Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,463 members, 7,964,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 12:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (495440 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 9:41am On Sep 21, 2013
samnoah:

Well, I shared from a personal experience. From the date the last verification was made by WES from my school to the date my transcript was ready was not beyond a week. Also, 23rd of August which happen to be the date your school confirmed WES's verification request was a friday. Hence between 26th of August which happens to be the monday after 23rd of August and 3rd of September is roughly a week and 2days. Which I guess is still good enough. Though I got mine under a week.

PS: by saying a week, I am talking about the transcript processing proper excluding the sending and the verification time involved.
That true, sending transcript and confirmation is the extra weeks on it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 9:48am On Sep 21, 2013
kunlebal:
Seconded, oga justwise forgive him and unban him. Am very surprise too cos the kid is very cool. We talk a lot on bbm. Justwise pls don't ignore our plead.

I'm sorry i have to disappoint you lot this time around.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 9:59am On Sep 21, 2013
seunolumonday: Uncle Justwise,pls am begging u on behalf of amefrica he really needs dis trend now dan ever he is on my bb and he said he has apologised because now he needs help on how 2 pay his sevis fee,he is a young boy if u had him as ur immediate young broda nko,pls sir learn 2 overlook tins especially wen dat person needs help from u,pls our Daddy Lol [b]he is a sweet kid [/b]if u get 2 no him dont no why u guys dont flow well,he is very sorry,pls unban him.Thanks and God bless u sir

How come every single one of them that promotes that agency associate with SEVIS payment doesn't use the same agency?

Sweet kid? You must be having a laugh, fowl mouthed wannabe you called sweet kid? Unfortunately you can't see many of his hidden posts in Celebrity section full of swearing words/insults that you will wonder if he got any respect for himself let alone somebody else.

By the way he is not banned from logging on here, he is only banned from posting, so he can still read previous posts on how to pay SEVIS or tips on interview.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 21, 2013
@Amefrica, since you have contacts of ricky rozay, bigfrancis and others. You can simply contact them to put you through. I know there is something called youth exuberance which a lot of us who are adults now actually potrayed. We shouldn't be too quick to forget that stage. Wish you success in your Interview ahead.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 10:02am On Sep 21, 2013
samnoah:

Joining in the plea. Please @justwise, people may not always be the way we want them to be. Change is a gradual process. Pardon the guy @ dis critical period.

That is true but everybody obeys the same rule.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 11:07am On Sep 21, 2013
kunlebal:
You can but please and please don't put copy of your certificate inside Oº°˚˚°ºo, that will show that it is not coming from your school and Wes will be gladly happy to shred it. Send it separately. This is how I did mine, courier for transcript and nipost registered mail for copy of my certificate.

Lol. I dare not do that na. Thanks brothers. I'm even planing to scan a copy of my certificate to a brother in the USA so that he can send it for me. I believe it is going to be faster like dt. Thanks once again. You guys are great.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 11:15am On Sep 21, 2013
samnoah:

Of course, you can send it via courier because school will usually send it via regular mail. WES only want to see that it is coming from the registrar of the school(envelope signed across with the school seal or stamp). So you can get it once it is ready from the school and then post via courier. Should in case school decides to post it, you can offer to pay for courier letting them know you need it to be deliver in a few days. If you leave them to it, my guess is that it will take weeks if not month. I posted mine via one of the courier companies back then. But note as I said earlier: ONCE IT IS RECEIVED, WES WILL STILL AUTHENTICATE OR VERIFY BY CONTACTING YOUR SCHOOL... You can monitor all these on your account on the website of WES. Hope this helps

Illuminating! Thanks man! God bless you. Will sure PM u when I get stuck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tshift: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2013
Tshift.:
please gurus in the house. I need toefl materials. can anyone help me with it? my email is bosun03@yahoo.com thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2013
godG:

Illuminating! Thanks man! God bless you. Will sure PM u when I get stuck.

