Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,655 members, 7,889,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:01 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491410 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
Foohard, to be candid, your chances are very slim. I think it's somewhere in the current Immigration and Nationality Act that you can't have two open petitions at a time. Yes, you can still give it a shot since you've come this far and have fairly nothing to lose.

@Bigfrancis, you are somewhat right about the proposed revised immigration bill. Yes, it has been passed by the senate but it is still very far from becoming a law. It still has a very high hurdle of surviving the republican-controlled house because, unfortunately, the bill is not supported by the GOP.

We can only hope for the best compromise between the senate and the house.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sonit99: 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2013
Hi,
My name is Dare and am studying in USA. Please I an advice for all student going to America; if you are smart and are looking to work hard please do not go to the university of Minnesota for the sake of yourself and family.They are very racist here and have a systemic racist system where they repress you and wont let you succeed academically. A word is enough for the wise, all that rankings is politics and fraudulent.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theDonBee: 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21: @FooHard

On a second thought, the old immigration US law may not apply to you given the new US immigration law just passed two days ago. My former post to you was based on the old US immigration system. However, an immigration law overhaul has been passed in the senate house two days ago and the new system is totally different from the old system. Maybe, that's why the VOs have decided to change interview tactics. Who knows. You maybe lucky at your interview, who knows. Wish you the best.

The bill just scaled thru one hurdle. Still has another major hurdle to pass through which is the House of Reps which is predominantly Republican...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 9:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
sonit99: Hi,
My name is Dare and am studying in USA. Please I an advice for all student going to America; if you are smart and are looking to work hard please do not go to the university of Minnesota for the sake of yourself and family.They are very racist here and have a systemic racist system where they repress you and wont let you succeed academically. A word is enough for the wise, all that rankings is politics and fraudulent.

Are you a student there or an employee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nigerianphoenix: 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2013
My post was hidden. What is wrong with sharing my experiences with paying my SEVIS fee through a 'non-profit' organization? I think my previous questions and posts more than prove that I am a genuine visa applicant and not a scammer. I paid for my SAT examination through them too. I am more than a little annoyed at this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 10:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
nigerianphoenix: My post was hidden. What is wrong with sharing my experiences with paying my SEVIS fee through a 'non-profit' organization? I think my previous questions and posts more than prove that I am a genuine visa applicant and not a scammer. I paid for my SAT examination through them too. I am more than a little annoyed at this

We do not promote any agent here.

Whether you are a genuine applicant or a scammer that is the least of my prob.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

@Imperiouxx, I'm even surprised with such a human being like this Bigfrancis.. The guy is so kind hearted..

You need to see the way he will write a long page summary just to make you understand. Somethin which I know might have even taken him 30 minutes or even more to write.

The Guy is highly Intelligent. It shows all over his post.

Abeg, Bigfrancis is God sent. You deserve to take the Man of the Year for Nairaland Travel section this year.... Seriously.. No other person can do this thin he his doing...

@Bigfrancis is da BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!! U r da BOMB!!!!!!!!! Bro.... Keep it up!!!!!!!

Bigfrancis is the best.... I'm saying twale sir!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 10:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
Chei! I'm running fast to catch up with this thread these days. 3 days off 10 pages to meet up, read nothing but just scroll through each page. cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
To the new visa celebs,

Cheers pals!

To olarwarlay,

I don't forget you in my anxieties. This is for you my brother

To bigfrancis,

Saying twale to you one more time sir. You deserve this

To gboyegaD,

It's nice seeing you around here once more, at least keeping hope of new members alive. This for you sir

To my supra-mod justwise,

It's good to see you still kicking miscreant a-sses, I'll soon join back in the campaign like I used to. Still having some personal issues to sort out. This is my regard sir

To all thread-mates keeping the thread at fast pace with intelligent posts,

You shall get there one day. This is for my respect to you all.

*I'm out for a while again* undecided

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OpeThanks: 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2013

I was on the same airplane (Royal AirMaroc) with a guy heading to Minnesota last year August. For some reasons, we did not exchange email addresses. We sat together from Morocco to Chicago. I just want to know if that was you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
nigerianphoenix: I'm not yet 18. Do I need to take one of my parents to the interview?

No! You are going to be interviewed alone!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:26pm On Jun 30, 2013
imperiouxx: Chei! I'm running fast to catch up with this thread these days. 3 days off 10 pages to meet up, read nothing but just scroll through each page. cry

That's how it usually is if you take just a few days off the thread. grin

imperiouxx: To bigfrancis,

Thanks bawse! You're the main man. Please don't leave us here. cry The thread misses our main guru.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Edman2012(m): 11:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
pls house, i need appointment date for july in abuja. Please if any available dates for july contact me via this email/phone no... Gbenga_edo@yahoo.com or 07084799787. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 12:57am On Jul 01, 2013
House, I also need appointment date in abuja for July.. I have 31 of July for lagos buh I want abuja.

