Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,226 members, 7,974,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 04:19 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (495849 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 10:47am On Aug 19, 2013
samnoah: House, I just checked the date on my last toefl and I discovered it was 17th of June 2011. I'm thinking it will still be valid for 2014 fall admission so I will just focus on re-writing my GRE alone. Also, my details are: Undergrad GPA 3.87/5.0 (already evaluated by WES to be 3.3/4.0) and Master's(U.I) currently on 6.4/7.0(after two semesters, remaining the computation of the last semester results which I trust God to be fine as well)
(1.) Will I be fine with that toefl (scored 87)
(2.) Is applying to schools like cornell, UMBC, SYRACUS, U. WASHINGTON, U. CALIFORNIA BERKELEY ok for my details?

NB: I'm applying for PhD in Information Science (my Master's also was in this)
Your TOEFL is expired my guy. Na just two years o. You'll have to retake it,moreover,a score of 87 is too low for PhD admission. I believe the schools you are applying to are top notch but u might wanna include some lower ranked schools just in case it doesn't work out with the ones listed. All the best bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:47am On Aug 19, 2013
DboySET: Hi house, Imperiousxx and others that know more about F1 Reinstatement. Here is my story, I am not going to enrol for fall classes due to financial problem my parent are facing right now but i am guarantee of enrolment by next coming Spring semester. my problem are these; 1 - I have already transferred to another UNI in NY which my new I-20 has already been created but i haven't register for any classes yet 2- I know i'm going to fall out of status but how am i going to process the reinstatement against the next semester because i want to start the process ASAP,hope is not going to affect me in anyway ? 3- do i need to go explain myself to my new school ISO?
have anyone did it before? please i need advice. Thank you all
[size=8pt][/size]

I will suggest you get in touch with your international office. In my school, they claim that if it is within 5months, then there is no need for reinstatement. I don't know if this is true for all schools. However, is it possible for you to take classes with a community college to remain in status?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 19, 2013
I just want to thank that guy that pointed out that you could register for TOEFL by phone. I registered from the restroom in AccessBank. Lol. (Guess I was drawn to the convenience. Pun intended.)
It was 27,912 (as against 37,000 charged by firstlogic) and the funny part is that the exam is still at firstlogic.
Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by joelinsewa: 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
dolapobello1: I just want to thank that guy that pointed out that you could register for TOEFL by phone. I registered from the restroom in AccessBank. Lol. (Guess I was drawn to the convenience. Pun intended.)
It was 27,912 (as against 37,000 charged by firstlogic) and the funny part is that the exam is still at firstlogic.
Thank you so much.
. Hey! Pls how did u go abt d payment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by DboySET: 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2013
GboyegaD:

I will suggest you get in touch with your international office. In my school, they claim that if it is within 5months, then there is no need for reinstatement. I don't know if this is true for all schools. However, is it possible for you to take classes with a community college to remain in status?

You just gave me good suggestion. I will go speak with my ISO of my new sch then try to apply to a community college to do few of the remaining "General" courses . if you got any update, you can let me know.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2013
dolapobello1: I just want to thank that guy that pointed out that you could register for TOEFL by phone. I registered from the restroom in AccessBank. Lol. (Guess I was drawn to the convenience. Pun intended.)
Thank you so much.

Thank me later. cheesy Bigfrancis, #respect.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2013
godG:

Thank me later. cheesy Bigfrancis, #respect.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
Hello House,i hope you all are having a Wonderful Day today....i just want to share this wit u all nd i need a comment from u all as ur comment is been helpful to every member on this Forum...as u all know my Case,i have Been Denied a VISA 3times...and i dont want to be denied the 4th time again..Now i Gained admission from UNBC in Canada,and i want to submit my Application and u know CANADA Takes 3-4months to Treat a student Application...so withing this period,i have Planned on Taking another SAT,Change my School to a new school and i will be going to a private UNI pending the time CANADA get back to me nd if Canada Grant my VISA Glory be to GOD i will leave for CANADA nd if not by then i will go for my 4th interview again at the US Embassy again and see what will happen if US probably Gimme Visa den,i will Leave nd if not again i will continue with the Private UNI i will be going toooo...Please House is that a Good Plan nd a Good Idea??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by michole21: 2:42pm On Aug 19, 2013
That asian guy has done it again!!!DENIED he didn't allow me to present my case at all...I'm fed up...I was just talking nonsense because he didn't gimme time to speak...before answering a question finish he'll just cut in...as my number flashed there I didn't want to go I was scared It won't show again so I just stood up and went there...I knew what the outcome would be
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 2:49pm On Aug 19, 2013
michole21: That asian guy has done it again!!!DENIED he didn't allow me to present my case at all...I'm fed up...I was just talking nonsense because he didn't gimme time to speak...before answering a question finish he'll just cut in...as my number flashed there I didn't want to go I was scared It won't show again so I just stood up and went there...I knew what the outcome would be

