Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,152 members, 7,916,377 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:05 PM

Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River (20849 Views)

Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW / Navy Arrests Boat With 400 Truckload Of Stolen Crude Oil / Apc Rally Today At Oron,akwa Ibom Was Hmmmmmmm(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by EzeUche(m): 3:25am On Mar 20, 2013
Bluetooth and his fellow bigots are truly sick.

It seems like they enjoy hearing news of Igbo deaths.

What kind of sick person enjoys the suffering of others? I can tell you. That person should be called a sociopath.

5 Likes

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by OneNaira6: 3:28am On Mar 20, 2013
WTF Is Wrong With Some Of The Yoruba's On This Forum. The Only Set I see being tribalistic Even When The Dead Is Concerned. I Thought The Whole Mocking The Dead Thing Stays In The Awolowo, Ojukwu Thing But It Seems Some Illiterates Does It No Matter Who. Tufiakwa. May God Have Mercy On Una Soul Cause Mark My Words When You People Die,Una Are Going To Hell. The Dead You Mock Will Be The Ones That Will Either Drag Una Down Or Request You're Sent There. It's One Thing To Be Tribalistic To The Living, It's Another Thing To Be Tribalistic To The Dead That Had No Impact On You Be It Negative Or Positive. Tufiakwa. Bunch Of Old Men That Don't Even Realize Their Are Some Situation You Act Your Age Or At Least Act Like You Have Half A Sense SMH. May God Have Mercy On Una Soul.

Anyway May The Soul Of The Departed R.I.P. May This Be A Lesson To some. lives over profits. lives over being cheap. I hope some learn from this tragedy

5 Likes

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by cfours: 4:26am On Mar 20, 2013
na wa o. may their souls RIP
but seriously, why should 166 people board a wooden boat to travel internationally on the Atlantic Ocean.
cheap isn't always good. esp. when you are risking your life to travel to a place like Gabon
may God protect us.

One_Naira: WTF Is Wrong With Some Of The Yoruba's On This Forum. The Only Set I see being tribalistic Even When The Dead Is Concerned. I Thought The Whole Mocking The Dead Thing Stays In The Awolowo, Ojukwu Thing But It Seems Some Illiterates Does It No Matter Who. Tufiakwa. May God Have Mercy On Una Soul Cause Mark My Words When You People Die,Una Are Going To Hell. The Dead You Mock Will Be The Ones That Will Either Drag Una Down Or Request You're Sent There. It's One Thing To Be Tribalistic To The Living, It's Another Thing To Be Tribalistic To The Dead That Had No Impact On You Be It Negative Or Positive. Tufiakwa. Bunch Of Old Men That Don't Even Realize Their Are Some Situation You Act Your Age Or At Least Act Like You Have Half A Sense SMH. May God Have Mercy On Una Soul.

Anyway May The Soul Of The Departed R.I.P. May This Be A Lesson To some. lives over profits. lives over being cheap. I hope some learn from this tragedy

I think yours is the most tribalistic post on this thread so far.
You didn't see all the comments filled with pity. it's only the very very few aberrant ones that you were obviously scanning for. Your own motive here is very sinister. Thank God there is no way to connect this accident to yorubas. otherwise, all of you members of biafra cabal (including ezeuche) will be having a field day as you usually do all over the forum accusing everyone of anti-ibo oppression or whatever it is you have made yourselves self-assigned victims of. umpphh
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by OneNaira6: 4:37am On Mar 20, 2013
c.fours:
na wa o. may their souls RIP
but seriously, why should 166 people board a wooden boat to travel internationally on the Atlantic Ocean.
cheap isn't always good. esp. when you are risking your life to travel to a place like Gabon
may God prtect us.

