Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,484 members, 7,888,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:57 AM

100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos (1718 Views)

Troops Raid Boko Haram Hideouts In Borno (photos) / Soldiers Storm Magistrate Court, Beat Up Officials And Free Suspects / Chad Carries Out Airstrikes On Boko Haram Hideouts In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by Abbeyme: 1:08am On Mar 22, 2013
Fear gripped many residents of Lagos on Thursday when news filtered in that troops numbering about 100 stormed terror suspects’ hideouts in Ijora, a densely populated part of the city.

The soldiers, who were assisted by men of the State Security Service, were believed to have acted on a tip-off. They were said to have arrived in the area around 7am in search of the suspects said to be members of an Islamic fundamentalist sect, Boko Haram.

It was learnt that their search yielded fruits when two persons were arrested at 24 Aromire Street and three others at a location in an adjacent street.

The soldiers then ransacked the building at Aromire Street where one of the arrested persons, Ibrahim Musa, occupies five rooms. A bomb kept in a cooler and hidden inside the ceiling of one of the rooms in Musa’s apartment was recovered by the soldiers.

Musa, who a security source described as an illegal alien from Chad, was said to be leader of the suspects.

Other items found were AK-47 rifles, cartridges and daggers.

The security source, who craved anonymity, added the raid was as a result of an investigation which began a month ago.

He said, “Security agents got information a month ago that there was a terrorist hideout in the Seven-Up area of Ijora. Although we were not sure if they were Boko Haram members or not, we did not want to take any chances so we decided to go and raid the place.

“It was discovered that the place was being run by a Chadian and arms were recovered during the raid, including AK-47 riffles. Investigations are ongoing and those who are found not culpable will be released.”

Musa’s neighbour, who craved anonymity, told one of our correspondents that they did not suspect he was a member of Boko Haram.

He said the suspect moved into the house less than three months ago.

“Musa rented his apartment about three months ago. However, since he moved in with his wife, who recently had a baby and a brother, none of them had any known form of livelihood. Musa and his brother, particularly were always going about with their laptops and expensive phones.

“Though he (Musa) was not working, he was usually the first to pay for anything in the house. It was when the soldiers came that we got to know what they truly are. It was in the course of beating him (Musa) that he told the soldiers where he hid the bomb and guns.”

Another resident of the area, who identified himself simply as Olu, said that when the suspects were being taken away by the soldiers “we did not know they were living here.”

“When soldiers were taking them away, we wondered if they were living in the neighbourhood. It was my neighbour, who told me he had seen Musa once or twice,” he said.

Olu said when the soldiers were going, they told them to be vigilant in the area, saying Boko Haram members had infiltrated the area, particularly the Hausa settlement.

When one of our correspondents met the Ojora of Ijora , Oba Fatai Adeyinka, he said he was shocked that Boko Haram members had infiltrated the area.

The spokesman for the Army 81 Division, Colonel Kingsley Umoh, confirmed the raid but said the army had been carrying out constant raids across the state in response to the rising level of insecurity in the country.

Umoh said over 36 people had been arrested recently. He however said he had yet to receive the details of Thursday’s operation.

He said, “The Nigerian Army is carrying out a proactive approach. We are raiding every nook and cranny of the state in order to rid it of criminal elements. We are not ignorant of the insecurity in the country so we are carrying out preventive measures and we want to make sure that Lagos is safe for all its inhabitants.

“The raids have been in collaboration with sister agencies like the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, the SSS, the police and others. It is the OP MESA of the army that is at the forefront of the raids and we have recorded many successes of late as we have also arrested some soldiers who were found wanting.

“I will not be able to brief you fully about Thursday’s raid.”

Lagos State Director, SSS, Achu Olayi, also confirmed the raid but said that it was too soon for him to say if the suspects were Boko Haram members or not.

The raid on Thursday on the predominantly Hausa settlement came a month after the SSS uncovered a terror network coordinated by Iranians in Lagos.

The SSS had said while parading a leader of an Islamic sect, Abdullahi Berende, and two others that they believed that the operators of the Iranian terror cell were gathering information about Israelis and Americans living in Nigeria.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/100-soldiers-storm-terror-suspects-hideouts-in-lagos/

Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by Abbeyme: 1:10am On Mar 22, 2013
Someone tell me, where is safe in Nigeria?
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by achi4u(m): 1:25am On Mar 22, 2013
So,afterall no place is safe anymore in this country,kudos to the nigerian army and their collaborators but they need to search more on those aboki shanttys.

