Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,535 members, 7,965,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 08:52 AM

Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye (42975 Views)

Interview With Shem Obafaiye, "My Oga At The Top" After The Channels TV Saga / My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by DanIlon(m): 8:39am On Mar 18, 2013
If he was order to leav job for no reason he was not steal million nairaland and what reason for MY OGA IS AT TOP is this committ crime? nigeria is lack of free speech, up obafaiye shem,up NSCDC and up MY OGA IS AT TOP!
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by Esanyonmi(m): 8:40am On Mar 18, 2013
Message toGEJ
Pardon' oga at the top' or loss our vote come next election, which is pardonable, 'oga at the top' saga or formal governor of bayelsa saga?
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by waledud(m): 8:43am On Mar 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-HentCEDWt6Y/UUQ1pnC24dI/AAAAAAAAKg8/vwwlwJ7vKpI/s400/oga+2.jpg[/img]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Foolish organization working for a foolish government promoting foolishness in order to justify a foolish act by a foolish man who publicly displayed his world class foolishness and now being foolishly promoted by his foolish oga at the top.
Dazz all
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by platinum131(m): 8:49am On Mar 18, 2013
Akeud: Silly Oga at the top ought
be fired to hiring such an
incompetent individual! The we NL members should sue Mr Sham and his Oga At The Top to court without any waste of time for this black mail!

What on earth are you talking about ! gosh shocked
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by platinum131(m): 8:51am On Mar 18, 2013
Amya:

Republicans you say. If Obama coughs, they'll ask him to resign.

Why I said Nigerians are hypocrites is simply because we talk from both sides of our mouth. If stuffs like this should happen to someone we know, we are quick to rally on his defense, and if it's a person we don't know, we bring him down. If this guy were your dad or uncle or relative, we wouldn't be saying this same thing. We are hypocrites and sometimes are mostly swayed by the winning side. Let's be truthful to ourselves, yeah we had fun with this, but at the same time it could happen to anybody.

u are on point sis !

1 Like

Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by platinum131(m): 8:52am On Mar 18, 2013
alfablondy: Your opinion. That's all!

Thank you .
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by DanIlon(m): 8:53am On Mar 18, 2013
platinum131:

Go ahead and carry placard now, mumu oga at the bottom ! cheesy
u steal idea of obafaiye shem
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by bobbydbobo: 8:59am On Mar 18, 2013
It is not wrong to say that Nigerians are frustrated and are unhappy about situations plaguing the country, however, it is not to say that we must let our frustrations cloud our reasoning nd do away with objectivity when needed. 1st question: in all honesty, how many of ur fathers know/knew the website of their companies/establishments (of course less than two percent)? Of course it is left for the younger ones who are ict compliant to handle.. And the truth is they don't have a buisness with their website while they are in service, they have other things doing nd necessarily don't have any buisness wiv their site, its u who is lukin for an appointment that has business with that. When u were in school, howmany of u knew the account numbers where freshers were to pay their fees xcept u had business with that.2 : he just revealed the civil service bureaucratic system, where there's much "red tapism", nd there's always sum1 @ d Apex, who ure answerable to and is @ d tp of d chain of command, where u must b careful not to implicate him with ur wrong words or infact sometimes, right words, which ever 1, that's the system, whether u like it or not, that's how it is in even numerous establishments. So pls let objectivity b revealed in our line of thoughts not looking for sum1 to transfer our anger and frustration on. Thanks
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by platinum131(m): 9:00am On Mar 18, 2013
toshmann: Didn't want to comment on this issue until I see the interview in question, but I just had to comment now because all I see from the posts here are people complaining about the guy not remembering his website. That's bad, okay, but no one has complained about his functional ineptitude, So far. I maintain that we must focus our attention on the greatest thieves of all, not some dude who couldn't remember or didn't even know his office website. Shameful, yes, but not our biggest problem.
By the way, the kind of English I'm reading in this thread, including those who want to spear(spare) the guy, and those who can't resite(recite) the anthem, etc, i'm reminded that the generation that used mago-mago to pass JAMB/WAEC etc as well as Magomatized their degrees have become the workforce of the land. That's Nigeria's future, and it's more shameful.

Finally, I remember in 2008, Obama once forgot how many states were in the US. And he wanted to be president, and he still won the election.

