Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,655 members, 7,889,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:08 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491411 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 11:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
risher ris: the point here is, the is no way the vo can confirm the geniuty of a statement cos i dont think the bank can supply your account information to them.guess she is going through a tough time due to large volume of applicant .she might call you tomorrow morning.

I think they can if they want. If in doubt, ask folks in the Canada or UK Visa section.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OlaJesu18: 12:01am On Jul 04, 2013
Hello house, please i will like to know if anyone that went for their interview on 26 of june or after have picked up their passport. Its been like a week now that i got my visa approved but whenever i call the collection center, they keep telling me the visa is still been processed & not ready for pick up. Please does it usually take this long ? I'm worried... thank you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 12:14am On Jul 04, 2013
risher ris: i know you wont believe me, i have help some pple in securing this f1 visa in question but i really dont know what is wrong with me,i even have a friend in ghana, met him online though,he ask me lotta questions and i give him possible answers.God sees my heart even agents contact me to ask me lotta questions but i really dont know what what is wrong with me but i will say im always nervous about interview

How old are you? Cos I see you're going for undergrad studies. And which school did you apply to? Both matters a lot. Schools with names like "University of bleep" or "Bleep state University" will give u higher chances of getting the visa. But community colleges or "VIU's" will get you no where....... If your age is up then u should be ready to explain to the VO what you've been doing since

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 12:44am On Jul 04, 2013
^^^ Interesting!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 12:44am On Jul 04, 2013
Yes they can confirm for uk or canada becos when you fill application forms,there is a section where you tick that talks abot verification of document.once you tick and sign,that mean you have granted acess to your account.that does not work for u.s,the bank can never supply your account information to any one without your audacity.not even your identical twin brother....lol[quote author=OlaJesu18][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 12:49am On Jul 04, 2013
risher ris: Yes they can confirm for uk or canada becos when you fill application forms,there is a section where you tick that talks abot verification of document.once you tick and sign,that mean you have granted acess to your account.that does not work for u.s,the bank can never supply your account information to any one without your audacity.not even your identical twin brother....lol

You'll be amazed that they can if they want to. I just hope you haven't been using one as it attracts a life ban and the applicant gets to waste lots of money on visa fee re-applying. Not knowing he/she has a life ban
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 1:23am On Jul 04, 2013
obsy2020: Good eve house, please has anyone gone to the embassy with diamondbank statement. Diamondbank printed my sponsor statement on a normal A4 paper, the logo appeared on black n white but each page of the statement was stamped and the officer signed the first and last page of the statement.
Can I take the statement like to the embassy or do I. Go back to the bank to print another 1 on their letterhead.

There is No need for you to panic. I'm also going to the Embassy with my Sponsor's Diamond Bank Account Statement as well.

And regarding what you stated above, That Is not just an A4 paper. That is the Bank's letter headed paper you were given... I was also given the same as well. You can see the Bank's address and phone numbers at the bottom of the Paper. That's shows it's a letter headed paper..

The same thing with mine as well. That's their letter headed paper. Mine was also stamped and signed in the first and last pages as well.

The Only thing about Diamond Bank Is that they didn't design their Letter headed paper to be much Fancy like what u r looking for... Lol!!!

So No cause for alarm, I was actually thinking like you too the day I received the Bank statement from the Bank, because I was expecting something much more better than what they gave me..

But later, I got to understand that, what Really matters is Just the Letter headed paper and the Bank stamp which makes it Much official and ACCEPTABLE at the Embassy and I DON'T see us having any problem at the Embassy..

Don't worry, we shall give a Good testimony this New month of JULY.. Our Visa shall be APPROVED in jesus name AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 1:29am On Jul 04, 2013
risher ris: Yes they can confirm for uk or canada becos when you fill application forms,there is a section where you tick that talks abot verification of document.once you tick and sign,that mean you have granted acess to your account.that does not work for u.s,the bank can never supply your account information to any one without your audacity.not even your identical twin brother....lol
if an applicant is on a life ban,the passport wiLl definately be stamped or some stuffs written at the back of the passport just like a minute•and the denial section is entirely different.realy,I don't think they confirm ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 1:41am On Jul 04, 2013
risher ris: if an applicant is on a life ban,the passport wiLl definately be stamped or some stuffs written at the back of the passport just like a minute•and the denial section is entirely different.realy,I don't think they confirm ok

I have a strange filling that you may have gotten urself into trouble.. I hope u didn't use a FAKE bank statement..

