Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,726 members, 7,847,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 11:32 AM

My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? (16334 Views)

I Saw This On My Wife's Phone.....should I Be Worried? / How Do You Feel When Your Husband Spends Most Of His Time Glued To His Phone? / She Confess To Her Husband, Now........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Iyandasdiary(m): 1:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
Dear Readers: My husband now locks his phone, should I go ahead and lock mine?

My husband comes back from work one Wednesday evening, and while he went to freshen up, I honestly just wanted to look up a contact on his phone, alas; it had been locked with a password!

When he got out, I asked him why he locked his phone, and he gave me a flimsy excuse which I was certain was a lie. On trying to get him to unlock it, he just asked why I was checking his phone and that I was beginning to suspect him, which I told him to his face, that indeed I was.

I told him if he didn’t take the password off his phone that I was going to lock mine too, and the next thing was “if you try it, you are inviting holocaust on yourself”.

He says he is not hiding anything, then why would he not allow me lock my phone? *since I won’t be hiding anything*

Should I go ahead and lock my phone too?

SOURCE :www.iyandasdiary.com

1 Like

Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Akshow: 1:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
Why wont he lock it when you are always snooping around his inbox. Learn to trust your man. Let his phone be!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Agrika: 1:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
Lock yours too, his reaction will tell u y he locked his phone in the first place

1 Like

Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Scofieldella(f): 1:42pm On Mar 19, 2013
B4 nko? Lock am. Two can play da game.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Thompson777: 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2013
my advice, just handle with care
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
I will advice that you dont lock your phone. Remember he is your husband and maybe hes also your elder by age.
Let no body make you believe you are equal with your husband.
Just overlook his phone locking and concentrate on making your family a paradise. One day he will tell you why he locked the phone. And for your info, if you truely want to be happy with your husband pls, leave his phone.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Dlemah: 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
Veryfunny,just imagne d reply he gave u cz u said u were gona lock urs too,..babe,any man who locks his fone away from is wife has said it all instead of lettin it out in words..lockin his fone al of a sudden means, he nds his privacy despite d fact dt u guys bear d same surname..he needs his life back witout u. Dis is an avenue distrust in ur marriage..babe,thers no doubt,he's hiding a lot from u..and dts like a slap on urface regrdless of d fact dt u are his wife..I wonda y marid men choose to do thngs dt they can neva take frm ther wives..since he wudnt unlock d fone,then I wud advice u lock urs and let him feel dt pain of distrust..wen d load bcomes unbearable for him,he wud relent his actions...don't let him overpower u wt his actions cz if u let him,u wud feel hurt and unhappy at al times,ur temperaments wud bgin 2 work on u,so in order to avoid such,lock ur fone and feel hapy n justified for ur actions..if anyone tells u he is hidin noting,girl dts a big fat lie...dts d beginin of unfaithfulnez on his part and disrepect for u and God help u,he has given u a sign..

Talkin frm experience.....

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by RollingFella(m): 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2013
Iyandasdiary: Dear Readers: My husband now locks his phone, should I go ahead and lock mine?

My husband comes back from work one Wednesday evening, and while he went to freshen up, I honestly just wanted to look up a contact on his phone, alas; it had been locked with a password!

When he got out, I asked him why he locked his phone, and he gave me a flimsy excuse which I was certain was a lie. On trying to get him to unlock it, he just asked why I was checking his phone and that I was beginning to suspect him, which I told him to his face, that indeed I was.

I told him if he didn’t take the password off his phone that I was going to lock mine too, and the next thing was “if you try it, you are inviting holocaust on yourself”.

He says he is not hiding anything, then why would he not allow me lock my phone? *since I won’t be hiding anything*

@OP, does it change anything in you and in your marriage if you decided to lock your phone as a retaliatory measure? I would advice you ignore it and pretend as if its not a big deal to you. With time, he may open up to you on why he locked his phone. focus more on your marriage and try and be the best wife you can to him.
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by JoannaSedley(f): 9:53pm On Mar 20, 2013
Maybe he downloaded some nasty por.n.
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by djeezy(m): 6:54am On Mar 21, 2013
Smh. Issues of trust and insecurity.
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by toofine765: 7:32am On Mar 21, 2013
I see no reason why you should also go ahead and lock your phone. It's childish and will only end up destroying your home. Life is not always tit for tat most especially when it has to do with a life partner.leave your phone open, let him go through it as he so wishes with time his concience will lead him to unlock his.A wise woman builds her home, but I think both of you need to work on your trust level.
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
A man that has locked his phone without good reason surely can't be that shameless to start going through his wife's phone right? RIGHT?!

Lol @ all these meek wives sha. I'm sorry but that is logic defying and will certainly not fly with me. If you lock your phone you best keep to your lane and not be caught trying to touch mine.

Now how to address the locked phone issue is another matter....

1 Like

Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
A home that will destroyed,will be destroyed.Sometimes,there will never be peace until a war is fought.I agree with Ileobatojo.There is no doubt that your hubby is into monkey business,find out what,so what you don't know won't consume you.Ignorance is no more bliss.
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
So because he locked his phone, you wanna lock yours? that's stupidity at the highest order. If you got nothing to hide why lock it? some people sef na wa!
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
Both of you lock your phones

Everyone has a right to their privacy

I would never be snooping on my partners phone

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by victorian(f): 11:00pm On Mar 21, 2013
Op, for peace of ,mind...Remove,,,, for the love of Christ, Please Remove those eyes from your husband's phone... sad..