Lets get our priorities right. Apart from the shameful ignorance of his office website, how dysfunctional is this guy?
How corrupt is he?
How is his office/ministry/whatever percieved in the eyes of the people he is supposed to serve?
These are more important questions.

Gbam !!

1 Like

Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by platinum131(m): 9:06am On Mar 18, 2013
fonssy: If I comment now, tomorrow they will say It was not true, just like that of the wife's protest. So no comment. I don't trust this media people again, until my aga at the top tells me to trust them.

so so dry undecided
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by ekuri77: 9:07am On Mar 18, 2013
[quote author=osram]Oga At The Top, SPEAKS From Abuja.

**we have no reason to punish him, as he committed no crime.
**NSCDC suspect that the Oil thieves are behind the social media attack.
**until his resumption of duty in Lagos, the crime against Nigeria’s economy was swept under the carpet. how can this hero who means business in fighting oil theft, be paid this way?

Officials of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) and the Civil Defense has broken their silence over the Lagos State commandant of the corps, Mr Obafaiye 'My Oga At the Top' saga.

The NSCDC official condemned what he described as unholy celebration of a minor error, advised Nigerians to stop falling prey of the antics of mischievous persons who had chosen to sponsor the “dirty harassment in the social media, in a bid to halt the commandant’s openness in handling oil thieves.”

They claimed that "the speculation of the error in the social media was the handiwork of vandals and their godfathers".
Do not be surprised that even the so-called chief executives of some agencies until now, did not know their websites.

I am not saying that this is an excuse but I am saying that his personality should not have been dragged into the mud.

"As you may be aware, until his resumption of duty in Lagos, the crime against Nigeria’s economy was swept under the carpet.
But how can this hero who means business in fighting oil theft, be paid this way? Those vandals should stop crying wolf over nothing.”

He also noted that the man in question is a patriotic Nigerian who does his job with diligence and passion and should be celebrated instead of being maligned.
Asked if he sensed any fowl play with the interviewers, he posited: “Well, what I do not understand is whether embarrassing their guest is part of their organisation’s goal and mission statement. I will however leave them for the public to judge.”

XxxxxxXxxxxxxxx

As for me the Channels TV guys never acted well.

1 Like

Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by platinum131(m): 9:10am On Mar 18, 2013
bambuzz88:

just with this alone, he his guilty to gross incomptence nd ignorance before he failed the real test and should just be fired for been irritative nd dull headed

you are in primary 1 right ? undecided
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by Austyn316(m): 9:45am On Mar 18, 2013
confusion247: Let's wait and see if you are saying the truth or deceiving us like others who say one thing and do the opposite.

[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]I would not reply to this comment now. This is because I don't want to say something now and my Oga at the top will say something else later.
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 18, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Seriously, you mean you watched that video and you came to this conclusion? Nigeria truly have a long way to go The man should be sent packing, so incompetent and out of debt! Nigeria have brilliant minds in abundance all over the country.

Imagine if He was asked the same question about the company website by someone else wanting to know more about what the agency is all about and all He will be able to tell the individual is WWW., err WWW. no wait..its WWW.ncdsc

Silly Oga at the top ought be fired to hiring such an incompetent individual!
my oga at the top you make sense die
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by seun005: 10:26am On Mar 18, 2013
Nigerians! Anybody cn make mistake except GOD alone who Iƨ above mistake. So not knowing d website address Iƨ nt smthn so big τ̅☺ be emphasised D̶̲̥̅̊iS̶̲̥̅̊ way. U̶̲̥̅̊ W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅ ̄ι̥ι̥ understand what i means beta if U̶̲̥̅̊ av bn on a hot sit b4. This is why d whites(oyinbos) r better than us cos they dnt dwell on der mistakes or past, rada D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ push foward...........okay let me ask U̶̲̥̅̊, do U̶̲̥̅̊ knw evrything? D ans Iƨ capital Ŋ☺̣̣̥̇. Moreso, I see it as a sin in d sight ☀̤̣̈̇f GOD. Mocking smone bcs ☀̤̣̈̇f his mistake, let's take our time and study d scripture. I pray GOD W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅ ̄ι̥ι̥ give us wisdom and understanding so dt we W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅ ̄ι̥ι̥ nt use our ignorance τ̅☺ destroy God's plan and purpose for our lives........... Cares.
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by slimfit1(m): 11:16am On Mar 18, 2013
This man just missed an opportunity to make money, sometimes opportunity knocks at your door in a silly way it's up to you to make use of it instead of all this crying and moody act. Know he can do advert for companies if he can market himself well.
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by nokingasgod: 11:46am On Mar 18, 2013
osram: Oga At The Top, SPEAKS From Abuja.

