Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,226 members, 7,880,848 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:05 AM

Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" (6728 Views)

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? / Moving To Separate Rooms After Many Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Winneygirl(f): 11:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
In my opinion, this going back-and-forth by members is wat RooneyBoy actually wanted.

D 'woman' is his friend who complained 2 him. He opens a thread seeking advice 4 her. And He hoped that He will show her the thread once constructive advice comes in. Then He takes a firm stand behind d husband.

If his stand is so clear, Y pretend 2 need advice on d womans behalf?

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
ayobase: Two 'wrongs' can never make a -'right', so also two 'rights' can 'never' make a wrong.

As far as this case is concerned, the man is doing the 'wrong' thing (he considered it the 'right' thing though), and the woman trying to do the 'right' thing (which is gonna be termed 'wrong' by the husband) is gonna bring HEAVY clash in the home.

Two 'wrongs' can never make a 'right'

What you need do is making sure you accept your husband's RULES and REGULATIONS!

Make sure you are always there for him, get his food prepared at the right time, set out time to attend to his laundry, don't argue with him, watch his favourite programmes with him as often as you can, send him msgs at reasonable intervals (like asking him what he is gonna like for dinner, how much you love him, and the likes), and above all, ALWAYS PRAY FOR HIM AND YOUR MARRIAGE!

The fact is this, God respects the wives more than the husbands in any marriage...the success of a marriage is determined more on the wife, likewise its failure!

About the joint a/c issue. Try to cooperate to an extent (maybe a certain percentage of salary every month). I wouldn't advice you to give in all. Be wise in this regard!

U wanna catch the monkey, then you are gonna need to be like a monkey.

Man is known with his ego, trying to break it is gonna cause more harm....allow him....let him have all the scenes to himself....nobody is gonna tell him before he starts asking questions from his wife about some certain things when the chips ae down.....and the you wife should always be ready to give SOUND and SPECIFIC ANSWERS....don't talk much!

Above all things, the husband is the head of the house, yield to his COMMANDS (its not hard at all, just take off your pride...its for your husband u love so much) and be more LOVING and CARING than ever.
PRAY FOR YOUR MARRIAGE.

U can do away with my pieces of advice if u want your marriage to pack up, or you want out, or you want your man to bring in another woman!

BE PRAYERFUL, ALWAYS PRAY FOR HIM.
AND ALSO DO A PROPER CHECK ON YOURSELF TO BE SURE U AINT DOING SOMETHINGS WRONG AFTER YOUR WEDDING!

God bless you!

I'm sorry but all I can deduce from this comment is ME, ME & only ME! No consideration for the other person. Haba, have compassion please.

You must do what I say, how I want it etc. No sign of empathy at all- egoistic, egotisitc, self-centered nature. Women dey try sha, all because of staying married.

I leave this quote my dad told my brothers: The success of a marriage lies with the man and not the woman. If you want your marriage to last, it will and vice-versa. You think being the head of the family is just a ceremonial title? Think again!

Marriage is like a ship, the man is the captain, the woman is the assistant captain and the children are the passengers. The course the ship will take will be determined and overseen by the captain and his decision will affect everyone on board.

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:14am On Mar 20, 2013
Winneygirl:
Obviously!! That is Y she is complaining. She is soo in love and d respect is swelling her head, she just can't help but complain.

"Oya go to Ur room".

That is wat U tell children!

P.S: Na where She go carry dis stone-age man from?

Hehehehehehe, afi stone age na. Haaaaaaa, nnkan beeeeeee!!!!
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Rooneyboy(m): 12:51am On Mar 20, 2013
Winneygirl: In my opinion, this going back-and-forth by members is wat RooneyBoy actually wanted.

D 'woman' is his friend who complained 2 him. He opens a thread seeking advice 4 her. And He hoped that He will show her the thread once constructive advice comes in. Then He takes a firm stand behind d husband.

If his stand is so clear, Y pretend 2 need advice on d womans behalf?
U seem to be a very observant person .
Reasons y I'm in support of the husband is cos I noticed the debate was one sided which to me wasn't good. I wld love her to make her conclusions from any angle, be it in support or against her as the lady. she's the one that wears the shoes and knows exactly where it pinches".
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Ivynwa(f): 10:11pm On Mar 20, 2013
baby_123:

No, I do understand clearly what you mean. You are just emotional about the mental health issue that was brought up, because at the base of all this argument. You support separate rooms. I don't think you took the time and patience to actually read our threads and understand. Besides, I am responding to you because I mentioned mental health issues here before ileobatojo did.

I am sorry dearie, I don't wish to continue the conversation as you are just talking about stuffs irrelevant to what I and the lady talked about besides we already ended that conversation peacefully. No need to keep stretching it. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by baby124: 10:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ivynwa:

I am sorry dearie, I don't wish to continue the conversation as you are just talking about stuffs irrelevant to what I and the lady talked about besides we already ended that conversation peacefully. No need to keep stretching it. Thanks.