Ithink yours is the most tribalistic post on this thread so far.
You didn't see alllifeife the comments filled with pity. it's only the very very few aberrant ones that you were scanning for. Your own motive here is very sinister. Thank God there is no way to connect this accident to yorubas. otherwise, all of you members of biafra cabal (including ezeuche) will be having a field day as you usually do all over the forum accusing everyone of anti-ibo oppression or whatever it is you have made yourselves self-assigned victims of. umpphh

see trabilism in full display shouting "tribalistic". if not for your 1diotic mind and innate tribalism looking for the word Yoruba, so you can use it to say some sh1t about Igbo, your mind and eye would have seen the word "SOME" that was written there clear as day. what does the word "some" implies? since when is some means all. one of the most tribalistic member on this forum, pointing a post addressed to some shouting tribalistic to all while at the same time displaying tribalism in his so called rebuttal. smh and i thought I've seen it all on this forum. stupidity and tribalism in full display. SMH. tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by cfours: 5:02am On Mar 20, 2013
^
I rest my case. what a shame.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by OneNaira6: 5:32am On Mar 20, 2013
^^I'm glad you see you have no case. equally glad you see the shame you've displayed and brought upon yourself. Thank God i didn't have to spoon feed it.

1 Like

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by cfours: 5:37am On Mar 20, 2013
One_Naira: I'm having a severe diarrhea of the mouth

fixed.

1 Like

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Multcolor: 6:19am On Mar 20, 2013
The anger of God is really upon this country let all repent and seek the face of God ,he will surely have mercy on us .may God hear us as we turn to him in prayer Amen
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by xcuggsm(m): 6:39am On Mar 20, 2013
Whatever happened to the almighty NIGERIAN NAVY?
If this sea accident in Oron had happened in the US, the US COAST GUARD would have done something in the area of search and rescue to save lives. But not in Nigeria!
I recall that during OBJ's rule a bill was forwarded to the National Assembly for the establishment of the NIGERIAN COAST GUARD but the Navy authorities lobbied and kicked against it citing "duplication of function" as a reason.
But where are the Nigerian Navy sea patrol now that their services are needed to save lives?
NO WHERE!!
But in their bases wearing uniforms and doing nothing. And in the occasions when they venture to sea on patrol, its only to 'chase oil' and count their money. While SEA PIRATES have taken over Nigeria territorial waters and lives are lost in sea accidents like the one in Oron!
We may need the NIGERIAN COAST GUARD afterall!!
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by dival247(m): 6:48am On Mar 20, 2013
[b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=8pt][/size] which way nigeria , which way to go ,i love my father land , but need to leave ,
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by okerelawrence(m): 6:49am On Mar 20, 2013
people r taken their life 4 grantd.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by dapachez: 7:12am On Mar 20, 2013
Are you even human? What is the meaning of this reply you just posted? Can't you guys for once be sober?
mike404: Aren't you gonna blame gej for this... EKO ILE, DAYOKANU, IDOWU (OBO), BEREM, AIGBOFA where una dey
undecided
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 20, 2013
Deadly venture.... Safety compromised.

RIP to the dead men, women and children.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Idboyunique(m): 7:23am On Mar 20, 2013
[color=#990000][/color][quote author=otokx]And as usual its my brothers from the east that are worse hit. Dats bkos una too de lyk cheap tins..chai! Ndi igbo self.. RIP shaa..
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by eaglechild: 7:33am On Mar 20, 2013
Must every single bloody thing be tribalised?
There is a line between funny and outright madness,some comments here sound genocidal.
So many yoruba sociopaths are running amock on this forum.
I dont know why the word Igbo is so yoromagnetic. If the majority were Efik traders no Yoruba would have bothered commenting.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by peteronyii: 7:41am On Mar 20, 2013
RIP TO THE VICTIMS.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Afritop(m): 7:49am On Mar 20, 2013
IT IS HIGH TIME FOR NIGERIA TO INVEST IN SEA TRANSPORTATION GIVEN THE HUGE REVENUE IN OIL AND THE AMOUNT OF LOOTED FUNDS RECOVERED FROM CORRUPT GOVT OFFICIALS
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by hydrocarbon(m): 7:58am On Mar 20, 2013
A boat left on friday from the remote town of oron in cross river state,just look @ ,is oron in cross river state ? Na so una go dey confuse nairalander...rubish
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Kajiang02(m): 8:06am On Mar 20, 2013
Mods, make researches on places and location before confusing everyone. Oron is in Akwa ibom state. At least get a goople map.

