Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,741 members, 7,972,680 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 03:57 PM

Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: (9613 Views)

Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States / Nigeria's Debt Now N12.12tn - DMO / Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
Easyfren: . It's amazing u're proud dat ur state is not indebted but if u go to those indebted states, they're beautiful, well developed with ultra modern houses and roads not mud buildings of ages.

Bayelsa, Ebonyi, Zamfara Adamawa, Kogi beautiful?

You need to stop that weed

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by ewet: 6:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
I am not sure if the IGR includes federal allocation.However i belong to the school of tht that sees nothing wrong with states having debts as long as it can be properly managed and it is for the right reasons and purpose.
true fiscal federalism is the answer and all those blind GEJ apologist who nthnk with there anuses will not see the problem with the way GEJ is turning a blind eye to this fact.If Bayelsa were to have full control of thr resources they will not be in the mess they r in nw.
If we had true federalism we need not bother Abuja for anythng and the state govts will not have to blame the FG for thr woes aand i tell you its easier to hold the governor accountable than tht guy over thr in ABJ.So all u GEJ butt lickers go tell your OGA at the top to giv us True federalism. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by mu2sa2: 6:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
liyalla: alow Bayelsa to run its crud for one year and lets see if in 2weeks this so called debt is not off their back...
13 billion monthly is stolen. If it increases the thieves will still be at work. Niger deltan leaders are the ones impoverishing their region, but keep deceiving their poverty stricken people with north bashing. Left to themselves these bare faced liars will set upon themselves.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by otokx(m): 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
stine b: Donald Duke almost ruined Cross River with huge unnecessary debt.
Not almost, the man ruined the state well.
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by otokx(m): 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2013
Delta State has no business being in that list
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
So Gov. Uduaghan squanders roughly N70bn monthly with nothing to show. Deltans are in deep soup. God in heaven, please have mercy.
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Dimipreye Silvia needs to be in jail.

Na lie!! He should be granted state pardon.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by Ejine(m): 6:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
Jesus Christ. Not even Lagos made it... I don't understand.

Nigeria's statistics are always bloody inconsistent.

TARABA? Solvent?
*scratches head* undecided
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by Ejine(m): 6:33pm On Mar 18, 2013
blink182: So Gov. Uduaghan squanders roughly N70bn monthly with nothing to show. Deltans are in deep soup. God in heaven, please have mercy.

We are finished.

In short... Henceforth, I'm from Bamako, not Delta.

Thanks.
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by Ejine(m): 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2013
apoti: I'm proud of my state (Ekiti State). We know we don't have money but we are not heavily indebted cool

Plus relatively clean, soot-free air.
True talk sha.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by Ejine(m): 6:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
KINGwax: The question I need to ask maself as a yigbo is: has our oyel failed us'?
If u're poor intellectually, even if u were given all the wealth in ds world, u will use them to improvish urself. I tell u!
13% allocation, nothing to show!
Arrant nansense!

Since when did Bayelsa become an Igbo state?
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by ChrisGnarly: 6:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
why abia no folow among d six? ok no wonder: he no pay wokers, no road, no current infrasructures, no new development. so TA, Orji is busy embesuling d little in d state
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by favinvest: 6:48pm On Mar 18, 2013
This has prove again that u don't bcom a wealthy state or nation or individual because u receive a lot of money but because of gud education and financial management.

Niger delta states are d worst in terms of non-oil wealth creation.

I believe the day dis oil economy will stop they will suffer the most cos they have no gud fertile land; oil poluted rivers and no education.

The north don't have education but atleast they have unpoluted lands.

SW will b d best place to b cos they have everything gud education; unpoluted land and gud financial skills, check d stock mkts u will knw wat am saying.

SE are d next dat will enjoy cos dey have already created a successful non-oil economy.

So I pity u youth and children of Niger delta una better wake now and start to question ur leaders oo

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ejiné: Jesus Christ. Not even Lagos made it... I don't understand.

Nigeria's statistics are always bloody inconsistent.

TARABA? Solvent?
*scratches head* undecided

I believe Lagos state IGR and GDP ($33 billion) are bigger than the debt, which is why the State isn't technically insolvent.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by danot1030: 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2013
CFCfan: Why on Earth will Bayelsa be indebted to the tune of over $1 billion, despite its huge allocations with regards to 13% derivation? Also, keep in mind that the state is one of the least populated in Nigeria.

Something is definitely fishy with Bayelsa's economic management team.

what do you expect from a state ruled by people destroying people (PDP), all the state affected are PDP states including the federal capital, a party where criminals are celebrated, Delta State have record of Ibori, Bayelsa State has record with Alam, yet some people born by criminals like their fathers in PDP will come to Nairaland to be making senseless comments against ACN States. Thank God the test was conducted by a committee headed by PDP vice president, maybe some people like their uncle Abati will says they smell rat by ACN again.
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by k2039: 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2013
CFCfan: Why on Earth will Bayelsa be indebted to the tune of over $1 billion, despite its huge allocations with regards to 13% derivation? Also, keep in mind that the state is one of the least populated in Nigeria.