Sorry. Have u been denied before? Please kindly post your interview experience for the house to review.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by michole21: 2:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
eedrism: Hello House,i hope you all are having a Wonderful Day today....i just want to share this wit u all nd i need a comment from u all as ur comment is been helpful to every member on this Forum...as u all know my Case,i have Been Denied a VISA 3times...and i dont want to be denied the 4th time again..Now i Gained admission from UNBC in Canada,and i want to submit my Application and u know CANADA Takes 3-4months to Treat a student Application...so withing this period,i have Planned on Taking another SAT,Change my School to a new school and i will be going to a private UNI pending the time CANADA get back to me nd if Canada Grant my VISA Glory be to GOD i will leave for CANADA nd if not by then i will go for my 4th interview again at the US Embassy again and see what will happen if US probably Gimme Visa den,i will Leave nd if not again i will continue with the Private UNI i will be going toooo...Please House is that a Good Plan nd a Good Idea??
eedris can I get ur email I wanna email u and ask u something...thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
eedrism: Hello House,i hope you all are having a Wonderful Day today....i just want to share this wit u all nd i need a comment from u all as ur comment is been helpful to every member on this Forum...as u all know my Case,i have Been Denied a VISA 3times...and i dont want to be denied the 4th time again..Now i Gained admission from UNBC in Canada,and i want to submit my Application and u know CANADA Takes 3-4months to Treat a student Application...so withing this period,i have Planned on Taking another SAT,Change my School to a new school and i will be going to a private UNI pending the time CANADA get back to me nd if Canada Grant my VISA Glory be to GOD i will leave for CANADA nd if not by then i will go for my 4th interview again at the US Embassy again and see what will happen if US probably Gimme Visa den,i will Leave nd if not again i will continue with the Private UNI i will be going toooo...Please House is that a Good Plan nd a Good Idea??
I think u've made a gud decision, shaking off d disppointments of d 3 denials. Wot makes a man a failure is d inability to rise again wen felled. Pls go on wit d private uni & never consider it a back up in case d unexpected happend again @ d embassy. U shud rather consider it d real deal, and continue processing that of Canada. D sky is ur starting point. I see u having good stories to tell @ d end
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by maximumm: 3:37pm On Aug 19, 2013
Hello admin, please is it advisable to click yes on ( have you make plans as student on) DS-160 form? While filling the application form online?

Please I want to know the advantage and disadvantage it will give me for quick visa acceptance!

Thanks
Kelvin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2013
Thank you so Much DOt1....May God Help us all.....Gbayii Plenty brof. smiley

Dot1:
I think u've made a gud decision, shaking off d disppointments of d 3 denials. Wot makes a man a failure is d inability to rise again wen felled. Pls go on wit d private uni & never consider it a back up in case d unexpected happend again @ d embassy. U shud rather consider it d real deal, and continue processing that of Canada. D sky is ur starting point. I see u having good stories to tell @ d end
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
joelin_sewa: . Hey! Pls how did u go abt d payment

Well, for starters,you must have a TOEFL iBT account.
Also, you must have a Visa ATM card. (That's the only way Nigerians can pay.)
When you're set, armed with the above, call the ETS RRC on +31320239593. Make sure to have your ETS Id ready (you'll get that after registering on the website), know your details, as you'll be asked, for verification (name, date of birthday, address, e-mail address and so on). Also have your card details ready (16-digit number, expiry date, 3-digit code at the back.)
Lastly, have at least 500 naira credit on your phone (if you use airtel like me) as it's an international call.

