Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,622 members, 7,888,986 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:50 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491397 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
eedrism: Omo A̶̲̥̅♍ tired of been delayeed oooo gbaa wil probably drop d skool as u have said den and I tink I will have to do that SAT again,I have TOEFL tho,but d resultis low....A̶̲̥̅♍ just tired...but to me I tink I don't have the boldness enoff to face n interview datz is my main issueee I tink..not standardize test or sumtin....I tink d vos always see fear in me.

While pursuing your US dream, do not forget to try other places too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
Dude 46k per annum that's sick!! Congrats tho.

foohard: Glory be to GOD. VISA approved at 11.45am today.

Got there about 10.10am. did all the security and fingerprints as required. was told to join the interview queue. Finally reached my turn and was interviewed by the lady on counter 6.
I was on black suit, low cut, medicated glass and my office ID card on.

Me: Good morning 'smile'
VO: Good afternoon

Me; it is still morning
VO; smile

VO: Your documents pls,
Me: Here

VO: What is the purpose of your trip to the US?
Me: Going for masters degree in Information Technology

VO: At Loyola University Chicago
Me: Yes ma'am

VO: Why Loyola?
Me: Asides the fact that the curriculum of the course in Loyola is of high quality, Prof. William Honig shown interest in the project i intend to do on return to Nigeria after my program. So, going to Loyola would give me the opportunity to work closely with him.

VO: Nod and typed
VO; did you write GRE?
Me: No, I was exempted because of my work experience, short trainings office have sent me and my professional certifications. I wrote IELTS

VO; Did you apply to other schools?
Me; Yes ma'am

VO; Which schools with big smile
Me; Lancaster university, University of ST Andrews, The university of Melbourne and The university of Sydney, all accept.

VO: Why would you further your education in the field of Information Technology?
Me: 'big smile' have got several reasons...

VO: 'nod'
Me: After having acquired some skills as an IT worker, and a computer science graduate, Information Technology became the next logical step to me because: More than ever, here in Nigeria, organisations depends on Information Technology to help them be more productive, Number of IT jobs continues to grow, IT career is a very promising career in Nigeria and I foresee it to be same in decades to come because Nigeria is yet to appropriately explore Information Technology.

VO; 'nod' who will sponsor your study in the US?
Me: I won a merit-based scholarship from Federal Government of Nigeria, The Agency in charge is bla bla bla and the scholarship is worth $46,000 oer annum

VO: 'nod' Picked up a slip and passed to me, your VISA will be ready by thursday.
Me: Thank you with smile

VO; You are welcome with smile

No documents was required, I know God did it all for me and I'm grateful...

Thank you all my people on Nairaland, you people indeed helped built my confidence and prepared me well for the interview.. Bigfrancis, This is the outcome of all the disturbances on the bbm. really appreciate your time and all you did for me.. I await your success story too..

Imperoux, alawalay, ricky and all gurus in the house, I salute you all and thank you.

Again, I'm grateful to you all and I say a big thank you to GOD
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
lisadem: Congrats Foohard. I must confess I love and learnt from the reason you gave on why you wanna further your study in Information technology grin . Wait o! Were you not the one that said your wife filed for you in the US and was doubting your chances?

Exactly!!! Till the time of the interview, I still doubted my chances, I just put my trust in GOD and did pray about it.

the VO didnt even ask about my wife.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2013
webstradamus:

Congrats man!!! I'm just curious ... did you really get a govt scholarship worth 46K USD per annum? shocked shocked shocked What scheme is that?

Yes... I did win a scholarship worth the amount.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 3:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
eedrism: ;DLooooool more over nah water I use fast 2dai because d hotel I lodge forthis abuja food no dey....now A̶̲̥̅♍ hungry nd I don't wanna brk now,had it been dey gave me the visa now--i will never be hungry @all--but A̶̲̥̅♍ going to pay anoda visa fee on thursday again aniwai nd I wil try to. Re apply asap.skool resume 08/26

Sorry bro. please re-apply. You'll get it inshaAllah. I'm also getting set for Abuja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
Have gained admission from a skool in canada already aswell..buti was told canada take about 6months to treat documents itz long.

