Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,248 members, 7,884,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 09:25 AM

Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? (15136 Views)

Best Books You've Read This Year? / Chinua Achebe Publishes Biafran Memoir / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by rhymz(m): 10:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
you couldn't have gone through the Nigerian primary and secondary school system without having read any od Chinua Achebe's book especially Chike and River.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by franca30(f): 10:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things fall apart,Man of d people(Mr Nanga nd Mr Odili )
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by onila(f): 11:03pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things Fall Apart
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Aksally(m): 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things fall apart
Arrow of God- this is a masterpiece
Man of the people- tried many times but can't finished the book
Chike and the river.

BTW a thread should be created for numbers of African Writers Series anyone has devoured.
Personaly, I have read more than 100.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by mayanchi700(m): 11:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
([b][/b]Things fall apart
And my favourite ....The Trouble with Nigeria :'
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
I've read Things fall apart,no longer at ease,Chike and the river but my favourite is THE TROUBLE WITH NIGERIA.The man prophesied what is happening in Nigeria now decades ago.#RIP ONE OF AFRICA'S GREATEST MINDS#
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by hardbody: 11:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
momodub: Things Fall Apart
No Longer at Ease
Arrow of God
Chike and the River.
i ve read all the above all nice novels.
those days we read die no be now when multimedia don spoil everything Blackberry babes

Plus there was a country
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by slyk2(m): 11:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
There was a writer
When there was a country
He was a man of the readers.

His pen was no longer at ease
As he shot the arrows of the gods
Only for things to fall apart

Now he sails with Chike in the river
The war with the girls has siezed
And the Savanna is still with no anthills

Okonkwo is dead
Ezeulu is confused
The Biafran clan is mourning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by DeBamenda(m): 11:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
"Le Monde s'Effondre", the french version of "Things Fall Apart".

The disruption of African community by the arrival of white missionaries.

2 Likes

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by ssii: 12:06am On Mar 23, 2013
Things fall apart
Man of the people
Arrows of the gods
No longer ease
Chike and river
Read years back as a teenager in secondary. Some I read 2 or 3 times. Truly reading has been destroyed. I find it difficult now reading through there was a country, not with all the time spent on nairaland and other sites.
RIP Prof Achebe
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by meforyou1(m): 12:23am On Mar 23, 2013
Yorubas, we will jam when unfortunately it's soyinka's turn. Can't join issues with d devilish saddist, war criminal, awo whatever. Or whatever is d devil's fullname.and then on net, on ground, on air, on water,one-on-one and by any means 'an igbo man is greater than u cowards forever'. Fulani has taken over a good part of your lands, igbos will grab your souls. We never forget and we never forgive
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by emyguz(m): 12:39am On Mar 23, 2013
Pls, can anyone help me out with Chinua Achebe's 'things fall apart' novel'?
To be sincere, i've never read it. Pls, your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I need it in ebook (pdf) format
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by chimex38: 12:40am On Mar 23, 2013
After reading all these books, still na 4 dis nairaland people dey 'tabor' anyhow. The pidgin wey i learn 4rm 'my oga at d top' (akpors) still better pass una queens English

i bet sey una don 4get wetin hm buks dey talk about
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Originalsly: 1:54am On Mar 23, 2013
Things Fall Apart... story was deep.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Gistwitherico(m): 6:13am On Mar 23, 2013
*Things fall apart
*arrow of God
*trouble with Nigeria
*women at war
*no longer at ease
*anthills of a savanna.
Favourite things fall apart and trouble wth nigeria... I miss him
my favourite quote, MY WEAPON IS LITERATURE.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by achi4u(m): 6:17am On Mar 23, 2013
Things fall apart

Arrow of God

Chike and the river

Man of the people

...waiting to read longer at ease and his newly "there was a country that never was".Things fall apart really shaped my life.

rip daddy
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by ayanfeeledumare(m): 6:42am On Mar 23, 2013
cyril83: I've read Akrika and koto orun. Abi what are we discussing here?