Pls contact me on 08033954209 or fuad@folu-osom.com

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by charleeez(m): 12:58am On Jul 01, 2013

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:27am On Jul 01, 2013
Edman2012: pls house, i need appointment date for july in abuja. Please if any available dates for july contact me via this email/phone no... Gbenga_edo@yahoo.com or 07084799787. Thanks.

We just entered the month of july and the law of visa interview appointment booking says you can only book a date at least one month ahead of the day you're booking. Meaning that if dates pop out today being july 1, 2013, the dates will be from august 1 upwards and not below. In other words, you're not likely to get any july dates again except if someone who already booked a date for july decides to drop his appointment, then that date will be available for selection. But the chance of this happening is very slim.

Further example, the last time dates popped for Lagos was on June 29 2013 and the available interview dates for selection were from July 29 2013 (exactly one month ahead) upwards to August 1 2013. Meaning that the next time dates show (likely to be tomorrow, July 2, 2013), the available interview dates will be from August 2, 2013 and above.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:35am On Jul 01, 2013
foohard: House, I also need appointment date in abuja for July.. I have 31 of July for lagos buh I want abuja.

Pls contact me on 08033954209 or fuad@folu-osom.com

Thanks

Just as I addressed the previous poster, you can't get July dates for Abuja no more because we are already in the month of July except if someone who had booked initially for Abuja this july decides to drop his appointment.

However, you can reach an agreement with someone for Abuja who decides to go to Lagos while you are for lagos wishing to switch to Abuja, then you guys can swap dates. Its a mutual agreement. If you guys can meet in person, better. You both will log in at the same time and cancel your previous dates simultaneously. Then both dates will become available for selection. Then immediately you two will quickly pick each other's former dates. Deal sealed#. Make sure you do the swapping quickly, before some opportunist who happens to be booking at the same time you guys are booking steals your date and calls himself very lucky. cheesy

@House: Lagos embassy has been having more approvals than Abuja recently. Anybody with an Abuja date who wants to stand a higher approval chance should switch to Lagos.

PS: The swapping should be done secretly. Don't come up here posting when you've cancelled your date neither should the other person post when he has cancelled his date before some mischievous member decides to log in immediately after seeing the announcement to take the date thus spoiling your swapping plans. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by StFrank2(m): 2:30am On Jul 01, 2013
Edman2012: pls house, i need appointment date for july in abuja. Please if any available dates for july contact me via this email/phone no... Gbenga_edo@yahoo.com or 07084799787. Thanks.
same as me too.... frankoluchi@yahoo.com 08024102077.Thanks y'all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 4:53am On Jul 01, 2013
imperiouxx: Chei! I'm running fast to catch up with this thread these days. 3 days off 10 pages to meet up, read nothing but just scroll through each page. cry

This whole thread misses You bro, pls get back soon.

imperiouxx:

To olarwarlay,

Thanks a bunch bro, I'm glad I can always count on You... God bless You more and more!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 7:48am On Jul 01, 2013
charleeez: JUSTWISE
Are you responsible for hiding my post on issues relating to told her/told him,,,bleep course..bleep university?
if so i would like to get an explanation because i used no offensive word or how do things get done around here!.
I rarely post here but took out time to elaborate on a development on our thread only to find out my post was hidden.
I would please like an explanation.
I hope you get to see this.

Re-post without using fowl language, that was why it was hidden.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 7:50am On Jul 01, 2013
imperiouxx: To the new visa celebs,

Cheers pals!

To olarwarlay,

To bigfrancis,

To gboyegaD,

It's nice seeing you around here once more, at least keeping hope of new members alive. This for you sir

To my supra-mod justwise,

It's good to see you still kicking miscreant a-sses, I'll soon join back in the campaign like I used to. Still having some personal issues to sort out. This is my regard sir

To all thread-mates keeping the thread at fast pace with intelligent posts,

You shall get there one day. This is for my respect to you all.

*I'm out for a while again* undecided

Hope you get sorted soon as i have noticed your absent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 01, 2013

Hey bro, pls are u sure of dis info.? Tho i'm nt an applicant U of M.. But m applied to 3 schools in Minnesota.. Bemidji State University, Southwest Minnesota State University and Minnesota State University Mankato.. Pls ooo tel me more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 10:29am On Jul 01, 2013

Bro, do what you gat to do and get back...the house is missing you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 11:09am On Jul 01, 2013
ystd4567: @Bigfrancis21,

The old immigration law is still in effect. The new proposed immigration law has been given a go-ahead by the senate BUT still has to go through the house of representative.

where can i get to read the new and old US immigration rules
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Puvguy: 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
Amefrica:

Hey bro, pls are u sure of dis info.? Tho I'm not an applicant U of M.. But m applied to 3 schools in Minnesota.. Bemidji State University, Southwest Minnesota State University and Minnesota State University Mankato.. Pls ooo tel me more.

