Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,426 members, 7,881,560 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:55 PM

Politicians And The Firing Squad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians And The Firing Squad (439 Views)

How the intended meeting with PBO triggered The Firing Of The Ex Service Chiefs / Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) / The Firing Squad Joke President Gej Must Not Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politicians And The Firing Squad by ijawman4all(m): 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2013
DO THE RIGHT THING
I haven't come to embelish what I have to say. but to put it as crude as our shortchange has been. Before we came to this present epoch of demon-cracy or democracy we have put our blames on colonialism, how its responsible for even the way we sleep with our wives. Yes colonialism did quite some mess to us, agreed as. Arthur Richard constitution of 1946 made prominent regionalization that has created room for division and the birth unnationalistic citizenry. Now colonialism is gone for more than 50 years, we have only but ourselves to blame for our backwardness now. because we got independence and what did we do? the blame game goes forth again to the north marginalizing the south and monopolizing the equal access to power justice and resource control. Agreed the south was marginalized but it wasn't marginalize without the consent of the southern leaders. Instead of sitting down and waiting for a miracle to come what have u done as a citizen to make things right have you at one time sat down to think of ideas to better this country. Are you the one Fela sang about in his song "suffering and smiling" or " Zombie" when u are drowning in a river and u don't make an attempt to save yourself no one would notice, hence you die. its time for the blame game to be discarded for when we try to hold ourselves responsible to our problems we would be more responsible and resposive to them.
Today in bayelsa state we have no electricity in the university host community (AMASSOMA) because few people are benefiting from diesel sales democracy is to consider the greater good for the greater number
A community that is hosting a university without electricity how do we read our books. Does this imply that the government do not have the interest for education. Every election year students go out to vote and the government has refused to fulfil its campaign promises democracy has lost is essence in Nigeria especially in bayelsa as everything is done with reckless abandonment. I cry out today because I want to be remembered as the drowning child that cried out and the divers( the government) were too busy counting their gains rather to save him . I cry out today because society is gradually loosing its sanity and turning into the rat snake that eats itself to death. if gorvernment officers entered into office through the vote of the people then it should be responsive to the needs and aspirations of the people or they should cover their face in shame like the armed robber ready to face the firing squad. Because they stole the office they occupy. Let's search our conscience in all that we do. its enough that offices are stolen, why also become muderers? the man who died in an accident as a result of bad road, the accident victim who couldn't make it alive to the urban hospital because there was non in the rural area. The child that died from cholera as a result of bad water, the child that became an armed robber and was shot dead because government did not give education the much needed attention and finally the man that committed suicide after serving this country passionately and his pension were not paid, were all murdered by government let government be more responsive to the needs and aspirations of the people. If throughly their stay in office is legal otherwise let em have a conscience and leave.

(1) (Reply)

Obafaiye Shem,”my Oga At The Top” Suspended From Office. Rumour? / N27bn Pension Thief Regains Freedom / Breaking News: Bomb Blast In Borno, Kills 6, Injures 2 JTF Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.