Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,912 members, 7,883,164 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 04:15 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (595257 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
kjbobo:
Congrats bro....have a pleasant stay in Canny
Thanks you sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
kjbobo:
Congrats bro....have a pleasant stay in Canny
Thank you! We all get there if it the will of God
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by darmiepompom(f): 5:02pm On Aug 23, 2013
Hi, please what do you guys know about conestoga college? Is it a good school and its location?? Also please like how much altogether does one need to budget for for 1year pgd program like(fees,books,house,feeding,transport,general living costs) pls reply.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
@ Aduke and Dommakavelli: Thank you all!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by oghenet: 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2013
My friends,
Congrats to those that have received their TRVs this week and medical call ups.
And to all those that are expectant, I wish you the very best. You will not be disappointed Insha Allah.
To those that were refused, do not despair, if Abraham Lincoln could eventually become the president of the United States after the number of failed attempts to get into other offices, then success is certain if we can only dust ourselves up and try again (Aaliyah).
And to our veterans in the house, thank you. You really are touching lives in no small way.

I turned in the additional requested docs requested by the embassy to VFS today (tuition/accommodation fee receipts).
I really hope for the very best as I wrote to my school today and they confirmed to me that if I am not in school on September 3rd, I will have to defer my admission till next year September. And I am determined to fight till the very end because I resigned from my job a month ago when I received my medical instruction - July 19th (YES, shocking right?). I guess I have so much faith. Please put me in your prayers friends. I plan to go to the embassy on Monday.
I am believing God for a miracle.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumfem: 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
@all..I am yet to do meds...Just received mail from CIC that my passport has been dispatched to CVAC..by my experience this mean VISA denied.
I want to appreciate all my bosses and ogas in the house.
Oga Don...I are awesome, oga flemmy u are creative...oga kjbobo u are an orator... Oga chrgo u are helpful.
Thank u all and God bless u all.
Bumfem.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by darmiepompom(f): 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
Pleas I asked a question
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ancient1: 5:19pm On Aug 23, 2013
austinebode: Hi guys,

Just got back from VFS now.
I ve ben refused again make it 2nd time.
They gave the following excuses:
1. Insufficient fund: after I ve paid ♏γ̲̣ tuition fee and a bank statement of 2.5m.
2. Sponsor not credible:
Really don't understand cos I dnt tell them anybody. Will sponsor me-
First, ♏γ̲̣ employer will pay ‎​♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ half salary cos I doing a course inline wt ♏γ̲̣ job.
Secondly, a family friend will be taking care of ♏γ̲̣ accomodation and feeding during ♏γ̲̣ study.

Really don't understand.

Please advice.

really sorry to hear this.....when did you apply pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
oghenet: My friends,
Congrats to those that have received their TRVs this week and medical call ups.
And to all those that are expectant, I wish you the very best. You will not be disappointed Insha Allah.
To those that were refused, do not despair, if Abraham Lincoln could eventually become the president of the United States after the number of failed attempts to get into other offices, then success is certain if we can only dust ourselves up and try again (Aaliyah).
And to our veterans in the house, thank you. You really are touching lives in no small way.

I turned in the additional requested docs requested by the embassy to VFS today (tuition/accommodation fee receipts).
I really hope for the very best as I wrote to my school today and they confirmed to me that if I am not in school on September 3rd, I will have to defer my admission till next year September. And I am determined to fight till the very end because I resigned from my job a month ago when I received my medical instruction - July 19th (YES, shocking right?). I guess I have so much faith. Please put me in your prayers friends. I plan to go to the embassy on Monday.
I am believing God for a miracle.
I agree with you in Faith that you will get your TRV in Jesus name.Jesus said "If two or three on earth agree as touching a thing, it shall be done" .You will get it before that date! Cos I am also in that address. ...I resigned after getting my medicals (will not advise anyone to do except you have strong conviction to do so)!
I will advise you write a compassionate mail to them....very early Monday morning. ...and stay in Faith!
It is done!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 5:25pm On Aug 23, 2013
bumfem: @all..I am yet to do meds...Just received mail from CIC that my passport has been dispatched to CVAC..by my experience this mean VISA denied.
Oga Don...I are awesome, oga flemmy u are creative...oga kjbobo u are an orator... Oga chrgo u are helpful.
Bumfem.
Thanks bro...and I love your positive spirit. ..it will definitely take you places!
When you are in the best frame of mind....lets see what could have gone wrong!
Much love.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by oghenet: 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
kjbobo:
I agree with you in Faith that you will get your TRV in Jesus name.Jesus said "If two or three on earth agree as touching a thing, it shall be done" .You will get it before that date! Cos I am also in that address. ...I resigned after getting my medicals (will not advise anyone to do except you have strong conviction to do so)!
I will advise you write a compassionate mail to them....very early Monday morning. ...and stay in Faith!
It is done!