LOL, WTF? Madam are you okay? Try not to be emotional and sentimental. Fact is mental issues are mental issues. If you take it personally get checked. My post was a few days ago. Were you asleep. buahahaha! Abeg dont pour your frustrations on me, no one cares about your personal issues abeg.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Ivynwa(f): 10:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
I am just seeing your post now because I wasn't really paying you attention when I was conversing with Ileobatojo. I wasn't talking/discussing with you then lady. You barged in on our discussion and started agitating and vibrating over nothing.

You seem to have time to mock around and abuse others, I don't have time for that. Go ahead, look for others to abuse and mock. My skin is hardened to such so don't waste your time. I am tempted to give it back to you the way you are ogling for but I am not allowing you tint my vibez with all that. As you can see I've got peace and love in my heart and you ain't breaking that peace. Au revoir. kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by baby124: 10:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ivynwa: I am just seeing your post now because I wasn't really paying you attention when I was conversing with Ileobatojo. I wasn't talking/discussing with you then lady. You barged in on our discussion and started agitating and vibrating over nothing.

You seem to have time to mock around and abuse others, I don't have time for that. Go ahead, look for others to abuse and mock. My skin is hardened to such so don't waste your time. I am tempted to give it back to you the way you are ogling for but I am not allowing you tint my vibez with all that. As you can see I've got peace and love in my heart and you ain't breaking that peace. Au revoir. kiss kiss

I see why you took offense. You definitely have issues otherwise you will not go back and respond to me, in such a manner if you were not looking for a response. I was wondering why you couldnt comprehend the whole thread as i raised the mental issue first. Maybe it struck a cord hard. I now understand that You lost your mind, like you have lost it now. Yea, you need a break. Au revoir kiss
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Ivynwa(f): 10:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
I can easily abuse you back but I am not stooping to your level. If you like you can find all the abusing words of the earth and paste them here for Ivy grin . Go in peace Babes.

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 20, 2013
What's going on here? first time opening this thread and BAM!! Fracas!

Who's sleeping with who? grin what a busy day.brb
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by baby124: 10:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ivynwa:
I can easily abuse you back but I am not stooping to your level. If you like you can find all the abusing words of the earth and paste them here for Ivy grin . Go in peace Babes.

LOL, oh you are an angel now? You seem to hanve brain lapses or farts. Maybe you should go back and read your own post. You are definitely not stable. If you think you can throw insults and escape, you are in for a rude awakening. Abeg, waka pass. The thing dey pain you. When you say goodnight, they should not catch you saying hello again. Really, you are just ranting. SMH. My level? You wish jare. Stay in your lane. You are confused. It is your type that they handle with maturity, and you respond childishly. I only came down to your level and gave you a taste of your medicine. if you dont like it, go to your separate room and cry a river abeg. cheesy
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by biolabee(m): 10:55pm On Mar 20, 2013
*****sits down sipping zobo cool cool
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Ivynwa(f): 10:55pm On Mar 20, 2013
Striding on..........
#Vibezunbroken
#Vibesuntainted
#Vibespositive

2 Likes

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by baby124: 10:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ivynwa:

Striding on..........
#Vibezunbroken
#Vibesuntainted
#Vibespositive

Is that what they taught you to in "stability" class? grin grin cheesy. You already said Au revoir ma'am. Let me leave you alone. Next time, dont look for trouble you cannot handle. Dont start nothing, and there wont be nothing. Because someone is being mature and decent with you, doesnt mean they will not rip you apart if you lose your mind. I dont care who you are or what your condition is. Know your lane, maintain it and respect yourself. Let me leave you alone to recover yourself.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 20, 2013
Rooneyboy: [b]She forward this message to my mail box this morning and frankly speaking I don't know how best to advice this my friend, that's y I seek professional advice here.

- - - - I would refer her to this page as soon as meaningful replies starts pouring in.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*My marriage is just three months old. But the kind of problems we are already having is making me tired already.

When my husband and I were dating we used to share his room and bed so I assumed after marriage we would share a room. But to my amazement, after a week, he told me to move my things into the next room. Even though the rooms have doors that link them together through the bathroom and toilet, I didn’t like the idea of sleeping on a separate bed from my husband at night.

The more I tried to argue the point, the more determined he appeared to be. Since it was too early for us to be fighting over such a matter, I didn’t push it beyond registering my displeasures.
Besides, I reasoned there is no way he would protest my sleeping in his room.

But I reasoned wrongly as that night, he told me after making love to relocate to my room that he wanted his peace and space. He didn’t stop there; he told me it was a taboo for him to share his bed with a menstruating woman or a nursing mother. He also said by his upbringing, a serious minded man doesn’t allow a woman near him all the time. Finally, he told me that he would be the one coming to my room whenever he has the urge to make love.

