Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,986 members, 7,883,415 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:22 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (595271 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rockar: 8:42am On Apr 20, 2013
djake: Sup everyone...i regd here since Aug 24,2011 but i no dey even enter d place,na jez now now self i say mk i try login come rem say i even get account here grin.....
Please I have a quick question for the been-there-done-that ppls we have here,abeg how long does it take for a Canadian visa to be ready after application? The website say 90days (dts 3months) but anoda source is sayn 6months,so i want to hear from ppl wey don do am...........
Thanks good ppl.........

4-6 months
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rockar: 8:47am On Apr 20, 2013
abeg is it compulsory to pay for accomodation if cdhc directs u to do? because how can one pay for accomodation u have not seen? im just curious. cos one may decide to live with a friend when one gets there. what does one do if cdhc directs someone to pay for accomodation, but u wanna stay with a friend and u dont even want cdhc to know? anything one could say or is everybody paying for accomodation shocked ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 9:12am On Apr 20, 2013
Good morning guys,is it advisible to package your sponsorship letter in a small sealed white envelop,crested with the company's name?am think it may potray some kind of credibilty...advise pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rockar: 9:55am On Apr 20, 2013
lucky Don: Good morning guys,is it advisible to package your sponsorship letter in a small sealed white envelop,crested with the company's name?am think it may potray some kind of credibilty...advise pls.

dont bother ur sef with any envelop, cos if u wan submit tru VAC, them go commot all the envelops while arranging ur documents. even transcripts that was sealed and addressed to CDHC will be teared opened and removed from the envelop... letterhead paper is advisable.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chrisobas(m): 10:21am On Apr 20, 2013
Please guys, I want to apply MSc in Memorial University Newfoundland but seem not to know how to get the application form even on their site.Please help me as I want it asap.
Thanks for your great works.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:30am On Apr 20, 2013
rockar: abeg is it compulsory to pay for accomodation if cdhc directs u to do? because how can one pay for accomodation u have not seen? im just curious. cos one may decide to live with a friend when one gets there. what does one do if cdhc directs someone to pay for accomodation, but u wanna stay with a friend and u dont even want cdhc to know? anything one could say or is everybody paying for accomodation shocked ?

From my experience on this site, you can arrange for off-campus accommodation. Get a letter wit full contact of your landlord, stating the accommodation is available for you and you've agreed to pay on arrival because your school warned new students not to pay for accommodation until you arrive. Print a page of that info and attach it wit d letter. You can get a letter from the off-campus accommodation unit of your school too.

If you wish to live with a friend, it's better if you won't b sharing a single room.
Write a letter to explain why you wanna live wit your friend. E.G you're a JJC (b smart wit ur reasons n pls, don't shoot yourself on d leg)
Tell your friend to write a letter too, with his full contact, that you're gonna b living wit him. Get d copy of his bills and attach wit d letter.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 10:31am On Apr 20, 2013
rockar: abeg is it compulsory to pay for accomodation if cdhc directs u to do? because how can one pay for accomodation u have not seen? im just curious. cos one may decide to live with a friend when one gets there. what does one do if cdhc directs someone to pay for accomodation, but u wanna stay with a friend and u dont even want cdhc to know? anything one could say or is everybody paying for accomodation shocked ?

in such a case, you can try pay for one month, or at least pay one month school accommodation fee into ur student account (since u can withdraw that later), and write a note that you prefer to stay off campus but you have paid for the first month in school while you inspect the off campus accommodation.. something like that..
note dt you will most likely need to include proof that you actually have the funds (printout of current bank balance on d internet banking page worked for me).
what i just described is exactly what i did, and it worked for me.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 10:37am On Apr 20, 2013
chrisobas: Please guys, I want to apply MSc in Memorial University Newfoundland but seem not to know how to get the application form even on their site.Please help me as I want it asap.

i just checked and it looks pretty straight.. try start from here http://www.mun.ca/programs/ and select your program.. i see they also have a live chat, you might wanna ask for help if you lost.. plus when u choose your program, emailing the specific program coordinator will help u plenty if u need any..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:38am On Apr 20, 2013
kenniy:

in such a case, you can try pay for one month, or at least pay one month school accommodation fee into ur student account (since u can withdraw that later), and write a note that you prefer to stay off campus but you have paid for the first month in school while you inspect the off campus accommodation.. something like that..
note dt you will most likely need to include proof that you actually have the funds (printout of current bank balance on d internet banking page worked for me).
what i just described is exactly what i did, and it worked for me.

Sup bro,wanna have a private chat with you concerning accommodation @ uOttawa...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 11:04am On Apr 20, 2013
Please I want to know if a police certificate must accompany your application. I'm a lil far from Lagos right now and my job is really not making it easy. So is it possible that they ask for the police certificate later.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 11:07am On Apr 20, 2013
onuawuchi: Please I want to know if a police certificate must accompany your application. I'm a lil far from Lagos right now and my job is really not making it easy. So is it possible that they ask for the police certificate later.

its in d checklist.. so u actually have to submit with ur application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 11:13am On Apr 20, 2013
Onye oma:

Sup bro,wanna have a private chat with you concerning accommodation @ uOttawa...

replied
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2013
onuawuchi: Please I want to know if a police certificate must accompany your application. I'm a lil far from Lagos right now and my job is really not making it easy. So is it possible that they ask for the police certificate later.
Since u are submitting ur app personally to Vac,u can get it on the day of submission by rushing to CID headquarters in the morning...i heard it just takes a few hours to get.also go with a passport photo and a photocopy of ur int'l passport data page.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 12:19pm On Apr 20, 2013
mozo: Brothers, thanks for the good will messages, the Lord will perfect if for us all.

