Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,468 members, 7,940,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 11:55 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (601993 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
kjbobo: Hello everyone...wanna start with d "old familiar line"....I'v been a silent observer for about a month.....@galala123 ....ur "preaching touched me...lol".... applied to University of Lethbridge for Masters in Health Science(major in Global Health)..my tuition?14k and got scholarship of 26k....I'm a Pharmacist...and will not mind hooking up with anyone going to Lethbridge for Fall2013
I submitted to VAC on the 7th of May(galala...e be like say we plenty for 7th ooo....lol) and waiting for medicals. My lil' advice will be for us to stay positive and worryless....It will surely come!A couple of friends btw last and dis month got der Medical call-ups exactly two months....a couple of us isnt up to yet....so lets chill.
So I welcome myself on board!
Don Siga....I love ur humility...its terribly commendable!

Welcome on board bros. Thanks for taking off your veil.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by lekside01(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2013
I have never been to Canada but thinking of going there to work. I have a UK professional course certificate. is there any hope and how do I go about it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2013
LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (Fall 2013)

1) accra2005: April 2
2) Kunle-akogun: April 4
3) efewhoa: April 18
4) Ceo mr cash: April 25
5) dommakavelli: May 2
6) luckydon: May 2
7) nuendo: May 2
8 ) bumfem: May 6
9) kjbobo: may 7
10) galala123: May 7
11) azeezwl: May 8
12) Pwunmi: May 10
13) Imadebaby: Please advise again!!!
14) vooz : May 23
15) tebenezer80: May 28
16) freshdude: May 30
17) ancient1: June 4
18) Aduke02: June 8
19) earthgreeners: June 11
20) efosa12345: June 13
21) smile13: June 21
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2013
lekside01: I have never been to Canada but thinking of going there to work. I have a UK professional course certificate. is there any hope and how do I go about it?

Was that an online certificate or UK in class certificate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by lekside01(m): 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Was that an online certificate or UK in class certificate?
ACCA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Ugoh11: 4:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
Huzzie: TEAM WINTER (JANUARY2014)
1. Huzzie PG Humber college
2. Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
3. Teexzle PG Lambton
4. Chrigo PG Lambton
5. Oreroyce UG UoRegina
6. Janut PG UoRegina
7. Humanshado PG UBC
8. Meyson UG UoRegina

N.B- If you are a prospective student for winter admission please indicate, you would have to provide your intended level and university/college .Cheers.
Add me Msc. UoManitoba/UoSask/UoRegina
Pls add me university of calgary nd memorial university msc. Geophysics
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 4:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
bullstriker: It should be the total cost of tuition and board for a yearbirth certificate from your church is acceptable.Moreover,your date of birth appears on most your documents like WAEC cert and PP.U would only have problem with it if the date of birth on other documents is not consistent,and if it is obtained recently.

Thank u @ bullstriker et al, what's ur final conclusion on birth certificate, do I need to go and apply for birth certifcate from npc? Or should I use the birth certificate I got from my church (catholic)

Finally, on funds available for my program, is it the total cost of tuition and board for a year? Or is it the total money in my sponsor account minus the total cost of tuition and board for a year?

Please help me out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
To report back to the House, I did my medical last week Saturday. Got medical call previous week Thursday. I submitted on May 2. I was not asked to pay for tuition nor boarding but did send along with my application the receipt for boarding deposit of $400 to secure a room, although I have been to Canada for more than 4 times in the past. However, as the waiting again begins, I dont know if I might be called for tuition payment and full boarding payment. I am self sponsor and if CDHC requests for payments I have the resources to pay same.

For those awaiting developments in their application, I pray that it would get to your turn.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by azeezwl: 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2013
nicemax:

Thank u @ bullstriker et al, what's ur final conclusion on birth certificate, do I need to go and apply for birth certifcate from npc? Or should I use the birth certificate I got from my church (catholic)

Finally, on funds available for my program, is it the total cost of tuition and board for a year? Or is it the total money in my sponsor account minus the total cost of tuition and board for a year?

Please help me out.

In my own opinion, Birth Cert. is not obligatory, afterall it is not stated in the required docs they needed you to submit, nobody will querry you for not sibmitting your birth certificate .

