Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,904 members, 7,906,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:15 AM

GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley (34457 Views)

Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime / President Goodluck Jonathanshould Be Impeached - Joel Brinkley Of The LA Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Aifey(m): 6:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
We all kn d problem. Its pdp. They hav raped this country a lot n again d average Nigerian enjoys sufferin n smilin. They will rush 2tell christians 2fast n pray 4d nation when d only loot. Did china, south africa, brasil, indian etc fasted or prayed 4thier economy? Wht about asians tht worship idoles fast n pray. Japan, taiwan, hongkong, malaysia, indonesia etc.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ewet: 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2013
israel007: Let me ask: did this corrupt practice start with GEJ? All the progressive promising change, as far as memories go, corruption has been eating Nigeria, has there ever been a day they come out to ask for a change and then be noble enough to. 'Make an attempt at stepping down so they are not part of the corruption? Nooo. They stayed in the system, enjoyed, spent their time, replaced. That seat with their candidates and once they fall our they come out with a front of saying we need to change somethings for the better. Betterment of who?

Exaggerated lies with truth to make everything look real!

Only one third has access to toilet?
You are obviously suffering from neural pneumonia.you are already attesting to the fact tht your Clueless GEJ is truly useless and has no idea on how to change this country for gud how can you come out to say this.what was GEJ elected to do.he promised to transform and not conform with the status quo,he promised fresh air and not for us to continue to breath the polluted air of corruption and under devt.
If he cannot do the job then he shuld get the hell out and give way to those who can and who will get the job done.I tell you Nigerians are trully getting impatient with the slowpoke.

8 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 25, 2013
ndu_chucks: The LA times reporter simply confirms what we already know - GEJ is a failure and unfit to rule Nigeria.

How can any sane human being defend the above? The sad thing is that we have 'educated' people, even here on NL, who will do just that.

With 17 Ambulances in front of GEJ's office (what for, sebi Yar'Adua is no longer with us), uncontrolled terrorism, Alam's pardon, corruption at epidemic levels, Billion naira food and entertainment bill, multi billion naira for the first lady's pet project, summary killings of our people without trial, e.t.c. e.t.c, one can only conclude that GEJ is a curse to the nation.

2015 cannot arrive soon enough.
240 MILLION DOLLARS EVERYDAY SOUNDS LIKE A LOT BUT AT 180 MILLION PEOPLE THAT IS ROUGHLY $1 FOR EVERYONE PER DAY. NOT ENOUGH TO EAT 1 MEAL SEF PER PERSON DAILY.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by owobokiri(m): 6:56pm On Mar 25, 2013
After impeaching Jonathan, Nigerians should go ahead and line up the likes of Obasanjo, Diya, Shonekan, IBB, Abubakar and about a thousand of their likes at the bar beach and have all of them blasted to hell. We may as well consider exhuming the likes of Awolowo and Enahoro to have their despicable cadavars shot too. Jonathan is corrupt no doubt, but Nigeria as the most corrupt country in the whole world is a project started after 1970.

8 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by mike404(m): 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
Story story
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by pendusky(m): 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
I hate Jonathan Critics...

Imagine a bombfree nation now, buh the question is who are funding these guys? GEJ will neva be Impeached! i bet u guys!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Myself2(m): 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
Who is this stewpid Brinkley to tell us what to do,when have I ever told Americans to impeach Obama for the sundry things he has done that truth be told,are not my business?

Mr Brinkley or Prickley heat,please go impeach Obama for asking gays and lesbos to marry one another and adopt children from normal marriages between men and women

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Dee60: 6:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
GEJ looks every cent a decent man but has shown a high degree of incompetence for the job. He should sack his current advisers who have led him astray, and get sound professionals to assist him till 2015, and I also advise him not to contest again in 2015. he has some good people though, but they seem quite few, NOI, Akinwunmi.... I cant think of any other one! Okupe and Abati are his worse set.