When I asked what would happen if I feel like making love, he didn’t give a reply.

I thought he was joking but his attitude of the successive days showed he wasn’t. After I tried to force myself into his room once or twice, he took to locking his side of the two doors. He only opens the door when he felt like easing himself or taking
his bath.

It is so confusing. Another thing is the issue of joint account. He wants us to have a joint account. I don’t want it due to the experiences of my friends. He is equally adamant about it. I am honestly getting fed up with all these challenges. We dated for two years. I never knew he was this rigid and so traditional.

We appear to be worlds apart. I don’t know what to do at all because the man I see daily in the house is a complete stranger who doesn’t have semblance to the one I dated and married. 
[/b]

First of all if I may ask.. Are they Moslems?( no offence I have my reasons)

Second of all, I sensed a selfish controlling domineering man here, doesn't wanna share his space but wants a share of your money. Ole!

It's too late now I'm afraid and I am talking about room sharing,

my advice about joint account? No fighting , strategize your life.

1. Keep a seperate account or else you will be left with nothing! Cos it seems this man is already in control and you gave him the right( not blaming you undecided)

2. Grow some balls, speak up for yourself ( not rude oh), be firm when you're serious so he knows you mean it.
Enu eni ni eniyan fi n ko mi o ję
(speak up for yourself)

3. Have a confidant , your mom, dad maybe? to pour your heart to when you worry cos trust me this is gonna be a loooong battle!

**sighs** abi 2years is not enough for courtship again? young men of today and their bravado sha undecided
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Ivynwa(f): 11:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
I only smile at people like you that think that they can manufacture bullets with their word, and go about throwing it at others in the forum.
You actually feel like you ripped somebody apart? Amazing! Ewoo Ivynwa just got shot some rounds of bullets of words by you. #mostpowerfullady grin
Ain't I happy for you, swag on girlie! kiss
I am stronger than you think and you can't get to me with whatever negative word in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by baby124: 11:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ivynwa:

I only smile at people like you that think that they can manufacture bullets with their word, and go about throwing it at others in the forum.
You actually feel like you ripped somebody apart? Amazing! Ewoo Ivynwa just got shot some rounds of bullets of words by you. #mostpowerfullady grin
Ain't I happy for you, swag on girlie! kiss
I am stronger than you think and you can't get to me with whatever negative word in the world.

I know your type, easily broken and bothered. Look, to avert future wahala for yourself. Kindly respect others. When you randomly come out swinging for no reason and someone responds, dont run in the dark and claim innocent. You wont be spared. Plain and simple. I wont go further with you, it would be unfair and i dont want blood on my hands. You are obviously in a fragile state. grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ladies now now enough!
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by baby124: 11:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
jidegirl12: Ladies now now enough!

ah ah, Aunty, kila gbe kini madam ivy ju. Kilode? I dont know where the wild response came from or of what purpose it was exactly. Some people carry frustration from one thread to the other. I must have insulted one of her other ID's. I just dont get the wild post from no where. LMAO. Wetin person no go see on NL. orisirisi.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Ivynwa(f): 2:59am On Mar 21, 2013
It all boiled down to how it started, abusing other posters because they don't agree with your own opinion.
What I was discussing with the other lady is "Why consider others that don't agree with her opinion as having mental issues?". It concerned you in no way, you jumped in querying and attacking me for having a different opinion to you. My opinion in my post that having separate bedrooms by couples is not such a bad idea have you boiling up all over the place because I must agree with you. Why do some people come to a public forum and want to enforce their opinion on others like I can't have a mind of my own anymore? Wow. A human being that goes about abusing others for their opinion is the same person here telling others that they have mental issues. #Ridiculousness
Stay here and be making a fool of your self. Don't stop, keep bringing it on. Try hitting your head on the cyberwall if you like. grin It will not make me have the same opinion with you but that may help you remember more vocabs to use as bullets in your gun that is pointed at Ivy. I use to avoid absorbing/reading vilewords and bullets being used in the internet by bullies like you but that makes your likes feel like the other persons cannot stand up for themselves. Ain't any internet bully getting me down. I am standing here with my Akpobi shield girl.grin Keep shooting --------Odeshi grin grin(Abeg make I laugh).

Heyi! You are actually feeling like a masquarade with a cane running down the roads of nairaland flogging everybody that disagrees with you on the threads. #The-Champion-lady-fighter-fights-on-and-on. Jeez!.
Just make sure that you entertain the audience in your next episode and give them enough to laugh & smile about.grin The floor is open for you again----A-c-tion. Don't tell me that you are not taking this bet? You know you can't resist it? Hehehehehe hahahahaha, you are so entertaining.

