Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,151 members, 7,887,343 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:06 AM

4 Career Risks Worth Taking - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Career Risks Worth Taking (914 Views)

THE MVP: 4 Career Lessons From Lionel Messi / 5 Signs Your Boss Is Taking Advantage Of You / Employee Development ; A Risk Worth Taking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Career Risks Worth Taking by schibaba(m): 10:47am On Mar 27, 2008
Taking calculated risks in you career can help you reach your goals. Below are some of the common career risks that you may grapple with, and how to weigh your options.

RISK: Going Back to School

Making the financial and time commitment to go back to school for an advanced degree or certification can feel overwhelming. Factoring into the equation family responsibilities or not being able to quit your job to focus on school can make furthering your education feel like a heavier burden.

Weighing your options: "First you need to know your end goal and what you are trying to achieve by going back to school, such as a raise or changing career paths," advises career coach Hallie Crawford. "Next, determine if going back to school helps you achieve this goal by talking to your boss and mentors. In some fields an advanced degree matters, in others it really doesn't."

RISK: Changing Careers

So many people hate their jobs yet toil away daily because sticking with the familiar feels safe. There are a number of reasons why people are unhappy on the job, including being in a profession that does not utilize their passions and interests. Read More
Re: 4 Career Risks Worth Taking by adebiyi221(m): 7:07pm On Mar 31, 2008
brother u just hit the nail on the head. i have just risked both. in fact am in the middle of a career change. i just hope its worth the stress.

(1) (Reply)

Pefti Student Here? / Computer Engr.(should I Study It At School Or Am I To Learn It From A Pro) / Chams Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.