Honestly, I do not know why GEJ has not been sacking corrupt and incompetent advisers. That is a major weakness. If care is not taken, those advisers may get him into trouble!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ewet: 6:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
There is no gain stating the obvious.we are a failed nation and we still dont have the person to nredeem us from our parlous state and.GEJ is obviously not the man.He shuld be kicked out immediately i do not thnk Nigeria will be able to survive till 2015 with slow coach GEJ.
IMPEACHMENT IT IS FOR ME ASAP.THIS SUFFERING AND HOPELESSNESS IS TO MUCH

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by mike404(m): 7:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
ewet:
You are obviously suffering from neural pneumonia.you are already attesting to the fact tht your Clueless GEJ is truly useless and has no idea on how to change this country for gud how can you come out to say this.what was GEJ elected to do.he promised to transform and not conform with the status quo,he promised fresh air and not for us to continue to breath the polluted air of corruption and under devt.
If he cannot do the job then he shuld get the hell out and give way to those who can and who will get the job done.I tell you Nigerians are trully getting impatient with the slowpoke.
GEJ is goin to be the last president of this unholy union, let every body answer his father's name #BEH NANI

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Wsdm: 7:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
babe_online:
I agree. And to add to that I would like to say my best saying: Nigeria looks like it has not been visited by God since 1960. Lo_oL cheesy cheesy
... And the sicophants/clerics keep telling us that; God anointed this and chose that as a leader? Please ' pray for your leaders' even if they suck Your blood.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Aksonman: 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
[size=16pt]CLICK ON THE LINK O..THIS ARTICLE IS FAKE.
Link not found...this article is fake or perhaps put together by a paid hacker funded by APC /Boko Haram.

Una go tire o grin[/size]
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by pendusky(m): 7:03pm On Mar 25, 2013
ewet:

grin grin grin Go and Sleep, what we knw is that the best was elected to that post...

If u can write a very gud proposal on hw to move Nigeria forward without a single critics, i quit NL

Am waiting
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by moneyhungry(m): 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
israel007: Let me ask: did this corrupt practice start with GEJ? All the progressive promising change, as far as memories go, corruption has been eating Nigeria, has there ever been a day they come out to ask for a change and then be noble enough to. 'Make an attempt at stepping down so they are not part of the corruption? Nooo. They stayed in the system, enjoyed, spent their time, replaced. That seat with their candidates and once they fall our they come out with a front of saying we need to change somethings for the better. Betterment of who?

This is why we never progress.
Ghana was is in a similar condition until one man: j.k rawlings decided to change d game with iron hands.
it started with one regime, so ONE regime can end it.
use ur head u hediot!

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ewet: 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
JomoGbomo2: The whole world can't be wrong!
FOR US TO STILL HAVE THE SCUMBAG CALLED GEJ FOR PRESIDENT,WE ARE OBVIOUSLY A NATION OF 180 MILLION MUMUS,DUNCES, BUFFOONS AND BRAINLESS PEOPLE. after all it is what the people are tht determines the kind of leaders they get. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by soulfood(m): 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
Tolu19: For the sake of things getting worse, for the sake of national wealth seriously wasted everyday, for the sake of corruption getting to a record high and the sake of wrong decisions made by GEJ everyday,I beg that he is impeached without futher delay.

If he had been impeached Dec 2011, Petrol would still be 65 naira
If he had been impeached in May 2012, his wife's plane wouldn't have forced Dana Air crash with many lives gone.
If he had been impeached before the helicopter of the govenors crashed,they would have still been alive
If he had been impeached in February,the world renowned corrupt and public funds armed robbers wouldn't have been pardoned.
Etc

Who knows what happens 2morow from our president.

Please Politicians do us a huge favour by impeaching GEJ, arrest him immediately after impeachment, recover all stolen funds, cancel all his waste projects like giving fones to farmers nationwide and d rest,arrest all his cabinet members and prosecute dem seriously like Egypt prosecuted Hosni Mubarak,send Okupe and Abati to special jail and seize all their assets,their should no mercy to any slight degree,nothing like Abati's wife crying on TV to forgive her husband or Abati village people coming in groups with placards for his release. Justice must be served wholely, no half justice for any of them. Rebuild the civil service, mend all crooked ways and let Nigerians be united again happy,richer,better and safer.

I pray thee.
You forgot the ridiculing of MKO Abiola by the failed attempt to change Unilag to Maulag.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by TableLeg(m): 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
Hahaha... People are vexing!
Jona, your days are numbered, Otueke fisherman!!!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Dee60: 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2013

I dont get you. What has yesterday got to do with today? Corruption is destroying our nation and someone will sit and justify it! Amazing. There are 23 million Nigerians without jobs (time bomb as OBJ has said) and we sit in one corner making excuses for our leadership? Do you know how many trillions have been wasted in the past 2 years in the name of paying subsidy? Are you aware that is unprecedented in the history of this country? The 20 something year old son of PDP chiefs (old and new)became multi-billionaires in ONE year, in the name of claiming oil subsidies. An we can sit down and justify all that? With the financial state of this country, is there any thing left for coming generations except DEBTS?

