Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,992 members, 7,931,401 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 02:22 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (493828 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
GboyegaD:

I'm very happy for her. I need to read her experience ASAP.
Yes o brother! When she called me to tell me, I screamed! cheesycheesy Not minding that I was in the midst of people. So happy for her grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kingcobra2003: 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
People, please I paid my SEVIS Fee and went for my interview on Tuesday, I was denied. Do I need to pay anoda sevis fee as I want to reapply immediately?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by xtus(m): 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
plz house, just a quick advice here..... i have a friend who is married and her I-20 reflect her dad as sponsor. i just wanna know if that would be a problem to the VO as to why her dad will be sponsoring her and not her husband. ur candid opinion is required. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smoothcool: 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
Please my school is resuming on 12th August and I need a date urgently,please if anyone is dropping his or her date in lagos please email me on adelekesamson2010@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
theHanafis: House,I asked a question on how to register for TOEFL test myself using GT Bank account or diamond.pls can som1 kindly reply my Questn.

You can register for TOEFL from ETS via phone call dial(+31320239593) I think after you have dial the number option 1 is for TOEFL test, Load a recharge card of #500 or more. Try to use GTB Mastercard or if your diamond ATM is also visa card you can use any one of both cards.
I think the details above will help a little. cheers bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
I don't think that should be a problem.

xtus: plz house, just a quick advice here..... i have a friend who is married and her I-20 reflect her dad as sponsor. i just wanna know if that would be a problem to the VO as to why her dad will be sponsoring her and not her husband. ur candid opinion is required. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 1:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
kingcobra2003: People, please I paid my SEVIS Fee and went for my interview on Tuesday, I was denied. Do I need to pay anoda sevis fee as I want to reapply immediately?

Nope! Sevis fee is valid for a year. You don't even need to do so if your are deferring or changing I-20 provided it's within a year, you would only need to transfer info den.

In your case, pray you get a date asap and you are good to go to get it right this time. SEVIS RECEIPT STILL VALID!

All da best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zynnnie: 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
Got my visa approved today. I couldn't sleep last night and I got to the embassy by 6.30am and the whole security check was annoying. The chair movement was exhausting. After the thump prints I was chilling and saw them bounce a lot of pple esp conference attenders. the Asian guy was OK but will drill u, window 2 was a smiling dragon. Smiling and bouncing ur arse. My interview went like this . I was interviewed by the black woman.

I was only Seeing her mouth move and the confident spirit over took mi I said. Sorry madam I can't hear u
VO: apologising and increasing the mic.

VO: when did you graduate
ME: 2009, studied law in Madonna university

VO: ohh lawyer, so what have you been doing since then
ME: I went to NYSC and served in XYZ oil coy in Lagos, then proceeded to law school in Lagos in 2011, then got a job as an associate in law firm and praticed for one year, then left for xyz bank in 2012...

VO: hmmmmm you seem to everywhere
Me: yes I move with the economy of the country.

VO : so what do u do now
Me: I was with xyz bank untill may when I resigned. I worked with the HOUR dept so I got first hand information about sacking of contract workers and since I was a contract worker I honourably resigned before they could sack me. the works ave been sacked and are on d streets with ply card protesting.

VO: so u r a protester
Me: no, I resigned. I was not sacked. Am not aggrieved at all.
VOsadsmiling) that's OK.
Who is your sponsor
Me: my uncle

VO: Why not your parent: my kids brother got admission in Uk for January so they will sponsor him, besides their priority for me is marriage. But I want to quickly get my masters before marriage will interrupt it.

VO: (smiling) parents and marriage she murmured.
So why will your uncle sponsor you, doesn't he have kids:
Me: his kids are still little and besides I just recently discorved 12 ghost workers in his company, so he is indeed grateful and wants Me to d coy's handle HR.

VO: do u ave any exam for this admission
Me: am to sit for English classes when I get to school and GRE was waived for me cos of my work experience and post graduate certification. But I wrote the exams though ( hallelujah she didn't ask for the score cos it was too low)

VO: passing a doc (my heart skipped) she said in case u ave any problems in USA pls call this number and collect ur passport on Tuesday in VI.