Something is definitely fishy with Bayelsa's economic management team.
[size=13pt]You meant 'CORRUPTION'
[/size]
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by k2039: 6:59pm On Mar 18, 2013
Easyfren: . It's amazing u're proud dat ur state is not indebted but if u go to those indebted states, they're beautiful, well developed with ultra modern houses and roads not mud buildings of ages.
[size=13pt]If you meant Bayelsa, then you should have a rethink.
[/size]
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by k2039: 7:00pm On Mar 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Dimipreye Silvia needs to be in jail.
[size=13pt] Alongside Alams amd GEJ.
[/size]
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by danot1030: 7:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
apoti: I'm proud of my state (Ekiti State). We know we don't have money but we are not heavily indebted cool

Yes bros, i am proud for you as well though i am not from your state, that is the evidence of gud governance, let the thiefing party enter there today by tomorrow the account of that state will turn red, PDP a party on assignment to destroy any economic.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by danot1030: 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2013
Symphony007: there's nothing wrong with debt if it canthe money borrowed is used properly and the prospect of repayment bright. There's no doubt a state like cross rivers has used it's money well and they're capable of funding their debt. Your state is really economicall and infastructurally dull(no offense) and there's nothing wrong in taking up some debt to build up that state and spur growth, cause your current local and federal income won't just cut it!

I said it that crimals offspring are many in Nairaland, am sure you have not been bayelsa state or delta state to commensurate their income with the development there and then justify it with the debt on ground, Bode Judge offspring.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by itsmayiela(m): 7:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
it doesnt bother me cos they are all PDP states
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by ANYPEN(m): 7:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
these pdp states won't stop spending and wasting away the money they don't have. keep putting your the future of your children in debt.
good governance in SW... keep it up.
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by abbeybanks(m): 7:20pm On Mar 18, 2013
Men these states has cheese in their cofferz and yet the developmental stride is still nothing to write home about.

Look at Ebonyi, Zamfarawa with fat IGR hope their mechanism in servicing the debtz are in place? Because to owe is not the problem, the problem is to pay what you owe.

If those oil-rich states governors are committed to work for the people those money owe are even too small. why? They should borrow large amount and put the money to develop their state' economy and infrastruturez then more investorz will be interested in doing business there and the SMEs will want to pay tax because the state is working
And structurez of repayment/servicing the loan is laid. If this is done many of the vices currently in different regions may not even arise.
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by CyberG: 7:20pm On Mar 18, 2013
ChrisGnarly: why abia no folow among d six? ok no wonder: he no pay wokers, no road, no current infrasructures, no new development. so TA, Orji is busy embesuling d little in d state

Ol boy, you need to work on your atrocious spelling or use a spell-checker if you are too lazy to learn. What is "embesuling"?? LMAO grin grin
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by DobleO7: 7:46pm On Mar 18, 2013
Don't know what is happening in Cross River State..is the Governor sleeping?
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by omoregie7968: 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
asha 80: why should bayelsa and delta be in that list?

Must u copy the whole text.
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by seunfly: 7:59pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ejiné:

We are finished.

In short... Henceforth, I'm from Bamako, not Delta.

Thanks.
Ejine, i thought u are on the side of pdp that produce Ibori and uduaghan who has run this rich and beautifull state down.
Seriously we ve to consider alternative even if it is Dpp of ogboru.
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by gsalvatore: 8:02pm On Mar 18, 2013
CyberG:

Ol boy, you need to work on your atrocious spelling or use a spell-checker if you are too lazy to learn. What is "embesuling"?? LMAO grin grin
hahahahaahahaahha...."embesuling" hahahahahahaha. nairaland no go kill me joor. Is dat a name of a kinda sports or wat? Embesuling *smh*

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by engrfcuksmtin(m): 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
danot1030:

Yes bros, i am proud for you as well though i am not from your state, that is the evidence of gud governance, let the thiefing party enter there today by tomorrow the account of that state will turn red, PDP a party on assignment to destroy any economic.
Economy not economic; Olodo
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by mbhs139(m): 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2013
Interestingly, Yobe and Borno with their bombings here and there are not on that list. Does that mean their economy is flourishing, and that's why they are not on the danger list of states that are indebted? I'm just wondering you know, because they are definitely not a tourist neither a business destination.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by lekzyn(m): 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2013
[quote author=apoti]

Ekiti state land of honour. small but mighty with these visionary Governor's of ours who is striving with all might n power to make the state conducive for investors. come n see Ekiti state of 2013 with that of 2010 wen pdp was ruling the southwest region. Southwest are wise to have swept-out pdp out of the region. pdp is a failure to Naija
Re: Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: by IGBOSON1: 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
Geomac:

Per annum

^^^So what's the per annum IGR of Imo and Anambra then? I still think Ebonyi has a higher figure though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN / President Buhari Extols Late Senator Wakil’s Dedication / APC Appoints Abdulrazaq As Zoning Committee Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.