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by biolabee(m): 6:40am On Mar 21, 2013
Ivynwa: It all boiled down to how it started, abusing other posters because they don't agree with your own opinion.
What I was discusing with the other lady is "Why consider others that don't agree with her opinion as having mental issues?". It concerned you in no way, you jumped in querying and attacking me for having a different opinion to you. My opinion in my post that having separate bedrooms by couples is not such a bad idea have you boiling up all over the place because I must agree with you. Why do some people come to a public forum and want to enforce their opinion on others like I can't have a mind of my own anymore? Wow. A human being that goes about abusing others for their opinion is the same person here telling others that they have mental issues. #Ridiculousness
Stay here and be making a fool of your self. Don't stop, keep bringing it on. Try hitting your head on the cyberwall if you like. grin It will not make me have the same opinion with you but that may help you remember more vocabs to use as bullets in your gun that is pointed at Ivy. I use to avoid absorbing/reading vilewords and bullets being used in the internet by bullies like you but that makes your likes feel like the other persons cannot stand up for themselves. Ain't no internet bully getting me down. I am standing here with my Akpobi shield girl.grin Keep shooting --------Odeshi grin grin(Abeg make I laugh).

Heyi! You are actually feeling like a masquarade with a cane running down the roads of nairaland flogging everybody that disagrees with you on the threads. #The-Champion-lady-fighter-fights-on-and-on. Jeez!.
Just make sure that you entertain the audience and give them enough to laugh about.grin The floor is open for you again----A-c-tion. Don't tell me that you are not taking this bet? You know you can't resist it? Hehehehehe hahahahaha, you are so entertaining.

shocked shocked shocked

I also would like to know how seperate bed = psychosis
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by miredia(m): 9:10am On Mar 21, 2013
Rooneyboy i am under intuitive compulsion to believe your piece resonates your present circumstance. There is nothing clumsy in having seperate rooms under healthy conditions that justifies a genuine need for privacy. However, where i fail to have an inkling is your defiance to rationale, selfishly gratifying your se*xual appeal damning her own appetite and feelings. This is utterly inhumane. Compounding this dastardly psyche is ushering her out upon ur satisfaction thereafter requesting for a joint account, that there depletes your machoism. I was worse off and for a long time always had subservient mates. I never wanted to be around a woman for too long or talk too much, a recourse was growing to be more empathetic. Sculpting a better rooneyboy will be according some regard to her and be more hearty and trust me when i say that union is engulfed in a lot of puerile and infantile tendencies. Cheers man

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by biolabee(m): 10:22am On Mar 21, 2013
miredia: Rooneyboy i am under intuitive compulsion to believe your piece resonates your present circumstance. There is nothing clumsy in having seperate rooms under healthy conditions that justifies a genuine need for privacy. However, where i fail to have an inkling is your defiance to rationale, selfishly gratifying your se*xual appeal damning her own appetite and feelings. This is utterly inhumane. Compounding this dastardly psyche is ushering her out upon ur satisfaction thereafter requesting for a joint account, that there depletes your machoism. I was worse off and for a long time always had subservient mates. I never wanted to be around a woman for too long or talk too much, a recourse was growing to be more empathetic. Sculpting a better rooneyboy will be according some regard to her and be more hearty and trust me when i say that union is engulfed in a lot of puerile and infantile tendencies. Cheers man
lol grin
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Ivynwa(f): 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
I feel like rolling on the floor and LMSAO right now. grin
Don't tell me that my reverse psychology worked after all & the cyberbully got shut up without much effort.

Bullies sure are weaklings that get scared when their object of bully stares them back in their eyeball.

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Airpure(f): 9:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
The Topic is too funny. Pls tell the lady life is too short for this crap. all she has to do is mirror his behavior. lock her side of the door like he does and tell him she cant share a bank account cos like him her money like its space and separate accounts. in 2013. tooo funny where dis she get this native doc son from. cant sleep in same bad with a woman in her period indeed. i see this man bringing other women to his bedroom.smh.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by igbonla(m): 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
Men can make rules all they want, women knows how to have their ways almost all the time. This newly wed should learn quickly and see if the so called caveman will not collapse the rooms into one. Same way Eve got Adam to eat the apple! I respect women.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Rooneyboy(m): 7:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
[quote author=baby_123]

Young lady pls do go get ur head checked .

U are obviously the person that has got some mental issues here.

Don't seem to understand ur problem .
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by biolabee(m): 7:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
Hmmm....

*** enjoys the calm before the storm and sips his zobo
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by baby124: 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
^^^

You actually expect me to fight with already unstable people and grown up's that write in colors.

Sorry, not interested. You can pick up the fight if you want to.

These ones just need someone to push them to commit, and that wouldnt be me. grin cheesy
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by biolabee(m): 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
phewww kiss

yippeee grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Inlaws Don't Want To Leave. / Waking Up With Three Unexplained Scratches On My Body / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.