Yeah, I will also like to know why he said Minnesota is a racist State. I thought is a nice State with friendly people. Although usually very cold.

Maybe he knows something we don't since he lives there. And to think they voted for Obama twice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 4:42pm On Jul 01, 2013
Hello guys, I think it's high time we come out clean and Voice out the Difficulties we are facing...

Let's be our brothers keepers.. Let's try to show love to one another.. Let's help one another. I think that is why this thread was created.

Please I have a suggestion to make, It is Regarding the issue of this Stressful SEVIS FEE payment,

Why can't we get or Vote a RELIABLE and TRUSTED member of this thread who stays in the US to volunteer to help prospective US students pay for SEVIS FEE in the US..

Please I think it's high time we think of moving this USA student visa thread to the Next level..

And We won't mind Adding $ 10 or 20 to the $200 of the SEVIS FEE for the stress the person went through paying it in the US or if the person still insist on doing it for free at NO cost then we just need to pay him ONLY the $200 then no probs about that. We be higly grateful..

For Example, Look at Bigfrancis, the guy volunteered to send GRE and GMAT materials to everyone for Free at No cost.. This is what we Call love... Brotherly love.. I just have so much love for that guy....

So if Bigfrancis can do this, then why can't a HUMBLE and TRUSTED member of this forum help out.

I know so many peeps have traveled out to the US thru the help of this thread. Let's try to Give back to this thread wht we have benefited from it.

OR what do u guys think.. It's just a suggestion... Or if possible Mr moderator Justwise, you can volunteer to help us out. Lol!! Or what do u tink.

I hope u won't close this post ooo. Abeg justwise, let's see if we can get someone to step forward for us and we will elect him as our Sevis fee Financial Manager... Lol!!

Let's put an End to this Traveling all the way to Cotonou to pay Just SEVIS fee and going through hell over dere and paying more than the amount you budgeted for there

When I know we have Some TRUSTED members here on this forum who have NO criminal intention and who are already in the US that can willingly volunteer to help everyone out here

What do u guys tink.. It's just a suggestion.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sonit99: 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2013
@ amefrica am sure of this I was student there... I was talking of the university not the state Dah... Mankato is okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sonit99: 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2013
Am just trying to help you guys...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadex56: 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2013
Helo house,
i applied to concord university dis year 2ru an agent of wich he cllected 60k from me excluding visa fee and sevis fee but he failed to get me my i-20 in time. My reasn for going 2ru an agent is because of d bank statement wich my sponspor dnt have upto that amount in his account. So how could i get a bank statement without consulting any agent? Becos i wanna enroll for 2014 spring semester. Wating please..............
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 5:20pm On Jul 01, 2013
fadex56: Helo house,
i applied to concord university dis year 2ru an agent of wich he cllected 60k from me excluding visa fee and sevis fee but he failed to get me my i-20 in time. My reasn for going 2ru an agent is because of d bank statement wich my sponspor dnt have upto that amount in his account. So how could i get a bank statement without consulting any agent? Becos i wanna enroll for 2014 spring semester. Wating please..............

Most of those agents are liars. About the bank statement, is not necessary u get α sponsor from your relative it might be an external body that u know and who is willing †̥o assist you. Just explain your needs and see if he can help you . There is no difference between you and agent and let mε explain †̥o you, most schools in u.s don't have α representative here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idusystem: 5:21pm On Jul 01, 2013
Pls I'm new on this forum infact I was referred to this forum by a friend of mine. I applied to NCCU for MPA (Master in Public Admin). I was denied visa in my first interview on 10 of June. I have applied again. Pls I need help.
Below was my last encounter with vo:

me: good morning
vo: pass me ur document
me: I gave her my documents
vo: why do you want to study abroad?
me: I told her
vo: what school are going for?
me: I told her NCCU
vo: Who is ur sponsor?
me: I told her my employer and handed her letter of sponsorship and bank statement.
vo: what are your roles and why should they lavish such an amount of money on u?
me:I told her I've been working there for 12 years and I'm one of the manager and.....she cut me in
vo: are you married?
me: I told her yes with two kids?
vo: Are u going with them?
me: said no.
vo: I'm sorry u have not convince me enough......... and I was denied.
Pls I dont really understand what she mean by you have not convince me? Is it about my family or about my sponsors? She dont even ask for GRE or TOEFL.
Pls help me on what to say on what are your roles and why should they lavish such an amount of money on u?

Thank u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.