GboyegaD:

While pursuing your US dream, do not forget to try other places too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
syahboy: Bro please drop that school, you never tire to be delayed?.Its appaling how Nigerians don't care about school rankings(Salisbury is not even in the top 100 uni's for comp. Sc) I am quite sure if you were going to UMCP or UMBC you would have gotten your visa. People will tell you work on a good reason for choosing the school bla bla, your reason is so vague how is a school not in the top 100 ranked Uni's in comp. Sci unique? If you are tired of paying visa fee you gotta write those standardized tests and apply to reputable schools. I hope you're not too old for undergraduate studies sha. My 2kobo Cheers!
Oga Abeg abeg, don't add another insult to the guy's injury. You think the VOs have time to start checking rankings during a 2min interview? Smh. From my research, Salisbury's a public institution.... Or do do think everybody that got his/her visa applied to top notch or ranked schools? The problem is obviously somewhere, he just hasn't deduced it yet.

Eedrism, guy abeg. I'll advise you to chill, get your priorities right and straightened before applying the fourth time...else you'll be seen as a desperado.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 4:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
odowetalu: Dude 46k per annum that's sick!! Congrats tho.

IKR!

foohard:

Wow ... I'm really so excited for you cos you will definitely enjoy your stay here, trust me wink I guess you made a 1st to have been eligible in the first place. Congrats once again!!! But why Loyola [size=4pt](with all due respect)[/size] though? I mean with that kinda money you could easily have attended a top 10 IT program here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
@ms nas,so what do u suggest I should do now,because my broda want me to re apply asap to me wit d whole tin,I tink I bleeped mysef up due to my fearfullness.I swear,had it been A̶̲̥̅♍ no,nd A̶̲̥̅♍ calm,I will get d visa.

Ms Nas:
Oga Abeg abeg, don't add another insult to the guy's injury. You think the VOs have time to start checking rankings during a 2min interview? Smh. From my research, Salisbury's a public institution.... Or do do think everybody that got his/her visa applied to top notch or ranked schools? The problem is obviously somewhere, he just hasn't deduced it yet.

Eedrism, guy abeg. I'll advise you to chill, get your priorities right and straightened before applying the fourth time...else you'll be seen as a desperado.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
Guys did y'all know we now have a resident VO on Nairaland? Wonders shall never end!

https://www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
olarwarlay: @Walspring - My brother, though it saddens my heart you were delayed, i think it wasn't just your day today.

Sometimes when God does good things that do not favor us at a particular time, we feel bad and think He doesn't love us as a child, but I tell you God planned our individual future, sees beyond now, never sleeps nor slumber and i assure you He will never renege on His promises for you.

Re-apply, Take standardized tests if possible(you know heaven helps those who help themselves) smiley, pay all necessary fees, schedule an interview date and go claim your VISA.

I'll call you tomorrow.

Thanks so much and i look forward to your call.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
OjaP:

WtF!!! Who is telling you that your school is not too good? YES, the CSU system may not be highly rated as the UC's but I can tell you that they are also good. I can name 10 NL'ers including my very self who presented CSU I-20 at the embassy and got their VISAS.

CSU Bakersfield used to be the only university in the West offering MS Petroleum Geology. Only recently did CSU Long Beach started offering it. Even the so called UC's still don't offer it as a course. Many people I know including myself got a job with a CSU diploma. So?

