Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,410 members, 7,950,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (494668 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
Congrats KlPlus on your Visa approval...
Enjoy your stay in Obamaland!!!!!!!! Welcome to USA....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Pls Bros, NEVER send your certificate to any school for admission if requested because you are Never getting it back from the school..

Any documents submitted to schools becomes the school's Property, so if you send your Certificate to them, they will NEVER send it back to you because it has become the school's property.

If they accept scanned copies, then you can scan and send it to em by email,

But if they DON'T accept scanned copies then the Best you can do is to make a Coloured photocopy of the certificate which will look exactly like the Original one, then take it to a law court and have it NOTARIZED... Simple!!!!!!

Cheers bro...
' Thanks, u are right. pls how do I forward my Toefl score to from ETS? Do u know any good university that accepts scanned or fax copies of documents?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2013
Tochium: ' Thanks, u are right. pls how do I forward my Toefl score to from ETS?

Go to ets site, find out how to pay.I think it's 13USD/score reporting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2013
ferdimako:

Go to ets site, find out how to pay.I think it's 13USD/score reporting.
Thank u. Do u know any good university that accepts scanned
or fax copies of documents?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 25, 2013
Tochium: Thank u. Do u know any good university that accepts scanned
or fax copies of documents?

If you don't ask you won't know. Right now am not into US schools but I guess you've got some schools.Ask them!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
Tochium: ' Thanks, u are right. pls how do I forward my Toefl score to from ETS? Do u know any good university that accepts scanned or fax copies of documents?

Many US schools DON'T accept scanned or faxed documents for admissions.. It's Only a few of em that accept it.. The least they will ACCEPT from you is a Notarized copy of your academic certificate..

See what you will do, Search for your desired schools and after short listing em out, then send an email to their international admissions office to ask if they accept Scanned documents OR Notarized documents..

They will let you know which one is ACCEPTABLE for admissions...

Cheers...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2013
vivysparkles:
Psiservice.com...I recommend the platinum package

Vivy, na wetin? No be ordinary health insurance wey you may not even step the hospital for once.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2013
foohard:

Pretty girl... Thats pretty expensive naa... just as what my school billed me.

Oh okay..im guessing your age is the reason why it's expensive...i saved $1k from dt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2013
imperiouxx:

Vivy, na wetin? No be ordinary health insurance wey you may not even step the hospital for once.

Lol...imperioux, the platinum package was $1k cheaper than what my school was offering
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 5:47pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Many US schools DON'T accept scanned or faxed documents for admissions.. It's Only a few of em that accept it.. The least they will ACCEPT from you is a Notarized copy of your academic certificate..

See what you will do, Search for your desired schools and after short listing em out, then send an email to their international admissions office to ask if they accept Scanned documents OR Notarized documents..

They will let you know which one is ACCEPTABLE for admissions...

Cheers...
Thank u so much. You guys are wonderful. Again, if I get an F1 visa with a university and wish to transfer to a community college, is it possible to transfer immediately or will I be required to do one year in the university?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
Tochium: Thank u so much. You guys are wonderful. Again, if I get an F1 visa with a university and wish to transfer to a community college, is it possible to transfer immediately or will I be required to do one year in the university?

See let me tell you something, Many schools in the US will always want you to do ATLEAST a semester with them before you can transfer to another university or community college of your choice..

Although, it it NOT imposiible for you to transfer immediately when you get to the US, but it depends on your school's policy for transfers. So you will need to check with the appropriate department in charge of transfers in the school when you get to the US before you make any decisions..

So another useful tip I can give to you is that when searching for your desired schools, put into consideration their per semester tuition rate, if it is affordable for you or your parents just incase you are NOT allowed to transfer immeditately, you can easily find a way to struggle to pay for the first semester tuition fee then you can quickly transfer to the community college of your choice and start the second semester with them.

So you need to be careful as not to get stucked with a school with high tuition rate for a semester which you won't be able to afford and If you can't pay your tuition fee when you are currently enrolled in your school, you will fall out of status and get deported back to Naija. Which I know it is something you don't wanna pray for.. So search wisely bro..

But for the main time, you can check out this link below; it will be helpful to you as well;

www.redbus2us.com/can-i-transfer-to-another-us-university-before-first-semester-what-are-the-conditions-for-transfer-key-considerations-for-transferring-in-first-week/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by worry359(m): 6:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
With so many people from Nigeria applying to uni, getting admission and visa then transfering to comunity col.
It will not be long before visa authority and unis crack down!!!!
Soon Nigerians will not get visa or will have three year contract with uni!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
worry 359: With so many people from Nigeria applying to uni, getting admission and visa then transfering to comunity col.

How nice of you to point this out when it's now common knowledge that VOs follow this thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2013
worry 359: With so many people from Nigeria applying to uni, getting admission and visa then transfering to comunity col.

Hahahahahahaha.. Lolzz. I see that coming..You are veryyy veryyy right bro.. They will soon tighten the system when they realize all this things are getting at it's peak..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

See let me tell you something, Many schools in the US will always want you to do ATLEAST a semester with them before you can transfer to another university or community college of your choice..

Although, it it NOT imposiible for you to transfer immediately when you get to the US, but it depends on your school's policy for transfers. So you will need to check with the appropriate department in charge of transfers in the school when you get to the US before you make any decisions..

So another useful tip I can give to you Is that when searching for your desired schools, put into consideration their per semester tuition rate, if it is affordable for you or your parents just incase you are NOT allowed to transfer immeditately, so you won't get stucked and that could be bad for you,

If you can't pay your tuition fee when you are currently enrolled in your school, you will fall out of status and get deported back to Naija. Which I know it is something you don't wanna pray for.. So search wisely bro..

