Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,736 members, 7,918,261 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:13 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (599713 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
shayi12: After reading about d not so good news,I decided 2 break some not so good news 2 d house again dt unfortunately I wudnt be seeing ma family come september because I av been "called for medicals today". Canada here I come. Tnx 2 d house for d encouragement and chill pills. I used an agent btw.submitted May 15 VAC.av faith pple God wud perfect all.

documents submitted?. who is d sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
earthgreeners: NEWS CORNER

I am pleased to inform this house especially Fall 2013 applicants that CDHC are now working on early/mid May applications. (Met a girl who submitted May 7, she came to pick up her passport for medicals). I was at CDHC to submit a funding letter, also with me was a powerful member of the house @hayek who came to submit his passport and other documents after medicals (it was nice meeting you sir). Also met Coach Augustine Eguaveon who came to make inquiries. People complained bitterly about CDHC services, especially their processing time and negligence.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
galala123: LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (Fall 2013)

1) accra2005: April 2
2) Kunle-akogun: April 4
3)
4) dommakavelli: May 2
5) luckydon: May 2
6)
7) Gymme: May 3
8 ) bumfem: May 6
9) Shadams: may 6
10) galala123: May 7
11) kjbobo: May 7
12) azeezwl: May 8
13) Pwunmi: May 10
14)
15) vooz : May 23
16) tebenezer80: May 28
17) freshdude: May 30
18) adewaleafolabi: May 30
19) ancient1: June 4
20) earthgreeners: June 11
21) efosa12345: June 13
22) donteejay: June 20
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 12:03am On Jul 23, 2013
1. SOP
2. Birth certificate
3. University & NYSC cert
4. O' level cert
5. TOEFL result
6. Police character cert
7. Brother's SOA and sponsorship letter
8. Dad's house papers

earthgreeners: tell us the docx u submitted and ur sponsor. thtz d only way u can give back to d house
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 3:01am On Jul 23, 2013
Onye oma:

Did you attach a proof of his source of income?
The few people that have got their TRV from online application has been on scholarship which is pretty straight forward, the only exception I know of is 2-chains who besides attaching SOA, also attached his dad's company documents(which acted as source of income). In ur next application, try and attach his company documents(if he owns one) or employment letter (if he is a civil servant)...it matters a lot as source of income cos SOA isnt enough.

While praying, avoid sin esp women paroles...

Well said at onyeoma " avoid women paroles" that's the secret of trv.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 4:55am On Jul 23, 2013
Docs submitted are
1.Admission letter
2.Statement of result4rm uni
3.Certificate 4rm Uni
4. Waec certificate wid scratch card 4 dem 2 verify
5.Nysc certificate
6.Birth certificate
7. Police report 4rm UK(I have lived in UK 4 a while)
8 bank statemt 4rm my sponsor
9 company certificate of incorporation
10 CTC statement of share capital
11 Reference letter from the bank that my sponsor(my dad) has access to the funds I.e signatory
12. Property documents(houses)
13 family ties (submitted d datapage of my parents passports as proof)
14. Memo and art of Association(Company memo)
Quite a lot bt in all God was faithful to me and he wud also be faithful 2 oda expectants ds week
earthgreeners:

documents submitted?. who is d sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 23, 2013
Is there any tuition free schools in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Aduke02(f): 7:33am On Jul 23, 2013
Many congratulations!!! I got only the medical instructions myself. Since they didn't ask for any other thing, don't bother urself. If and when they need additional documents, they'll ask for them. Congrats again n where r u headed to?
smile13: Thanks bro.. and it was just the medical instructions I got in the mail, no other thing; I guess they will request for other stuffs later..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 7:48am On Jul 23, 2013
Nuendo: Please how did your medical call come? And when did your VFS status change? I submitted via VAC and got mine via mail from CIC. however VFS haven't updated their status. I hope this isn't the lousy Niaja factor at work. However I strongly believe my VFS status would change before the end of tomorrow. God is on charge.

I got email first, after about 24hrs +, I noticed that my vfs account changed, then they sent my a mail too, letting me know I have an instruction in their office. I'm going there today, came all the way from east.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 8:04am On Jul 23, 2013
Aduke02: Many congratulations!!! I got only the medical instructions myself. Since they didn't ask for any other thing, don't bother urself. If and when they need additional documents, they'll ask for them. Congrats again n where r u headed to?

Please how did you carry out the medical without the passport. Or are we meant to just go and do that and not worry about the package (tuition and board) at VAC??