Because you seem a little nervous and just trying to defend this Verification of Bank statement of a thing just to make urself happy by any means.

Because this is the way I picture it, in a clearer vision here about U....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 1:51am On Jul 04, 2013
risher ris: if an applicant is on a life ban,the passport wiLl definately be stamped or some stuffs written at the back of the passport just like a minute•and the denial section is entirely different.realy,I don't think they confirm ok

They don't need to stamp anything on the passport, cos they already have the applicants thumb print.... Like I said earlier they can verify statements if they want to. You just read someone's interview about the VO holding his bank statement. She obviously wants to verify the authenticity of the account that's why
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 1:52am On Jul 04, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

I have a strange filling that you may have gotten urself into trouble.. I hope u didn't use a FAKE bank statement..

Because you seem a little nervous and just trying to defend this Verification of Bank statement of a thing just to make urself happy by any means.

Because this is the way I picture it, in a clearer vision here about U....

Seconded!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 2:02am On Jul 04, 2013
fittty:

They don't need to stamp anything on the passport, cos they already have the applicants thumb print.... Like I said earlier they can verify statements if they want to. You just read someone's interview about the VO holding his bank statement. She obviously wants to verify the authenticity of the account that's why

Tell him please. Maybe he doesn't know the US embassy has every right to verify any document(s) you submit to them including bank statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 3:35am On Jul 04, 2013
smithjanetstore: Omo aye kiloshele longest time na wha for u, u don bone us already gbogbo aye for brazil wit ur brazilian chick u fink say i don forget abi kiakiakiakia

haha..badt guy. How u dey na...Shey wan ti fun e ni visa? abi u sef go sing the song.."eyin oyinbo..ewa fun mi ni visa" lol grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 3:37am On Jul 04, 2013
I.Joan:

Jesus is Lord

Joan..watin na...U no get ur own lingua? grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 3:41am On Jul 04, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Ya ka m na-eche ka m jee mee. Mbosi ya na fa elute nso. Chukwu ka ife niine di n'aka.

A ma m na I na-enyenu lecturers gi assignment? cool

Nwanne..Chukwu ka o...Ihe nine ga di nma.....achom ki me 3 days fasting...Jehova bu eze. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 3:47am On Jul 04, 2013
GboyegaD:

I wil suggest you do New York as there are many options and then book from New York to your final destination.

how come y'all paying this high. I paid less than $900 as a matter of fact, i think it was 850 early this year for my flight from lagos to New York. Qatar airways. But it was a stop over flight sha.. 8 hrs. undecided undecided but i still enta the same yankee na... if u are trying to save money and can go thru that stress of sleeping at the airport and not missing ur flight the next day...go for it. Me i missed my flight because i shark ogogoro (Hennessy) for inside plane and slept too much at the airport..i woke up when the next en-route plane was just taking off...but i was booked for the next day flight. so i use 2 days for airport. grin grin grin I don confess my flight experience now. *covering my eyes* grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 3:51am On Jul 04, 2013
Walspring:

Delta Airline is too expensive... Try emirate and others cos you will see below 200K

yes try others...delta is an official American flight. they are too expensive. I booked a flight from NY to Logan airport Boston and something happened, i could not fly that day. I called them and they could neither extend my flight to the next day for free nor refund me. I swear for them cut fone. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 4:04am On Jul 04, 2013
ivory23456: Please I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
What other vaccines apart from the yellow fever vaccination am i required to take before I enter the US?
Anyone have an idea?

I didnt take a single one. America dont have time for all that. The only reason why you are advised to take these vaccines and checks before you leave the country is the cost. If you decide to do it here it will cost you 2 times what you would have spent in Nigeria if you had done it there. You will need those checks and vaccine certificate and health generally for school registration purpose. All students must have health insurance. So the choice is yours...Cheers smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 4:10am On Jul 04, 2013
risher ris: i dont know if anyone has noticed this, vo s dont check documents again,all through my stay at the embassy,pple interviewed did not show any documents to the vo...all through

if you have a nice convo with them, they will enjoy the discussion and wont bother to ask for docs because they are convinced you are saying the truth but if you are messing up in your responses and they are finding it difficult to understand you or see ingenuity in you, they might ask for document to proof or just deny you straight...Different VO...Different level of Patience. Good luck mate wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 4:14am On Jul 04, 2013
OjaP:

I think they can if they want. If in doubt, ask folks in the Canada or UK Visa section.