But for the main time, you can check out this link below; it will be helpful to you as well;

www.redbus2us.com/can-i-transfer-to-another-us-university-before-first-semester-what-are-the-conditions-for-transfer-key-considerations-for-transferring-in-first-week/
- Thanks bro you are always making sense
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 7:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
Please I will like to advice everyone here.....if we. Have any critical question to ask we can just email the gurus in the house,for satisfactory responses,we can email like 5 gurus same question instead of posting such on here.since we all know that VO's visits NL.questions about transfer to community colleges should atleast not be posted here.have pity on we that are yet to receive our visas[color=#990000][/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Hahahahahahaha.. Lolzz. I see that coming..You are veryyy veryyy right bro.. They will soon tighten the system when they realize all this things are getting at it's peak..
You know this and you were there writing an epistle on how a person can go about it... What should one call that act of yours? Smh

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2013
kofsy:
You know this and you were there writing an epistle on how a person can go about it... What should one call that act of yours? Smh

Madam, there is nothing wrong in what I wrote up there.. Many people are not well informed so they take the wrong step. So it is good to keep em posted so they don't regret their actions.....

Didn't you read the link I posted up there too, it shows the conditions and disadvantages of transfering to another uni or college without attending the first semester of your current school which one used in procuring his visa.

With what I put up there, people thinking of taking a fast route in avoiding first semester tuition at a university will think twice...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2013

Do you think that starts today or all schools allow transfer without doing first semester with them? Do you think they (schools) don't know how people try hard to evade the tuition. If transfer is really pain to schools, how about those that abscond into thin air? About contract, my school among others won't bother to give you I-20 without paying some of your tuition..... Why?!

dolapobello1:

How nice of you to point this out when it's now common knowledge that VOs follow this thread.

And what authority VOs have over paying tuition and transfer that that could be used against prospective students? You thought, VOs started looking up the thread today just because they just employed people in department that look up all websites using "US F1 visa interview" as search word? Check part one of this thread (2009 and 2010), where VOs will ask you "don't tell me what you've rehearsed on visa websites".

Ricky Rozay:

You guys thought this is just happening now because you just got idea of what's going on. For what reason you think those schools that ask for part tuition before issuing I-20 just like my school are doing so?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
klplus: hello all,
I believe I owe this house my visa testimony and I want to give thanks to God.

Congratulation klplus, wish u success in Obamaland.
I sent u a PM, can u pls reply. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

So another useful tip I can give to you is that when searching for your desired schools, put into consideration their per semester tuition rate, if it is affordable for you or your parents just incase you are NOT allowed to transfer immeditately, you can easily find a way to struggle to pay for the first semester tuition fee then you can quickly transfer to the community college of your choice and start the second semester with them.

So you need to be careful as not to get stucked with a school with high tuition rate for a semester which you won't be able to afford and If you can't pay your tuition fee when you are currently enrolled in your school, you will fall out of status and get deported back to Naija. Which I know it is something you don't wanna pray for.. So search wisely bro..

I am searching for cheap universities, pls checkout Oklahoma State University–Oklahoma City AND New Mexico Highlands University..... What do you think about them? Can i proceed with them? .... still searching
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
@Ms N,

I can see you. How is your state treating you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by klplus: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
@ idalex got your pm. how can i help? you can send me a mail, i have replied your pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 11:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Pls Bros, NEVER send your certificate to any school for admission if requested because you are Never getting it back from the school..

Any documents submitted to schools becomes the school's Property, so if you send your Certificate to them, they will NEVER send it back to you because it has become the school's property.

If they accept scanned copies, then you can scan and send it to em by email,

But if they DON'T accept scanned copies then the Best you can do is to make a Coloured photocopy of the certificate which will look exactly like the Original one, then take it to a law court and have it NOTARIZED... Simple!!!!!!

Cheers bro...

Good info that i wish to know more about cos a school once told me to NOTARIZED my documents before.. Tell me after NOTARIZED what next?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 11:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
Tochium: ' Thanks, u are right. pls how do I forward my Toefl score to from ETS? Do u know any good university that accepts scanned or fax copies of documents?

Yes.. California state university FRESNO accept scanned copies of documents..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 11:22pm On Aug 25, 2013
Pls guys how do I read my NL mesg or PM?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 11:42pm On Aug 25, 2013
congratulations kiplus!!! You had red flags but in the end when God says YES, no man can say NO grin grin. Welcome to Obamaland. Do have a pleasant stay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 11:51pm On Aug 25, 2013
vivysparkles:

Oh okay..im guessing your age is the reason why it's expensive...i saved $1k from dt.

I'm less than 30 and I will also save 1k, but imperioux option would let me save 1.5k which is good enough for me to by Macbook pro 2013 (retina display) for the program.

You got my point? I guess you should check the site too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 12:31am On Aug 26, 2013
Tochium: Pls guys how do I read my NL mesg or PM?

You can read it from the email you use to registered NL account`
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mandybaby2007: 12:35am On Aug 26, 2013
@TOCHIUM:
University of Minnesota(UMN) accept scanned docs, its an expensive school though(2nd tier ivy league school) but they give funding and student loans 2almost all their admits(that submit app on time)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 12:36am On Aug 26, 2013
olarwarlay: Y'all just knowing?.... Imperiouxx is the man!

He has my respect anytime, any day!!! wink

Bro i sent you message your to you email... Looking forward to your reply...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 1:27am On Aug 26, 2013
mandybaby2007: @TOCHIUM:
University of Minnesota(UMN) accept scanned docs, its an expensive school though(2nd tier ivy league school) but they give funding and student loans 2almost all their admits(that submit app on time)
Student loans to Int'l students? NO WAY

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Italian Student Visa-help! / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.