Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,985 members, 7,973,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:41 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (605734 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
Siga: ....A friend used Stanbic mastercard right in front of me ... CIBC didnt take it , so we went to Royal bank and gbam... cash just dey flow....

Do you have any idea why?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Do you have any idea why?
.... The stupid ATM says "Your financial Institution has not authorised you to use this card" ....that's all...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
Siga: ....A friend used Stanbic mastercard right in front of me ... CIBC didnt take it , so we went to Royal bank and gbam... cash just dey flow....

I have been fortunate then cos I have used mine on 3different terminals and they worked. The only time I had challenge using it was on a POS terminal at The Bay and the manager asked the staff to use the Mastercard code and pronto, it worked.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
Siga: .... The stupid ATM says "Your financial Institution has not authorised you to use this card" ....that's all...

OK . . . My fear of those cards is what would happen if i ave an issue - cos most Nigerian institution will tell you to come to their office for them to be able to help you and for the level of usage i might be using, they might cut it off thinking someone stole the card.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
GboyegaD:

I have been fortunate then cos I have used mine on 3different terminals and they worked. The only time I had challenge using it was on a POS terminal at The Bay and the manager asked the staff to use the Mastercard code and pronto, it worked.

Ummmmm . . .Another learning!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:45pm On Sep 06, 2013
GboyegaD:

....Na Stanbic card u use ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 4:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
GboyegaD:

Oga, I take an exception to the bolded. The bank might have had its challenges like some other banks however, it fed families and it is still doing and some of us are proud to have worked and associated with the brand and even still maintain accounts with them.
Thank you for your understanding.
.....Nna oga mi...not disputing the fact that bank PHB isn't a good bank....just trying to pass an hidden message accross telling him dat i would rather go with a bank having longterm reputition e.g first bank...cuz i know say dem no fit collapse lai lai...lol....and besides bank PHB didnt compesate there shareholders after their collapse.....imagine after long years of ur stay in canny having accumulated billions of $$$ and coming to naija to invest in such bank only to discover dat it collapsed the following week after ur investment and didnt get any compensation....how would u feel sir?.......the fact that mr A Enjoys there service doesnt mean mr B does......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:12pm On Sep 06, 2013
ChriGo: .....Nna oga mi...not disputing the fact that bank PHB isn't a good bank....just trying to pass an hidden message accross telling him dat i would rather go with a bank having longterm reputition e.g first bank...cuz i know say dem no fit collapse lai lai...lol....and besides bank PHB didnt compesate there shareholders after their collapse.....imagine after long years of ur stay in canny having accumulated billions of $$$ and coming to naija to invest in such bank only to discover dat it collapsed the following week after ur investment and didnt get any compensation....how would u feel sir?.......the fact that mr A Enjoys there service doesnt mean mr B does......
...popopo...over the bar...Chrigogo...when u become Financial expert...lol...Anything can happen bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 4:25pm On Sep 06, 2013
Siga: ...popopo...over the bar...Chrigogo...when u become Financial expert...lol...Anything can happen bro....
...hahaha.....Haba!...chairman siga...u cant blame a dude for expressing is mind na....i know anything can happen which was why i added (lol) to my statement na....i no dispute d fact dat anything can hapen but make e sha no happen wen me wan invest ooo else me and my papa(siga) go get serious case oo grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Fhemmmy:

OK . . . My fear of those cards is what would happen if i ave an issue - cos most Nigerian institution will tell you to come to their office for them to be able to help you and for the level of usage i might be using, they might cut it off thinking someone stole the card.

You can also lodge your complaint on your internet banking profile. And for other banks, you can send emails to their call center. I have always maintained my Nigerian bank accounts and monitor it online from time to time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
Siga: ....Na Stanbic card u use ?

GTBank.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
ChriGo: .....Nna oga mi...not disputing the fact that bank PHB isn't a good bank....just trying to pass an hidden message accross telling him dat i would rather go with a bank having longterm reputition e.g first bank...cuz i know say dem no fit collapse lai lai...lol....and besides bank PHB didnt compesate there shareholders after their collapse.....imagine after long years of ur stay in canny having accumulated billions of $$$ and coming to naija to invest in such bank only to discover dat it collapsed the following week after ur investment and didnt get any compensation....how would u feel sir?.......the fact that mr A Enjoys there service doesnt mean mr B does......

I don't have challenges with your opinion but with the fact that you mentioned a particular bank. Many banks failed the stress test and I feel it would be better if you just use the term failed banks than dereputing any of them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
Nuendo, Dictalpha, and Smiles13:
If you are attending the Graduate Student Orientation today, I am sitting on the 5th seat from the left, 5rows from the back opposite the main projector to your left when you come into the hall. I am wearing a grey camoflague shorts with a black polo and a grey sweater. I have with me a green backpack for ease of identification.
Regards,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sparta300(m): 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hello house, I've been trying to submit my online application for the past 4hours...credit card wahala. Tried UBA mastercard & GTB. Waiting for a friends first bank mastercard, lemme try it. Na wa oh! Whew!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
GboyegaD:

I don't have challenges with your opinion but with the fact that you mentioned a particular bank. Many banks failed the stress test and I feel it would be better if you just use the term failed banks than dereputing any of them.
...hi hi captain...no problem....buh hope u know dat all banks are failed bank one way or the other sha.....see as 1st bank atm machine just chop my atm card yesterday mehn!!....dis same 1st bank am defending....anyway u'r right sir....expect me too in dat ya orientation...my ghost on d waygrin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by AmbassadorT: 6:27pm On Sep 06, 2013
ChriGo: ....Ahhhhhh which kind magic application be dis for God sake?.....mid july and got medics august......dis is just God,God,God at work mehn!!.....dat was a fast one bro.....bro abeg no try dis tin wey u try again ooo grin.....Visa processing takes 4-6months so dis ya own don break d rules....if God is involved in an application den f*ck rules jare.....i dy summa sort 4 ya bro now...lol....congrats.....I tap from ur bro's blessing....God is indeed the greatest.....

Thanks oh! God is indeed the greatest.
Hope to hear good news from your end.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by misturchris(m): 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
good day folks... I am here again with yet another question.please i had a look at SAIT polytechnic please do they take graduates for their diploma courses and does anyone know who has been taken.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by AmbassadorT: 6:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
Jekyll & Hyde:

Whoa! Just like that?

Congrats to your bro. smiley
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by AmbassadorT: 6:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
Siga: ....Ok....wey the Gala and Shepe....

No vex Oga Siga, my broda don waka before I fit organize the gala, I go settle you when I can
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
AmbassadorT:

Thanks oh! God is indeed the greatest.
Hope to hear good news from your end.
...Tanx bro...God = success so i believe...see ur bro in canny...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
mistur_chris: good day folks... I am here again with yet another question.please i had a look at SAIT polytechnic please do they take graduates for their diploma courses and does anyone know who has been taken.thanks
...Bro why wont they take graduates? Is there admission requirement Masters/PHD degree holder?...hmmm!!...i have read sum peeps apply there and got admited...just go tru the sch's admission requirement on there website....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by azeezwl: 7:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
ChriGo: ...@azeezwl....u av finally succeded in fying my eyes wit ya quote....mehn!! Dat tin wey u quote long oo...Kilode.....are u trying to let the house know the @sign is not included in ur fone botton?grin...lol...u funi sha....

Oga ChriCome, I'm trying to manage the number of @ I use, e be like the ''pls call me'' sms wey mtn dey give and na 5 be the highest for a day, naso my phone own be, the number of @ sign you fit use for my phone for a day na 4, so me self no wan waste am jare.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:17pm On Sep 06, 2013
azeezwl:

Oga ChriCome, I'm trying to manage the number of @ I use, e be like the ''pls call me'' sms wey mtn dey give and na 5 be the highest for a day, naso my phone own be, the number of @ sign you fit use for my phone for a day na 4, so me self no wan waste am jare.
...hahaha chriCome bitibo....u talk say u dy manage the numba of @ sign...why e cum be say dis ur reply to me cum get two @ sign?....smh....make u sha maximize dis ya @ sign well and stop frying peeps eyes..lol...grin...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by azeezwl: 7:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ ChriCome

I just subscribed to an hour @ sign. No probs, infact I go just do the way you talk am.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@. I beg make una no vex oh, na Oga ChriCome say make I maximize my @ sign oh grin grin grin

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by misturchris(m): 7:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
Baba thanks mehn!!!! U always seem to be the one to answer me.i appreciate a lot.God bless u brother.i plan on starting at SAIT if I can get MUN then maybe transfer to Calgary for masters.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Gymme(m): 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
@GboyegaD and Kjbobo, I noticed both of u do connect to the internet while travelling out of †нє country (Nigeria), pls how do u browse wen u got stop-overs. Abi Naija mobile networks dey worldwide ni? Anybody sabi too? Nobody be island of knowledge o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
.....better package for international students to kick off jaunuary 2014.....student do not have to wait 6months before applying for offcampus work permit.....yipee!!....now ChriGo can get a better paid job offcampus when he gets to canny...instead of earning peanuts on campus...... .....@azeezwl hmm if s******w*s catch u ehn!!....i sorry 4 u....lol....@manover pls wat course are u applying for? And whats ur uni's cgpa.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 9:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
Gymme: @GboyegaD and Kjbobo, I noticed both of u do connect to the internet while travelling out of †нє country (Nigeria), pls how do u browse wen u got stop-overs. Abi Naija mobile networks dey worldwide ni? Anybody sabi too? Nobody be island of knowledge o.

there is wifi on airplane. though Emirate will allow u to browse free for the first 30mins i guess then charge u like $5 or so afterward.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 9:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
edunwanegbo:
@shayi: when did u apply?

Hey I applied 15th may 2013..need any help?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
AmbassadorT:
Thanks

You're welcome. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
Siga: ...I dey sight enough TRV holders .... good one guys....within a week ...una don turn observers....

I double sight u Chief Siga 1 of Toronto!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
GboyegaD:

GTBank.
.......exactly...was only talking about Stanbic...not Gtb ... Gtb works fine...

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (444)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.