Its 2 ways. They can and they cant....they can in the sense that they can reveal if the account is genuine, the name on the account and location if needed AND they cant in the sense that a bank will never reveal confidential bank info to a 3rd party regardless of who is asking for it. E.g. Account balance or account activity. Unless authorized by the account owner

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 4:16am On Jul 04, 2013
fittty:

How old are you? Cos I see you're going for undergrad studies. And which school did you apply to? Both matters a lot. Schools with names like "University of bleep" or "Bleep state University" will give u higher chances of getting the visa. But community colleges or "VIU's" will get you no where....... If your age is up then u should be ready to explain to the VO what you've been doing since

Not only age explanation...Time explanation too...if you are going for undergrad and you finished high school many years ago..U go shalaye yourself too. Wish you luck wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 4:22am On Jul 04, 2013
fittty:

Seconded!

Thirded grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 5:31am On Jul 04, 2013
Anthonymighty:

Thirded grin grin grin

Fourthed cheesy cheesy grin cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Ymevisacom: 5:53am On Jul 04, 2013
Ekule o. Am back with Denial again o, though am one of the silent reader of this forum, but always read from cover to cover.
Abuja embassy... Just 3 Qn asked:
Me... Good morning sir.
VO... Good morning.
Vo... Pass me ur documt.
Me.. Ok sir
vo... So u r goin to xyz sku , illinois. MPH
me .. Yes sir.
1. VO... How did u know about the sku.
Me... I made some research online via usnews.com, and i discover the schl was ranked the best midwestern University, and has rich curriculum in my area of concentration.
2. VO...have u travelled before.
Me... No. There has not been a need to.
3. Vo... Who is ur sponsor
me.... My mum. Doin bla bla bla and has ds and ds.
Vo.... Started typin lik MAD MAN
'raised his ugly head, and say d usual annoyin citation of ... Am sorry, bla bla bla.
I then asked... Sir, pls what is d cause of my denial, I have enough ds white paper at home.
He then said, show more home tie, probably your sponsor.

Sir and Ma, in d house.
What is my fault here o, no document lik acct statmt asked, or landed property, study leave letter, appoinmt letter, letter of support etc ... I have all ds, am working{ my Salary is 100k plus} etc ... Is it not when they ask for document and u were unable to defend or show anyth dt ... Such Qn of show more home tie? But in a case that VO doesnt even border to ask for document, just make decision from the rare end.
My Qn...
shld I change sponsor? But in my I-20 it was ..mother... They wrote there as my sponsor.
Pls help, whether to reapply again or just chil for now.
Thks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 8:07am On Jul 04, 2013
Hello guys. I have my interview on Monday at abuja. Anyone on that day? I was wondering if any of my ogas at the top will be kind enough to give me a run-down. My email is odowetalu@gmail.com pin:288246A7 please I havve read the other trends and I don't want to screw this up. Its my second time. Thanks and I pray to comeback with my testimony that day. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:17am On Jul 04, 2013
risher ris: my first interviw.....
me:gm
vo:gm pass docs pls
how many schools did you applied to?
me:mentioned 3
Vo:how many siblings do you have?
me:metioned
vo:asked for school location
me:told him every thing incliding zip code(lol) grin
vo:asked for the name of ma kid sis
me:told him
vo(typed for about 20secs
who is sponsoring your trip
me:mum,oil marketer,owns filling stations and make diesel delivery
vo......ok,started typing again
he didnt even say he was gonna deny me cos he looked at me with pity and i was smiling when he handed the 214b form to me and he said i should go and read through

my second interview......
vo:very nice man....in fact i should have gotten the visa for that same last spring after three weeks of previous interview.good morning and how are you doing?
me:oh ...awesome
me:pass docs pls....he was in a very happy mood.but after entering my data ,he saw i was denied three weeks ago and his mood changed sincerely,he was trying to put a new vo through how to conduct interviews,so i know he is a very happy mood.he just said immediately that he wasnt the one that denied me that hes not in the position to make a decision right now and he handed over to me a denial form and after that he asked why i was denied the last time and i told him my mum was sick and i guess i wasnt composed,so he asked me how she doing and i told him she is fine now that she has been discharged from the hospital