Have others gotten their TRV's without these other instructions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 8:11am On Jul 23, 2013
I want to go to VFS today but i dnt want to be too hasty about the whole thing , i am assuming they havn't yet sent the docs to the vfs office. Oga siga has suggested i go to VFS to ask about the situation
frederal:

I got email first, after about 24hrs +, I noticed that my vfs account changed, then they sent my a mail too, letting me know I have an instruction in their office. I'm going there today, came all the way from east.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Aduke02(f): 8:22am On Jul 23, 2013
I applied online so my passport was with me.
Nuendo:

Please how did you carry out the medical without the passport. Or are we meant to just go and do that and not worry about the package (tuition and board) at VAC??

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 23, 2013
I think they Candle lose nothing by sharing is light, please I need information on how to apply for tourist visa in canada.. I have attempt to fill the form online and I was also given a personal checklist code but am really confused on how to get ahead with the application..

Please is there anyone out here that can put me through the process! My email : greatolanshi@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 8:41am On Jul 23, 2013
I did my medicals without passport. All you need is a valid recognized ID card. That's what I used. Then for the fee and board stuff, they requested one year tuition and board but my sponsor emailed them and that was it. When I emailed to know my status, they said all is well and that my file is under processing. That do do not need any additional thing from me. So I'm patiently waiting for my TRV.

Meanwhile I have got a class that starts today in Canada. I have gotten the material the prof shared for us and I can follow up anything even from here. Not ready to cancel the class, at least not now

Nuendo:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 8:56am On Jul 23, 2013
They haven't requested any fee and board from me. Which makes it all the more strange. I think i should juts go ahead and do the medicals to avoid delay in that department.

I'll check on VFS dis afternoon first if no reply by then, then I'll do the medics tomorrow mrn like that.

Problem is: the hosp i consulted (THE Children's Practice and Consultants, Raymond Njoku, Ikoyi) insist on original passport. Don't know how to go about this.

BESIDES PLEASE FROM THE HOUSE: ARE THERE INDIVIDUALS WHO WERE ISSUED TRV's WITHOUT BEING ASKED TO PAY FEES AND BOARD

uchi4jah: I did my medicals without passport. All you need is a valid recognized ID card. That's what I used. Then for the fee and board stuff, they requested one year tuition and board but my sponsor emailed them and that was it. When I emailed to know my status, they said all is well and that my file is under processing. That do do not need any additional thing from me. So I'm patiently waiting for my TRV.

Meanwhile I have got a class that starts today in Canada. I have gotten the material the prof shared for us and I can follow up anything even from here. Not ready to cancel the class, at least not now

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:01am On Jul 23, 2013
la'success:
I think they Candle lose nothing by sharing is light, please I need information on how to apply for tourist visa in canada.. I have attempt to fill the form online and I was also given a personal checklist code but am really confused on how to get ahead with the application..

Please is there anyone out here that can put me through the process! My email : greatolanshi@gmail.com

The bolded is highly uncalled for. If anyone has information, sure they will answer you. Kindly note that there are no free tuition schools in Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:05am On Jul 23, 2013
Nuendo: They haven't requested any fee and board from me. Which makes it all the more strange. I think i should juts go ahead and do the medicals to avoid delay in that department.

I'll check on VFS dis afternoon first if no reply by then, then I'll do the medics tomorrow mrn like that.

Problem is: the hosp i consulted (THE Children's Practice and Consultants, Raymond Njoku, Ikoyi) insist on original passport. Don't know how to go about this.

BESIDES PLEASE FROM THE HOUSE: ARE THERE INDIVIDUALS WHO WERE ISSUED TRV's WITHOUT BEING ASKED TO PAY FEES AND BOARD

I feel you are getting yourself so worked up. Take the chill pill and relax a bit. Someone already told you that you can do it with an original copy of a valid means of id thus, it isn't compulsory that the only hospital you can use is the one in Ikoyi.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xladym(f): 9:05am On Jul 23, 2013
Nuendo: They haven't requested any fee and board from me. Which makes it all the more strange. I think i should juts go ahead and do the medicals to avoid delay in that department.

i know a couple of people who were not asked to pay fees and board. but these people were on scholarships.
Also, it is possible that after your medicals, you'll receive further instructions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 9:21am On Jul 23, 2013
Nuendo:

They haven't requested any fee and board from me. Which makes it all the more strange. I think i should juts go ahead and do the medicals to avoid delay in that department.

BESIDES PLEASE FROM THE HOUSE: ARE THERE INDIVIDUALS WHO WERE ISSUED TRV's WITHOUT BEING ASKED TO PAY FEES AND BOARDhuh

GboyegaD:

I feel you are getting yourself so worked up. Take the chill pill and relax a bit. Someone already told you that you can do it with an original copy of a valid means of id thus, it isn't compulsory that the only hospital you can use is the one in Ikoyi.