ME: thank you.

Out of the whole library that I went with, she didn't ask for anything document, no statement, sponsor letter or even the name of my school.
beyond excited.
I think the first three question and answer gave mi my visa. She was impressed.

Thank God I cancelled by inital interview when I stumbled on this thread last month. I was not ready. I read the thread and applied for emergency date. I prepared well and I got it. May God be praised.

I appreciate and love you guys for the selfless job u do on here.

On to the next plan. The cheapest flight to JFK.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
Find Out!:

If you had not emailed the SEVIS people, i would have suggested you try getting a refund from moneygram, then in the mean time immediately source for another 42k500 and pay thru GIEVA. Now tho, i think you can only hope for the best which could come in 2 ways:

1) Your payment is accepted

2) You get some notification or indication that your payment was not successful between now and tomorrow so by monday morning, you r on your way to Seme border, make ur payment before 12 noon, print ur receipt by tuesday and go for ur interview on wednesday.
Ms Nas:
Yes dear. If you have the money ready, get to Lagos tomorrow. But come early sha oo, cos of traffic. You should be able to print ur receipt latest by Tuesday

Ms Nas:
Yes dear. If you have the money ready, get to Lagos tomorrow. But come early sha oo, cos of traffic. You should be able to print ur receipt latest by Tuesday
bodeplot: @flynbird,jst calm down while fmjfee reply ur mail, bt also note Ms nas idea which s ecobank seme border as dat is within 1day or so.let dem reply ur mail first. fear not,God s wit u
Guys I think they accept money gram. My cousin just called the customer care line and a rep asked for my Sevis code but my cousin didn't understand which code he was to give, So he dropped the call and called me to ask before calling back
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FIZIK: 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
[quote author=zynnnie]Got my visa approved today. I couldn't sleep last night and I got to the embassy by 6.30am and the whole security check was annoying. The chair movement was exhausting. After the thump prints I was chilling and saw them bounce a lot of pple esp conference attenders. the Asian guy was OK but will drill u, window 2 was a smiling dragon. Smiling and bouncing ur arse. My interview went like this . I was interviewed by the black woman.

we probably got in same year, did the same Sr. purissima and Oga sheddy wahala.
had frenz like Attanacius, senator, Smart and bigshow in your class.
will do my interview soon.
Have a nice stay at US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
xtus: plz house, just a quick advice here..... i have a friend who is married and her I-20 reflect her dad as sponsor. i just wanna know if that would be a problem to the VO as to why her dad will be sponsoring her and not her husband. ur candid opinion is required. thanks

There shouldnt be a problem !!! Tell her to look for a cogent reason for the VO to dance to her Azonto. Since her dad is the one sponsoring her.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zynnnie: 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
[quote auth[img][/img]or=FIZIK][/quote]

Loooooooooool the names got me rolling . ]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 2:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
zynnnie: Got my visa approved today. I couldn't sleep last night and I got to the embassy by 6.30am and the whole security check was annoying. The chair movement was exhausting. After the thump prints I was chilling and saw them bounce a lot of pple esp conference attenders. the Asian guy was OK but will drill u, window 2 was a smiling dragon. Smiling and bouncing ur arse. My interview went like this . I was interviewed by the black woman.

I was only Seeing her mouth move and the confident spirit over took mi I said. Sorry madam I can't hear u

ME: I went to NYSC and served in XYZ oil coy in Lagos, then proceeded to law school in Lagos in 2011, then got a job as an associate in law firm and praticed for one year, then left for xyz bank in 2012...

Me: I was with xyz bank untill may when I resigned. I worked with the HOUR dept so I got first hand information about sacking of contract workers and since I was a contract worker I honourably resigned before they could sack me. the works ave been sacked and are on d streets with ply card protesting.

VOsadsmiling) that's OK.
Who is your sponsor

VO: Why not your parent: my kids brother got admission in Uk for January so they will sponsor him, besides their priority for me is marriage. But I want to quickly get my masters before marriage will interrupt it.