You said they asked you if you will be taking any exams when you get to the school. Your response wasn't so good enough. I don't think it is proper to tell the V.O that the answer to that is in your admission letter. You should know it off hand and start telling them the exams you will take and what will happen after you take the exams. That will show that you really know what you are going there to do. Last time I checked, freshers take some English Placement or Mathematics exam, I am not sure if that is what the V.O wants to hear. If you took the SAT, I don't think that should even come up at all because you would just tell them you already took the SAT and TOEFL and won't be any need for that. And if you are still considering any of the UC's, you better be ready to have a perfect SAT score because they are so picky and highly competitive. On top of this is that, it is *effing expensive for Int'l students.

Fresno state which you applied to is a good school. You tried your best at the interview, don't blame it on school or whoever you gave your prayer quotes. Today isn't just your day. Go back and reapply.

Best of luck.

Thanks very much and i will take note of all what you said and work towards it.. I really appreciate that from you. Also i will email you to ask more advise and way out too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
eedrism: Have gained admission from a skool in canada already aswell..buti was told canada take about 6months to treat documents itz long.

You could do the online processing since it gives you the opportunity to keep your passports and other documents while your visa is being processed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 4:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
webstradamus:

IKR!

Wow ... I'm really so excited for you cos you will definitely enjoy your stay here, trust me wink I guess you made a 1st to have been eligible in the first place. Congrats once again!!! But why Loyola [size=4pt](with all due respect)[/size] though? I mean with that kinda money you could easily have attended a top 10 IT program here.

Just like I said, I love the curriculum, you may wish to check the curriculum. I have the funding and the results to make to top ten schools but their curriculum doesn't appeal to me. The are too technical. I want a curriculum that integrates technology with business which loyola has. Most of the top school have the business in Information Systems which more of business than technology where you would learn financial accounting and some marketing courses. Asides that, what you will see in top schools is Computer Science and Software engineering programs which I'm tired of now.

Also, I'm glad that the prof I mentioned is willing to guide the project I will do when I return to Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sahlau(m): 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
Congrat foohard, wish u a successful stay in us, pls I need some advice and steps frm u, am also a comp sci graduate, wish to knw dere GP requirement and some oda stuff, send ur pin to tsarlau@ymail.com so as to guide me. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 5:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ohh really can I apply online nd keeping my passport with me?tht will be great if I can do tht oo

Oh
GboyegaD:

You could do the online processing since it gives you the opportunity to keep your passports and other documents while your visa is being processed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 6:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
foohard:

Just like I said, I love the curriculum, you may wish to check the curriculum. I have the funding and the results to make to top ten schools but their curriculum doesn't appeal to me. The are too technical. I want a curriculum that integrates technology with business which loyola has. Most of the top school have the business in Information Systems which more of business than technology where you would learn financial accounting and some marketing courses. Asides that, what you will see in top schools is Computer Science and Software engineering programs which I'm tired of now.

Also, I'm glad that the prof I mentioned is willing to guide the project I will do when I return to Nigeria.

I know you have the result else you wouldn't have earned the scholarship wink. I looked at the curriculum and it looks pretty good (I like the IA track!). And you're right about the top 10 schools being more tilted towards CS and SE. You can't blame them really, that's what the market requires. But since you're obviously not interested in the US job market, no shaking for you, carry go!

Enjoy your stay in Chicago and remember to go back home to contribute your quota to the development of IT services in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2013
Hello houseeeeeee----i got Denied again today @ Abj nd I have post my interview review for everybody 2 see---But I want to re apply asap because A̶̲̥̅♍ paying anoda visa fee on thursday and I have a questions for u all plss ansa.

1}A̶̲̥̅♍ going for my undergraduate studies in computeer sci! A̶̲̥̅♍ 19yrs old and skool name is salisbury university.

2]Will I get dates in Lagos?because skool resumes in august 26th

3]Do I stand any chance of getting the visa this time?

Bigfrancis,imperioux,ricky rozay,gboyegad,yvette,ms nas nd all others in the house plsss ur response will highly be appreciated...plss u all shuld let me know wah sup,I need to get this visa #sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2013

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
eedrism: Hello houseeeeeee----i got Denied again today @ Abj nd I have post my interview review for everybody 2 see---But I want to re apply asap because A̶̲̥̅♍ paying anoda visa fee on thursday and I have a questions for u all plss ansa.