Thanks for your swift response Gboyega. I would try and relax till tomorrow. Obviously , the reason am tensed is because of my start date and the myriad of things i need to get done before i travel. Aldo I know God would complete his work.

Also I chose that hosp because the other one in V.I (ASAJU) has been fully booked till next week Wednesday. I dont know of any other place. Thanks all THE SAME

xladym :

i know a couple of people who were not asked to pay fees and board. but these people were on scholarships.
Also, it is possible that after your medicals, you'll receive further instructions.

Thanks ladym: I am counting on that. God dey. I guess the CDHC may be sending out the med calls on time to shorten the final processing time.#just a guess
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 10:01am On Jul 23, 2013
Dear Lord,Please help us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2013
Collected my instruction from VFS now, they said: " pay one year tuition fees and board." Does board mean hostel accomodation?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:36am On Jul 23, 2013
frederal: Collected my instruction from VFS now, they said: " pay one year tuition fees and board." Does board mean hostel accomodation?

Not necessarily hostel but it means accommodation in general.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 23, 2013
how long does it take a Registered mail from Canada to get to Nigeria? Got an admission at Brandon university for winter 2014 and a letter of acceptance was sent on 11/7/2013. i tracked it on canadapost.ca and all i can see up till now is that the mail left canada (via VILLE ST-LAURENT in Quebec )on 15/7/2013. need my letter fast so that i can lodge my application ASAP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 11:35am On Jul 23, 2013
seunlovesa: how long does it take a Registered mail from Canada to get to Nigeria? Got an admission at Brandon university for winter 2014 and a letter of acceptance was sent on 11/7/2013. i tracked it on canadapost.ca and all i can see up till now is that the mail left canada (via VILLE ST-LAURENT in Quebec )on 15/7/2013. need my letter fast so that i can lodge my application ASAP

it stretches from 2-3 weeks. #in reality. calm down. If u haven't gotten it in the 4th week. email the school, I had the same problem, the school resent to me via DHL. i recvd that in 5 days.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olutimi1: 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
Nuendo:

Thanks for your swift response Gboyega. I would try and relax till tomorrow. Obviously , the reason am tensed is because of my start date and the myriad of things i need to get done before i travel. Aldo I know God would complete his work.

Also I chose that hosp because the other one in V.I (ASAJU) has been fully booked till next week Wednesday. I dont know of any other place. Thanks all THE SAME

Thanks ladym: I am counting on that. God dey. I guess the CDHC may be sending out the med calls on time to shorten the final processing time.#just a guess

My little advice- I think u shd wait for VFS cos for all you know there may be further instructions from CDHC.My experience with VFS has however taught me they could be a litle lax in their updating of tracking info. In my own case, my status changed on their site, but they forgot my med instructions envelope at CDHC as such my meds was delayed for a further period of two days.

I suggest you do not wait for your status to change, just go and meet them to get a definite answer and if the officers at the counter are evasive, please demand to speak to one of their indian ogas.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
olutimi1:
My little advice- I think u shd wait for VFS cos for all you know there may be further instructions from CDHC.My experience with VFS has however taught me they could be a litle lax in their updating of tracking info. In my own case, my status changed on their site, but they forgot my med instructions envelope at CDHC as such my meds was delayed for a further period of two days.

I suggest you do not wait for your status to change, just go and meet them to get a definite answer and if the officers at the counter are evasive, please demand to speak to one of their indian ogas.

GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR SUPERLATIVE RESPONSE. THIS IS JUST THE MOTIVATION I NEEDED. THANKS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
Please which airlines that fly to Canada is cheap?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 1:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ethopian air, egypt air, lufthansa, air canada, etc... Check wakanow.com

Read prvious post... From 5pages behind
VCTROKOYE: Please which airlines that fly to Canada is cheap?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 1:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
A dose of good news in the house please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
GOODNEWS:
My classes start today. I just got......

My Lecture notes and slides.... And

My T....

Term course assesment sheets. Lol. TRV in progress. 99.999%

PS: shey u wan hear goodnews. Isn't this goodnews? Lol. I hope this is a lil chill pile
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by addey101: 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
Good day to my people in the house. Now,I'm back again.... I hope you can all support me to bounce back with a new application. I have some questions though.. In my previous application,they asked what I've been doing since I finished high school and I listed farming ,like I'm self employed but couldn't provide more details about it . Is it advisable to change the employment status to NIL ? Also,I didn't submit my sponsor's company's certificate as a means of funds,I submitted his bank account statement only . Again,do I have to get his new and latest bank account statement ?? I submitted statement of account from January to June. Please ,come to my support. God bless us all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by addey101: 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
Since I can't meet my School start date. Can I change it from Fall(September) to Winter ( January ) ??

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.