Me: his kids are still little and besides I just recently discorved 12 ghost workers in his company, so he is indeed grateful and wants Me to d coy's handle HR.

Me: am to sit for English classes when I get to school and GRE was waived for me cos of my work experience and post graduate certification. But I wrote the exams though ( hallelujah she didn't ask for the score cos it was too low)

VO: passing a doc (my heart skipped) she said in case u ave any problems in USA pls call this number and collect ur passport on Tuesday in VI.

Out of the whole library that I went with, she didn't ask for anything document, no statement, sponsor letter or even the name of my school.
beyond excited.

Thank God I cancelled by inital interview when I stumbled on this thread last month. I was not ready. I read the thread and applied for emergency date. I prepared well and I got it. May God be praised.

Congrats dear! Cheers to you! Seems that Asian decided to find God afterall. He was denying like crazy before grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:27pm On Jul 18, 2013
flynbird: I'm in a mess. My cousin ignorantly sent the $200 sevis fee through money gram and not western union. And my interview is in a few days time!!! I'm pissed off!!! cry

flyingbird! G.I.E.V.A or G.T.N or across the border is there.

Why waiting?! angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by KehindeOseni: 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
zynnnie: Got my visa approved today. I couldn't sleep last night and I got to the embassy by 6.30am and the whole security check was annoying. The chair movement was exhausting. After the thump prints I was chilling and saw them bounce a lot of pple esp conference attenders. the Asian guy was OK but will drill u, window 2 was a smiling dragon. Smiling and bouncing ur arse. My interview went like this . I was interviewed by the black woman.

VOsadsmiling) that's OK.
Who is your sponsor

beyond excited.

Congrats! Your story is quite inspiring, I pray my interview is successful too tomorrow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
@zynnnie,

Cheer sis

Hope your G no go mind my e-shayo

@Fidelia.John,

Take this before we hear from horse's mouth.

Not that you're horse.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by xtus(m): 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
@Ricky Rozay am still awaiting ur responds to my last email. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
flynbird:

Guys I think they accept money gram. My cousin just called the customer care line and a rep asked for my Sevis code but my cousin didn't understand which code he was to give, So he dropped the call and called me to ask before calling back

@Flynbird, Your Sevis Code is on your i-20.

Check the right corner of the top of your i-20.. It is there..

It usually start with a letter N.. Then followed by numbers..

For example: N006620**66..

It is 11 digits all together....

Hope this helps...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
shocked @Ojap so you have come and gone. You didn't call again oh

Congrts to everyone that just got their visa smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ok so he called the customer care line and they said they don't accept money gram!!!! I sent my cousin everything he needed. I sent the western union sample form to him and all of my details. After making the payment he kept arguing with me that Money Gram is similar to Western Union and that they'll accept it.
I've never been this pissed off before. I feel like cursing the bastard even if he's my cousin. The people we think we trust so much to take care of personal issues are the ones that might ruin and disappoint us. I sent the money to him since monday and yet tomorrow is friday and I still have no payment. This Sevis fee is an issue here on this forum and everyone here doesn't encourage patronizing agents even the moderators. With what I've gone through whenever I find myself out of this country I'll be willing to go the extra mile to help anyone in need of this Sevis fee issue.
I feel so weak now and I'm not going to bother myself with anything again!!!
#Pissed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 3:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
xtus: @Ricky Rozay am still awaiting ur responds to my last email. Thanks

You'v got mail bruv...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by harkynon(m): 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
@ EVERYONE. Pls i would like to know if my result of gre 311 can be used for addmission come 2016? Wont VO and embassy deny me of visa cos of the space between 2013 to 2016? Kindly advice
OjaP:

Hehehehe, you no go kill me ooo. How I go dey like man....I no be gay na......But seriously, d name sef is gay-ish**.

Just noticed that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 3:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
@ Zynnie: Congratulations. I am so happy for you, I particularly like how you made the V.0 dance to your tune. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
teejay_GO01: shocked @Ojap so you have come and gone. You didn't call again oh

Hey, I am so sorry. I will call you this afternoon during my lunch. When are you coming?