**until his resumption of duty in Lagos, the crime against Nigeria’s economy was swept under the carpet. how can this hero who means business in fighting oil theft, be paid this way?

Officials of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) and the Civil Defense has broken their silence over the Lagos State commandant of the corps, Mr Obafaiye 'My Oga At the Top' saga.

The NSCDC official condemned what he described as unholy celebration of a minor error, advised Nigerians to stop falling prey of the antics of mischievous persons who had chosen to sponsor the “dirty harassment in the social media, in a bid to halt the commandant’s openness in handling oil thieves.”

They claimed that "the speculation of the error in the social media was the handiwork of vandals and their godfathers".
Do not be surprised that even the so-called chief executives of some agencies until now, did not know their websites.

I am not saying that this is an excuse but I am saying that his personality should not have been dragged into the mud.

"As you may be aware, until his resumption of duty in Lagos, the crime against Nigeria’s economy was swept under the carpet.
But how can this hero who means business in fighting oil theft, be paid this way? Those vandals should stop crying wolf over nothing.”

He also noted that the man in question is a patriotic Nigerian who does his job with diligence and passion and should be celebrated instead of being maligned.
Asked if he sensed any fowl play with the interviewers, he posited: “Well, what I do not understand is whether embarrassing their guest is part of their organisation’s goal and mission statement. I will however leave them for the public to judge.”

The NSCDC officers maintained that there is no disciplinary measure against the Lagos commandant, as he did not commit any offense.

http://www.ncrmonline.org/apps/blog/?view_type=0

So the man should be accorded a national honour for such monumental embarassment afterall, several people of questionable characters found their ways into national honour's list.

Truth is the man is a national disgrace who deserved all othe outcry and more. He does not appear intelligent, smart and articulate enough to be occupying such a leadership position. He went to Channels TV without being coerced, he was'nt interviewed in his bedroom and neither was he caught unawares. An intelligent person going for such mission would have equipped himself properly. He would have anticipated the likely questions and rehearsed the answers. A smart person who found himself in such situations will simply come straight ''i cant give you for now as our website is being overhauled''. An articulate person in such situation will not make reference to an ''oga at the top''. He would know website address should be public knowledge and not what only an ''oga at the top'' should publish. If he does'nt know it, he will intelligently buy some time from the interviewers while his aides on standby supplies him with the rigth information. By the way, how come he attended the interview all alone and there was no aide to come to his aid in those few minutes he was rambling?

This blackmail about him being a hero is nothing but balderdash. If he's got a job to do and he appear to be doing it, so what? Was he the only one in the exercise? And this joke about some vandals sponsoring the backlash is not new afterall when this same Channels TV exposed the rot at the Police College Ikeja, government people said it was done to embarass the government.

Let's call a spade a spade and not ''a type of work implement similar to the shovel but with .......'' THis man, like several others in public and civil service, military, para-military etc is a round peg in a square hole and that is why we are where we are today and until we redress that, Nigeria we hail thee!

1 Like

Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by JisolaMar(f): 11:56am On Mar 18, 2013
What did u expect? Like Oga @ d top, like foot soldiers....smh undecided
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by Awoofawo(m): 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
....The man should be sent packing.......out of debt!