Alot of bomb in there...
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by achi4u(m): 1:29am On Mar 22, 2013
Abbeyme: Someone tell me, where is safe in Nigeria?
every corner of this country is save depending how you see it.

Have I answered ur question?
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by Bobandgreat: 1:30am On Mar 22, 2013
This raid was successful because of a tip off. Let's not hide them. Sympathising with them will only cause u more harm than good. Continue to tip off and soon everywhere will be safe.
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by redsun(m): 2:00am On Mar 22, 2013
Commendable security network. And it is only by consolidated intelligence,accountability and dedication on the side of concerned citizens that ills like boko haram can be weeded out.

Anything short of these will be a wild geese Chase like you have in the north.
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by Patuwa: 4:02am On Mar 22, 2013
Any where U see Hausa people, abeg, make una run o or make una pursue all of them fast fast.
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by MajorJ(m): 4:11am On Mar 22, 2013
THis is why boko boiz can't mess with lagos, the miltary presence coupled with opc, will flush them out in a matter of seconds

EKO o ni baje oo
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by pomporiking: 4:39am On Mar 22, 2013
BH don enta lagos!!!make I dey prepare to buy gun
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by mumumugu(m): 5:53am On Mar 22, 2013
I trust my soldiers more than policemen
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by Burger01(m): 6:00am On Mar 22, 2013
Those Ba.stards don dey enter Lagos abi?
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by PrettyRita(f): 6:06am On Mar 22, 2013
The military and the SSS deserves commendation. Weldone boys
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by teskyg: 6:12am On Mar 22, 2013
I think all Aboki entering Lagos should now hencefort be screen.All Aboki with no know source of livelihOod be send out of Lagos.

We also need to focus on Yoruba musliim fundamentalist.Report all suspecious person to OP Mesa.Let's make Lagos hot for them.We are not Northerners who sit back and allow BH destroy them.
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by okosodo: 6:23am On Mar 22, 2013
Anywhere there is a muslim........ Pls complete the sentence
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by gunuvi(m): 6:45am On Mar 22, 2013
I better increase my aboki salary before he go go join those bastards o. Kabiru where u dey? Come oo.
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by ecosanders: 6:58am On Mar 22, 2013
gunuvi: I better increase my aboki salary before he go go join those bastards o. Kabiru where u dey? Come oo.
But y r u ppl being so sarcastic? D Man is frm Chad, hw does dat translate 2 Hausa, d oda ones arrestd working as Spies, r dey Hausa too?.
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by OurYansh: 7:02am On Mar 22, 2013
Kudos Fashola!!

That's how you send a dog to the underworld!!!

The army and the SSS also did a great job also..

Mr. ScumBag Ebele Abdul-Retardeen I hope you're learning from your Oga at the top..

cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by 222Martins(m): 7:03am On Mar 22, 2013
Okay.....
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by thirty(m): 7:04am On Mar 22, 2013
teskyg: I think all Aboki entering Lagos should now hencefort be screen.All Aboki with no know source of livelihOod be send out of Lagos.