Thank you my brother. Amen. We shall all smile in the end.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by darmiepompom(f): 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
@Delta007 or @Siga kindly reply my post abeg. I duno weda d people here dey front to answer question again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
lucky Don: Congrats in advance...I go enter Enugu make u give me beer for your TRV.

Sure, thats not a problem. I've been in Lagos for one week now. Once I pick it on monday, I will leave d next day to Enugu.
Thanks Lucky Don
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by laureek: 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
Most probably
Amen.

frederal:
So we must have come across @ consultant practice...thank you. Yours is on the way
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2013
It is finished, blessed be the Most high God...I received another email with pdf...saying ur study permit has been APPROVED.
Great and Mighty God....mma mma!
I will ever remain grateful to you, especially Oga Siga.
Blessed assurance...JESUS NEVER FAIL
TRY GOD!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2013
darmiepompom: @Delta007 or @Siga kindly reply my post abeg. I duno weda d people here dey front to answer question again
You don't have to sound this way. ...That you haven't gotten an answer means those currently online probably don't have the answer!
The question on tuition,living and co is relative.It depends on the school and the area....and I barely know anything about the school you mentioned!
Just chill. ...and someone who knows will trash it out!
All the best bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by darmiepompom(f): 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
Haaa I am not a bro o, I'm a girl, thanks though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Gymme(m): 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
bumfem: @all..I am yet to do meds...Just received mail from CIC that my passport has been dispatched to CVAC..by my experience this mean VISA denied.
Bumfem.

Bro, so sorry to hear that. I knw God has a better plan for you. Never quit!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by thementor: 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
(PART A)
Good day all. I must confess that this is a very good and educative forum as regards the topic of studying abroad(specifically in Canada)and the various processes involved in the application of the Canadian Visa Respectively. I have been a silent follower on this forum, reading posts being dropped here as regards the various ways to go about processing your admission and Canadian Visas. To this point, I would like to share my own story to all those who are about applying and those awaiting their Medicals and TRV.

Now having gone via this process and now in Canada Studying, I would like to drop some points that helped during my own time which was just some months back. I have learnt that 4 key things are really required for the process and they are (A) GOD, (B) BE PREPARED (C) PATIENCE (D) BEING OPTIMISTIC AND POSITIVE. These four things really helped me during my own period of Application.

I applied in the month of March 2013, was called for my medicals on may 23rd, did my medicals on june 5th, status changed on vfs on july 25th, received my TRV on July 26th got an email from the CIC as regards the letter to be presented at the airport here for my study permit and here I am studying live in Canada.

Now please understand the following, to get a Canadian Study Visa is NOT DIFFICULT!!! Yes I stand to be corrected! All that is required of us all is to just follow these four processes and trust me you will get it easily.

I have come to observe that the Embassy watch out for some things

1. Educational Background: Many of us fail to understand that knowledge is power! I finished from the University in the year 2008, and ever-since I have been going for different trainings that will help develop my skills personally, I had attended workshops organized by LEAP Africa on Leadership and ethics skills, British Council, EDC Pan African University for short courses etc and I had also volunteered for a number of youth empowerment programmes just to add value one way or the other to the community and so when the need for me to apply for further schooling came, Education history was not a problem as indicated in the questionnaire by CIC.

THE POINT: Build yourself and Capacity, attend workshops that will help you out in your capacity building process, these guys like people who sincerely love knowledge. And that is why they ask in the questionnaire what have you been doing since you finished school?

2. FINANCE: This another very delicate area that is checked, they check for your finances to know if you are really capable. My advice get admitted, pay for your school fees before coming here( if its a two year course, pay for a year, let the remaining balance for the second year and the minimum amount required $10`,000 be in your account)if its a one year course pay for that year and let the minimum amount required $10`,000 be in your account, collect you receipt and submit it along with all of your documents. About the issue of sponsorship, I sincerely, don't know why there are rumors that they don't grant visas to those being sponsored by their company! I for one was sponsored by my company. Now to safe guard you, you can also get a letter of support from your parents and submit it along with their acc statement, but if they don't have buoyant account statement you can submit their stocks and landed properties along with the statement of account of the company sponsoring you and the letter of support from your parents.
....to be continued!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2013
frederal: It is finished, blessed be the Most high God...I received another email with pdf...saying ur study permit has been APPROVED.
Great and Mighty God....mma mma!
I will ever remain grateful to you, especially Oga Siga.
Blessed assurance...JESUS NEVER FAIL
TRY GOD!

