Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,992 members, 7,931,403 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 02:38 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (493830 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
karlxavier: Goodday all, I'm new to this thread. I must say I congratulate every one that has contributed positively on the thread. Please can I ask sometin? What if after calculating the cgpa and the person's GP was below 2.7, what would the person do

Nothing! After all, it's CGPA - results of many years back. Only option is to intensify effort looking for schools that take minimum CGPA and work hard on any standardized test you're to take if at all that would help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 3:24pm On Jul 07, 2013
Forgot to ask this. My sponsor wants to write a letter of sponsorship on his company's letter head addressed to the embassy. He's asking to know if he should write my total tuition and other expenses amount on it or just his closing account balance. Which should he use?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
flynbird: Forgot to ask this. My sponsor wants to write a letter of sponsorship on his company's letter head addressed to the embassy. He's asking to know if he should write my total tuition and other expenses amount on it or just his closing account balance. Which should he use?

Amount covering your tuition and add with other expenses. Then he will start that he is willing to full sponsorship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux: 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2013
karlxavier: Goodday all, I'm new to this thread. I must say I congratulate every one that has contributed positively on the thread. Please can I ask sometin? What if after calculating the cgpa and the person's GP was below 2.7, what would the person do

Well, in that case you may limit your search for schools wit 2.50 on a scale of 4 as their GPA cut-off and/or target an ace score in your GRE/GMAT with well cooked and constructive Statement of Purpose (SOP)/ Essay and a Wow Resume!
There are quite a number of cool schools in the US wit cut-off of 2.50 on a scale of 4 eg Alabama A&M uni, Texas A&M uni (depending on dept) etc

I hope this helps, meet you at the top mate! Cheers...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:48pm On Jul 07, 2013
@karlxavier,

Getting you wrong. Is it 2.7 on 4 point scale you're talking of?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 07, 2013

The person will give it his best shot. Remember, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

1. Study and ace required standardized tests.
2. Write a 'powerful' statement of purpose - you can have a few people go through your first draft and advise appropriately.
3. Get stellar letters of recommendation from your professors or people you have worked with preferably those that have a personal relationship with you and can describe your unique qualities - not just he is a team worker, he is hardworking blah blah
4. Apply widely as you are already at a disadvantage. Admission into a program should never be based on just one parameter and if it is, then it probably isn't worth it's salt anyway.
And if you believe in prayers, they sure don't hurt.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsSantaClaus(f): 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2013
Amefrica: The VO granted the guy his visa (immigrant) but was asked not to post his interview experience.. So the guy told some people who chat with him.. I heard it through the guy he told..
Erbody on the dv section knw that he went 4 interview but they were disturbed cuz he was nt posting his experience, so sum1 decided to contact him, n he told him..
My advice.. Pls everybody let's be real, those witches n wizards are creeper, n the hav a way of getting to the bottom of the pot.. M sure if u dnt av any skeleton in ur cupboard, u will be granted..
NOTE: Sometimes they dont ask for any documents from u, but wen they see ur somehow shaking, nervous, stammering. Theyll ask u to bring the doc. to support urself.. U knw if u say a lie you'll need a thousand lies to cover it up...
Have faith, Pray, fast, dress neatly (if possible on a low cut), Be bold, be calm, dont argue, be polite (GM Sir/Ma), be precise..
I'm sure we will sustain the feat.. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Have you heard of the saying "GOOGLE KNOWS EVERYTHING" ? They are not "witches n wizards" , but Google is definitely their best friend! Lol A word is enough for the wise!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
flynbird:

Thanks for the info. My school resumes early september and I have my interview late july smiley

I was scared when I first saw your initial post, thank God You've scheduled your appointment.

Please work on the SEVIS on time to avoid any delay.

God bless You!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 7:59pm On Jul 07, 2013
pawn89: am so happy, finally my interview is for tomorrow. My prayer for as many of us whose interview is this week is that God almighty will grant each and every one of us our heart desire.
Amen
Where abuja or lagos and what time?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 9:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
odowetalu:
Where abuja or lagos and what time?

Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

Have you heard of the saying "GOOGLE KNOWS EVERYTHING" ? They are not "witches n wizards" , but Google is definitely their best friend! Lol A word is enough for the wise!!

lmfao.. NOTED!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by spazio: 11:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hello Nailanders

I want to know what kind of documents am i supposed to use when applying for my usa visa and also in the case of sponsorship , what kind of documents am i supposed to use to back my claim.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 4:09am On Jul 08, 2013
spazio: Hello Nailanders

I want to know what kind of documents am i supposed to use when applying for my usa visa and also in the case of sponsorship , what kind of documents am i supposed to use to back my claim.