Amen Sir. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2013
samnoah: If you are currently preparing for the GRE exam, www.vocabulary.com will surely be a good source for you.

Nice of you for rendering mutual help to others
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
Hi house!
The brotherly love here is priceless.. We should keep the flag flying..
I was banned because of the littlest thing (inquiry about how to pay SEVIS). I never knew it was against the rule of NL to find out how to pay SEVIS undecided.

I really appreciate y'all that pleaded on my behalf but this is getting much (I'm basically the most banned member on here).

Justwise I'm sorry if I went against the rule.. I'm also using this medium to ask for forgiveness, if you've got something against me (which makes you ban me unnecessarily) pls kindly let it go..

Thank you again everybody.. I really appreciate the love smiley. God bless y'all
Dankie
Ke a leboga
Danke
ngyabonga
Thank you
Merci
Gracias
Obrigado
grazi
Spasibo
Asante sana
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
Amefrica: Hi house!
The brotherly love here is priceless.. We should keep the flag flying..
I was banned because of the littlest thing (inquiry about how to pay SEVIS). I never knew it was against the rule of NL to find out how to pay SEVIS undecided.

I really appreciate y'all that pleaded on my behalf but this is getting much (I'm basically the most banned member on here).

Justwise I'm sorry if I went against the rule.. I'm also using this medium to ask for forgiveness, if you've got something against me (which makes you ban me unnecessarily) pls kindly let it go..

Thank you again everybody.. I really appreciate the love smiley. God bless y'all
Dankie
Ke a leboga
Danke
ngyabonga
Thank you
Merci
Gracias
Obrigado
grazi
Spasibo
Asante sana

I banned you unnecessarily? Because you asked about SEVIS payment? Is that what you called it? Right.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2013
justwise:

I banned you unnecessarily? Because you asked about SEVIS payment? Is that what you called it? Right.

Told him he doesn't need exchange of any words on here. We don't need him to tell us why he was banned. This is a crucial time in his life.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2013
JW, check your mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
@Amefrica - Get out of that feeling.... Focus on your interview and be a good boy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentino81(m): 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

25 year old is almost of the same range with those going for masters as well. But a 25 year old person can still stand a high chance of getting his/her visa if the person can prove to the VO by showing Strong Genuiness and willingness to study.

I am not talking of those students going for undergraduate studies between the ages of 26 to 29 and Won't bother taking any standarlized test and they will still expect Magic to happen at the Embassy. A BIG NO NO... RED FLAG!

So, Like for example, taking standarlized test like SAT or ACT and NOT just taking them for the sake of doing so but must try to perform brillantly well in them. The sky will be your limit if the person can do this.

The following age range is the perfect age for students wishing to study in the US;

UNDERGRÀDUATE:
AGE; 16 - 23

MASTERS:
AGE; 24 - 30.

Note: If any of your ages doesn't fall in between the above illustration and you intend going for any of the following listed above.

There is No cause for alarm. Just sit yourself down and work on how to build a strong profile. Which will sound good and acceptable to the VO which I have illustrated on my previous post. Then you should be good to go.

Cheers..
what of the age range btw 31-35 yrs going for Masters? Any complication? If both Toefl and GMAT has been taken and well passed?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2013
imperiouxx:

Nice of you for rendering mutual help to others

Following the footsteps of people like you of course... smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:50pm On Sep 21, 2013
samnoah:

Following the footsteps of people like you of course... smiley

wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 5:56pm On Sep 21, 2013
valentino81: what of the age range btw 31-35 yrs going for Masters? Any complication? If both Toefl and GMAT has been taken and well passed?

I don't think we need to flog it much. Master's and PhD degrees are advance degrees that one may embark on either immediately after 1st degree or after some years of working. Being 35 and going for master's to me shoudn't be an issue once you satisfy all the conditions required including taking the appropriate exams as you rightly posted. Dunno if there is a contrary view though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 6:17pm On Sep 21, 2013
valentino81: what of the age range btw 31-35 yrs going for Masters? Any complication? If both Toefl and GMAT has been taken and well passed?
Even 35 years old can go for masters program cos is an advance degree.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FIZIK: 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2013
Just one month in the US and I had to use password help to log into my dear Nairaland.