Kolo confusionist! U sound like an Aboki.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by UjSizzle(f): 7:16am On Mar 23, 2013
Things Fall Apart(cos i wanted to help a pal with her assignment)
Anthills of the Savannah kept putting me to sleep(good sedative)
Chike and the River(never knew he wrote that until now)

next will be There was a country...
I love memoirs smiley

I'm actually more Wole/Adichie inclined undecided
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by magnificentsk(m): 7:17am On Mar 23, 2013
Anthills of the savanah
Things fall apart
May be as time unfold will get to read others..
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Zonacom(m): 7:40am On Mar 23, 2013
Things fall apart, A man of the people, No longer at ease, Arrow of God, chike and the river(luv d way he described onitsha & asaba in d story. He refered to asaba as poor man lagos)
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Solozzo(m): 8:02am On Mar 23, 2013
Mynd_44: None. But I saw some episodes of Things fall Apart on the old NTA. I found that boring as hell

Yes the film was a flop. Read the novel. Quite good

I've read

Things fall apart
no longer at ease
Chike and the river
A man of the people

Favorite is: no longer at ease.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Solozzo(m): 8:10am On Mar 23, 2013
emyguz: Pls, can anyone help me out with Chinua Achebe's 'things fall apart' novel'?
To be sincere, i've never read it. Pls, your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I need it in ebook (pdf) format

Sorry no e- book version of this book exist. Just buy a hard copy.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by tpia5: 8:17am On Mar 23, 2013
Aksally: Things fall apart

BTW a thread should be created for numbers of African Writers Series anyone has devoured.
Personaly, I have read more than 100.

There's probably a thread for that floating around here somewhere.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by tpia5: 8:22am On Mar 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
And your point is?

Try to read up on chinua achebe.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 23, 2013
I remeber in Pry 4, i was about 7 years old, really quite precocious, i gave my father a list of books i wanted to read, they included
all of Achebe's books and Ayi Kwei Armah, Ngugi wa Thiongo and a couple of other advanced authors, i remember the look on his face when he asked me what i wanted to do with them, well long story cut short he got them books and it really opened my mind.

well for the issue on ground i have read:

THINGS FALL APART
ANTHILLS OF THE SAVANNAH
BEWARE SOUL BROTHER
A MAN OF THE PEOPLE
CHIKE AND THE RIVER
NO LONGER AT EASE
SELECTED ESSAYS OF PROF ACHEBE
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE

I WILL MISS HIM
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Neduzze5(m): 9:48am On Mar 23, 2013
tpia@:

Try to read up on chinua achebe.

Absolutely on point!!
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Mynd44: 10:04am On Mar 23, 2013
ckkris:

Then which books did you read.
Some more interesting books
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by tomietush(m): 10:11am On Mar 23, 2013
Cnt really bliv I made the frontpage! Today is ∂̶̲̥̅̊ happiest day of М̤̣̲̣̈̇Ɣ life! Tnx mod
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Livinusc(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2013
tomietush: There are so many books by the late icon, as for me, I read things fall apart, arrow of god,no longer at ease, anthill of the savannah, and many more,
In honor of the late icon, name his books that u have read
Things Fall Apart
No Longer at Ease
Arrow of God

Chike and the River
RIP Dgreat icon.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by obstead200(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2013
I've read most of the books u guys mmentioned.but my best is arrow of God.Jeeez!!!! If I start discussing and analysing the story line and the general plot of the book, I wud speak none stop till tommorrow morning. I wud forever be impressed on how he created and built tthe character of Ezeulu, the maverick and controversial chief priest of Ulu
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by gbame(m): 1:33pm On Mar 23, 2013
oddy4real: Things Fall Apart
No Longer at Ease
A man of the people
Anthills of the Savannah
Chike and the River
The Problem with Nigeria
Arrow of God
There was a country.

The best for me has to be THINGS FOR APART and it is timeless

Its TROUBLE not PROBLEM. I have read Chike and The River, Things Fall Apart, No Longer at Ease, Arrow of God, Anthills of The Savannah, A man of The People. I enjoyed A Man of The People
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Daviyd: 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2013
Bolt2011: The thread is not moving since its about books. Only one page since!!!
SMH for this generation. Now I agree we have lost our reading culture

I read 'Things fall apart', 'Arrow of God' and'Chike and the River'. Hope to read 'There was a country' soon

'May God help us all', according to Greatgod2012.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amos Tutuola's 100th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Tom Clancy Dies At 66 / Do Animals Think??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.