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
TEAM WINTER (JANUARY2014)
1. Huzzie PG Centennial/Humber
2. Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
3. Teexzle PG Lambton
4. Chrigo PG Lambton
5. Oreroyce UG UoRegina
6. Janut PG UoRegina
7. Humanshado PG UBC
8. Meyson UG UoRegina
9. Kicon PG centennial college
10. Teapea UG MUN
11. Cherokee ? Concordia/Dalhouise/UoRegina
12. Gwobo PG UoManitoba/UoSask/UoRegina
13. Ugoh11 PG Uocalgary/MUN

N.B- If you are a prospective student for winter admission please indicate, you would have to provide your intended level and university/college .Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by addey101: 10:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
Any good news in the house today ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by EMEKS86: 10:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
2. Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
3. Teexzle PG Lambton
4. Chrigo PG Lambton
5. Oreroyce UG UoRegina
6. Janut PG UoRegina
7. Humanshado PG UBC
8. Meyson UG UoRegina
10. Teapea UG MUN
I've been granted admission at UG level by UNB

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 11:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
TEAM WINTER (JANUARY2014)
2. Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
3. Teexzle PG Lambton
4. Chrigo PG Lambton
5. Oreroyce UG UoRegina
6. Janut PG UoRegina
7. Humanshado PG UBC
8. Meyson UG UoRegina
10. Teapea UG MUN
14. EMEKS86 UG UNB

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 12:17am On Jun 27, 2013
2. Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
3. Teexzle PG Lambton
4. Chrigo PG Lambton
5. Oreroyce UG UoRegina
6. Janut PG UoRegina
7. Humanshado PG UBC
8. Meyson UG UoRegina
10. Teapea UG MUN
14. EMEKS86 UG UNB

These are all the future Canadians, that would vote for a Nigeria going up for contention soon . . . See you all soon in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nobleman01: 1:30am On Jun 27, 2013
fiz1:

What should I fill about available fund?

And that place where they ask about tuition and living expense...should I be filling tuition for 1 year or 2 years? My program is 2yrs and I filled for 2 years

No matter what you put,they will still confirm your tuition fee,but the best is to put a year tuition fee coz thy are mostly concerned abt ur 1st year firstly. I have seen someone fill jst a semester and still got hr trv.
For the available funds,it is just as pronounced, d funds available for your education(inc tuition etc)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ancient1: 8:03am On Jun 27, 2013
azeezwl:

In my own opinion, Birth Cert. is not obligatory, afterall it is not stated in the required docs they needed you to submit, nobody will querry you for not sibmitting your birth certificate .

Correct. My birth certificate was actually returned to me at vac when I submitted, dude was like its not necessary.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 8:31am On Jun 27, 2013
ancient1:

Correct. My birth certificate was actually returned to me at vac when I submitted, dude was like its not necessary.

Yah cuz you can't get a passport wivout a date of birth. So they just use the DOB on your passport
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rilly2000: 8:36am On Jun 27, 2013
[b][/b] hey guys, please, I'm new on this trend... i received my offer letter from university of Saskatchewan for an undergraduate programme 15th of may, so since then, I've been chilling hoping that the visa wont last more than two weeks or a month, but later found out like a week ago that it last like 3-6 month... so now, i can resume this September again..... so guys, i need help about the documents i will be submitting and any other advisable clues... please guys, i need it as soon as possible, because i wanna start my application on Monday. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 27, 2013
Morning peoples,

Just left d embassy o,submited my LOI n enquired why my stu app is taking ages..d lady said 'student apps takes 4-6 months'..as if I didn't know

I'm going to get in touch wiv NBCC if I can resume winter 2014 in case these pple take d whole 6 months..then it wud hve passed sept 13 resumption

Good Luck Guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 9:55am On Jun 27, 2013
This is serious.

Is no news still good news? cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by azeezwl: 10:07am On Jun 27, 2013
rilly2000: [b][/b] hey guys, please, I'm new on this trend... i received my offer letter from university of Saskatchewan for an undergraduate programme 15th of may, so since then, I've been chilling hoping that the visa wont last more than two weeks or a month, but later found out like a week ago that it last like 3-6 month... so now, i can resume this September again..... so guys, i need help about the documents i will be submitting and any other advisable clues... please guys, i need it as soon as possible, because i wanna start my application on Monday. Thanks.