....Silly Oga at the top ought be fired to hiring such an incompetent individual!

see as you murdered Mama Charles language! You need to be send packing from whatever position you are occupying now in your company.... Sent ko cent ni, debt ko debit ni...... Kettle calling pot black.... Hint: (send, out of date, for)cheesycheesycheesycheesywinksmiley
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by blaise26abj(m): 1:53pm On Mar 18, 2013
Awoofawo:

see as you murdered Mama Charles language! You need to be send packing from whatever position you are occupying now in your company.... Sent ko cent ni, debt ko debit ni...... Kettle calling pot black.... Hint: (send, out of date, for)cheesycheesycheesycheesywinksmiley

Please modify your statement. Frying pan calling kettle and pot black
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 18, 2013
I had to watch d video again, lollzzzz, d tin funny scatter. Truly he did nothing for which he should b sacked but he wasn't smart wit d question, a better move would have been, " I honestly do not know or can't remember, am more bothered about more significant issues, I'd get back to u". Simple. Rather than trying to justify wat he didn't know nd making a fool of himself in the process. I think nigerians re more concerned about d way d stuff played out, d amusing aspect rather than the fact dat he didn't know the web address of his organisation, I personally don't think not knowing the web address of his organisation is dat big a deal. Most nigerian civil servants don't know theirs either. Anyway, this is a wake up call.

2 Likes

Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by Awoofawo(m): 2:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
blaise26.abj:

Please modify your statement. Frying pan calling kettle and pot black
why don't you help me modify it...... I'm not above taking correction.... We are all imperfect in one way or the other, my point here is that the man should not be nail for such a minor slip.... wink cheesy those calling for his sacking are just plain childishwink
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by vicope: 2:55pm On Mar 18, 2013
coogar:

he got there before nscdc got their website...

Confirmed! Many of these people ranting rubbish on NL have no idea that NSCDC was a volunteer organization before the OBJ administration recognized them! They would work in those days without any form of renumeration.
Mr Shem was among the pioneer volunteers of the NSCDC and it will be worthy to note that he rose to his present position due to his experience and years of service with the corps.

Now they pay their officers very well and everyone wants to be recruited, to the extent that some even allow themselves to be duped of large amounts of money in order to get an appointment with the corps! grin
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by vicope: 3:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
njokusboy: I had to watch d video again, lollzzzz, d tin funny scatter. Truly he did nothing for which he should b sacked but he wasn't smart wit d question, a better move would have been, " I honestly do not know or can't remember, am more bothered about more significant issues, I'd get back to u". Simple. Rather than trying to justify wat he didn't know nd making a fool of himself in the process. I think nigerians re more concerned about d way d stuff played out, d amusing aspect rather than the fact dat he didn't know the web address of his organisation, I personally don't think not knowing the web address of his organisation is dat big a deal. Most nigerian civil servants don't know theirs either. Anyway, this is a wake up call.
Help me enlighten them. Take a visit to the New Federal Secretariat Complex in Abuja, you would come across seasoned accountants with over 20 years of experience in accounting, yet they can neither tell you the website of their ministry nor recite the national pledge from beginning to end. Does that make them incompetent?
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by vicope: 3:13pm On Mar 18, 2013
nokingasgod:

So the man should be accorded a national honour for such monumental embarassment afterall, several people of questionable characters found their ways into national honour's list.

Truth is the man is a national disgrace who deserved all othe outcry and more. He does not appear intelligent, smart and articulate enough to be occupying such a leadership position. He went to Channels TV without being coerced, he was'nt interviewed in his bedroom and neither was he caught unawares. An intelligent person going for such mission would have equipped himself properly. He would have anticipated the likely questions and rehearsed the answers. A smart person who found himself in such situations will simply come straight ''i cant give you for now as our website is being overhauled''. An articulate person in such situation will not make reference to an ''oga at the top''. He would know website address should be public knowledge and not what only an ''oga at the top'' should publish. If he does'nt know it, he will intelligently buy some time from the interviewers while his aides on standby supplies him with the rigth information. By the way, how come he attended the interview all alone and there was no aide to come to his aid in those few minutes he was rambling?

This blackmail about him being a hero is nothing but balderdash. If he's got a job to do and he appear to be doing it, so what? Was he the only one in the exercise? And this joke about some vandals sponsoring the backlash is not new afterall when this same Channels TV exposed the rot at the Police College Ikeja, government people said it was done to embarass the government.