1}A̶̲̥̅♍ going for my undergraduate studies in computeer sci! A̶̲̥̅♍ 19yrs old and skool name is salisbury university.

2]Will I get dates in Lagos?because skool resumes in august 26th

3]Do I stand any chance of getting the visa this time?

Bigfrancis,imperioux,ricky rozay,gboyegad,yvette,ms nas nd all others in the house plsss ur response will highly be appreciated...plss u all shuld let me know wah sup,I need to get this visa #sad

Sorry about your denial. I think you need to chill for a bit and restrategize. DO NOT attend another interview this FALL. You will only come off as DESPERATE. There were several loopholes in your last interview. You didn't sound convincing in your responses (due to fear) and it seems there might be some inconsistencies in your responses compared to your previous interviews. I believe you still have a lot to cover in terms of preparing for the interview. Luckily all the information you need have been covered here on Nairaland (from part 1 - 4). Take the time and read everything diligently. There is a huge wealth of knowledge here.

And to help you fast track your recovery, I suggest you also post your previous 2 interviews here so the house can analyze your responses and start the postmortem from the bottom.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
foohard:

Congrats Foohard. The icing on the admission cake is getting a scholarship to go with it. Visa don come seal everythn join cheesy All the best bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
webstradamus: Guys did y'all know we now have a resident VO on Nairaland? Wonders shall never end!

https://www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me

I am truly amazed! I think this is really nice of him/her.
Though its only for immigrant visas it would give some people an outlook into what they really think.

Sometimes we just need to do proper homework and be truthful and we'll ace the interview.
And he/she confirmed that they read NL!
Hoping so see a non-immigrant vo join NL soon smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2013
Find Out!:

Congrats Foohard. The icing on the admission cake is getting a scholarship to go with it. Visa don come seal everythn join cheesy All the best bro

I think the admission was actually the icing on the scholarship ... lol. Cos I believe he got the admission after securing the scholarship. Foohard, no?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 7:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
teejay_GO01:

I am truly amazed! I think this is really nice of him/her.
Though its only for immigrant visas it would give some people an outlook into what they really think.

Sometimes we just need to do proper homework and be truthful and we'll ace the interview.
And he/she confirmed that they read NL!
Hoping so see a non-immigrant vo join NL soon smiley

I hope this VO resident is REAL?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zynnnie: 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
iamchux:

I can't stop laughing again..... grin grin grin

smh......... You guys r not serious.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 8:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
webstradamus:

I think the admission was actually the icing on the scholarship ... lol. Cos I believe he got the admission after securing the scholarship. Foohard, no?

Yes bro... Worked on the admission after the scholarship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
foohard: Glory be to GOD. VISA approved at 11.45am today.

Again, I'm grateful to you all and I say a big thank you to GOD
congrats man, wish u success in d US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 8:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
webstradamus:

I know you have the result else you wouldn't have earned the scholarship wink. I looked at the curriculum and it looks pretty good (I like the IA track!). And you're right about the top 10 schools being more tilted towards CS and SE. You can't blame them really, that's what the market requires. But since you're obviously not interested in the US job market, no shaking for you, carry go!

Enjoy your stay in Chicago and remember to go back home to contribute your quota to the development of IT services in Nigeria.

I will by God's grace...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
Find Out!:

Thank you bro.. Wish you well too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 8:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
idalex:
congrats man, wish u success in d US.

Replied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
@foohard, this is really cool. How did you get this unique scholarship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
Walspring:

I hope this VO resident is REAL?

Yeah. The VO is real. A humbug could never come up with such technical on-point answers. I had my doubts initially too but when I read his/her answers, I thought otherwise. He is also very professional and courteous.

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.