Education is fast-paced and demanding, with loads of homework that makes me wonder if I am not gonna break down.
I understand why people rarely post when classes starts (not because they don't want to).
I am wondering how Imperiouxx et al does it.

My suggestion based on experience:
GTBank mastercard is accepted in most payment platforms.
Rather than having people do FX transfers from Nigeria with attendant transaction costs(fixed and %'s), You can have them pay into your Current/Savings account while you use the money here.
Note that for each ATM withdrawal, GT charges #1,000. so what I do is to take out a money order on my GT ATM at Walmart (60cents) or Wells fargo bank ($3 for 3 leaves) and deposit into my domestic checking account here where I don't incur ATM withdrawal charges.
You can take a maximum $5,000 out of your card in a day but you will be required to provide your passport if it exceeds $3,000 for the day.

Be outspoken,ask for clarifications when you do not understand.
Don't think your accent sucks because there are lots of Indians and Chinese who can barely speak the way you do. ( I have been told many times my English(British accent) is great and sometimes I like the idea of an American asking me ''What did you say?"wink
90% of my class composition are Chinese, 5% Indians and few Americans.
At first I wondered how they follow in class but you will be damned to write them off because they are really smart.
Do not isolate yourself, nobody sees you in that way.

I use a calling card (African King) when i call Nigeria.
45 minutes for $5.
Some of my friends use Keepcalling.com.
Its also cheap and convenient because you can pay online.
Skype(I mean purchasing skype credit and calling the Nigerian GSM) is most convenient if enabled on your mobile and not just on your computer.
For domestic calls, visit a cell phone carrier and get a plan tailored to your individual need.
Limit your international calls, you are here to study.
Be sure of what you subscribe to, bills add up real fast.

Be careful what you sign at the leasing office.
It may put you in bad rating if you don't follow through.
Judging by where we come from, you dont need a sea view or pool.
All apartments have relatively the basic amenities you need.
Off campus apartments are usually cheaper if its on the free bus route or you have a car/bike.

COOK, COOK and COOK.
Not only will stop overs at Mcdonald's and Subway for pizza and sandwitch drain your pocket, you'd be imagining how fast you got obese each time you look in the mirror(there's always a big one in the bathroom).
My groceries come from HEB and Walmart.
Basically Rice,egg, chicken, milk, bread.
Who has an idea of alternatives to Beans and garri which I order from Houston at a cost?
Convenience stores are not as good.
Come with condiments if you can.

Come prepared.
It takes money to settle in here no matter how you try to cut cost.
There are many side attractions, only you know your priority.
Maintain a positive outlook and Lastly NETWORK,
That's what you'd have left after graduation.

God bless Nairaland

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
justwise: [/b]

I'm sorry i have to disappoint you lot this time around.
pls boss guide me can I reschedule my appointment a day to it due to d delay in sevis payment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2013
imperiouxx: JW, check your mail.
pls help me out can I reschedule my appoitment date a date to my interview? My sevis still delay. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2013
FIZIK: Just one month in the US and I had to use password help to log into my dear Nairaland.

Education is fast-paced and demanding, with loads of homework that makes me wonder if I am not gonna break down.
I understand why people rarely post when classes starts (not because they don't want to).

lolz..... It's my love for helping others. Someone even told me my course isn't taxing because all I do is to be in the lab...... I was like what the?!......lolz.

I took 28 credit hours (extra hours from elective that comes with lab sessions) of both 1hr:15mins and 45 mins classes (presentations, assignments, exams) and just 6 credit hours of thesis which I'm suppose to be in the lab for 3 hours/3 days a week but still spend all days of week in the lab (sat and sun included sometimes).