@Huzzie, it will come in due time, the important thing be say e go sha sure, no disturb yourself.

@teexle my school is Royal roads, start date is September

Documents i submitted were all the forms from the CDHC website, my employment letter, letter of introduction, payslip, bank account, NYSC discharge, SSCE result, University statement of result, a copy of my Id card and my pension statement, affidavit.

Then my bros account statement, Id card (photocopy)data page of his passport (please note say i no submit any pissure of my family members). Letter from his office, letter of promotion, fixed account.

Thats all i can remember for now as my docs still dey with them.

congrats bro. did u submit ur transcript to cdhc or jst d statement of result cos transcript is delaying me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2013
lucky Don: Since u are submitting ur app personally to Vac,u can get it on the day of submission by rushing to CID headquarters in the morning...i heard it just takes a few hours to get.also go with a passport photo and a photocopy of ur int'l passport data page.
Police clearance is nt part of the docs i was asked to submit, any need?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tosinboris: 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2013
Please does anybody know anything about college of the north atlantic. I want to Apply for a diploma in aircraft maintenance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Jokzoh: 1:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
So I finished my first semester exams yesterday. It's been very stressful hence hard to keep up with tinz here. Glad "boys" are still striving to make their dreams a reality. Just like @Siga would say its not all rozy here but definitely a better struggle than 9ja. I want to say thank you to Siga especially for the good work he's doing here. His advice and that of many others have definitely helped some of us crossover to this end of the pond. Cheers to the house![color=#000099][/[b][/b][b][/b]color]

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Jokzoh: 1:05pm On Apr 20, 2013
tosinboris: Please does anybody know anything about college of the north atlantic. I want to Apply for a diploma in aircraft maintenance

@All; Does anyone in the house has facts on this college. Just checked and their tuition is kind of too cheap. Im not sure if it one of those colleges u can't use to get PR.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bornmade: 1:31pm On Apr 20, 2013
chrisobas: Please guys, I want to apply MSc in Memorial University Newfoundland but seem not to know how to get the application form even on their site.Please help me as I want it asap.
house,to those who have succeeded in getting admission, pls how did you pay your application fee cos me dont have credit card o. help cos time is running out,
i have the same problem with memorial university, cant find the application form. plss heeellllpppp! cry cry cry cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 1:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
sampitts: Police clearance is nt part of the docs i was asked to submit, any need?

Police clearance is as important as your sponsor's statement of account
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bornmade: 2:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
step-by-step guide in finding a supervisor for graduate studies
http://bemysupervisor..com/2013/04/do-you-need-to-get-supervisor-for-your.html
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bornmade: 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2013
check http://bemysupervisor..com/2013/04/do-you-need-to-get-supervisor-for-your.html for help on getting a supervisor
earthgreeners: From University of Saskatchewan> School of Environment and Sustainability

Thank you for your enquiry.

Our Admissions Committee reviewed your application and determined that you were a strong student and qualified for admission. In order to admit any student, we must first identify a faculty member who can take on the responsibility of supervising that student's research. At the present time, your application is among those that are being circulated among our faculty members for consideration in this regard. If we are able to secure a faculty supervisor, then an offer of admission will be forthcoming.

We certainly do understand the time constraints that are faced by international applicants, and we try to communicate admission decisions as quickly as possible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bornmade: 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2013
check http://bemysupervisor..com/2013/04/do-you-need-to-get-supervisor-for-your.html for help on getting a supervisor
ferdimako:
Again? Find these supervisors!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 2:24pm On Apr 20, 2013
Jokzoh:

@All; Does anyone in the house has facts on this college. Just checked and their tuition is kind of too cheap. Im not sure if it one of those colleges u can't use to get PR.

