Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,769 members, 7,921,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:42 AM

The Blind Boy - A Little Perspective Goes A Long Way [with Video] - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Blind Boy - A Little Perspective Goes A Long Way [with Video] (755 Views)

Quotes That Can Change Your Perspective On Life(pictures) / Burna Boy a member of a gang that Killed in the Uk / 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Blind Boy - A Little Perspective Goes A Long Way [with Video] by sadlerrr: 12:37am On Mar 18, 2013
http://www.eventjara.com/blogs/refinement/item/the-blind-boy

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign which said: “I am blind, please help.”

There were only a few coins in the hat.

A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words.

Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy. That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were.

The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, “Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?”

The man said, “I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way.”

What he had written was: “Today is a beautiful day and I cannot see it.”

Do you think the first sign and the second sign were saying the same thing?

Of course both signs told people the boy was blind. But the first sign simply said the boy was blind. The second sign told people they were so lucky that they were not blind. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective?

Moral of the story: Words are tools for the brain. Change your perspective - change your life.

Also be thankful for all you have, because no matter how bad things are, they will eventually get better - with the right perspective.

Watch the video below and share if you like this story..
see here for video http://www.eventjara.com/blogs/refinement/item/the-blind-boy

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Front Page 2005 & First To Comment / Americans Are Paying To Be Kidnapped For Fun / Gbenga Adeboye, 10yrs After.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.