Nwanne mmadu Big Congrats! Wia e de happen nah, u nid pop somtinx# above all chineke God is fully involved

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tolyem(m): 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2013
@ALL

HOW SOON CAN ONE START TO TRACK ON VFS WEBSITE AFTER SUBMISSION?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2013
tolyem: @ALL
You can start gently immediately
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:

Nwanne mmadu Big Congrats! Wia e de happen nah, u nid pop somtinx# above all chineke God is fully involved
Any how I wan happen, I dey ago. Ready!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
frederal:
Any how I wan happen, I dey ago. Ready!

I dey feel U broda! Seems ur headin to st john, cos dtz dsame place am headin too. Hopefuly expectin ma trv soon. U fit drop mi ur email mk we connect as per flight tinx.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
tolyem: @ALL

Immediately pls...

1st stage: 1-4 weeks - Check once in a day....just see for yourself that ur application is being processed...

2nd stage: 5-8weeks - In case any miracle happens...once in a day is ok as well...

3rd stage: 9-13 weeks...For medical instruction...like every 6 hours...

4th stage: 14-18 weeks...For God's intervention / their final decision after holding ur documents for long...check every 30mins...

I pray we don't witness stage 4 this time around...Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by azeezwl: 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
frederal: My brothers and sisters, I just got an email from CIC that my processed passport is ready for collection.
I don't want say much till monday when I get to VSF.
Meanwhile, this morning as I was reading my bible I issued words in spirit, commanding that I must get that today. I believed it...each time I looked at time, I get worried till I heard "gbim" I checked d email, it was from cic.
God, You are truly the Most High! I respect!
However, it turns out, a special thanks to Oga Siga, who when I'm must confused I seek counsel via email; to all the members of this forum, THANK YOU SO MUCH.
@Nuendo, I believe u delivered my msg to them, if not, don't worry anymore.

Congratulations Federal, which school and program are you going for? Undergraduate Or P.G?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by laureek: 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nuendo how far na.cdhc no give you message for us?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
darmiepompom: @Delta007 or @Siga kindly reply my post abeg. I duno weda d people here dey front to answer question again
....Nne.. When I saw ur post I was about to head out... just stepping back in.... Conestoga is a good school and recognised.... so, no need to sweat that.... the cost is relative like someone told u... tuition, cost of living and all is different.... Person A might be easy on spending...while Person B might be buying gucci shoes and chanel bags... so... that one relative.... Na u go check the school site and see how much it cost... most schools paste a relative cost for students....

BTW... I gat someone heading to Conestoga this weekend... so no wahala....

http://www.conestogac.on.ca/international/fees/index.jsp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by azeezwl: 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
darmiepompom: Hi, please what do you guys know about conestoga college? Is it a good school and its location?? Also please like how much altogether does one need to budget for for 1year pgd program like(fees,books,house,feeding,transport,general living costs) pls reply.thanks

It's in Kitchener, Ontario, check this link : http://www.conestogac.on.ca/admissions/tuitionfee/tuitionfee.jsp to get their fees
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldjnr: 7:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
Siga: ...Nothing dey shele... dont hit the panic button yet.... when is ur resumption?
@oga siga, my resumption date na Sept 3rd. Goin to prince Albert, Saskatchewan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 7:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
Gold_jnr: @oga siga, my resumption date na Sept 3rd. Goin to prince Albert, Saskatchewan
... U don do medicals? If so... no worry... God go do am pretty soon... time still dey... this weekend / Next week is gonna be a busy week for CDHC....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tolyem(m): 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2013
Onye oma:

Immediately pls...

1st stage: 1-4 weeks - Check once in a day....just see for yourself that ur application is being processed...

2nd stage: 5-8weeks - In case any miracle happens...once in a day is ok as well...

3rd stage: 9-13 weeks...For medical instruction...likye every 6 hours...

4th stage: 14-18 weeks...For God's intervention / their final decision after holding ur documents for long...check every 30mins...

I pray we don't witness stage 4 this time around...Amen.

Pls I think there is problem with vfs site this evening because, I tried to check my status but giving me a message like "no record found"

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.