Thank you

The list of documents are not limited to:
SEVIS Receipt
MRV payment receipt from GTB
DS-160 confirmation page
Appointment confirmation page
I-20 and admission letter
Int'l passport valid for the next 6month as of the date of your interview
Standaradised test score card
Transcript/Certificate
NYSC discharge certificate
Study leave (if working)
Appointment letter (if working)
Payslip (optional if not a self-sponsor)
+ Confidence
And OTHER DOCUMENTS TO PROVE STRONG HOME TIES...

Financial documentation from sponsor - Account statement of sponsor, proof of source of income (payslip, assets, or company's onwership proof etc), sponsorship letter/affidavit of support etc.

Please present your case before the house so the lists could be streamlined for your own peculiar case.

All da best.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 4:16am On Jul 08, 2013
I pray for y'all going for your interview today, You shall come out of the consulate office smiling in Jesus name.

You have the grace and mercy of God which surpasseth all things. You are favored beyond denial in the mighty name of Jesus.

If You see this before facing the VO, remember to read Isaiah 50:4-10, come back here to share your testimonies.

It is well with your soul!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hope4me2012: 6:11am On Jul 08, 2013
pls house,
How many passport photographs do we need. Some say 2, others say 1.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by topzy2000: 6:24am On Jul 08, 2013
hope4me2012: pls house,
How many passport photographs do we need. Some say 2, others say 1.
Thanks.

You just need 2 on your DS-160 form.

Just carry all you have. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 08, 2013
Morning all smiley smiley I'm expecting testimonies today wink wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 08, 2013
Go Bemidji
Beavers,
Go you Green
and White.
Go Bemidji
Beavers,
Fight with all
your might.
We are here
to cheer you.
We're out to
bring you
fame.
So go Bemidji
Beavers,
Fight and win
this game.
B-E-M-I-D-J-
I Bemidji,
Bemidji, Go
BEAVERS!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 10:10am On Jul 08, 2013
At the embassy den dey waste time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oluwatosin4us(m): 10:33am On Jul 08, 2013
odowetalu: At the embassy den dey waste time
all the best brother I wish you all the best.call on JEHOVAH GOD he will surely help you.have faith
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oluwatosin4us(m): 11:01am On Jul 08, 2013
Walspring:

AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN..... AMEN.....
I CLAIM IT BY FIRE BY FORCE..... IN JESUS NAME!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by pawn89(m): 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
Alright! So I got my visa approved today, I thank God almighty. I shall put details as soon as possible.
Thanks

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 12:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
pawn89: Alright! So I got my visa approved today, I thank God almighty. I shall put details as soon as possible.
Thanks
Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by StFrank2(m): 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
pawn89: Alright! So I got my visa approved today, I thank God almighty. I shall put details as soon as possible.
Thanks
BIG congratulations to you, All thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:37pm On Jul 08, 2013
Dot1:
Dat wud be gud... Anoda thing, on usnews i saw dat d tution fee is $568/credit and d required fee is $281/credit. Does dat means i wil av to pay $(568+281)/credit? Thanx.

That is very wrong oooo. Tuition for out of state is about $8k per semester and in state is about $4200 per semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 08, 2013
Thanks
God is great!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2013
Walspring:

Sorry to interrupt you GboyegaD... Can you please tell me what is the cost of living and schooling in TEXAS?

Tuition varies per school and so also does funding and cost of living however, averagely, compared to other states, cost of living is lower. You can get a good 2 bedroom apt (all bills paid) for $720 in Denton and $600 for just rent and trash in most places.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walako: 12:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hello Members

Is Bemidji State university still admitting students for this September.I was going through the requirements on their website and want to know what is a "Financial Affidavit Form and supporting bank documents"
'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
GboyegaD:

That is very wrong oooo. Tuition for out of state is about $8k per semester and in state is about $4200 per semester.
What i quoted was wot i saw on usnews o. Dat means dey got d estimate wrong. Thanks Bro. I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walako: 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
ello Members

Is Bemidji State university still admitting students for this September.I was going through the requirements on their website and want to know what is a "Financial Affidavit Form and supporting bank documents"

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Italian Student Visa-help! / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.