Let's call a spade a spade and not ''a type of work implement similar to the shovel but with .......'' THis man, like several others in public and civil service, military, para-military etc is a round peg in a square hole and that is why we are where we are today and until we redress that, Nigeria we hail thee!
Well said, however I wouldn't agree with you that he is a national disgrace! Clearly, he lacked professionalism in terms of Public Relations and ICT, but he has displayed diligence in his majour duty of protecting government and public installations, fighting vandals and oil thieves to mention a few.
Mr Shem can be said to be stupid because he should have sent the state PRO of NSCDC for the interview ab initio....he should have been more professional in boycotting the questions.......but in all, that doesn't make him a national disgrace!
May I add that a national disgrace is when GEJ went to lie on CNN, when Alams is granted state pardon and when Farouk is involved in a bribery allegation!
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by vicope: 3:36pm On Mar 18, 2013
bobbydbobo: It is not wrong to say that Nigerians are frustrated and are unhappy about situations plaguing the country, however, it is not to say that we must let our frustrations cloud our reasoning nd do away with objectivity when needed. 1st question: in all honesty, how many of ur fathers know/knew the website of their companies/establishments (of course less than two percent)? Of course it is left for the younger ones who are ict compliant to handle.. And the truth is they don't have a buisness with their website while they are in service, they have other things doing nd necessarily don't have any buisness wiv their site, its u who is lukin for an appointment that has business with that. When u were in school, howmany of u knew the account numbers where freshers were to pay their fees xcept u had business with that.2 : he just revealed the civil service bureaucratic system, where there's much "red tapism", nd there's always sum1 @ d Apex, who ure answerable to and is @ d tp of d chain of command, where u must b careful not to implicate him with ur wrong words or infact sometimes, right words, which ever 1, that's the system, whether u like it or not, that's how it is in even numerous establishments. So pls let objectivity b revealed in our line of thoughts not looking for sum1 to transfer our anger and frustration on. Thanks
THE MOST SENSIBLE AND HONEST COMMENT I'VE SEEN IN SUCH A LONG WHILE.
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by arusoncd(m): 3:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
The commandant erected a monument of shame for the NSCDC! The job racketing saga was true because the Oga at the top give his victims fake websites, then God arrested them publicly.
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by Fellonigerians: 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2013
osram: Oga At The Top, SPEAKS From Abuja.

The NSCDC officers maintained that there is no disciplinary measure against the Lagos commandant, as he did not commit any offense.

http://www.ncrmonline.org/apps/blog/?view_type=0

Such a pathetic response... This shows that he is not the only incompetent person in NSCDC... How can someone in there right mind say that "oil thieves" sponsored the social media attacks

Na waaooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2013
D fact that he doesnt know how an web address should end signifies he doesnt know much on a good day.
If he had said 'dot com' at least, the Channels presenters might not even try checking it.
Thats y am into MERIT tnz......nigeria, say no to nepotism
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by Mishydoo(m): 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
osram: This man should not b speard,he shud b fired asap!!!

...Most of thez Di.ckHeads laughing are not better than him;they jst open dia streptoccoci_ladden mouths with wch they chew on the carcases of Knowledge and regurgitate Mortar Fø̲̣̣я̅ public consumption!SMH

1 Like

Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by vicope: 4:55pm On Mar 18, 2013
ngozievergreen: D fact that he doesnt know how an e-mail address should end signifies he doesnt know much on a good day.
The fact that you cannot differenciate between a web address and an e-mail address signifies you don't know much on a good day! angry

ngozievergreen: If he had said 'dot com' at least, the Channels presenters might not even try checking it.

You seem not to understand that the trio of the Channels TV presenters must have visited the official website of NSCDC even before Mr Shem was called for the interview. They insisted on knowing the website not because they wanted to visit the website but making they wanted to make a fool of the commandant.

ngozievergreen: Thats y am into MERIT tnz......nigeria, say no to nepotism
I also support due process but if we were to stick to merit, I'm sure you wouldn't even stand a chance!
Re: Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye by Tmex(m): 6:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
Even as vital as the question is,it still does not mean the man doesn't know what he's doing I was in a a school today and we were talkn about the issue and a guy was asked the meaning of CGPA behold this guy couldn't gv any response as he had no idea of the answer and this is a guy with a CGPA of 3.7.He later came to recognise the fact that u can always forget things or somehow due to not been accustomed to the discussion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures From APC Mega Rally In Kwara Today / Ejeviome Eloho Otobo: Missing Nigerian Diplomat Found Dead In The US / Obasanjo, Zainab Ahmed Writes AfDB, Says U.S Has Ridiculed The Governance System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.