Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,424 members, 7,978,347 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 06:35 AM

THE THREE TREES - Author Unknown - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE THREE TREES - Author Unknown (484 Views)

People What Has Happened To Roberts Liardon The Author Of Gods Generals / The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? / Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE THREE TREES - Author Unknown by SonofIssachar: 5:12am On Mar 16, 2013
A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. - Proverbs 16:9

Once there were three trees on a hill in the woods. They were discussing their hopes and dreams when the first tree said, 'Someday I hope to be a treasure chest. I could be filled with gold, silver and precious gems. I could be decorated with intricate carving and everyone would see the beauty.'

Then the second tree said, 'Someday I will be a mighty ship. I will take Kings and Queens across the waters and sail to the corners of the world. Everyone will feel safe in me because of the strength of my hull.

Finally, the third tree said, 'I want to grow to be the tallest and straightest tree in the forest. People will see me on top of the hill and look up to my branches and think of the heavens and God and how close to them I am reaching. I will be the greatest tree of all time and people will always remember me.’

After a few years of praying that their dreams would come true, a group of woodsmen came upon the trees. When one came to the first tree he said, 'This looks like a strong tree, I think I should be able to sell the wood to a Carpenter' and he began cutting it down. The tree was happy because he knew that the carpenter would make him into a treasure chest.

At the second tree the woodsman said, 'This looks like a strong tree. I should be able to sell it to the shipyard.' The second tree was happy because he knew he was on his way to becoming a mighty ship.

When the woodsmen came upon the third tree, the tree was frightened because he knew that if they cut him down his dreams would not come true. One of the woodsmen said, 'I don't need anything special from my tree, I'll take this one,' and he cut it down.

(To be continued)

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

Please share this with your loved ones. God bless you.
Re: THE THREE TREES - Author Unknown by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
explain the third three significance
Re: THE THREE TREES - Author Unknown by SonofIssachar: 12:53am On Mar 18, 2013
jacobscros: explain the third three significance

Please read the explanation in the second part.

(1) (Reply)

5 Contestants,6 Children,1 Husband And D Winner Is Annie Idibia / Purpose: Sent To Save Lives / IRONIC! The Man I Preached Was The Antichrist Ended Up Delivering Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.