Oga jokzoh! How canny nah? Omo I've read all your posts and seen it took you 109days to get your TRV from 28aug to December 24. I am applying for mine on Wednesday, my father has been postponing but he just gave his final word as Wednesday next week. My schools resumes in 125days dats August 27th. Do u think I can still make it? And yeh it's seneca college Toronto. And yeh about mobile phones, my frnd wud be going to Canada soon. He said I shud ask if you can get a contract Lin and fone as a first yr international student.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bornmade: 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2013
am planning to apply but cant find their application form
dommakavelli: Anyone heading to MUN?
Pls let's hook up
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bornmade: 3:24pm On Apr 20, 2013
pls how did you fill the graduate forms cos am having problems with them
olawunmi_samuel: I am.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2013
Good day all, I av a long story to tell. I'v bn off dis thread for a couple of days due to d heavy load on my mind. Very depressed. Hope u can help share in dis burden and give possible solutions dat will give me my visa because I'v gone thru a lot not to get d visa.
Having gone to d embassy twice, I found out 3 days ago dat I av a letter at vfs dated 28th March. Long story, but in brief: they said the fcmb account I submitted is forged. They gave me 30 days which wil end dis month end to get a letter from my bank head office that they are at error, stating how they made the error, else suffer 2 years ban. After calling my agent to explain to him, he admitted to hav forged one of d accts.
I submitted 2 bank statements and 1 fixd deposit totalling about 3.2M to my agent. All accts belonging to my dad. One of dem having good cash flow of average of 1million per month but a current balance of abt 1M. The other is fixd ( dad fixed it to pay my tuition) and d 3rd is a non busy savings acct dat dad doesn't use but was advised to include it's statement so dad started running it since den but printed acct bal of 253k. The agent promised to add money to d acct and collected extra charge for d financial service, I admit that. Lo and behold, he forged anoda acct and replace d savings acct. NEITHER DAD NOR I WAS INFORMED OF THEIR PLAN TO FORGE, else I'd hav vehemently objected, being fully aware dat embassies confirm statements cos I'v worked in a bank before.
Now I'v made all moves to take it up legally, having involved a lawyer and planning to involve ikeja police command on monday to report d case and prove my innocence thinking that will help but later realize dat they ddn't feel it in d form dat I'm using an agent and I signed dat form. Yea, stupid of me!!! So I can't possibly assume innocent position at d embassy.
Pls everyone, in addition to any comment, pls share anything dat u think culd help. I want dat visa. Believe me, I'm innocent. Just thot of goin to d bank head office wt copies of d print outs I gave to d agent to see if they cab help wt any kinda letter, not minding if it'll implicate d agents. I'm worn out totally!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:49pm On Apr 20, 2013
ZionSpecie.....Sorry to hear this...but based on our correspondence over this issue past few days...I have advised that this agent needs to be punished....he cant do this and get away with it....I have told u, CDHC will be very stubborn at the moment and be very hard to convince u have no idea of wat is really happening....U never told me u didnt sign a form by the agent....wat kinda agent is that? Like u said...u have to involve ur lawyer....have him represent u and fight for u....if u want a visa from CDHC, u will have to fight ooo...with God first and the help of ur lawyer....he alone can help out here bro....best of luck...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2013
ZionSpecie: Good day all, I av a long story to tell. I'v bn off dis thread for a couple of days due to d heavy load on my mind. Very depressed. Hope u can help share in dis burden and give possible solutions dat will give me my visa because I'v gone thru a lot not to get d visa.
Having gone to d embassy twice, I found out 3 days ago dat I av a letter at vfs dated 28th March. Long story, but in brief: they said the fcmb account I submitted is forged. They gave me 30 days which wil end dis month end to get a letter from my bank head office that they are at error, stating how they made the error, else suffer 2 years ban. After calling my agent to explain to him, he admitted to hav forged one of d accts.
I submitted 2 bank statements and 1 fixd deposit totalling about 3.2M to my agent. All accts belonging to my dad. One of dem having good cash flow of average of 1million per month but a current balance of abt 1M. The other is fixd ( dad fixed it to pay my tuition) and d 3rd is a non busy savings acct dat dad doesn't use but was advised to include it's statement so dad started running it since den but printed acct bal of 253k. The agent promised to add money to d acct and collected extra charge for d financial service, I admit that. Lo and behold, he forged anoda acct and replace d savings acct. NEITHER DAD NOR I WAS INFORMED OF THEIR PLAN TO FORGE, else I'd hav vehemently objected, being fully aware dat embassies confirm statements cos I'v worked in a bank before.
Now I'v made all moves to take it up legally, having involved a lawyer and planning to involve ikeja police command on monday to report d case and prove my innocence thinking that will help but later realize dat they ddn't feel it in d form dat I'm using an agent and I signed dat form. Yea, stupid of me!!! So I can't possibly assume innocent position at d embassy.
Pls everyone, in addition to any comment, pls share anything dat u think culd help. I want dat visa. Believe me, I'm innocent. Just thot of goin to d bank head office wt copies of d print outs I gave to d agent to see if they cab help wt any kinda letter, not minding if it'll implicate d agents. I'm worn out totally!!!
at this point i understand you are between scylla and charybdis. inorder to prove sincerity you have to do what the embassy says,even if it means robbing peter to pay paul

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:10pm On Apr 20, 2013
buchxx:
at this point i understand you are between scylla and charybdis. inorder to prove sincerity you have to do what the embassy says,even if it means robbing peter to pay paul
...How can he rob peter to pay Paul when the said account the Agent produced is non-existent.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2013
@ all good members of this great forum and family, please, please and please let us all try to avoid agent that do call themselves ONLINE DYNAMICS because they are the ones that have gotten our brother Zionspecie into this shit.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2013
xtus: @ all good members of this great forum and family, please, please and please let us all try to avoid agent that do call themselves ONLINE DYNAMICS because they are the ones that have gotten our brother Zionspecie into this shit.

Thanks

God bless you for passing across this crucial info...

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.