my last interview just two days ago....
was interviewed by the first interviewer
vo:gm,pass docs please
me gm
vo:why are you going to the us?
me:to obtain a b.sc
vo:what attracted you to that location
me:i was talking about my school and he said .....
vo:no,im not asking about the school,location
me:i have not been to the us i only know the location of my school
vo:ok
what do you do for a living
me:im a student, im not working
vo:how will this course be of help to you?
me:told him and added i will take uo a lecturing job in a good nigerian university after returning to nigeria
vo:said something funny ....who says you are going to return after your degree?,i did not answer him becos he was muttering those words and i heard clearly...whose sponsoring your trip?
me:my mum ...blah blah
and he handed over to me a denial slip and he said at this time he cant issue me a visa...but the form says i can re apply at any time by submitting a new application and......other stuffs i explained previously.....thanks.

Bolded got me laughing real hard.

First, you never mentioned your university. You're with holding some information which is unnecessary to do. If you want the house to truly help you, you have to be honest and come out clean. We can't fully help you if you keep hiding your details. A few universities and community colleges are automatic visa denials at the embassy. If you keep withholding your university name, which could be your problem, we won't be able to point out your actual problem and you'll keep going back and back to the embassy. This thread has helped members in the past who were going to and who went to the embassy with no-no universities without knowing it and after following the advice here, they re-applied to better schools, got admission, went back to the embassy and got their visas. What is your university? And what B.sc course are you going for?

Second, I think that oil company/filling statation business alibi as sponsor's occupation has become a little too overrated and overused at the embassy. The VO hears this same thing from more than half of all applicants they interview. Ah ah, will everybody's parent be into oil production? Try something new, plausible, and unique.

Third, have you or your sibling or parents ever filed an immigrant visa at the embassy before? Why did the VO ask for your kid sister's name? Was he trying to confirm the authenticity of your claims maybe as he was seeing your name and sister's name on his screen (probably there due to some previous filing by a parent, sibling, uncle etc)? And how many are you guys in the family and what is your position?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 8:25am On Jul 04, 2013
Yes.my university is ranked the best university in thhe south for 2013 and a best southeasthern universsity according to princeton rewiew.I know much about all you are talking about.the point is,I have a first degree already and going for another first degree anD even after this degree again,will still no be thirty years of age.am still young.so what do you think is going on?
fittty:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 8:29am On Jul 04, 2013
Anthonymighty:

Joan..watin na...U no get ur own lingua? grin grin

Multi linguist, tell me you don dey speak Portuguese now....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 8:35am On Jul 04, 2013
Adroitbabz:

Yes dey award degrees n even av an MBA program.........jst wnt to b sure d VOs dnt view dem lyk d Comm Colleges.

And what's wrong with community colleges?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 8:38am On Jul 04, 2013
Are you talking about visa lottery?yes.but but can that be a reason?that was some year back though and for real that's my mothers oCcupation.she make diesel delivery she has so many deliv ery thanker and maintains mostly telecommunications site by spplying diesel.I'm going to be studying biology.thanks
bigfrancis21:

Bolded got me laughing real hard.

First, you never mentioned your university. You're with holding some information which is unnecessary to do. If you want the house to truly help you, you have to be honest and come out clean. We can't fully help you if you keep hiding your details. A few universities and community colleges are automatic visa denials at the embassy. If you keep withholding your university name, which could be your problem, we won't be able to point out your actual problem and you'll keep going back and back to the embassy. This thread has helped members in the past who were going to and who went to the embassy with no-no universities without knowing it and after following the advice here, they re-applied to better schools, got admission, went back to the embassy and got their visas. What is your university? And what B.sc course are you going for?

Second, I think that oil company/filling statation business alibi as sponsor's occupation has become a little too overrated and overused at the embassy. The VO hears this same thing from more than half of all applicants they interview. Ah ah, will everybody's parent be into oil production? Try something new, plausible, and unique.

Third, have you or your sibling or parents ever filed an immigrant visa at the embassy before? Why did the VO ask for your kid sister's name? Was he trying to confirm the authenticity of your claims maybe as he was seeing your name and sister's name on his screen (probably there due to some previous filing by a parent, sibling, uncle etc)? And how many are you guys in the family and what is your position?

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.