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by soulfood(m): 7:06pm On Mar 25, 2013
Akson man: [size=16pt]CLICK ON THE LINK O..THIS ARTICLE IS FAKE.
Link not found...this article is fake or perhaps put together by a paid hacker funded by APC /Boko Haram.

Una go tire o grin[/size]
Is this about the Link or about the content of the article? Let us know when you find out that the issues raised are fake.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by moneyhungry(m): 7:06pm On Mar 25, 2013
bubadaniel13: OP just a question for the confused Mr Joel Brinkley,Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?how many years has he spent on power so far?Nigeria has been ruled by bad leaders for decades and u expect GEJ to turn bad things around within three years,the writer of the article must be dreaming.
this is why we never progress.
Ghana was is in a similar condition until one man: j.k rawlings decided to change d game.
it started with one regime, so ONE regime can end it.
use ur head u hediot!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Inoknowbook: 7:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
Jonathan is president of Nigeria, which should be among the world's most prosperous nations. After all, it produces an estimated 2.4 million barrels of oil each and every day. With oil now selling at $93.61 a barrel, that's $224 million in income daily. And yet many hospitals can't afford to buy an ambulance. The reason, in my view: Nigeria is the most corrupt nation on earth.

In as much as I know that Nigeria is so freaking corrupt, we do not need to exaggerate facts to substantiate that. This write up, even though correct to a large extent, was economical with the truth. Nigeria may be producing 2.4 million barrels of oil a day and that may translate to $244m as the writer stated, the problem with that, is that, the writer failed to tell us how much exactly is accruing to the federal government. Those who are knowledgeable in issues pertaining to the oil industry, knows that the federal government gets about half of whatever is coming from the sale of oil, and that the oil majors who are doing the exploration and production are the ones taking the rest. I will urge that our criticisms be, at all times, constructive.

Meanwhile, what have Saudi Arabia and Egypt to do with the emancipation of black Africa as the writer stated? First, Saudi Arabia is not even in Africa, and Egypt has nothing to do with black Africa. In my summation, this is nothing but a poorly researched/written attack piece and was probably done by amateurs.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ocelot2006(m): 7:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
pro01: Someone should kindly tell me how GEJ's (2 year) administration is worse than OBJ's eight years in power. I have since concluded that shallow people (which describes many of the most vocal critics of the present administration) hate GEJ not necessarily for his actions or inactions, but because of his person and persona.

(Un)fortunately, GEJ is not as rambunctious, belligerent, swashbuckling, untamed, and uncouth as Obasanjo, which makes him seem less exciting and therefore 'worse'. It's all a matter of perception; groundless perception based on appearances rather than substance.

How, in cold facts and figures, is corruption - all forms of corruption - worse under GEJ than it was under Obasanjo? Nigeria earned the highest revenues in her history during Obasanjo's eight wasted years in power. How did that tell on our lives? Were the roads better under OBJ than they are now? Was the power supply better than it is now? Were our hospitals better equipped? Was there greater infrastructural development under OBJ than now? Was there less wastage of public funds under OBJ than now? Was the Rule of Law better observed under OBJ than it is under GEJ? Was general insecurity any less under OBJ than it is today (minus the emergent Boko Haram phenomenon, which sensible people realise is a political ploy to return power to the north)? Was the public service more efficient under OBJ than it is now? Most importantly, did Nigerians have more food on their tables under OBJ than they have today under GEJ (despite the fact that the country earned more courtesy of record crude oil prices during OBJ's eight years)? What then, is the basis for maligning GEJ as the worst thing to happen to Nigeria? Could it be merely because of his unpretentious appearance and underwhelming personality? Or could it be because of his unfashionable trademark hat? Because of his perceived lack of 'swagger'? Is that enough to justify so much baseless hate?

Do you so easily forget that the highest number of politically motivated assassinations occurred under Obasanjo, and ALL of them (including the murder of a serving Minister of Justice/Attorney-General) remain unresolved?

Again, how can anyone forget that political corruption, which is arguably worse than financial corruption, was elevated to official state practice under Obasanjo? In Nigeria's political history, has there been any election worse than the 2003 and 2007 general elections conducted by Obasanjo? Compare that with GEJ's demonstrable resolve not to tamper with electoral processes - which has seen the freest and fairest elections in Nigeria's history take place under him (e.g. Edo, Ondo, Anambra, Imo, etc). Gradually, the phenomenon of election-rigging is becoming extinct, primarily because GEJ refuses to endorse such, even to his own party's detriment. Can you say the same for OBJ?