We also need to focus on Yoruba musliim fundamentalist.Report all suspecious person to OP Mesa.Let's make Lagos hot for them.We are not Northerners who sit back and allow BH destroy them.
That is not enough, send all yoruba out of Lagos so that ibo people can take over. That is why hausa will always kill you in dozens. You 'tribe without limit'. Eka ile won kii ta won'.
If you said Okoroch and Okpabio are performing while dont you go and enjoy the transformatoin. Mshmmmmm.
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by gunuvi(m): 7:09am On Mar 22, 2013
ecosanders: But y r u ppl being so sarcastic? D Man is frm Chad, hw does dat translate 2 Hausa, d oda ones arrestd working as Spies, r dey Hausa too?.
My brother you amaze me o. So you can differentiate an hausa from a chadian or a nigerien?? It seems ill need your help to help determine my aboki for house.
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 22, 2013
We need a database of all individual persons in the country... lipsrsealed chad! Niger! Mali!.seriously?
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 22, 2013
ecosanders: But y r u ppl being so sarcastic? D Man is frm Chad, hw does dat translate 2 Hausa, d oda ones arrestd working as Spies, r dey Hausa too?.
. See ur way nah , sarcastic ko sarcaromoto ni, if not Hausa/fulani, who Chad person go find come Nija? Abeg push ur truck well joor. Army spoaksman don talk am say mek we open eye anytime Malam come where we dey stay including Malam El-rufia. Aboki na Aboki according Nigerian Army. If to say d bomb kill ppl nko u for dey yarn dis?
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by bubadaniel13: 7:16am On Mar 22, 2013
Now that information was given to the security agencieswe have seen them in action,I believe that we furnish then will information we will see great results.Well done boys.
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by ba7man(m): 7:16am On Mar 22, 2013
The northerners are sympathetic to their cause....we in south are not. If any funny look northerner is found out to be a member in my hood, I'll happily be a sponsor in his lynching by giving the mob money for petrol. I'd like to see how they'll escape on motorbikes and keke-napeps. If a bomb-blast goes....All hausas in the "dustbin villages" and their other settlements are in trouble for it happening under their noses. Nonsense.
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by gunuvi(m): 7:22am On Mar 22, 2013
chiover: . See ur way nah , sarcastic ko sarcaromoto ni, if not Hausa/fulani, who Chad person go find come Nija? Abeg push ur truck well joor. Army spoaksman don talk am say mek we open eye anytime Malam come where we dey stay including Malam El-rufia. Aboki na Aboki according Nigerian Army. If to say d bomb kill ppl nko u for dey yarn dis?
Help me tell am jare. Aboki na aboki
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by INIEDO2: 7:23am On Mar 22, 2013
Aboki is aboki anywhere in the world. Even there is muslim yaroba abokis. Infact all muslims icluding their yaroba cousins should be on the watchlist. Thump up GEJ for swift action, Yorubas would have been crying now with their massive mouths as usual. Some of them will even claim as usual that it didn't kill any Yoruba. What a bunch of cowards
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by ba7man(m): 7:31am On Mar 22, 2013
INI.EDO:
Aboki is aboki anywhere in the world. Even there is muslim yaroba abokis. Infact all muslims icluding their yaroba cousins should be on the watchlist. Thump up GEJ for swift action, Yorubas would have been crying now with their massive mouths as usual. Some of them will even claim as usual that it didn't kill any Yoruba. What a bunch of cowards
Pls shut-up and don't derail the thread with your stoopidity. A man naming himself after a ........., shows how daft you are.
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by ba7man(m): 7:38am On Mar 22, 2013
Lord, I pray that N400 B.I.S plan and "London used" Blackberry phones in the hands of Eediots like the one above won't be the cause of another Civil-War in this Country.....Amen.
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 22, 2013
the diference b2n d north and west when t comes to bokoharam is dat north will shelter and protect BH among them while west including d muslims n d west will shout and expose BH if they see one! BH will always b given to d security in the west, there is nowhere to hide n d west thet beta maintain and stay n dat there north!
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by gratiaeo(m): 7:47am On Mar 22, 2013
Could that be the reason why Tinubu is begging for Amnesty to fellow boko boyz...... There is fire on the mountain oo
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by ecosanders: 7:47am On Mar 22, 2013
gunuvi:
My brother you amaze me o. So you can differentiate an hausa from a chadian or a nigerien?? It seems ill need your help to help determine my aboki for house.
so u cnt diff btw a Nig and a Foreigner? Smh
Re: 100 Soldiers Storm Terror Suspects’ Hideouts In Lagos by ba7man(m): 7:55am On Mar 22, 2013
ecosanders: so u cnt diff btw a Nig and a Foreigner? Smh
Funny enough, I think he's right. Niger citizens pass off as Northerners regularly and we normally fall for it. Most of those bike riders sent packing from Lagos and cart pushers weren't even Nigerians. Hey, Abacha wasn't even a Nigerian from what i heard.

(1) (2)

Photo: Meet 11-year-old Boy Whose Dream Is To Kill The President Of His Country / Anyone Seen The Massive Hotel Build By Mrs.patience GEJ In Bayelsa / Did This Nigerian Find A Cure For Ebola Since 1999? What Happened Thereafter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.