All in all, CGPA still is within the laude ranking wink cheesy

Tuwale to Almighty God!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 8:15pm On Sep 21, 2013
Babs911: pls help me out can I reschedule my appoitment date a date to my interview? My sevis still delay. Thanks

I can't remember how they do the rescheduling thing anymore. I think the day grace is written in the visa application website.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadex56: 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2013
@amefrica, check ur mail cos i sent u a pm. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
FIZIK: Just one month in the US and I had to use password help to log into my dear Nairaland.

Rather than having people do FX transfers from Nigeria with attendant transaction costs(fixed and %'s), You can have them pay into your Current/Savings account while you use the money here.
Note that for each ATM withdrawal, GT charges #1,000. so what I do is to take out a money order on my GT ATM at Walmart (60cents) or Wells fargo bank ($3 for 3 leaves) and deposit into my domestic checking account here where I don't incur ATM withdrawal charges.
You can take a maximum $5,000 out of your card in a day but you will be required to provide your passport if it exceeds $3,000 for the day.

Don't think your accent sucks because there are lots of Indians and Chinese who can barely speak the way you do. ( I have been told many times my English(British accent) is great and sometimes I like the idea of an American asking me ''What did you say?"wink
At first I wondered how they follow in class but you will be damned to write them off because they are really smart.

45 minutes for $5.
Skype(I mean purchasing skype credit and calling the Nigerian GSM) is most convenient if enabled on your mobile and not just on your computer.
For domestic calls, visit a cell phone carrier and get a plan tailored to your individual need.

Off campus apartments are usually cheaper if its on the free bus route or you have a car/bike.

COOK, COOK and COOK.
Not only will stop overs at Mcdonald's and Subway for pizza and sandwitch drain your pocket, you'd be imagining how fast you got obese each time you look in the mirror(there's always a big one in the bathroom).
Who has an idea of alternatives to Beans and garri which I order from Houston at a cost?

Come prepared.

God bless Nairaland

Wait oo,its the $5 for 45 mins that got my attention. shocked Did you mean $5 for 450 mins? If it, then Dem dey rip you off! Me I pay $10 for 200mins and yesterday someone gave me one that's $5 for 250mins. Look for other options abeg!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FIZIK: 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2013
Ms Nas:
Wait oo,its the $5 for 45 mins that got my attention. shocked Did you mean $5 for 450 mins? If it, then Dem dey rip you off! Me I pay $10 for 200mins and yesterday someone gave me one that's $5 for 250mins. Look for other options abeg!!!

Can you drop the name please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2013
imperiouxx:

lolz..... It's my love for helping others. Someone even told me my course isn't taxing because all I do is to be in the lab...... I was like what the?!......lolz.

I took 28 credit hours (extra hours from elective that comes with lab sessions) of both 1hr:15mins and 45 mins classes (presentations, assignments, exams) and just 6 credit hours of thesis which I'm suppose to be in the lab for 3 hours/3 days a week but still spend all days of week in the lab (sat and sun included sometimes).

All in all, CGPA still is within the laude ranking wink

Tuwale to Almighty God!

1st Bold: Your labour of love will never go unrewarded bro.
2nd Bold: It's not of he that runneth but of the Lord that showeth mercy...

Gal 6: 9: And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2013

45 minutes for $5.

COOK, COOK and COOK.

Come prepared.

God bless Nairaland

That's my man, Chuks talking. Always on point. Thank you for dropping by to share this very useful piece of information. Daalu.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
godG:

1st Bold: Your labour of love will never go unrewarded bro.
2nd Bold: It's not of he that runneth but of the Lord that showeth mercy...

Gal 6: 9: And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Thank you sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FIZIK: 10:23pm On Sep 21, 2013
Well done sir,
You shall not meet desolation in points of need.

imperiouxx:

All in all, CGPA still is within the laude ranking wink cheesy

Tuwale to Almighty God!

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (401)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Italian Student Visa-help!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.