Check your email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
flynbird: Ok so he called the customer care line and they said they don't accept money gram!!!! I sent my cousin everything he needed. I sent the western union sample form to him and all of my details. After making the payment he kept arguing with me that Money Gram is similar to Western Union and that they'll accept it.
I've never been this pissed off before. I feel like cursing the bastard even if he's my cousin. The people we think we trust so much to take care of personal issues are the ones that might ruin and disappoint us. I sent the money to him since monday and yet tomorrow is friday and I still have no payment. This Sevis fee is an issue here on this forum and everyone here doesn't encourage patronizing agents even the moderators. With what I've gone through whenever I find myself out of this country I'll be willing to go the extra mile to help anyone in need of this Sevis fee issue.
I feel so weak now and I'm not going to bother myself with anything again!!!
#Pissed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 3:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ms Nas, after God na you o. You are too much dear.
Today marks exactly 10days that I was delayed, I thank God today the story has changed. Here is my testimony.
Me:Good Morning Ma
Vo: Morning
Vo: you are going to wiu
Me: yes Ma, for my masters degree in computer Sci
Vo: wen did u graduate
Me: 2009
VO: wat have u being doing since then
Me: I went for my nysc in 2010 and I was retained where I did my ppa which is a univ.
VO: Ok, who is sponsoring you?
Me: My uncle
VO: Why ur uncle?
Me: I’ve be staying with him since wen I was young because as at then he has no child of his own but thank God he have a baby boy now
VO: Do u ve is statement?
Me: Yes (I then pass it to her). I was still holding a statement of account in my hand
Vo: Which statemt are u having there
Me: Mine, the one I saved out of my little income
Vo: Let me see it
I passed it to her. Then she started typing ooo and then here comes the statement I have been waiting to hear, your visa has being approve….
She dey tell me how I go take flight to my school, my mind no dey dere again since she has said the important thing I wanted to hear.
I really appreciate every1 for their support and encouragement. Winbyforce, Ojap, BigFrancis, Imperiouxx ,GboyegaD and all the Gurus in the house. You people are great.

Note: You are free to put ur file/document on the counter slab and u can even rest on the counter. It ease ur tension.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
Today marks exactly 10days that I was delayed, I thank God today the story has changed. Here is my testimony.
Me: I went for my nysc in 2010 and I was retained where I did my ppa which is a univ.
Me: I’ve be staying with him since wen I was young because as at then he has no child of his own but thank God he have a baby boy now
Me: Yes (I then pass it to her). I was still holding a statement of account in my hand
I passed it to her. Then she started typing ooo and then here comes the statement I have been waiting to hear, your visa has being approve….
She dey tell me how I go take flight to my school, my mind no dey dere again since she has said the important thing I wanted to hear.
I really appreciate every1 for their support and encouragement. Winbyforce, Ojap, BigFrancis, Imperiouxx ,GboyegaD and all the Gurus in the house. You people are great.

Note: You are free to put ur file/document on the counter slab and u can even rest on the counter. It ease ur tension.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kingcobra2003: 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
@Zynnie: congrats to you. which school? at least I have found one lawyer in the house, kindred spirit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
kingcobra2003: People, please I paid my SEVIS Fee and went for my interview on Tuesday, I was denied. Do I need to pay anoda sevis fee as I want to reapply immediately?

As long as you ve not been issued a visa or your passport has not been stamped at the POE, your SEVIS fee is still valid and can still be used. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kingcobra2003: 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
fidelia.john:

@fidelia.john: pls I need info frm u. were u denied ten days ago? what changed in your new application? help, pls. I was denied on Tuesday, want to go back ASAP. Thanks.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by KehindeOseni: 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
Good day house, my interview is tomorrow 10am in Abuja but my SEvIS fee payment is still been process though payment has been received (called SEVIS). Should I still wait till evening or cancel my appointment. If I am too cancel it hope it isn't too late. I have sent a mail to DHS and I'm awaiting there reply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Italian Student Visa-help! / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.