Have we forgotten how Obasanjo sought to ALTER the constitution to prolong his stay in power through a dubious third term provision? Is that brazen act of political corruption not infinitely worse than pardoning a penitent convicted man?

I can go on and on, but the imperative of brevity constrains me. The fact is that we cannot judge GEJ in isolation. He had predecessors, and if we cannot prove how his administration is worse than those of his predecessors (especially OBJ), then we have serious issues indeed.

Bros, I owe you a drink, and you dare not say no. Excellent post.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by searay(m): 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2013
As a man thinkest in his heart so he is if he continue to think that way.

People are making it in Nigeria but others are here talking thrash. How can you prosper in a country you've seen nothing good in it?
God bless Nigeria, Amen.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by POLICECAP: 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
So GEJ has a project of buying fone for all farmers. grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by awodman: 7:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
The same Stanford University’s Professor Joel Brinkley that wrote a
largely incoherent opinion article on Vietnam. Many leading
Vietnamese in the United States and back home in Vietnam
came together, petitioned, countered him and then
demanded that he resign his position at Stanford
University.
One of them called the article 'the most misinformed,
bigoted piece of claptrap on the subject of Vietnam that I
have ever had the displeasure to read"...

See Petition by Vietnamese in America calling from
Professor Brinkley’s resignation from Stanford University
here

https://www.change.org/petitions/professor-joel-brinkley-
stanford-university-resign-from-teaching

Also, the Stanford Vietnamese Student Association came
out to release an Op-Ed in the Stanford Daily, in
solidarity with numerous Stanford university on-campus
organizations where they described Joel Brinkley's article 'A
perversion of the cultural image of Vietnam and an
antithesis to the mission of tolerance that Stanford
University - students and faculty alike- should promote…”

See Op-Ed here http://www.stanforddaily.com/2013/02/08/
op-ed-a-response-to-joel-brinkleys-offensive-article/
Professor Brinkley’s eventually apologized. The apology is
also provided on the petitions page.
One commentator on the Brinkley article, Iain Purdie of
Glasgow, UK stated thus “a man who is unable to research
a small article on a country with volumes of data available
about it is obviously incapable of reliably teaching facts to
students.
At a guess, he is either lazy, opportunistic or
racist – none of which I will find acceptable in a person in
charge of the education of others”. (Culled from the
petition page provided above)

Trumpet Media through which the published article was
syndicated, also offered an apology for the article stating
that the opinion article did not meet ‘their’ journalistic
standards.

Interestingly, maybe we should also say that this is just
the right time for Professor Brinkley to also resign from this
teaching position at Stanford where he is supposed to be
molding minds and building the leaders of tomorrow.

So Professor Brinkley, I hereby join voices with the
Vietnamese students at Stanford and DEMAND that
you RESIGN immediately.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ocee31(m): 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
Joel brinkley is an idiot & should be beheaded. This guy should be made to apologize. Has he ever been to Nigeria? Go & read his article on vietnam & you'll find out that this guy is a complete slowpoke

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by naylove(m): 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
we already know this jor. sadly no one is doing anything about it. we must start an effectve change with our constitution which itself is founded on lies and corruption.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ewet: 7:19pm On Mar 25, 2013
pendusky:

grin grin grin Go and Sleep, what we knw is that the best was elected to that post...

If u can write a very gud proposal on hw to move Nigeria forward without a single critics, i quit NL

Am waiting
The scumbag was not the best.he was just a stooge of the consevative school of thought tht promotes wanton corruption,mediocrity,insensitvity to the plight of the people and under development.Please you shuld write out a white paper on just 10 things your GEJ has achived to make this country better.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Gamji007: 7:19pm On Mar 25, 2013
jerseyboy: Nigeria's Squandered Opportunity By Joel Brinkley-LA Times

By Joel Brinkley

Good luck, Mr. Jonathan. It's time you were impeached.

(Joel Brinkley is the Hearst professional in residence at Stanford University and a Pulitzer Prize-winning former correspondent for The New York Times.)

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/sns-201303191300--tms--amvoicesctnav-c20130319-20130319,0,2415012.column

APC has gone international. grin
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by trillville(m): 7:20pm On Mar 25, 2013
obadiah777: 240 MILLION DOLLARS EVERYDAY SOUNDS LIKE A LOT BUT AT 180 MILLION PEOPLE THAT IS ROUGHLY $1 FOR EVERYONE PER DAY. NOT ENOUGH TO EAT 1 MEAL SEF PER PERSON DAILY.