A word is enough for the wise... I don't even bother myself with my hussy's phone, likewise himself too.. If I nid any number , I will ask him...he either says it out, or scroll up the umber and give me to copy to my phone..then give back his phone... No use snooping o... smiley

1 Like

Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Thompson777: 10:54am On Mar 26, 2013
Come on, stop being childish and let peace reign in your home.
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Creamish(f): 11:04am On Mar 26, 2013
Iyandasdiary: Dear Readers: My husband now locks his phone, should I go ahead and lock mine?

Weigh your options. . . . Holocaust or Peace. U make d choice. wink
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by albacete(m): 9:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
iyandasdiary (m): ur "husband", abi?

Did this happen to u or u are just narrating what happened to someone else? Am confused
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Mystery11(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
Dlemah: Veryfunny,just imagne d reply he gave u cz u said u were gona lock urs too,..babe,any man who locks his fone away from is wife has said it all instead of lettin it out in words..lockin his fone al of a sudden means, he nds his privacy despite d fact dt u guys bear d same surname..he needs his life back witout u. Dis is an avenue distrust in ur marriage..babe,thers no doubt,he's hiding a lot from u..and dts like a slap on urface regrdless of d fact dt u are his wife..I wonda y marid men choose to do thngs dt they can neva take frm ther wives..[b]since he wudnt unlock d fone,then I wud advice u lock urs and let him feel dt pain of distrust..wen d load bcomes unbearable for him,he wud relent his actions...[/b]don't let him overpower u wt his actions cz if u let him,u wud feel hurt and unhappy at al times,ur temperaments wud bgin 2 work on u,so in order to avoid such,lock ur fone and feel hapy n justified for ur actions..if anyone tells u he is hidin noting,girl dts a big fat lie...dts d beginin of unfaithfulnez on his part and disrepect for u and God help u,he has given u a sign..

Well stated.Dont be deceived.He has a skeleton in his cupboard.

Nevertheless, I beg to differ on the bolded.Most men dont like being challenged.
Dont lock your fone ,it will not solve the issue. Two wrongs can never make a right but communication does.

Let him understand that you feel offended by the restriction from his fone.Approach it gently , I believe a more positive result than challenging him.

Take these words.
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Mystery11(m): 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
Joanna Sedley: Maybe he downloaded some nasty por.n.

My thought too or some suspicious texts. cool cool
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by DonTonero: 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
Dlemah: Veryfunny,just imagne d reply he gave u cz u said u were gona lock urs too,..babe,any man who locks his fone away from is wife has said it all instead of lettin it out in words..lockin his fone al of a sudden means, he nds his privacy despite d fact dt u guys bear d same surname..he needs his life back witout u. Dis is an avenue distrust in ur marriage..babe,thers no doubt,he's hiding a lot from u..and dts like a slap on urface regrdless of d fact dt u are his wife..I wonda y marid men choose to do thngs dt they can neva take frm ther wives..since he wudnt unlock d fone,then I wud advice u lock urs and let him feel dt pain of distrust..wen d load bcomes unbearable for him,he wud relent his actions...don't let him overpower u wt his actions cz if u let him,u wud feel hurt and unhappy at al times,ur temperaments wud bgin 2 work on u,so in order to avoid such,lock ur fone and feel hapy n justified for ur actions..if anyone tells u he is hidin noting,girl dts a big fat lie...dts d beginin of unfaithfulnez on his part and disrepect for u and God help u,he has given u a sign..

please do not follow the advice above its wrong.remember he is your hussy and please dont invite holoccust to your marriage like he has said let it lie.he will open up oneday no matter what he is hiding.let nobody deceive you
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by sexymoma(f): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
Is just as if telling us ''My Hubby is fornicating, should i also fornicate?'' how does that sound?
I didn't even take ma time to read your topic, The Sub-topic is enough for me.
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by mgbeketoto: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2013
Much ado about nothing.
I wonder why MOST people feel marriage should be a PRISON!
Na wetin consain me with my husband's phone SSSSSSSSSSHINEKE? grin
I ain't that jobless!
MY PHONES ARE BOTH LOCKED! cool
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 11, 2013
Why make a big deal over nothing? The only way you found out your husband's phone was locked, was because you were snooping! You weren't looking for a contact, else you'd simply have asked him for it.

I don't understand this obssession with phones, and why husbands and wives equate them to "cheating devices." Way before the advent of mobile phones and the internet, husbands and wives cheated. Even back in the days of "By Airmail Par Avion", cheating took place. Even during the era of foot messengers, cheating occured. So what happened then? You chop off the messenger's feet, so he couldn't deliver a message? Or you rode on a bicycle to follow your spouse, to see whom they were meeting?

A cheat will always be a cheat, regardless of whether their phones are locked or not, or even if they don't own phones. I would suggest you simply trust your spouse, or kill yourself with stress.
Re: My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? by Bawss1(m): 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
sexymoma: Is just as if telling us ''My Hubby is fornicating, should i also fornicate?'' how does that sound?
I didn't even take ma time to read your topic, The Sub-topic is enough for me.

Warped logic. How does locking one's phone directly imply wrong doing? Let all who want to lock their phones do so without fear. Even though I suspect that the husband in this story is a dunderhead based on his reply it doesn't take away the fact that everyone is entitled to privacy, whether married or not.

Matter of fact I think all men should lock their phones, don't be like the fabled Bluebeard who gave out all his secrets in the name of love.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Operation No To Househelps 2014 / Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! / Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.