#RIP to the dead
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by shyvicky: 8:07am On Mar 20, 2013
pls is oron in cross river? Or akwa ibom state,who is this poster?tomorrow u will tell us that river niger is in river state
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 20, 2013
only BABA GOD can see us tru, kano death + calabar boat drowning = national tragedy. WE CALL UPON U ,ALMIGHTY,MOST GLORIOUS,MOST COMPASSIONATE ,DO COME TO OUR RESCUE ,SO DT NIGERIANS WILL SURVIVE THIS IMMINENT CALAMITY AND NATIONAL TRAGEDY.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by hydrocarbon(m): 8:12am On Mar 20, 2013
A boat left on friday from the remote town of oron in cross river state..just look at,is oron in cross river state ? Arrant nonsense,that's how u guys wil be confusing nairalanders..rubish
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by nicago: 8:19am On Mar 20, 2013
otokx: And as usual its my brothers from the east that are worse hit.

Guy are you blaming anybody? Read the passage well then you can comment meaningfully.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by detopshot(m): 8:47am On Mar 20, 2013
Oron is an L. G. A in Akwa Ibom State
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Image123(m): 8:47am On Mar 20, 2013
shyvicky: pls is oron in cross river? Or akwa ibom state,who is this poster?tomorrow u will tell us that river niger is in river state
^
It's not the moderator or the op's fault. It's the fault of the three writers from Reuters who refused to do their homework since anything goes in Nigeria and Africa.
it's not a big deal anyway, nigerians themselves make such mistakes, like calling everybody from the north Hausa or malla, even Yorubas still call ekiti indigenes ondo, some call calabar people Ibo instead of efik. So no biggie if Reuters does so, focus on the issue at hand.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by victorD3: 9:09am On Mar 20, 2013
Nothing will be done because it wasn't a flight filled with looters
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Ogegod87: 9:16am On Mar 20, 2013
groovie: Ahhhhhhh!! WTF happened to life jackets?
RIP

exactly my tots. dere is something called a life saver. wateva happened 2 it dat trip was a miscalculated risk witout life jackets. RIP.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by hardbody: 9:16am On Mar 20, 2013
otokx: And as usual its my brothers from the east that are worse hit.

When we are always cutting corners. Is the wooden boat the only means of travelling? Is there no airport in Gabon? To think that those guys that went to their early graves will be carrying huge sums of money, we are told they are traders, and from experience my brothers trade with huge sums. Very recently, i was trying to buy some fittings from Aba and i requested to send the requested amount to the bank account of the seller, the ediet refused and insisted i must come down to Aba and pay him cash. I did not even want to take delivery until he had received proof of payment, but the guy was so adamant that i could not fathom his idiocy. I had to eventually arrange for him to be paid cash.

For the bereaved, may God grant them the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Sweetlemon(f): 9:20am On Mar 20, 2013
Oron is a town in Akwa-Ibom State not Calabar which is in Cross River.

RIP to the them. How sad!
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Artistree: 9:21am On Mar 20, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Ibos need to ask God forgiveness cuz these deaths are just getting too much.

May their souls rest in peace.
You can dey talk like m umu!!!
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by spartanian(m): 9:23am On Mar 20, 2013
When did Oron become part of Cross River State?
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by dvee2: 9:24am On Mar 20, 2013
Afritop: IT IS HIGH TIME FOR NIGERIA TO INVEST IN SEA TRANSPORTATION GIVEN THE HUGE REVENUE IN OIL AND THE AMOUNT OF LOOTED FUNDS RECOVERED FROM CORRUPT GOVT OFFICIALS

Excellent observation. This is what you expect our generation to discuss and expose rather they are involved in ethnic bashing. Most of south-south areas are not accessible except by water transportation. How does our government improve these water ways transportation instead of paying for celebrities wedding? how do they provide safer are reliable boats as a means of transportation instead of flying chopper themselves when travelling to such locations?
Tomorrow same south-south citizens will cry marginalisation when they cannot even hold their son accountable to develop their area now that he holds power. they are not interested in how the government develops their area as long as "he is our son" in power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akpabio Condemns The Killing Of Eunice Olawale In Abuja / Vp Yemi Osinbajo and Dolapo Osinbajo Celebrates 29years wedding Anniversary / Dino Melaye's Abuja Home Under Siege By The Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.