri Bundles Of Naira Notes As Birthday Gift (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.