Dear bro, the best place I can refer you to in order to get the necessary list of docs the CDHC wants you to submit with your application is to click on this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp

Take your time and peruse through it. Note: if your sponsor have a landed property, it's an added advantage, dont worry yourself if you dont have one, it's not compulsory. Note: PUT GOD FIRST IN EVERYTHING YOU DO.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 10:34am On Jun 27, 2013
kunle-akogun:
Morning peoples,

Just left d embassy o,submited my LOI n enquired why my stu app is taking ages..d lady said 'student apps takes 4-6 months'..as if I didn't know

I'm going to get in touch wiv NBCC if I can resume winter 2014 in case these pple take d whole 6 months..then it wud hve passed sept 13 resumption. Good Luck Guys

God go do am... How u take get ur file no?, what r d steps u followed...i want to send in hard copies of my acceptance letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by azeezwl: 11:28am On Jun 27, 2013
earthgreeners:

God go do am... How u take get ur file no?, what r d steps u followed...i want to send in hard copies of my acceptance letter.

Didnt you submit your acceptance letter with the documents?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumfem: 11:30am On Jun 27, 2013
Thank you galala123 for listing me on. You are doing a good job in there. @Kunle-akogun... It is unfortunate that it takes CDHC 6mths to process study visa in Nigeria while same process requires 15days to complete in India despite more than triple volume of applicants from India. It is all about discrimination we are all talking about. Canada brought in 13,500 students from India in 2012 as against 2,400 from Nigeria because of this endless VO processing time.
I pray all your efforts shall be crowned with success IJN.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:37am On Jun 27, 2013
azeezwl:

Didnt you submit your acceptance letter with the documents?
i did submitted a print out of d soft copy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 11:48am On Jun 27, 2013
bumfem: Thank you galala123 for listing me on. You are doing a good job in there. @Kunle-akogun... It is unfortunate that it takes CDHC 6mths to process study visa in Nigeria while same process requires 15days to complete in India despite more than triple volume of applicants from India. It is all about discrimination we are all talking about. Canada brought in 13,500 students from India in 2012 as against 2,400 from Nigeria because of this endless VO processing time.
I pray all your efforts shall be crowned with success IJN.
This is purely discriminatory,humiliating and unacceptable.They are just degrading us.Imagine visa taking 6months to be processed,are they giving us visa to heaven?Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by azeezwl: 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
earthgreeners:
i did submitted a print out of d soft copy

thats ok bro, dont make anything look fishy. Save yourself of the stress of submitting another
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by aarejo: 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2013
Gud day aux...i want to apply for visa application and I av all d document ready xcept affidavit of support frm my uncle since his d one sposoring my education and I only av d letter of sponsorship frm him....is dat ok aux or I mst get d affidavit of sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:15pm On Jun 27, 2013
lucky Don: This is purely discriminatory,humiliating and unacceptable.They are just degrading us.Imagine visa taking 6months to be processed,are they giving us visa to heaven?Rubbish!

Some countries such as Turkey takes more time. I think the word discrimination is unfair to them. If they have to do all checks on us because of what they have heard and are hearing about us, don't you think we need to talk to ourselves on why we should build a better reputation for ourselves?

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by FastTracker: 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2013
Cover letters are key when applications are rejected! Great job BTW. I can not tell you how many times I have written cover letter and included this lovely little case called Mittel vs. Canada to get the CBSA is cooperate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 2:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
lucky Don: This is purely discriminatory,humiliating and unacceptable.They are just degrading us.Imagine visa taking 6months to be processed,are they giving us visa to heaven? Rubbish!
...We have talked about this before ...please lets leave all these negativity and focus more on the positive side guys....Canadian Visa process separates the Men from the Boys...

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2013
dotman:

@galala123, i am going for MSc Finance. I submitted to CDHC MArch 21st, gone for medicals and submitted my passport back and other requirments on the 11th of June, waiting for final decision.

They asked me to pay one year tuition and boarding which i have done.
Msc finance in which school and did u apply ursef or via agent

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.