240 million dollars is extra money given to Nigeria by God. Other countries do not have oil yet there are surviving.
Is it oil that china is selling that is making it the largest economy on earth by 2016?

We should not be using our oil money to be paying for politicians and civil servants to build mansions, buy private jets and be popping champagne.

How much is an ambulance self. Even at 50 million naira, 240 million dollars (about 36 billion naira) will purchase 720 ambulances. We have 774 local governments. One weeks earnings from oil is enough to buy over 5 ambulances in each lga. This is the transformation nigerians expected and not what we are seeing.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by damola1: 7:20pm On Mar 25, 2013
Why is Fashola seldom mentioned with corrupt practices? and everytime, we hear Jonathan...
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by PHIPEX(m): 7:20pm On Mar 25, 2013
pro01: Someone should kindly tell me how GEJ's (2 year) administration is worse than OBJ's eight years in power. I have since concluded that shallow people (which describes many of the most vocal critics of the present administration) hate GEJ not necessarily for his actions or inactions, but because of his person and persona.

(Un)fortunately, GEJ is not as rambunctious, belligerent, swashbuckling, untamed, and uncouth as Obasanjo, which makes him seem less exciting and therefore 'worse'. It's all a matter of perception; groundless perception based on appearances rather than substance.

How, in cold facts and figures, is corruption - all forms of corruption - worse under GEJ than it was under Obasanjo? Nigeria earned the highest revenues in her history during Obasanjo's eight wasted years in power. How did that tell on our lives? Were the roads better under OBJ than they are now? Was the power supply better than it is now? Were our hospitals better equipped? Was there greater infrastructural development under OBJ than now? Was there less wastage of public funds under OBJ than now? Was the Rule of Law better observed under OBJ than it is under GEJ? Was general insecurity any less under OBJ than it is today (minus the emergent Boko Haram phenomenon, which sensible people realise is a political ploy to return power to the north)? Was the public service more efficient under OBJ than it is now? Most importantly, did Nigerians have more food on their tables under OBJ than they have today under GEJ (despite the fact that the country earned more courtesy of record crude oil prices during OBJ's eight years)? What then, is the basis for maligning GEJ as the worst thing to happen to Nigeria? Could it be merely because of his unpretentious appearance and underwhelming personality? Or could it be because of his unfashionable trademark hat? Because of his perceived lack of 'swagger'? Is that enough to justify so much baseless hate?

Do you so easily forget that the highest number of politically motivated assassinations occurred under Obasanjo, and ALL of them (including the murder of a serving Minister of Justice/Attorney-General) remain unresolved?

Again, how can anyone forget that political corruption, which is arguably worse than financial corruption, was elevated to official state practice under Obasanjo? In Nigeria's political history, has there been any election worse than the 2003 and 2007 general elections conducted by Obasanjo? Compare that with GEJ's demonstrable resolve not to tamper with electoral processes - which has seen the freest and fairest elections in Nigeria's history take place under him (e.g. Edo, Ondo, Anambra, Imo, etc). Gradually, the phenomenon of election-rigging is becoming extinct, primarily because GEJ refuses to endorse such, even to his own party's detriment. Can you say the same for OBJ?

Have we forgotten how Obasanjo sought to ALTER the constitution to prolong his stay in power through a dubious third term provision? Is that brazen act of political corruption not infinitely worse than pardoning a penitent convicted man?

I can go on and on, but the imperative of brevity constrains me. The fact is that we cannot judge GEJ in isolation. He had predecessors, and if we cannot prove how his administration is worse than those of his predecessors (especially OBJ), then we have serious issues indeed.

How I wish there is a way to like a post again and again. Many Nigerians suffer from amnesia; we forget so soon. It could partly be because of our culture where times and again we hear a cliche like "the good old days" and I keep wondering if the old days were truly better than the present or we are just dwelling in fantasy. Even corporate bodies that want to assess their growth rate annually compare their present to their past but Nigerians want to compare the present to a potential future only, let's not forget where we are coming from. Our Leaders have collectively squandered our common wealth and I shall not excuse any of them neither shall I make the present leaders "the scape-goats". Most of those pointing accusing fingers were in govt in the past, How did they fare better?

If I were the President, the best way to silence critics is to put up an outstanding performance and I really wish and hope he does that.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram / Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years / Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance"

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.