I may make the whole process seem cumbersome and very complex, but I assure you, it's tres (very) easy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by doctore89: 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
hello house, am a prospective phd applicant in clinical psychology seeking admission into university, but i have issues with my toefl score, this is my second time of writing toefl, the first score was 77, and the second score was 79, i choose university of north texas,Florida institute of technology,university of denver and university of south florida, am kinda depressed right now, i just wanna know my chances of getting admission, i was told that if at all am considered for admission , i would be considered last
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
joelin_sewa: . Hey! Pls how did u go abt d payment

When you're set, armed with the above, call the ETS RRC on +31320239593. Make sure to have your ETS Id ready (you'll get that after registering on the website), know your details, as you'll be asked, for verification (name, date of birthday, address, e-mail address and so on). You must know the date you want (you can search on the Toefl website) and the Location you want (whether Nigeria or Namibia, Lagos or Abuja). In addition, have your card details ready (16-digit number, expiry date, 3-digit code at the back.)
Lastly, have at least 500 naira credit on your phone (if you use airtel like me), as it's an international call.

I may make the whole process seem cumbersome and very complex, but I assure you, it's tres (very) easy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
Wale I sent u a mail, u haven't replied moi sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2013
DboySET:

You just gave me good suggestion. I will go speak with my ISO of my new sch then try to apply to a community college to do few of the remaining "General" courses . if you got any update, you can let me know.thanks

Yea, that would be fine. File petition for deferment to next semester with the new school. Get CC to stay on status because of DHS while you pay less for the studies. I pray everything is sorted at home before spring. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by joelinsewa: 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2013
Thanks so much
dolapobello1:

When you're set, armed with the above, call the ETS RRC on +31320239593. Make sure to have your ETS Id ready (you'll get that after registering on the website), know your details, as you'll be asked, for verification (name, date of birthday, address, e-mail address and so on). You must know the date you want (you can search on the Toefl website) and the Location you want (whether Nigeria or Namibia, Lagos or Abuja). In addition, have your card details ready (16-digit number, expiry date, 3-digit code at the back.)
Lastly, have at least 500 naira credit on your phone (if you use airtel like me), as it's an international call.

thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by steve4ever: 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
Pls house, am using my bro as my sponsor, wht if d v.o ask of my parent and also y cant dey sponsor me, pls wht can i come up wit....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 11:03pm On Aug 19, 2013
DboySET: Hi house, Imperiousxx and others that know more about F1 Reinstatement. Here is my story, I am not going to enrol for fall classes due to financial problem my parent are facing right now but i am guarantee of enrolment by next coming Spring semester. my problem are these; 1 - I have already transferred to another UNI in NY which my new I-20 has already been created but i haven't register for any classes yet 2- I know i'm going to fall out of status but how am i going to process the reinstatement against the next semester because i want to start the process ASAP,hope is not going to affect me in anyway ? 3- do i need to go explain myself to my new school ISO?
have anyone did it before? please i need advice. Thank you all
[size=8pt][/size]

I will want you to try and read this link cos i am sure it will help you a bit..

http://redbus2us.com/can-i-transfer-to-another-us-university-before-first-semester-what-are-the-conditions-for-transfer-key-considerations-for-transferring-in-first-week/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 11:03pm On Aug 19, 2013
DboySET:

Thanks...I will try to defer my admission and also ask for advise from my new sch ISO.

I will want you to try and read this link cos i am sure it will help you a bit..

http://redbus2us.com/can-i-transfer-to-another-us-university-before-first-semester-what-are-the-conditions-for-transfer-key-considerations-for-transferring-in-first-week/

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MikeWill: 5:37am On Aug 20, 2013
Enjoying the city of Los Angeles.................guys trying to get this visa keep pressing on i met a lady denied 7 times the 8th time they were convinced she really wanted to study in America.....she is a senior now in UCLA now so guys dont give up...eedris and mchole

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jamiu4real(m): 7:16am On Aug 20, 2013
Hi everyone , I am willing to help anyone who is in need of The Official TOEFL Test Guide E-book,it was originally purchased with my TOEFL test last year November from their website , am doing this for free just drop me your email an I will send it to your inbox whenever am back online.

Keep tracking for the visa success never give up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mckenziiii: 7:42am On Aug 20, 2013
jamiu4real: Hi everyone , I am willing to help anyone who is in need of The Official TOEFL Test Guide E-book,it was originally purchased with my TOEFL test last year November from their website , am doing this for free just drop me your email an I will send it to your inbox whenever am back online.

skj2009@yahoo.com.tanxx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Adroitbabz: 8:10am On Aug 20, 2013
jamiu4real: Hi everyone , I am willing to help anyone who is in need of The Official TOEFL Test Guide E-book,it was originally purchased with my TOEFL test last year November from their website , am doing this for free just drop me your email an I will send it to your inbox whenever am back online.

Adroitbabs@yahoo.com. Tanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (401)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.